Is there somethings wrong with Computer AI in Transfer Markets?

I dont really understand.....

Sevilla offer Ajax Toby Alderweireld for £16.75m

I(my Club as Liverpool) offer them £17m

They have rejected it

I offer them £18m

They have rejected it

I offer them £20m

They have Rejected it and say They want £47m

My first thought was "You are taking the pissed". My understanding is that I offer MORE Moneys than other Club as they should have accepted my offer!

I dont think SI have really sort out the Transfer Markets coding as in real life club would accept my offer than other club because I offer them MORE Moneys!!!

The media saying Sevilla is firm favourites to sign him! :(

Let hope they fixed it for FM 2014!

• 1 month later...

No idea. You could check your relationship with the Ajax manager by examining their manager. However, it may be the result of a particularly good relationship between Ajax and Sevilla...are the clubs affiliated? Also, they could be offering extras like a percentage of next sale, friendly between the clubs, etc.

Also, I've had the experience that when I send in multiple low offers, the club starts to ask for more money as follows:

I offer 14 million.

They refuse and ask for 20 million.

I offer 17 million.

They refuse and ask for 23 million.

I offer 20 million - which is what they asked for initially.

They refuse and ask for even more (say 26 million).

Here is the good news: by doing this, the player virtually always asks for more money. Frequently, the club is unwilling to pay - and the player is upset and now gets transfer listed. At that point, I can pick him up for 14 million or whatever the reasonable price is. The whole process may take a transfer window or two to play out.

• 1 month later...
No idea. You could check your relationship with the Ajax manager by examining their manager. However, it may be the result of a particularly good relationship between Ajax and Sevilla...are the clubs affiliated? Also, they could be offering extras like a percentage of next sale, friendly between the clubs, etc.

Also, I've had the experience that when I send in multiple low offers, the club starts to ask for more money as follows:

I offer 14 million.

They refuse and ask for 20 million.

I offer 17 million.

They refuse and ask for 23 million.

I offer 20 million - which is what they asked for initially.

They refuse and ask for even more (say 26 million).

Mine is even better for a good laugh:

Napoli offered 8M to keep Pepe Reina permanently after his season long loan (I am with Liverpool)

I asked for 10M

They counter offered 6M !!!

Stoke offered 3.5M to take Henderson

Told them I want minimum 5M

Next day they counter offer 2.5M !!! at that moment I almost fell off my chair :D

Does the opposition clubs think I am a moron or just fooling around :confused:

Mine is even better for a good laugh:

Napoli offered 8M to keep Pepe Reina permanently after his season long loan (I am with Liverpool)

I asked for 10M

They counter offered 6M !!!

Stoke offered 3.5M to take Henderson

Told them I want minimum 5M

Next day they counter offer 2.5M !!! at that moment I almost fell off my chair :D

Does the opposition clubs think I am a moron or just fooling around :confused:

That's actually quite clever haggling from the AI. They clearly know you won't accept what they offer, but to bargain with them, you more often than not settle for less than you originally wanted. It works in your favour as well at times, as long as you're not stupid with it.

Archived