Quick pre-order question, a family member pre-ordered FM14 for me

a family member pre-ordered FM14 for me at GameStop without me knowing but they only got a receipt of an order deposit, was i also supposed to get a code with that because when i myself pre-ordered last year i believe i got a separate FM page with a code on it????

I think you don't get the code, until the game is available for download

are you sure about this? im starting to wonder if GameStop is not part of the pre-order demo deal like some other retailers.

anyone else buy from GameStop, could you let me know please?

Did she write down her email adress when bying the game? I reckon they'd email her the code when the game is released. If not I guess you could contact the shop and ask what their policy is when pre ordering a game at a physical shop...

• 1 month later...

If you got the game for 20 euros I wouldn't say it's down the drain. You just doesn't get to play the beta two weeks in advance of the release. Or maybe I've misunderstood something??? At least you should always be able to get your money back (or your family members money back).

If it's a deposit then I doubt it. Might just have to stick with it, or try and complain enough that in this case they decide to honour a refund. At least it's only a 2 week wait - it's not the end of the world with no beta - you'll still be able to play on release day on what will hopefully be a more stable client.

No i didn't get it for 20euros that was the deposit and they don't do refunds. but what im going to do is see if i can change the pre-ordered game to Wolfenstein The New Order thats come out in 2014 lol, and pre-order the FM14 at HMV so i can play the beta.

• 2 weeks later...
No i didn't get it for 20euros that was the deposit and they don't do refunds. but what im going to do is see if i can change the pre-ordered game to Wolfenstein The New Order thats come out in 2014 lol, and pre-order the FM14 at HMV so i can play the beta.

how about that went into the store today to see about swapping my pre-order and low and behold they gave me my FM14 pre-order reward my beta code :D

Im sorted :brock:

Archived