Contradicting myself in a press conference?

After getting a 2-2 draw in and against Besiktas (playing as Dender) in the Euro cup group stage a journalist asked if i was happy with the draw, given that we played a much bigger side.

I said I felt we missed out on a win.

The journalist says I'm contradicting my earlier reply, where as I stated that I was proud of my players for a 1-1 draw at Anderlecht.

Contradicting myself. About a draw in a different game. Really?

At besiktas I was comfortably leading 2-0 at half time but we threw the lead away, even though I warned against complacency at HT. At Anderlecht we were getting outplayed but managed an equaliser 2 minutes before the final whistle. Surely these are 2 different situations?

Arguably I should've switched up my tactic when Besiktas scored 1-2, but my point is the press conference and it's apparant lack to read into what they're actually asking. How can one contradict a statement about a different match?

Hoping the press conferences get an overhaul for FM14. They already felt generic & incredibly repetitive, but getting this kind of feedback from the imaginary press is making me outsource this to the AssMan.

Just once I'd like one of the press conference responses to pop up as "You're an uneducated, ignorant twerp and your mother dresses you funny". 10 years into a save, and I'm answering the exact same questions about the exact same center back every other press conference.

Archived