Clear Cut Chance

For the past 18 months (maybe longer) I've been designing an e-book for the Football Manager community, this publication will be available every quarter. Edition One is almost ready for release and will be released early September and is totally free.

It's a project run by myself and Jad from http://www.pushthemwide.co.uk/ We've also got Foxo involved from the awaystand and Naks who is a poster off these boards. It's been a real team effort settings this up.

We aim to bring you quality content for Football Manager and hopefully put a little spin on things. We've tried to be as diverse as possible and offer stuff for all aspects of Football Manager to cater for all readers. Some of the content that you can expect to see in Edition One and future editions are interviews with Coaches, scouts, physio's, analytics, directors and a host of other professionals who are involved with football clubs. We've asked them FM related stuff and some of the answers we've got back have been brilliant so far they really give you an insight into how things work and how they compare to Football Manager.

That is just one small snippet that you can expect. We are really excited by this project and have took our time to ensure we can make it the best we possible can. It's a FM e-book created by the community for the community.

If you want to be kept in the loop for the exact date we are releasing then sign up to our email listing which can be found here;

http://www.clearcutchance.com/

The full site will launch with the first edition. You can also follow us on twitter @ClearCutChance

We sent out an email today for those currently signed up to our mail listing;

Dear subscriber,The support for the Clear Cut Chance magazine has been phenomenal since we announced the imminent release on Wednesday night even despite not giving much information away on our website. It's only fair, we feel, after you guys showed your support by subscribing to our progress that we give some more details about what you can expect.

The timeline As we announced, we expect release of the magazine to be in September and we can now confirm that it will be very early September. Here is how we are expecting (or hoping?) things to progress.

15th August: this is when we will lock down the content in the magazine. We have a few great guys working on articles and we hope to have their contributions in before this time; but anything that comes after the 15th won't be included and will have to be kept back for the second edition of Clear Cut Chance. From here, we will be working on the design of the magazine and cleaning up the content so every single word is as perfect as possible. We anticipate this period to be quite hectic but we will of course keep you updated.

Late August: an announcement about a concrete release date will be made when we know ourselves. We will tweet and send out a very short email to all subscribers letting them know when this date is.

Release: an email will be sent out a couple of minutes before release to give you time to put your reading glasses on and find a quiet room. Our website will go live with many more details about what's inside and a great big download button.

Content: Although Cleon has already been giving some hints about content, what the articles in CCC Edition One are has been kept pretty secret. Here's a bit more on what the first edition has to offer:

• Cleon's interview with coach Jed Davies sheds light on the real world of football
  • Shrewnaldo considers a more practical, responsive way of playing FM
  • Other contributors include:
    • Matt Fox and Sibo from The Away Stand
    • The Real Time Football Manager
    • Jarrod Birch from Push Them Wide

Design: We know reading on a digital screen isn't great. A member of the team, Thibaut Billard (aka NakS), has been working hard on making the eBook as smooth and readable as possible. No paragraph-less Times New Roman at size 8 here.

FAQs: What formats will the eBook be available in?

PDF, ePub and Mobi formats are all guaranteed. If you want another format included, send us an email at contact@clearcutchance.com and we'll see what we can do.

How long is the eBook?

We can't give a deadly accurate answer because things are always being chopped and changed but we anticipate that it will fall somewhere between 10,000 and 15,000 words. We want it to be something you can read over a few hours and then again the next day and then in two months time and this length seems perfect.

Can I write for you?

Hell yeah! If you've got an idea, a first draft or a final draft, email us at contribute@clearcutchance.com and we'll get back to you.

Can I translate CCC into my language?

We'd love that - send us an email.

How often will CCC be released?

We are aiming to release a new edition quarterly. This means you can expect Edition Two sometime in December, but not necessarily at the start of the month. We're not that organised!

How can I get hold of you?

The best way to ask questions etc is to email us at contact@clearcutchance.com. Twitter moves so fast that we can barely keep up!

Now - back to work for us.

Cheers,

Jad and Cleon,

Editors of Clear Cut Chance

PS: follow us on Twitter for quick notes about progress!

Thanks guys.

Hopefully you like it we've spend a lot of time preparing for this and any future editions. It would have been so easy to just rush this and put an edition out much earlier than we are doing but then it would have been rushed and not our best work. Not only that but we wouldn't have any long term plan or any kind of support system in place to be able to do a project like this. It requires a lot of time and effort to bring it all together.

Since announcing that we were working Clear Cut Chance magazine a couple of weeks ago, we have been teasing about a release date.

After much progress in design and content we can now tell you that we will be releasing Edition One on 1st September. You will be able to get all available formats - ePub, PDF and Mobi - directly and exclusively from our newly unveiled website from that date.

From that point we will turn our focus towards Edition Two which will be released at some point in December (although not necessarily on the 1st). Our website has a blog built in so that you can keep up to date with the goings-on at Camp CCC.

• 5 weeks later...
I must say the content in the first edition is truelly amazing, some great reads...

A suggestion I have got to improve the quality even more is try and break the text up a little. I am a decent reader but found the wall of text in front of me rather daunting.

I cannot wait for issue 2. :)

We had images in but removed them as it didn't look right and made the whole thing messy. Hopefully we can include a few more for issue two but the images have to fit with the style and concept and be relevant to the article without making it look untidy. It's harder than you think to strike the right balance :(

Hopefully you'll like the 2nd edition though when we include a few more images :)

Congratulations all of you!

The cover's beautiful...can not wait to go back home and read it with a cup of coffee.

Cheers!

Cheers, hope you enjoy it :)

I take nothing away from the quality of the product, it's a great read... I just like to offer some constructive feedback if I can. Please don't take my last post as a degrading message. :)

I didn't think that at all mate and just wanted to put across why we didn't have many images :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Issue 3 is well under way and will be released middle of March.

For anyone wanting to join the current team of writers we have please let us know. We have massive plans for edition 4 and I'm sure you'll all enjoy them.

Archived