Under-soil heating

Some time ago I came across a thread from someone with this exact same problem, but I can't seem to find it anymore (can't remember the thread title) & I don't remember the solution, if there was any.

Some background:

Recently I started a save with Dender in Belgiums third division. The goal I set out for myself was to get promoted to first division & eventually win it, by only using the own youth ranks & not bringing in any players. Given that it's a small club, one of the biggest challenges was the financial aspect. I'm now at the start of my fourth season and for the past 3 years I've been focussed like a maniac on getting my players on the lowest possible contracts without making them unhappy.. usually resulting in contracts about 275€ p/w.

Now, we've secured promotion to the first division. My excitement soon made way for the following : under-soil heating

Costing 4.7 m ? Really? For heating?

This will financially run the club in the ground I'm afraid (balance currently 5.5m in the red). Just wondering if there was any solution or if the amount was a bug?

Surely any club getting promoted that has to comply with league requirements would get a loan for these kind of stadium upgrades?

Thx in advance

It's been mentioned a few times, check to see if there is also a stadium expansion taking place as on occasions the news item only details mentions a single part of the upgrade.

Apparantly, there's also a stadium expansion indeed. That clarifies the amount.

Still, shouldn't clubs get a loan for this? I fear this will have us heading for bankruptcy & be the end of my save.

Sadly funny to see how I've been flipping coins for 3 years only to get knocked down by this :)

I didn't mean to suggest deciding on a loan myself, I thought this to be a bug, as surely few sane boards would opt to finance this themselves, knowing fully well that it has a good chance of bankrupting a club?

The reason i ask is because i work for a pharmaceutical software company & virtually every pharmacy making an investment of 10k€ or up finance it through leasing. I'm having a hard time believing any company or football club wouldn't do the same, especially for this kind of investment and even more so when they have low budgets. Perphaps there's some logic behind it that I'm failing to understand.

I guess you have to pray that your youth produces the next vincant kompany and sell him high within the next 2 years :p

The current financial situation has me deliberating whether or not to sell my top players.. But even my top players are only valued 160k, highest wage being 2k a week. At the moment just trying to wait and see how it develops.. The goal of my save was to develop young talents, but honestly I don't see at what point in the future I'll have enough funds to improve the youth setup. No having young Kompanys come through these youth ranks any time soon I'm afraid (^^,) Not complaining about it, I knew beforehand this was going to be a serious challenge. It's part of the appeal imo. I just found it weird for the club to get such a steep investment forced upon them & not taking a loan

We've set a few new attendancy/ticket sales records indeed, but it hasn't weighed up against the financial debt unfortunately.

Unexpectedly, we're at a fourth place atm though. If we finish in the top 7 we can still play for a european ticket, which would be some every welcome additional funds :)

Archived