Why is it that when you accept a bid for a player from another team, the transfer always goes through?

It seems unrealistic that negotiations between a player you are trying to sell and a computer-controlled-team never break down.

There are players I have tried to sell and received no offers for, because "his wages are too high for any interested clubs", but whenever I do accept a bid, I always check what I pay him and what his new club pays him and while many times it does go up or stay the same, many times it also goes down, even down to half or a third of what he was earning with me.

If I tried to sign a player and offered him less than he was currently earning (unless he is nearing retirement) I'm sure negotiations would break down. But this never happens to the computer.

It's like as though the computer knows if they can afford his wages before bidding, which seems unrealistic.

I think it would be much better if there were more bids and fewer were successful (if that makes sense?).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
I had Carlos Tevez for Man City, only 3 seasons in, and he wasn't performing so i tried to sell him. He wasn't getting game time so his value dropped to about £2 million. He was my highest paid player at the time on 210k a week so I had to get him off my wage budget. I offered him to clubs for free, and was surprised to receive an offer from league 2 Plymouth! I thought there was no chance the deal could go through, but it did, and he is now playing in league 2, earning 1.6k a week! Anyone else seen anything like this? Just the other day I saw Sessegnon was playing in the Blue Square North!

Sucks doesn't it? I had Messi in Staines playing for me. He was playing really well but my assistant manager placed him on transfer list and he was sold while a match with my team was going on. I still see him playing for Aldershot

Archived