FM2008 - Arsenal FC. mo money, no problems edition.

hughsieb

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anderson was Porto

Oh! Dang! He was, wasnt he! Well, you can add Veloso to the list anyway. Seems as he'll be at OT next season or soon anyway! BAH!

Congrats on the league cup win. Always good to see youth do well.

Looking at that screenshot, I see everybody got a 7 or more. Is it me or does anybody get pis**d off when a player get a rating of 6 or below? Especially when you get them on as a substitute in the 60th minute say. Really annoying when everyone else has a rating of 7/8 and then the one guy pops up with a 6!! icon_mad.gif

Yeah, that's bloody annoying with an injury late in the game. It should be sorted for FM09 I think. If a player is forced to go off injured, the replacement should be given an automatic 7 unless of course he makes a big mistake or something. Should be the case in case of an injury in the last 10 mins atleast.

Originally posted by ronaldo_1978:

ano breno is world class but should i spend 47 mil on him ? my current defence is sagna , richards , toure , clichy

Seems much too much. Are you not happy with Nordtveit or Djourou? Nordtveit becomes better than Breno in my opinion.

Originally posted by rich_sotdc:

does natural fitness go up or does it stay as it is? none of my youngsters' Nat Fit have changed at all, or any of the older senior players for that matter.

I think it stays around about what it is. It never changes dramatically.

ronaldo_1978

That is an absurd price for Breno.

Sergio Ramos, who I believe is way better than him, costs less than 30mil.

That's how much I got him for thou.

Thou I haven't tried Breno, I'm sure there are plenty others who are better than him imo, Mertsacker / Felipe / Micah Richards / Sakho / Albiol / Mexes...

But if you really want to give Breno a try, why not.

clearly it must be some sort of corner bug... but i dont know what this bug is, can someone enlighten me?

he did score 6 in one game in the club world championsip. my stats for goals from corners are ridiculous.

ok i need help i have 3 regions with amazing potential but they need work permite yet the board cant find a suitable feeder club is there anything i can do.

also in my 3rd season i am in march i have won so far this season:

community shield

super cup

world club championship

league cup

im top of the prem

quarters of the champions league

and in the fa cup quarters

has any1 won all of these trophys in one season b4 because im confident in doing it,7 trophys in 1 season is amazing

Cini65 - the exploit is if you have him set to Challenge GK and your Corner taker aiming to 6 yard-box.

elephantman - you already have one in Salamanca. I only realaised this after asking too.

And im about too aswell in my second season. Going to sell the older stars at the end of the season and bring some youth in next year to stop the game getting too easy.

Originally posted by max05:

won everything too.

once you have a solid tactic, that feat is not that difficult imo.

I agree mate. With the players available and money to spend you cant go wrong. I've played the same tactic in almost every game the last two years now, with some tweaks here and there but on the whole its the same.

I think for my third season im going to look to play the likes of Lansbury and Wilshere. I may sell Rosicky and Van Persie to make room for them. I think it would make things a bit more challenging and rewarding!

Thats if we do win the Quad. Final of the FA Cup vs Man United and Semis of CL vs Inter remain icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Scott08:

I agree mate. With the players available and money to spend you cant go wrong. I've played the same tactic in almost every game the last two years now, with some tweaks here and there but on the whole its the same.

I think for my third season im going to look to play the likes of Lansbury and Wilshere. I may sell Rosicky and Van Persie to make room for them. I think it would make things a bit more challenging and rewarding!

Thats if we do win the Quad. Final of the FA Cup vs Man United and Semis of CL vs Inter remain icon_smile.gif

Well then good luck mate. icon_smile.gif

ronaldo_1978

Good call not getting Breno. Thats way too much for him and I dont think he's that special anyway. There are plenty of better/as good CB's around. I'd suggest you get Nordtveit back next season. He really becomes phenomenol.

rich_sotdc

Very rarely mate. It sometimes does go up but even if it does, it changes only very little sadly.

elephant man

You should already have a feeder club. You cannot sign a player needing a WP unless and until you already have a WP feeder club in place.

As for the trophies, in one of my previous saves I won every single trophy I played in for 4 seasons running!! icon_biggrin.gif The only reason I stopped winning was because I stopped playing that game!

Scott08

Dont sell RVP mate. You'll find it next to impossible to replace him. Sell Rosicky if you wish and get Lansbury into the first team instead. But I dont think Wilshere is ready just yet. Send him out on loan for 1 season and then draft him in I reckon.

Just had the same thoughts Hulk.. looking at RVP, the jump-down in stats from him to Wilshere would be massive. I'll take your advice and send him out for some first team football.

Frey has been amazing, thanks for the reccomendation there mate but i may sell him and use Hart/Fabianski. Fab's impressed on loan at Boro. Frey's too consistent in goal icon_biggrin.gif

Elsewhere, Benzema's intrested .. Finally! If i sign him im going to revert to 2 upfront.

Afternoon everyone icon_smile.gif Iv come to the end of season 4 so heres my update

First in the league, and the first time Iv reached the magic 100 points so I'm pleased with that icon_biggrin.gif

League

I took the cups a bit more serious than I normally do this season and it paid off with an FA cup win. I lost out to Villa 1-0 in the league cup 1/4 final so thats one for next year

FA Cup

I lost out to Villa 1-0 in the league cup 1/4 final so we wont dwell on that lol

and finally my third champions league final, this time against a barcelona side that put juventus out in the semi. I was quite confident but it just didnt happen for me on the night

Champions League

Heres my Team and Tactic

Thanks very much scott08, Im looking to trim the squad slightly. I'v already sold lucho gonzalez and maxi rodriguez, they were both fringe players and I want to free up the games they would have played for the youngsters coming through. Im looking to get rid of hleb and Adebayor aswell, hleb never plays awfully but theres not enough final product for my liking and Adebayor is at the age where strikers start to slide so Im gonna cash in and bring in more youth

What do you reckon?

Yeh i agree.. Hleb left first season with me. Although i can't ever see Adebayor leaving, he's incredbile for me. First season 78 goal and this season he's hit 60 with only playing 14 games before X-Mas!

Im taking the youth approach too, find it more rewarding winning with youngsters.

Just won the FA Cup, 2-1 vs Man United and finished the season on 102pts after a 2-0 win against Cardiff icon_smile.gif

Just the matter of beating Chelsea in the CL final now..

Adebayor is brilliant I admit, but I could have Dean Windass up front for me and hed finish top scorer the way my midfield create chances lol

Iv never played any other way than youth, I cant go out buying ronaldo, messi, kaka, etc I dont get the same satisfaction from winning games then.

Well done on the FA cup, although you spoiled my mood by beating cardiff as Im a real life fan lol

Good luck against chelsea, one striker never fails for me against them icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by letsflipthisplaceup:

Well done on the FA cup, although you spoiled my mood by beating cardiff as Im a real life fan lol

Good luck against chelsea, one striker never fails for me against them icon_wink.gif

Good result for them on Sunday icon_smile.gif .. Hope they go on and win it, i live in Wales so it'd be good to see a Welsh side lift the FA Cup!!

Back on topic

Im guessing you mean Ade icon_smile.gif.. in last seasons CL final he scored 5 against Chelsea, posted a S.S a couple of pages back..

He made an improvment on last year this time round...

http://img385.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ademx1.jpg

My vote goes to him as the best player on FM08 icon14.gif .. 42 games and 67 goals this term.

I'm sure they'll understand. I'm bordering on crying at moment... :'( I think if we add well in summer we'll be a real force next season. Diaby did well to be fair i thought, cant believe we didnt get the penalty last week. We have to sell Senderos. Just didnt have the squad depth at end of day to cover for Rosicky and Eduardo. Bring on FM 2009!!!

I'm sure they'll understand. I'm bordering on crying at moment... :'( I think if we add well in summer we'll be a real force next season. Diaby did well to be fair i thought, cant believe we didnt get the penalty last week. We have to sell Senderos. Just didnt have the squad depth at end of day to cover for Rosicky and Eduardo. Bring on FM 2009!!!

I wish I was as optimistic as you. It's been 4 years (in FM obviously icon_wink.gif) since Arsenal have had a trophy, why should it get better now after all these years.

theincrediblehulk

I had a look at your tactic, and im deffinately going to give it a go, with some tweaks probably to how I like my players to work. I do notice that your team instuctions have the team play wide, have you found this working well while a lot of the players have short passing for their player instructions?

nice...tactic... tho i prefer a vanilla 4-4-1-1

...RVP behind ade.... and he scores 40++ goals in a season.... diaby's longshots are insanely good now.. 19 now.. just tweak his training schedule... i love to play couter ... with slow pace.. and tight marking... i change my other instructions according to my opponents... hard tackles for the other europeans... muahahahaha

Scott08

Lol. Yeah, RVP goes mental like that plenty of times. Maybe you should think of offloading him more often and he'll keep producing more magic like that?! icon_biggrin.gif

As for Jimenez, yeah sell him. He's a quality player but he's a bit of a handful at times. Sell him off. He was doing the same in my Lyon game. But gradually he came around and then put in some class performances for me. It was important because Nasri was out with a broken leg for 6 months and Toulalan was out for a month or two at a crucial time as well. I needed him to step-up and he did. But yeah, sell him because he causes too much un-rest in the dressing room.

Mark.

Let me know how you get on mate. As for the wide setting, when I first had it, I noticed that my full backs werent getting forward well enough for some reason. And since I've got my wide men cutting inside, I increased the width a little and noticed my full backs doing better like that.

I was playing as arsenal and it came to my first game of the season in 07. Adebayor was out injured so I was going to play Van Persie and Eduardo. The only problem was Eduardo said that he didnt think we could defeat chelsea. So I decided to play Bendtner and he scored a double. After deciding to keep this strike force they have scored 27 goals in 18 games and how do I drop them for Adebayor.

Archived