FM2008 - Arsenal FC. mo money, no problems edition.

hughsieb

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Super_sub

Definitely dont agree with many of the sales you've made there mate. I wont go into the the ones like Sagna, Toure, Fabregas & RVP, but this caught my eye:

- Armand Traore (2M?? icon_eek.gif )

That was probably your worst deal seeing as he becomes better than Clichy.

But, you did get some great deals as well. Most notably getting 28.5M for Zaccardo and getting Zapata for free.

Anyway, I suggest you change your tactic a little. You really should be winning the league easily with Arsenal mate. Go to the tactics forum and download Kimz's tactic. It'll work great for you. My starting lineup would be:

GK - Ochoa

LB - Clichy

RB - Alves

CB - Zapata

CB - Richards

DM - Zapater

DM - Johnson

AMC- Cole

AMC- Fernandez

AMC- Vela

ST - Adebayor

You have a good solid lineup there. It should easily get you all trophies tbh. But start with the Premier League. It should be easy winning it. Good luck mate.

arsenal_2111

Congrats on keeping you job mate. Told you they wont fire you!

Pindinho(:

Aguero is great but I wont recommend paying more than 30-35M for him. There are plenty of great AMC's out there so you can easily buy someone just as good. Some possible ones for you to look at:

- Luiz Jiminez

- Samir Nasri

- Hatem Ben Arfa

- Silva

- Kim Kallstrom

- Alessandro Rosina

And Carlos Vela, Jack Wilshere and Henri Lansbury all become very good as well.

Scott08

Welcome to Arsenal mate. Decided to leave Lyon for a bit then??

Get a better GK for starters. Hart & Fabianski arent good enough at the start. Lloris, Neuer or Frey are your best bets.

A CB wont do your chances any harm. Get someone like Burdisso who can easily slot in should you need him. Djourou & Nordtveit arent good enough at the start.

Jeremy Menez would be a great addition for you. You know all about him I reckon.

The rest is all fine I reckon.

cameron Fordyce

What season are you in mate? Season 3? If so, Vela and Lansbury should be around as well. They can provide you cover in midfield if needed. And Nordtveit can play DM easily if needed. I reckon you're fine there. Plus Guilherme will do a job. No point buying any other players because they'll also probably want games like Diaby and Banega. Plus, you might unsettle one of the guys you already have because of too much competition.

Prodigy101

The recommendations above are all good. Besides them, have a look at:

- Gianni Zuiverloon

- Nedum Onuoha

- Valon Behrami

- Loic Abenzoar (if developed)

- Marvin Angulo

They are all young and can become very good.

Hulk

Cheers for the advice mate. I thought id play Arsenal alongside my Lyon game, to stop me getting bored of it icon_smile.gif

I went for Hart in goal to get an Englishman on the team-sheet, i've used Lloris on all my saves on 8.02 i think so fancied a change. He maybe isn't good enough at the start but hopefully with games i'll see a big improvment.

As for my CBs.. i agree but again i want Djourou and Nordtveit to get experience and i'd like to avoid the big names so im going to risk it, hopefully Toure and Micah won't get any injuries!

Menez is thinking over a contract as i type. Should hopefully join soon.

Im guessing Diaby doesn't have much of a future ahead of him at the club, what sort of money can you get for him in January?

Menez rejected my offer.. we had a disagreement on a suitable wage. I think i may use H.Lansbury if required. He's the type of player i want to play a big part in the future.

Not being an Arsenal fan myself, i'd like to see a lot more English players in my Squad. Also, is Eboue worth keeping for the long term?

My first impressions of Adebayor are icon_eek.gif.. he just got 2 consecutive hat-tricks and has bagged 9goals in 5games icon14.gif

Scott08

Here are a few Englishmen that you could get for the future:

- Joe Mattock

- James Vaughan

- Preston Edwards (cheap as chips, must get at start because he becomes a good GK)

- Mark Noble

- Daniel Sturridge

You could buy Steven Taylor as well if you wish. He's a good CB and is English. Since you couldnt get Menez, see if you can land Ashley Young. He's a good left winger and is English again.

As for Adebayor, trust me - as you go more into the game, you'll forget who Benzema is! icon_cool.gif

arsenal_2111

Just let them go for whatever price mate. I'm a bit like Arsene in that way. If someone has been me a lot of faithful service, I let them move if I cant promise them regular football. If its only a question of 2-3M, I usually just accept any bids that are made for my old players.

Hehe, Ade's got a lot to do to make me forget Benzema. His record is second to none in my FM career.

Mattock's on my to buy list, as is Steven Taylor. Iv missed out on P.Edwards. Main priority is M.Johnson from Man City to compete with Cesc, Flamini and Denilson at CM.

gallas 10

The best way to play the two of them is in the AMR/AML positions with an arrow coming inside to the AMC position. Also, give them both free roles as they thrive on it.

And no, Arsenal play a high defensive line. Thats why we have to have the paciest defenders we can find. I wouldnt advise you to do that in the game though as you'll almost always get caught out. Just play normal and you'll be fine.

gallas 10

For the wingers, do as wot Mr.Icredible said and you'll be fine.

Arsenal have their full backs overlapping their wingers.

Try giving the full backs farrows, the furthest you can.

As for individual instructions for your full backs:

Mentality - a few notches under defensive

Closing Down - Own area

This way, when you are in posession, the full backs will go forward into an winger position.

And when you don't have the ball, the full backs will go back to their flat back 4 shape.

I play a high defensive line with this.

Thou I won't recommend for you to do that as your defenders needs to know each other well.

Meaning played several times together.

nice tip on the transformation back into the flat back four with closing down in the area only, something i've noticed from peoples formation with their arsenal teams is that they play the wingers in amc positions which i think is quite unlike arsenal as they're usually somewhere outside the box when attacks are constructed, but that's led to the problem of being unable to have hleb and rosicky cut inside and play narrow often and restricting their runs into the opposition box

Originally posted by gallas 10:

nice tip on the transformation back into the flat back four with closing down in the area only, something i've noticed from peoples formation with their arsenal teams is that they play the wingers in amc positions which i think is quite unlike arsenal as they're usually somewhere outside the box when attacks are constructed, but that's led to the problem of being unable to have hleb and rosicky cut inside and play narrow often and restricting their runs into the opposition box

The one where you were referring bout wingers in AMC positions are from Kimz tactics, I reckon.

I haven't tried it before but I heard it wins you games.

I think my own tactic looks like those of Arsenal's, when they are playing 4-4-1-1.

I like to see the highlights when my team is in possession.

Then again, who doesn't.

Hah.

Everybody is in an advance position except for the GK and 2 CBs.

see..i like playing a very restrained, controlled 4-4-2 like where the possession is slow and short and chances are created by probing and patiently creating an opening, but i want to be able to get rosicky and hleb to move inside without being too far advanced

Wot happened to my defence???

I am not known for conceding lots of goals...

Not even half way thru the season and my defence has conceded 9 goals in the League.

5-4 against Newcastle, at HOME!

The past 2 seasons, I only conceded 15 and 10 goals thoughout the whole seasons.

Do you think the AI has understood my tactics and knows how to counter it?

If that's the case, I have to reassemble my team again.

Originally posted by Achieve:

bendtner 40 goals a season?

which season?

It was season 3, 40 in all competitions, which isn;t bad, think he started about 15-20 games and came on in about 25-30 for the last half hour once the games were wrapped up.

Just started my 1st game with Arsenal on FM08, which I'm quite surprised as they are a team which I love to watch irl.

I've been constructing a 4-2-3-1 style tactic with the wide players coming into support the lone striker. The central attacking midfielder is playing to drop deeper collect the ball and redistributed a role which Fabregas has thrived on so far.

Gallas has been the 1st major casualty going out for £20million over 24months glad to get rid due to his potential distruptive nature and has been replaced by Breno on loan, Barzagli and Samba. Also Senderos has gone out on loan hoping he impresses and then I'll be able to sell on.

Brought in Bojan on loan and has been onfire pre season with Bendtner also looking impressive.

I've also brought in the usual youngsters e. Saivet etc...

The Gk problem has also been solved with Almunia off to Man City for £10mill being replaced by Lloris. Guilherme and Marveaux also shipped in for the future.

One problem is the DM role are Flamini and Gilberto good enough, if not who should I look to bring in?

First season on 8.02. I finished 4th in the league, lost in the CL quaters to Barca, Lost in the FA cup to Man u however did beat United 3-1 in the league cup final for my only bit of silver wear. Adebayor mutu Aguero and cesc all coming in top threes of awards for their seasons performances.

My usual starting 11 consists of.

GK - Neuer

CB - Feilpe

CB - Toure

CB - Gallas ©

LM - RVP

CM - Cesc

CM - Hleb / Bangna

RMC- Walcott

AMC- aguero

ST- Mutu

ST - Adebayor

Only sold Giberto and chairman made me sell bentner for only 8M to roma icon_mad.gif

I have Saivet scoring loads in the 18's. and loaned out Denilson to porto where e performed well.

Any advise on who to buy for the start of my 2nd compaign? Or what youngsters to give a chance within??

Change of tactics or anything that would help me to win the title.

One problem is the DM role are Flamini and Gilberto good enough, if not who should I look to bring in?

Flamini is pretty solid, Gilberto is getting on though, you have Denilson who is quality or you could try for Veloso who is pretty immense.

emmett8324

Hello mate.

Some players you can get rid of:

- Alexandre Song

- Emmanuel Eboue

- Justin Hoyte

- Manuel Almunia

- Jens Lehmann

- William Gallas **

- Gilberto Silva

- Phillipe Senderos

** Selling Gallas might cause some of the squad members to be upset. Make sure you get a world-class replacement for him if you want to keep them all happy.)

Ofcourse, you dont HAVE to get rid of all of them because they all will do a job. But they are expendable. For eg, Eboue is a good RB. But I reckon you can do better. And also, most Arsenal fans dont like him!! Gallas is a quality CB, but he's ageing so you can get rid of him and get somebody better and younger for about the same money. Silva is still a good DM and Lehmann a good GK but they both dont have age on their side. Almunia is good GK as well but not great. It really depends on how you like to play. If you like to revamp the squad to add your own personal touch, then you can sell the above and buy better players in the same positions.

So assuming you're selling the above players, you can buy:

GK - Frey (world-class, 19M), Lloris (good now, great after a year or two - 10M), Neuer (decent now, great after a year or two - 6M)

CB - Barzagli (great replacement for Gallas. Better than him), Bellaid (becomes great. Decent to start with as well), Sakho (great for the future), Burdisso (awesome), Felipe (excellent CB), Samba (decent and cheap. Wont get him as Gallas's replacement though. For Senderos yes.), Micah Richards (very good and can play RB too)

RB - Clerc (excellent RB from Lyon), De Silvestri (becomes great), Lahm (very good and can play LB too), Micah Richards (very good and can play CB too)

You have plenty of cover for all other positions really. You could look to get in someone like Hatem Ben Arfa or Jeremy Menez who can play on both wings. They'll both provide good cover for Rosicky & Hleb and Ben Arfa becomes better than both of them.

Also look to get a few more youngsters into the team. Some of favs:

- Henri Saivet

- Mamadou Sakho

- Lubos Kalouda

- Abdou Razack Traore

- Rafael Carioca

- Tales

- Younousse Sankhare

As far as players in the youth/reserves at Arsenal who you could look to give more playing time to:

- Havard Nordveit (train him right and hang on to him. He'll become awesome after a few seasons. You could also look to send him out on loan next season. Get him tutored by Toure or Barzagli if you get him)

- Henri Lansbury (becomes great too. One of the few exciting English prospects on the game. Might not be ready in season 2 but try to send him out on loan and he will be ready by season 3 for sure)

- Carlos Vela (becomes one of the best strikers on the game. Dont make the mistake of playing him on the left wing. If you cant give him games in season 2, send him out on loan again to get first team football. By season 3, he'll be one of the best you have)

- Jack Wilshere (he's like Lansbury but takes a little more time than him)

- Fran Merida (again, like Lansbury but will need more time)

- Denilson (already in first-team squad. Make sure you play him as he becomes brilliant)

Hope that gives you something to go on!

asromatom

Flamini IS good enough for the DM position. Gilberto is too but he's getting on so would recommend you sell him. You can get Veloso in instead. Great DM. Also, you have Denilson who can become a very good DM if you train him right.

saintstom

Not really sure that going with 3 at the back is the best way with Arsenal mate. The full backs you have at your disposal are some of the best you'll get (Sagna & Clichy). You should be utilising them. They can both get forward very well. Also, swap Mutu and RVP around. Mutu is better on the wing and RVP is better upfront.

Shame about Bendtner. Thats a ludicrous price for him. He becomes brilliant. But you'll have Vela back this season. Make sure you give him games.

As for purchases, by someone better on the right wing. Belluschi, Ben Arfa, Qualiarella, Rosina are some options. Walcott is not good enough. You can keep him on rotation though. Is great coming off the bench. Also, dont play Hleb CM. He's poor there. Buy Veloso and stick him in there. He'll give your midfield some defensive cover and you'll be gaining on the offensive end as well.

at the end of my first season in the anglo-french experiment i have won the league by a clear 12 points with 93 points and 84 goals. Quarters of the league cup and semis of the fa cup showed the inexperience as i was beaten by chelsea and man u.

the remaining non french/english players are Fabianski, Toure, Fabregas and Adebayor, I will try and replace as many of these as possible this summer.

Ive just started an Arsenal game and have had a good pre-season and first match.

Im playing 4-5-1 kind of setup

o o o o

o o

o o o

o

My starting 11 is lehman, sagna, Toure, Gallas, Clichy, Flamini, Denilson, Hleb, Fabregas, Rosicky, Adebayor. Fabregas is my playmaker.

I didnt feel squad needed a lot of new players so i bought some potential superstars Saivet 500k, Lago 1.8m, Lulinha 2.7m, Eduardo 2m, Sankhare 950k.

Pre season i won the friendly cup by beating River 5-1, and then Palermo 3-0. Also beat Barnsley 5-0, Barnet 4-0, and Chievo 2-0.

My first league game i beat Spurs 2-0 at home with Hleb and Adebayor scoring the goals.

Ive had an avearage start to the season, wom 3 drawn 2 and lost 1.

Tottenham H 2-0

Portsmouth H - 3-0

Reading A - 1-1

Man u H - 1-1

Middlesborough A - 3-0

Bolton A - 0-1

Also beat AEK 4-0 away and 5-0 at home in champ league.

So far its my away form letting me down. Im 3rd behind Chealsea and liverpool who have both played 6 won 6.

Adebayors amazing currently got 8 in 8 for me along with 4 assists!

Originally posted by lil82:

my midfield is messi ronaldo gerrard and fabregas nuff said. im finding it to easy with arsenal so my fourth will be my last season.... whatever you do keep kolo toure ... im off to blackburn

Can you put a screenshot of your team and transfers please?

Just in case, here is the screenshot guide

1. While in FM, press the 'Prt Sc' button (usually next to F12 on your keyboard).

2. Open an image editing program such as Paint and paste the image

3. Save the file as a JPEG

4. Upload the image to an image hosting website such as Photobucket or Imageshack

5. Post the direct Url to the image here.

Recently started as Arsenal on 8.02. (don't really know why, just had an urge to) Wanted to buy mainly wonderkids or world-class/good players rather than utility, back-up players because I don't tend to on other saves.

Transfers

Squad

Got any suggestions for tactics or players to drop quickly and sell. Who are the players that will command a big asking price and can be replaced relatively easily?

Originally posted by Scott08:

Though id have a crack at an Arsenal save.

Iv made a few changes

GK J.Hart/Fabianski

DR Sagna/Eboue

DL Clichy/Traore

CB M.Richards/Djourou

CB Toure/Nordtveit

MC Flamini/Denilson

MC Fabregas/Diaby

AMR Rosicky/Walcott

AMC Ben Arfa/Eduardo

AML Van Persie

ST Adebayor/Bendtner

Also signed loads of youth players. Just reached the start of August so am still looking at some more targets.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Hey Scott,how does yor 4231 looks like?the shape i mean(1 barrowed MC?...)

I play a flat back four, with two CMs sitting infront. One out and out defensive (Flamini), the other a normal mentality with more C.F and mixed passing (Cesc).

Then one AMC with a free-role. He sometimes has a Farrow to ST position, depending on my opposition.

And my AMR and AML have farrows to the ST positions, with cross ball rarely so they cut inside.

AMC gets most assists and my ST can't stop scoring. AMR/AML gets a good mix of both.

Tactic worked a treat with Lyon in France, and seems to be doing great so far with Arsenal.

Started a game with Arsenal a few days ago.

Jus completed the 1st season ... Won the League Cup, Premier League Champs, Semi Final FA Cup & Quater Final Champions League!

Done amazing without changing the team that much ..

played my own tactics &

Diego was my only major signing!

What a Siging he was .. diegoarsenalww2.th.png

Premier League Champions ..champsuo3.th.png

deigoqo6.th.png

Team & Tactics .. teamtactictsxk7.th.png teamsd1.th.png

Any Suggestions on who I can sign or sell to make the squad better? Need a keeper definetely, also can't chose between the 3 strikers as 3 of them score frequently, any views?

Just finished my 3rd season using Kimz V1. Finished 2nd in EPL, semi final both FA CUp and Uefa Champions League, and lost 1st round to Man U in Carling Cup. No trophies but amazing season. Although Adebayor missed most of the season due to injury (4 months) as well as Rosicky and Quaresma (why did I bother to buy him... he is injury prone player)

Uploaded some pics after finishing 3rd season with Arsenal.

2000789775801031389_rs.jpg

2000775541571015448_rs.jpg

2000709651162486107_rs.jpg

2000762528043090272_rs.jpg

2000704190538301728_rs.jpg

2000709054081357912_rs.jpg

My Squad

EPL Table

Tactics (Kimz V1)

The Good ( 6 -3 win against Chelsea, league match)

The Bad (2-2 against Spurs, league match.. needed to win as Man U lost their final two matches)

The Worst ( lost away goals to Barca as Etoo scored on 87th minute at the Emarites to level the agg.)

Anyways,

any suggestions on how to improve this squad? I just bought Bodmar for 23 Million pound so I am in need of Left Back as clichy can not play all games. I considered Wayne Bridge but Chelsea won't let him go even for 12 Million pound for him. Shhhhhh... I thought of having english players. Anyways suggestions on LB? please and anything you might wanna add to my team or critize?

about to start my fourth season..

By the way, Jose Baxter (start of the game at Everton) is becoming good.. at the age of 18 he already has 17 for both finishing and composure... Coach says he is like RVP... cant wait. might wanna try if you want to develop english players.

Originally posted by theincrediblehulk:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Im going to have to sell Adebayor if i want a long term Arsenal save i think

17 Games played for me now, Iv reached the 7th of November.

His stats are 30 Goals, 5 Assists, 10 MoM and an Average Rating of 8.59!!!

Lol. Are we getting to the "Benzema, who?" stage yet??? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hehe. Not yet mate.. He's got a lot to do as i've said above!

Here's what I mean Benzema's History

However, I was thinking about buying him (Benzema) and playing them both together! I've began the praising of him so with time im trying to work my way on to his favoured personel. I've already snapped up his pal Ben Arfa! icon14.gif

The Chosen One

You have a good squad mate but imo you should play with at least one defensive type midfield player in your startiong line up as you only play with Rosicky and VDV wich means there is no defesiv cover their at all. This is the only reason i can think that you arent winning anything mate. Try and fit Flamini or Veloso or even both into your tactic

Start of my second season at Arsenal (2011-12) and the teransformation to an all Anglo-French team is nearly complete. This summer:

IN:

Remy Riou - Blackburn - £33m

Lassana Diarra - Bordeaux - £36m

Mamadou Sakho - PSG - £36m

Garry Bocaly - Everton - £7.5m

Jose Baxter - Everton - P/Ex

OUT:

Emmanuel Eboue - Everton £2.5m

Lukasz Fabianski - Napoli - £8m

Havard Nordveit - Man City - £4.1m

Johan Djourou - Borough - £1.5m

Cesc Fabregas - Barcelona - £60m

JANUARY - Toure -Real Madrid - £10m

Only remaining foreigners are Adebayor and Vito Mannone. Struggling to get a suitable replacement for Adebayor, Rooney not interested and Benzema is costing over £100m!

Current Team:

GK: Fabianski/Mannone

DR: Sagna/Bocaly

DL: Baines/Traore

DCs: Richards/Sakho/Taylor/Rodwell

DM: Diarra/Gosling

ML: Ben Arfa/Rose

MR: Walcott/Barnes

MC: Sankhere

AMC: Nasri

ST: Vaughan/Adebayor

I now also have half the youth teams for England and France. Highlights including: Wilshere, Lansbury, Remy, Baxter, Murhpy, Gibbs

Will be interesting to see how the season goes without Fabregas. I was going to replace him with Toulalan but he wouldn't come icon_frown.gif So I have moved Sankhere intot he more attacking central role and he is a revelation so far.

im struggling to find anywhere to change my team now i have 52 mil to spend but i dont think i need to spend it anywhere im in my third season on a network game and i won the prem by 8 points last season my team is

ustari

lloris

richards

barzagli

albiol

gallas

djourou

alves

clichy

traore

hoyte

barnetta

belluschi

matias fernandez

eduardo

fabregas

zapater

denilson

roberto young brazilian defensive mid with brilliant stats

lucho gonzalez

barazite

aguero

higuain

vela

briand

adebeyor

and i have a team full of youths who are class incuding players like ninis tuia nordeveit etc

i really cant find anywhere to improve except maybe right wing but man utd wont sell me ronaldo and belluschi has been class

Stephen.RFC

Put up some bigger screeshots dude. Cant tell a thing from those!

The Chosen One

Good squad there. Here are a few suggestions:

- Sell Gallas and buy someone younger. If Nordtveit has developed, play him. He does become awesome. Also, you just bought Bodmer who can play CB (and very well too). As can Veloso. So you should be fine with Richards, Toure & Nordveit. If not, buy another one. If you want English, get Steven Taylor or Joleon Lescott.

- Lescott would be a good buy as he can play LB for you as well. What happened to Traore though? He becomes amazing dude. Better than Clichy even. If he's still there, just put him in at LB and you'll be fine.

- Sell Eboue and buy someone like Rafinha or Behrami. These 2 can give you cover on the right wing as well.

- Almeida is too slow. Sell him off. You should have Carlos Vela. Use him. Since you play only 1 upfront, you should be fine with RVP & Adebayor. Plus you'll have Aguero and Vela who can play there as well.

- Give Walcott more sub appearances. He's very handy coming on in say the 60th or 70th minute as with his pace and the opposition defenders tiring, he can go past them and get you a goal.

- Sell Quaresma. He doesnt fit into your tactic at all. I've never liked him personally anyway.

The above should get you a very good and competitive squad. You'll have lots of options and players who can easily cover for each other.

Scott08

Wow! Thats some history with Benzema. Although if you play with Arsenal long enough, Adebayor will probably exceed it! icon_biggrin.gif

Dannytoffee

- If you cant get Toulalan, get Bodmer. Excellent play he is too. Just as good as Toulalan imo.

- Get rid of Baines, he's rubbish. If you want an English LB, get Joe Mattock. He becomes very good.

- Sell Mannone off dude. Whatever price you get for him is fine as he's pretty poor. Get Preston Edwards if you want an English goalie for the future. Else, Robert Green, Ben Foster, Scott Carson (!!) are options. Ben Foster becomes good. If you can sign him, do so. And why so much for Riou when you can get Lloris who's better and cheaper??

- Get Jeremy Menez. French and he'll help your squad in a number of positions.

- ST, I really wouldnt recommend selling Adebayor until you can get Rooney or Benzema like you said.

Lord knows I'm baffled by some of your purchases. You could have easily found as good and cheaper options. But hey, your game and as long as you're having fun cant really say anything! Thats the whole point of it anyway! icon14.gif

Archived