FM2008 - Arsenal FC. mo money, no problems edition.

hughsieb

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK then ive cancelled. I think i am going to push the boat out and get Rooney, for my England team i play him at AML, and he scored 6 goals in one game! I will go up to £50mil for him. After him i will go for Pato, then Aguero, then Rossi, then Bojan. I should be able to get at least one of them if im paying so much!

I wanted Briand(he has 35goals in 40), but Middlesbrough wanted £29mil + Lansbury + Wilshere. Guess what i told them!

What about Cavani & Balotelli? Both become class.

Also, wheres Saivet and hows he developed? Might be worth a shot? Aaron as well maybe?

Oh and from the order you've mentioned, I'd go for Bojan before anyone else.

And lastly, I'm sure you will be able to unsettle Briand if you tried. If they want that much for him, you should be able to get them down to 25M tops. Declare interest, bid on him do whatever you can. Something should work.

Hey im coming up to the january window and basicly im getting bids for everyone... i've not made any major buys and my team is the same as it was at the beggining.

Is there anyone i can afford to get rid of because money would be nice. And if you say for example i can get rid of toure could you please recommend a replacement

P.s. Bojan is one of the clubs favourite personal and i've got a 7m zapter on the way ^^

Almunia can be sold on the new patch for ~8M. Abou Diaby can be sold for 12M+. Gilberto can be sold around 4M and Rosicky can be sold at the end of the first season for 20M+. Hope this helps. But if you haven't bought anyone yet, why do you need more money?

How did you manage to get Bojan?? Loan??

Anyway, you dont need a lot of youngsters. Arsenal have a truck-load of them and most become quality.

But some of the players who are very much expendable are: Song, Diaby, Senderos, Almunia, Lehmann, Eduardo & Hleb. All can be easily replaced with better players.

Some replacement:

Lehmann & Almunia - Frey and Lloris

Diaby - Bodmer, Martinez or Zapater (you already got him)

Eduardo - Fred, Briand or Aguero

Hleb - Fernandez, VDV or Belluschi

Originally posted by arsenal_2111:

I really need a back up ST, even though my current ST Vela is banging them in. Want to pay up to £30mil. Will pay more, but not ideally.

If you're in 2013 already look for regens. Some of them should have matured enough by now. The names that start the game would already be too old for Arsenal. Maybe Nicolas Millan? Take a look at Saivet and Fleck too.

In my current game (four seasons in) I was just offered the Arsenal job. I was at Bayern and had just won the Bundesligue.

Arsenal offered me £160,000 a week and a £150m transfer budget. Has anyone else seen anything as ludicrous as this?

Oh I turned it down by the way, lol!

The emphasis is clearly on attack as you probably can tell. Your right. My biggest worry was the exploitation of the fullback areas. I have my wingers on high closing down to smother the opposing wingers. However, it is Arsenal and I reckon I would have the most possession the majority of games. However, I dont think I could maintain this formation all the time for every single game.

Hmm gonna be low on strikers, weeding out the cry-babies in the team

So out with:

-Adebayor

-Van persie

-Diaby

-Song

-Sanga

-Eduardo (his the one im most likley to keep)

So i'll be down to bentdner up front and im playing lone-striker so should be ok... Hleb is my god sent for the first season, Assist after assist.

Anyway im in feb and i shall post a screenshot of stats nd transfers after the end of the season any recommomendations are welcome.

Bye =]

Dani Alves is the best. If Ade has that much, you must be playing him wrong seeing as most of the posters have him as their highest scorer. What tactics are you using with him? If you really have to sell van Persie get at least 40M for him.

Guilherme > Pato and Briand EASILY.

On par or better than Bojan/Rossi and even Aguero.

first team for my Real Madrid at the start of the 4th seasons. he can step into any teams in the world with no problem.

i can post his SS if u guys wanna see.

first team for my Real Madrid at the start of the 4th seasons. he can step into any teams in the world with no problem.

Since I don't really agree with that, I'd love a screenshot, so i can see how he is growing your game.

Hmm gonna be low on strikers, weeding out the cry-babies in the team

So out with:

-Adebayor

-Van persie

-Diaby

-Song

-Sanga

-Eduardo (his the one im most likley to keep)

So i'll be down to bentdner up front and im playing lone-striker so should be ok... Hleb is my god sent for the first season, Assist after assist.

You sell Adebayor, you've sold the best striker on the game (patch 8.0.2 anyway). You sell RVP, you've sold one of the best creative forwards in the game. And you sell Sagna, you've sold the best right back in the game bar Daniel Alves. And even Alves is not better in defence. He only wins out because he's awesome going forward as well.

If you cant get Adebayor & RVP to score, you might think about changing your tactics dude. They are both bloody phenomenol.

I'd love to see a screenshot. I've not played on 8.0.2 long enough to see guys like Bojan fulfil their potential. But on the last patch, I had Bojan for 5 seasons or so. And he was pretty much of 19/20 for every important stat! Guilherme is good but Bojan, Aguero, Pato, Vela are some huge boots to fill!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Playing Valencia in the 2nd leg of the last 16 in Cl, leading from the 1st leg in Spain 2-1. 2nd leg at Emirates. At half time it was 3-2 to me (5-3 on agg), but then Villa made it 3-3 (5-4 agg). Kaka scored an amazing 70 yards lob to make it 403 to me (6-4 agg) and with 10 minutes left,i thought i was going through. But no. Zigic scored with 7 minutes left, then Sakho gve them a penaltyin the 89th minute. Rosina scored, and made t 5-4 on the night, 6-6 on agg, and Valencia going through on away goals icon_frown.gif

Gutted.

Yer, much better thanks! I am 8 points clear of Chelsea, with almost double goal difference.

Won the Carling Cup, and beat Man Utd in the FA Cup last 16. Got Chelsea in the 1/4's, always seem to get hard draws.

Shame about the CL though, because i really thought i had a chance of the quad!

I always seem to get a long range goal in the CL last 16, last season Elano v Inter, this season Kaka v Valencia!

Oh crap, got cut off! But I can't be bothered to do them again so here I'll write the important ones:

07/08

Almunia - 8.25M

Cristian Madaina - Loan

Alex Song - Loan

K Gilbert - Loan

08/09

Gilberto Silva - 3.4M

T Rosicky - 20M

Eduardo da Silva - 19.5M

Justin Hoyte - 2.9M

Cristian Madaina - Loan

Originally posted by theincrediblehulk:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Guilherme > Pato and Briand EASILY.

I'd love to see a screenshot. I've not played on 8.0.2 long enough to see guys like Bojan fulfil their potential. But on the last patch, I had Bojan for 5 seasons or so. And he was pretty much of 19/20 for every important stat! Guilherme is good but Bojan, Aguero, Pato, Vela are some huge boots to fill! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

here you go guys..

Guilherme vs Bojan

Guilherme vs Bojan 2

What a result!

And i took Adebayor off at Half time

Ermmm... icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

here you go guys..

Guilherme vs Bojan

Guilherme vs Bojan 2

Have to admit, he looks a beast on yours. But Bojan doesnt look anywhere close to what he got to in my game. And also, which of the two have you controlled? If you've trained Guilherme yourself and not Bojan, its not a fair comparison. Because kids never seem to grow as well if they're with the AI controlled teams. If you've not controlled either, then Guilherme looks spectacular. Although he's not as good on my game unfortunately.

But what we have established Hulk is Liverpool are nothing compared to the might Arsenal!

I'd rather not answer that until after the 3 ties we have coming up with them!! icon_razz.gif

Especially not the way we've been playing lately and the way they've playing lately!! Injure Torres for the 3 games and I'll agree with the statement right away! Else, I wait! icon_biggrin.gif

Yeah i know Torres is playing like a madman right now! But imo the Middlesborough game just wasnt good enough. And now that Eduardo is out for a good while i think our title hopes are really going to depend on whether Van Persie and Adebayor can satrt hitting the net! Because whatever we do we cannot hand the inititive over to United and hope they mess it up.

We already HAVE handed over the initiative to Man Utd mate. Drawing 4 games in a row, 3 of which should have been a stroll in the park (Villa has been hard for everyone this season so I can forgive them for not winning that I suppose), you're obviously not doing yourselves any favours.

Man Utd are now ahead on goal difference and they've got a game in hand. Add to that the fact that we have to play them at Old Trafford later AND the fact that we have to play Chelsea at the Bridge next week (where Chelsea havent lost a SINGLE match in nearly 2 years!), things look very grim. We have to somehow beat Man Utd on their ground and hope that Liverpool get something out of the Man Utd game next week as well. Sadly, Torres has only scored 2 goals away from home in the league all season and Man Utd are just in crazy form right now. Boy am I glad we avoided them in the CL!!

GET IN THERE!

Just secured the title in my 6th season with an amazing 7-3 win over Charlton. World class players like Adebayor(2), Navas, and Kaka scored, but i was most pleased with goals from Lulinha, Wilshere, and Sakho, who were three players i have had since their late teens.

As it happens, i would have won the legue anyway because Chelsea, who will still be 10 points behind me even if they win their game in hand, lost 1-0 to Sunderland. Two trophies will do, but i feel it could be more. Will play my younger players for my remaining two games, not too worried about them TBH!

For the first time since i started the game, none of my players have reached 40 goals. Adebayor with 34 and Vela with 29 are the closest, but i know that Adebayor probably would have reached 50 or 60 if he hadnt been out for 4 months!

Looking forward to next season now, and i am glad to have won this to get the board of my back.

Archived