FM2008 - Arsenal FC. mo money, no problems edition.

hughsieb

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No problem mate

I've got a quick question, i've got a week left in the summer stransfer window at the start of season 3. I can get Robinho for £42.5m as he is unsettled and wants to leave Madrid. If i was to buy him i was going to play him as an AML but i've also got Van Persie and Rosicky who can play there. I'm also really interested in Babel for my AML position but Liverpool are rejecting bids left right and centre. So do you think i should go for Robinho or should i wait and try and get Babel in January or should i just keep Persie and Rosicky? Or should i go for someone else.

Just realised that wasnt much of a quick question

Originally posted by Arsenal71:

Ive just completed the first season and finished 1st in the prem, with chelsea 2nd and MU 3rd, fairly tight but won by 7 pts in the end.

Thats with no purchases in Jan and with the no transfer opt ticked at start.

Just come to January in my first season on 8.0.2.

I'm joint top with Man Utd and my team is...

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> Kameni

Sagna Toure Gallas Clichy

Rafinha Cesc VD Vaart Van Persie

Eduardo Adebayor

</pre>

Rafinha has got an arrow to the corner flag, same with Van Persie.

Fabregas has an arrow going backward to DMC and VDV has one forward to AMC.

I'm trying to bring in Maxwell for on the left, but they wouldn't accept 40mil even though he's worth 7.75mil. I then offered all my budget (70mil), Fabregas, 50% of the next transfer and a buyback clause of the lowest possible (Can't remember what).

I obviously wasn't going to pay it but I just wanted to see what they said.

Guess what - they said no.

Anyway, how good do you guys think Nordveit becomes?

I've just had an offer of 4mil + 50% but I said no as I think he has potential - should I have sold him?

My squad is like this...

GK - Kameni, Lehmann, Fabianski - Sold Almunia for 8mil

RB - Sagna, Rafinha, Gallas

LB - Clichy, Traore, Sakho

CB - Toure, Gallas, Nordviet, Senderos - The board sold Djourou for 15mil + 50% + BBC of 17mil.

RM - Rafinha, Hleb, Sagna

LM - VanPersie, Rosicky, Clichy - Looking to bring in Maxwell and if I can't get him will bring in Mata or Marcelo.

CM (Defensive) - Fabregas, Gilberto Silva - Sold Denilson, Flamini and Diaby all for 8mil + 50% + BBC of 10mil.

CM (Attacking) - VanDer Vaart, Rosicky, Hleb, Fabregas

ST - Adebayor, Eduardo, Bendtner, Van Persie

But Van Persie, Bendtner, Clichy and Gallas are all curently out for over a month so I'm rotating the cover.

Kameni came second in European keeper of the year.

Eduardo came third in striker of the year.

And Fabregas came third and Van der Vaart came second in the midfielders.

Where else do you think I can improve?

PP icon14.gif

PoopyPants:

Nordtveit - That's how good he was for me at the end of season 5. Keep him.

You don't really need to make many changes to your team.

However, unless you want to keep old experienced players in your team, I would:

- Sell Gallas, bring in someone younger (possibly Richards).

- Sell Gilberto, bring in Veloso/Makoun or someone you want

- Also sell Senderos, he doesn't cut it.

Other than that, you have a great squad.

started on 8.0.2 but got bored so went back to old save icon_wink.gif

gk:ustari, fabinankski

dr:sagna,gilbert

Dl:clichy,traore

Dc: richards, toure, garay, djourou and galas

Mr: hleb, Walcott

Ml: rosisky,dos santos

Mc(d): mascherano, banega

Mc(a): fabregas, denilson

St: adebeyor, van persie, huntelaar, bendtnter and vela

Adebeyor has been fantastic for me (season 3)

Bojan is now available but I don’t want 6 strikers so who should I get rid of I was thinking rvp

I need a new dr because gilbert is not good enough

Thanks in advance

Originally posted by teeyougee:

PoopyPants:

Nordtveit - That's how good he was for me at the end of season 5. Keep him.

You don't really need to make many changes to your team.

However, unless you want to keep old experienced players in your team, I would:

- Sell Gallas, bring in someone younger (possibly Richards).

- Sell Gilberto, bring in Veloso/Makoun or someone you want

- Also sell Senderos, he doesn't cut it.

Other than that, you have a great squad.

So he turns into a half decent centre back then? icon_wink.gif

He really looks amazing icon14.gif

- Don't really rate Richards (and they want 35mil for him) so I might sign Zapata. (Do you think he's any good?)

- It's only for back up so what I might do is wait til the end of my second season and buy back Flamini

- I thought about selling him but thought I might need him as back up for a bit.

- Don't really rate Richards (and they want 35mil for him) so I might sign Zapata. (Do you think he's any good?)

- It's only for back up so what I might do is wait til the end of my second season and buy back Flamini

- I thought about selling him but thought I might need him as back up for a bit.

Yeah Nordveit can turn out great. I have him loaned out to Barca in season 6. He's played 21 matches for them by December, mostly as a RB, occasionally as a CB. His Dribbling, First Touch, Long Shots, Bravery, Teamwork have all increased by 1 too. If he has a fixed PA, he'll be a great first choice for you.

Yeah Zapata is great. If you can get him at a reasonable price, go for it icon14.gif

Flamini will be a great back-up. Though if he's too expensive, don't buy him. There's plenty of DMs good enough as back-up.

Keep Senderos then if you need him as back-up. But you'll have to sell him eventually. There's much better DCs out there willing to sit on the bench.

here is anderson stats from my save in year 2014, from your screene he is only half the player compared to this anderson and in my save he developed to this level before he reached 23 years old.

andersonhj2.jpg

look at some other AC players yes 7.75 mill is cheap but getting him into the squad will upset your other AC players in your squad. spend the money on regens.

Right. If he wont improve much I wont buy him. Nasri's (who's also at Man Utd) contract expires in 6 months. I'll try get him if he doesn't sign a contract.

As for Aguero, he might have to stay - I'm selling Bojan.

I can't find a single -10 PA in my game who actually has a high PA. Giovani, Bojan, Anderson, Galvan, Kroos, Pato, Vela, Saivet all have low PAs.

Originally posted by cameron Fordyce:

here is anderson stats from my save in year 2014, from your screene he is only half the player compared to this anderson and in my save he developed to this level before he reached 23 years old.

andersonhj2.jpg

look at some other AC players yes 7.75 mill is cheap but getting him into the squad will upset your other AC players in your squad. spend the money on regens.

Looks F**king fantastic icon_eek.gif

Originally posted by teeyougee:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Yeah Nordveit can turn out great. I have him loaned out to Barca in season 6. He's played 21 matches for them by December, mostly as a RB, occasionally as a CB. His Dribbling, First Touch, Long Shots, Bravery, Teamwork have all increased by 1 too. If he has a fixed PA, he'll be a great first choice for you.

Yeah Zapata is great. If you can get him at a reasonable price, go for it icon14.gif

Flamini will be a great back-up. Though if he's too expensive, don't buy him. There's plenty of DMs good enough as back-up.

Keep Senderos then if you need him as back-up. But you'll have to sell him eventually. There's much better DCs out there willing to sit on the bench. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How do you find out their PA?

Can you without downloading Genie Scout or whatever?

Flamini will cost 8mil as part of our Buy Back Agreement icon14.gif

Thanks teeyougee icon14.gif

Originally posted by cameron Fordyce:

andersonhj2.jpg

Any chance you could post a link to another site? I can't see that one.

And thanks for the advice.

How do you find out their PA?

Can you without downloading Genie Scout or whatever?

Flamini will cost 8mil as part of our Buy Back Agreement Thumbs Up

I don't think you can find out their PA without a programme. Best thing to do is get a good JPA scout to give you a scou report on him. If his PA is 4 stars or more, he'll turn out great.

Dammit. My run of consecutive wins has come to an end. I couldn't reach your 49 consecutive wins, Hulk icon_frown.gif. I managed to win 41 in a row in all competitions (38 matches this season + the final 3 matches last season). I drew 1-1 away to Aston Villa in the League Cup SF 2nd leg (Won the first leg 6-0).

I've won all 24 of my league matches, and I'm 20 points ahead of 2nd place Chelsea.

I'm still in all cups, and facing Milan in the 1st Knockout Round in CL icon_biggrin.gif

The only player I bought in January was Ronaldinho for £1M icon_razz.gif Bought him so he can tutor my youngsters.

I sold RVP for £22.5M to Spurs (Board accepted it). He's been perfect for me for 6 seasons, but he's 29 now.

Sold R.Forster to Porto for £10M.

Also sold Batuhan to Madrid for £4.2M + 30% ons.

Loaned out:- Bojan - to Man Utd, Sankhare - to Man City, Barazite - to Marseille.

I'm still on an unbeaten run. 159 consecutive matches unbeaten icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by VillaLi0n:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mikiz:

\o/ Cesc <3

Hi mikiz icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hello mate icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by theincrediblehulk:

Does anyone know how a manager gets on the favoured personnel list of the clubs?? How long does it take and what do you have to do (besides leading the team to success ofcourse)??

I do it from post-match team talks. I say "pleased" to 6/7 ratings, and delighted to 8+. Then I praise a few of my players to the media every couple of months. By the end of the season I'm on their list. It could take less time or longer though.

Also, I read somewhere that if a tutoring goes successfully, the player adds you on their favoured personnel.

Not sure if there's any other ways.

No no. I meant how do you make YOURSELF (the manager) a favoured personnel of the club (Arsenal). Like Bergkamp, Vieira, Henry, Wenger etc are all on there.

Normally it appears when you win a lot of important trophies, it did with me at Lyon.

Ahh right. Cheers then. Was curious because in one of my previous saves I'd won 4PL, 3 CL, 4 FA Cups & 3 CC for the club and I still didnt get on the list. Not to mention the CWC and CS trophies. icon_confused.gif

only major trophies count and that would be your league and champions league, cups are count as minor for some reason

No no. I meant how do you make YOURSELF (the manager) a favoured personnel of the club (Arsenal). Like Bergkamp, Vieira, Henry, Wenger etc are all on there.

Oh my bad, I mis-read.

It must take like 5+ seasons. I've won the league 5 years running, and the CL 5 times. I'm not a favoured personnel yet.

My unbeaten run has come to an end - harshly too.

I lost 2-1 in the FA Cup Final against Liverpool. Torres scored a goal on the 84th minute, but he was offside. The FA remained silent when I was outraged about the goal being given.

Ah well - 183 matches unbeaten, my personal record icon_smile.gif Would have been great to reach 200 though.

what formation do you guys use to go nearly 200 matches unbeaten? the most ive went is about 25 at most. bearing in mind i hardly ever go the top 4 teams on the game. Just started a new arsenal game now though. heres my team 1st season

lehmann almunia

rafinha sagna

clichy traore

toure sakho

gallas nordtveit senderos

makoun flamini denilson

fabregas diaby song piatti

fernandez ben arfa walcott

van persie hleb

adebayor eduardo

aguero bendtner

also have

wijnaldum

thiago

saivet

dalla valle aswel as

merida and barazite in my youth team so bright times ahead for arsenal, asif the 1st team wasnt enough.

at the end of the season breno and lulinha are signing aswel.

i was thinking about using that 2-3-2-2-1 tactic anyone used it before if so how did you get on with it, from what ive read its good.

So how many major trophies did you win before you got your name on there?? Do you remember?

I believe i had to win about 4 Champions Leagues and 4 league wins and a lot of minor trophies (i guess they count them together or something) but its also important how you react to media and if you make big signings who the fans like ...

But i also think its different for each team, maybe you need to win more because Arsenal are a "huge" team.

-------------

And mate i didn't mean anything in that previous post, just having a laugh thats all. icon_wink.gificon14.gif

No problem mate

I've got a quick question, i've got a week left in the summer stransfer window at the start of season 3. I can get Robinho for £42.5m as he is unsettled and wants to leave Madrid. If i was to buy him i was going to play him as an AML but i've also got Van Persie and Rosicky who can play there. I'm also really interested in Babel for my AML position but Liverpool are rejecting bids left right and centre. So do you think i should go for Robinho or should i wait and try and get Babel in January or should i just keep Persie and Rosicky? Or should i go for someone else.

Anyone?

Originally posted by Rydo L:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">No problem mate

Anyone? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Robinho would be an ace signing mate. I would go for him. Babel i don't rate at all tbh.

Just finished my first season on 8.0.2..

Fabregas won English Football of the Year, Cristiano Ronaldo won Player's Player of Year with Ade and Eduardo in 2nd and 3rd, Walcott won English Players' Young Player of the Year award ahead of Anderson and Gabby Agbonlahor. I won Manager of the Year award too! icon_smile.gif

League Cup Final - Beat Liverpool on Penalties after 120 minutes ended 3-3.

FA Cup Final - Lost 1-0 to Chelsea from an 86th minute goal from Diego. (Grr..) But I did have one eye on the squad that I picked ready for..

The Champions League Final - Barcelona Vs Arsenal

I got destroyed 3-1 with goals from Eto'o, Iniesta and Xavi. I went 1-0 down from Eto'o, Adebayor pulled one back before Xavi and Iniesta ruined my life in the 74th and 90th minutes.

Eto'o (10) won the Golden Boot, with Adebayor in second (9) and Raul 3rd (7)

Iniesta won best player, with Adebayor second and Eto'o third.

Flamini did get the best goal of the tournament though, and Barnes got the second best! I only had one player in the Dream Team though, and you guessed it.. Adebayor.

Some screenshots:

Premiership Table

LeagueTable-38Games.jpg

Squad

TeamStats.jpg

Transfers

Transfers.jpg

Premiership Team of the Season

PremiershipTeamoftheYear.jpg

Does this only happen in my game?

Playing 8.0.2, in the 1st season, I can only have 5 subs and 3 used.

Now in 2nd season, I have 7 subs but only 3 can be used.

I refering to the league games.

I know the european cup works that way.

Is this a bug or was it done on purpose?

Enlighten me.

Right, is sanga good enough to keep a place in a CL aspiriing Arsenal team?

and gallas is getting on (3rd season) i have vidal and am considering buying richards to replace gallas...is this a good move?

thanks!

Ok, so after taking a break from the game for a day, I'm back at it and am just nearing the end of the transfer window of the second season. Like I said before, I'm letting a lot of players go even thought I really like them to make room for new players who I've not tried for a consistently long period of time in my team.

So far my signings have been:

Transfers In

Elano - 10M + 12M over 12 months

Andres Guardado - 20.5M (release clause)

Mathieu Bodmer - 16M

Giovani Dos Santos - Straight exchange for Steven Defour

Besides them, I've bought about 10-12 youngsters in as well.

Transfers Out

Tomas Rosicky - 22M over 24 months (Roma)

Eduardo - 22M over 18 months + 50% sell on (Atletico Madrid)

Aliaksandr Hleb - 18M over 18 months (Milan)

Mathieu Flamini - 20M over 24 months + 50% sell on (Real Madrid)

Steven Defour - Straight exchange for Giovani Dos Santos (Barcelona)

Then sold a bunch of youngsters for cash as well. The following all went on installments over 12 months + 50 % sell on:

Mark Randall - 3M (QPR)

Kieran Gibbs - 3M (QPR)

Rui Fonte - 2.5M (Ipswich)

Vito Mannone - 1.5M (Plymouth)

James Dunne - 1M (QPR)

Rene Steer, Jay Simpson & Gavin Hoyte also went for like 500K or so. Then about 20-22 players went on a free. I terminated their contracts as they were just clogging up my academy. Fabianski, Walcott, Sakho & Nordveit are all out on loan.

So now my squad is:

GK - Frey, Lloris

LB - Clichy, Traore

RB - Sagna, Richards

CB - Toure, Richards

CB - Burdisso, Djourou

DM - Veloso, Bodmer

CM - Fabregas, Moutinho, Denilson

LM - Fernandez, Guardado

RM - Elano, Dos Santos

ST - Adebayor, Bendtner

ST - Van Persie, Vela

The only area I dont like is the CM position. I dont like having more than 2 players in any position. So with the 3 there, its a slight problem as someone might not get too many games.

Also, I only have Sagna at RB with Richards a more than able substitute but again, its not keeping with my "policy" of having 2 players for every position. I've still got Justin Hoyte but I dont like him tbh. His only positive is that he's English. I'm thinking of going in for Vedran Corluka. You lot reckon he's a good buy at about 12M?? Not had him before so not sure.

Archived