FM2008 - Arsenal FC. mo money, no problems edition.

hughsieb

Right, I’m seriously p***ed off with the transfer system. Twice now I have had really good bids including player swaps screwed up by my greedy players. First I had a 15m plus Almunia deal for Micah Richards. Everything went through, but then Almunia wasn’t happy with his contract offer, so it fell through. Then I had Atletico make me an offer of 13mil plus Flamini for Aguero. Again, everything went through until Flams rejected their contract. That’s two great deals down the gurgler.

I really wish there was more opportunity to negotiate these situations rather than just have them rejected. I mean the Flams one was particularly crap as he is out of contact at end of season, and I’ve listed him as not needed (did this after the original offer came in, not before).

Any advice?

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

End of Transfer Window Update

Squad

03022008234125tt8.th.jpg

team just won 4-0 against Liverpool aswell (although got 4 ****ing injuries) icon_mad.gif

Transfers In

Jose Baxter - Free

Cheick Doukouré - Free

Scott Wootton - Free

Lucas Trecarichi - £190k

Layvin Kurzawa - £65k

Dimitar Berbatov - £6.5M P/Ex

Federico Macheda - £925k

Marcelo - £5.5M

Bernardo - £1.5M

Rafael Forster - £425k

Francisco Guillermo Ochoa - £6M

Javier Saviola - £2M

Marco Andreolli - P/Ex

Transfers Out

Zdravko Kuzmanovic - £14.25M

Emmanuel Eboue - P/Ex

Federico Vilar - £5M

Phillppe Senderos - £8M

Aliaksandr Helb - £15.5M

Justin Hoyte - £4.5M

Gael Clichy - £12.25M + £20M After 1 French Apperence + P/Ex

Multiple Loans

Results So Far..

Charity Shield Vs Man Utd - Won 5-1 (Richards 2, Berbatov 2 & Adebayor)

Premier League Vs Middlesboro - Won 4-0 (RVP 2 & Bendtner 2)

Premier League Vs Fulham - Won 4-1 (Samba, Adebayor & Barbatov 2)

Euro Super Cup Vs Lyon - Won 5-0 (Richards, Berbatov, Eduardo & RVP 2)

Premier League Vs Liverpool - Won 4-0 (Berbatov & Adebayor 3)

Champions League Group

Arsenal

Benfica

Rangers

AEK

Should get through easily and also playing a fairly easy game against Notts Forest in the league cup

mon the season icon_smile.gif

I'm seriously ticked off at this bloody game. I have NO idea how the hell do I retain possession of the ball! I've got my team playing short passing and slow tempo. But I can never seem to dominate possession. I still win the match but it annoys me that the other team gets so many shots away and so much possesssion! Infact, the last few matches, these have been the stats:

Everton at home:

Score: Arsenal 3-2 Everton

Possession %: Arsenal 42-58 Everton

Shots: Arsenal 13-14 Everton

On Target: Arsenal 5-5 Everton

Aston Villa away:

Score: Villa 0-3 Arsenak

Possession %: Villa 57-43 Arsenal

Shots: Villa 15:6 Arsenal

On Target: Villa 2-3 Arsenal

Man Utd at home:

Score: Arsenal 1-0 Man Utd

Possession %: Arsenal 43-57 Man Utd

Shots: Arsenal 8-22 Man Utd

On Target: Arsenal 3-9 Man Utd

These have been my last 3 matches. Even before that I had a couple where things went like this. Bloody annoying even if I'm winning. Any cure for it???

These have been my last 3 matches. Even before that I had a couple where things went like this. Bloody annoying even if I'm winning. Any cure for it???

When I push my back line up, and close down to the max, I gain more possession. I rarely get over 50% though. The fact is, most teams pass around in their own half most of the time. i.e. Scunthorpe had 65% possession and I won 6-0.

Oh and Hulk, did your winning streak come to an end or is it still going? I managed another 27 consecutive wins this season but then drew away. Half-way through January in season 5 now.

My unbeaten run continues;

50 games unbeaten in the league

87 games unbeaten in all competitions

Tough matches coming up though, Not sure if I can reach 100.

When I push my back line up, and close down to the max, I gain more possession. I rarely get over 50% though. The fact is, most teams pass around in their own half most of the time. i.e. Scunthorpe had 65% possession and I won 6-0.

My back line is always set right in the centre (normal). I dont like to have them push up as I always feel it leaves me vulnerable at the back and also doesnt allow space to my creative midfielders to do their thing. And the thing is that I've always played like this and its never been a problem. Its just all of a sudden that this bull has started. I can understand a lower team passing the ball back and having a lot of possession. But I cant understand good teams like I've played doing it to me especially at Emirates. Also, the lesser sides can have possession if they pass it back. That'd be fine but then the usually have a lot of shots on goal as well which I cant figure out. Really, really annoying. In my last 2 matches, first I played Blackburn and had only 43% possesssion (played at home btw). But atleast this time they didnt get too many shots off. And then next game I played Barca and again I only had 44% possession. And they had 18 shots to 5 for me!! Stupid this is. Cant understand whats gone wrong all of a sudden.

Oh and Hulk, did your winning streak come to an end or is it still going? I managed another 27 consecutive wins this season but then drew away. Half-way through January in season 5 now.

It finally came to an end in my last match against Barca (away). Drew them 2-2. Was bound to happen since I was conceding so much possession lately. Toure gave away a bloody penalty in the first god-damn minute of the match! Who does that irl??!! Anyway, the streak ended finally in my 59th game! 58 straight wins. Bloody amazing my team has played. Won the league with 8 matches to spare! 3 more games in the league and I'll have taken maximum points!!! Got Derby, Sunderland & Newcastle to go so very possible. Although I'm not playing my first team anymore in the league. icon_cool.gificon_smile.gif

I did it icon_biggrin.gif

100 matches unbeaten. First time I've ever managed this icon_biggrin.gif 57 matches unbeaten in the league so far icon_smile.gif

I drew 5 away matches this season, won all the rest of my matches.

I'm top of the league by 9 points.

Won the Community Shield and League Cup so far.

Facing Chelsea in the FA Cup Semi-Final.

Playing Roma in the Champions League Quater-Final, and then Chelsea or Madrid in the Semis.

Let's see if I can go the whole season unbeaten.

remalap

This is for your attention:

Eduardo Chants

yes the villa fans were singing songs about eduardo (i was at the match ) which was bang out of order and the 4 minutes of stoppage time probably came from villas blatant time wasting.......so i my opinion justice was served

Thanx for that. Just saw it on the net as well.

Bloody sick of the idiots who were doing that. I wont generalise the Villa fans as apparantely it was only a handful of lowlifes who were chanting that bull. I seriously hope these swines are banned for the rest of their miserable lives from ever going for a Villa match and also to ever even hover near Emirates. They claim to be fans and yet laugh at the plight of a professional footballer. Heck, Spurs are our hated rivals and even they were sending get well soon messages for Eduardo. I'd be digusted if fans of the club I support ever did stuff like this. Leaves you with a bad taste in your mouth doesnt it?

It finally came to an end in my last match against Barca (away). Drew them 2-2. Was bound to happen since I was conceding so much possession lately. Toure gave away a bloody penalty in the first god-damn minute of the match! Who does that irl??!! Anyway, the streak ended finally in my 59th game! 58 straight wins. Bloody amazing my team has played. Won the league with 8 matches to spare! 3 more games in the league and I'll have taken maximum points!!! Got Derby, Sunderland & Newcastle to go so very possible. Although I'm not playing my first team anymore in the league. Cool Smile

Bloody hell... that's crazy. 58 consecutive wins icon_eek.gif

Yeah you'll definately get maximum points.

Jeez how do you do it. The opposition keeper gets MoM like once every 4 matches in my save and I end up scraping a win or drawing.

As for the possession problem, I really don't know. My oppositions very rarely get more shots than me. Either because of my tactic, or my players, or both.

Started a new Gooners game.

I got a nice £71m transfer kitty.

Signings

Alberto Zapater £7m

Christopher Samba £1.5m

Hugo Lloris £14.75m

Sergio Aguero £38m

Abdou Razack Traore £2.5m

Arturo Vidal £7.5m

Guilherme £10m (ST From Cruzeiro)

Departures

Manuel Almunia £4m

William Gallas £10m

Abdou Razack Traore Loan (Salamanca to get WP)

Gilberto £5m

Arturo Vidal Loan (Salamanca to get WP)

Using Kimz V1 Tactic

The League/CL XI

GK Lloris

LB Clichy

CB Toure

CB Samba

RB Sagna

CM Rosicky

CM Zapater

CAM Aguero

CAM Cesc (With Barrow)

CAM RVP

ST Adebayor

The FA/League Cup XI

GK Fabianski

LB Traore

CB Big Phil

CB Eduardo

RB Djourou

CM Denilson

CM Diaby

CAM Eduardo

CAM Guilherme

CAM Theo

ST Bendtner

I had a perfect pre season with 6 out of 6 the smallest winning margin was 4 and the biggest was a 9-0 Win against BEC.

And a great start to the season.

Vs Blackburn 2-0 Win (H)

Vs Rosenborg 3-1 Win (A)(Champions League Quali)

Vs Man Utd 4-1 Win (H)

Top scorer so far Nicklas Bendtner

Played 1 (and 1 sub appearence) scored 3 Assists 1 Ave rating 8.00

Most Assists so far

Tomas Rosicky

Played 2 Scored 0 Assists 2 Ave Rating 7.50

Hi there,

@ incrediblehulk, how did you get that much good score?

I am in year 2009. and this is my Arsenal squad:

GK: AKinfeev, Almunia, Adan

RB: Richards, Sagna

LB: Chiellini

CD: Barzagli, Toure, Pablo, Palombo, Felipe

MR: Ribery, Rosina

ML: Silva, M. Fernandez

MC: Fabregas, Veloso, Nasri

FC: Aguero, Adriano, Van Persie

I am looking for additional striker for up to 20M, any ideas?

Best,

Oz

Rydo,

That's a good question, but I have had no luck with Adebayor so I sold him. His stats and games wasn't been acceptable. Benzema won't come to me, will see for others you recommend.

I have sold Vela too, his PA is 172 in 8.0.2 and I don't want' to spend time trying to get best out of mediocre striker. I am looking for young PA 180+ striker, but as I said, will see with others you mention.

Thanks mate.

@ incrediblehulk, how did you get that much good score?

Honestly, I have no idea mate!! I just play around a lot with the settings in each game. Dont usually change my tactics or too many instructions but I do tweak a little here and there.

Anyway, just finished the season. Won the freaking quad. That on top of what I achieved in the league makes it my best result EVER. Infact I just drew ONE game whole season. Won every one of the other games!! The odd one out was Barca at Camp Nou (damn Ronaldinho). Really happy but kinda annoyed as it means that I'll probably get bored again soon if I dont get a challenge. So hopefully next season wont be quite as good (that sounds bloody strange!).

Anyway, some player stats:

Van Persie: P: 32, G: 35, A: 24, MoM: 12, AR: 8.13

Adebayor: P: 33, G: 41, A: 14, MoM: 14, AR: 8.27

Eduardo: P: 37(9), G: 24, A: 8, MoM: 8, AR: 7.30

Bendtner: P: 28(5), G: 24, A: 12, MoM: 8, AR: 7.55

Fernandez: P: 33(3), G: 15, A: 11, MoM: 7, AR: 7.61

Those were the top goal-scorers. But everybody in the team was great in terms of doing their job. The worst AR's were of Mathieu Flamini at 7.10 and Miguel Veloso at 7.12. But thats more a reflection of how bad DM's are rated in the game than them playing badly.

The toughtest task was the CL finals where I was playing Chelsea. For the first 30-40 minutes they were hammering me. Kept hitting shots on target but couldnt find a goal thankfully. Then Robin got injured and had to go off. So I got on Hleb and switched my tactics to play 4-1-3-1-1 with the ML & MR making runs into the box. Set Adebayor as the TM and it worked almost instantly. Went ahead just before half-time. Then Burdisso got himself a second yellow and got sent off at 50 minutes. They equalised about 2 minutes later. But I kept defending and they kept knocking the ball to Adebayor. The second goal came when someone knocked the ball over-the-top for Ade and Cech started to come for the ball but stopped suddenly for some reason and Ade slotted home easily. Have NO idea how I held on after that but I did! icon_smile.gif

Anyway, for the new season, I'm gonna sell some of the Arsenal "regulars" and get in players who I've not tried too long. Should have a hefty budget I reckon. Have no idea who I'm gonna get yet though.

Great Hulk, I like your speech man.

Well, I've been playing for two seasons regular 4-4-2 with small wingers arrows in the opposition area. Passing, creativity and everything is mixed except closing down which is a bit in an "own area". Of course, loosing time option is reduced. I am using playmaker, but not target man. Nothing special here, so I finished 2nd in Prem. League both seasons and lost in CL semi finals twice in a row. I have been naughty and have been add to favorites or whatever you call it, many attractive players so I can see when some club make an offer for them. Doing that, I have everytime place a bigger offer for some player for which Chelsea have made an offer so I have prevent him to move to Chelsea playing that mind transfer game until the end of transfer. That expereiment give the result that Chelsea have buy only a mediocre players in two seasons, but no matter of that they're cruisin' mate. Say, 0-5 for them at City etc. Pretty annoying, they win because they are Chelsea, uf.

I have bought Silva and Chiellini for the upcomming season, will see if I would have more luck tomorrow evening.

If you have some tactics tips which you'd like to share, I'll be thankful for that, thanks.

Enjoy your game,

Oz

How do you lot rate Vicente from Valencia?

Just got him at a bargin price of 8.5mil quids.

The lad wanted first team footy.

Apparently wasn't getting any at Valencia.

Has anybody had any experiences with him?

he is an ok player but not at the level of fernandez or silva but does well in my Spain squad has pushed silva out to the right wing but there are better players out there. for the price its a good buy u might want to look at a player called mota from valencia (started there) great finisher and crosser of the ball burst on to the international stage during the second season presently trying to sign him for my arsenal team but got competition from all the big teams in europe, he looks like a random stats player but he might come good in your game.

just set up a new league with arsenal. looking 2 incresw my squad in depth and in ability. sold the mediocre players like diaby, diarra, flamini, hoyte, etc. signed richards for £20m and brought in adriano, baptista and gudjohnsen on loan. looking for a world class winger or another centre mid. any suggestions? also, whos this fernandez guy ive been reading about?

Originally posted by cameron Fordyce:

he is an ok player but not at the level of fernandez or silva but does well in my Spain squad has pushed silva out to the right wing but there are better players out there. for the price its a good buy u might want to look at a player called mota from valencia (started there) great finisher and crosser of the ball burst on to the international stage during the second season presently trying to sign him for my arsenal team but got competition from all the big teams in europe, he looks like a random stats player but he might come good in your game.

Yes, seen Mota.

He has random stats thou.

Unfortunately, not so good in mine.

Vicente started off brilliantly.

Scored a fantastic goal from outside the box.

Fans believe he's going to be a marvellous piece of business.

Whatever that is.

Hah.

Just checked it out, Vicente has a PA of 184.

Not bad really.

Anyways thanks for sharing Cameron.

Cheers.

Originally posted by RossBrock:

just set up a new league with arsenal. looking 2 incresw my squad in depth and in ability. sold the mediocre players like diaby, diarra, flamini, hoyte, etc. signed richards for £20m and brought in adriano, baptista and gudjohnsen on loan. looking for a world class winger or another centre mid. any suggestions? also, whos this fernandez guy ive been reading about?

I believe you've been reading bout Matias Fernandez from Villareal.

I am personally not fond of him but he's one of the popular choices in FM08.

He can play at the left wing and in the middle of midfield.

He scores loads from long shots and freekicks, I think.

Go have a looksy at the lad, you might be interested in him.

Originally posted by RossBrock:

Diaby is immense for me icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by theincrediblehulk:

remalap

Eduardo Chants

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">yes the villa fans were singing songs about eduardo (i was at the match ) which was bang out of order and the 4 minutes of stoppage time probably came from villas blatant time wasting.......so i my opinion justice was served

Bloody sick of the idiots who were doing that. I wont generalise the Villa fans as apparantely it was only a handful of lowlifes who were chanting that bull. I seriously hope these swines are banned for the rest of their miserable lives from ever going for a Villa match and also to ever even hover near Emirates. They claim to be fans and yet laugh at the plight of a professional footballer. Heck, Spurs are our hated rivals and even they were sending get well soon messages for Eduardo. I'd be digusted if fans of the club I support ever did stuff like this. Leaves you with a bad taste in your mouth doesnt it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would not worry, I was at the game and the hand full of villa fans that were responsible paid for it at the end of the game if you know what I’m saying.

Originally posted by cameron Fordyce:

max sry not mota but Juan Manuel Mata.

mataoc6.jpg

Haha... weird, I was actually referring to Juan Manuel Mata as well.

Mota is that brasilian guy.

Plays the same position as Mata.

Like I mentioned, Mata has random stats and doesn't look good in mine.

Actually both Mota n Mata doesn't look good in my save.

RossBrock, have a look at Miguel Veloso if you are selling Flamini.

Thou I strongly recommend you keep the lad.

Flamini is the backbone of my midfield.

I have Veloso as well whom I rotate with Mathieu for cup games.

Jeremy Menez, Rosina and Ben Arfa are my must have wingers.

Not class from the start but will be after 2 odd seasons.

Which is good coz you already have Tom n Alex Hleb to do the job from the start.

Samir Nasri turns out class in the middle of the park.

I would say he's better than Matias Fernandez thou he doesn't score as much.

Originally posted by Scott08:

There's definatly a problem in the match engine with the Chelsea defence vs Adebayor.

He just scored 5 for me in a 5-0 victory against them. Playing as a lone striker

definately, i played him as a lone ST and in thefirst game he got 6 goals, the second he got 5. I think it was that anyway!

Challenge #1:- Win every cup and the league.

Challenge #2:- Go unbeaten the whole season (to make it 100 games unbeaten)

Challenge #1:- ACHIEVED

Challenge #2:- ACHIEVED

I've finished season 5 and it went almost perfect icon_biggrin.gif

I didn't lose a single game. It didn't go as well at Hulks though, I drew 7 away matches.

I won the Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup, Champions League, European Super Cup, Community Shield and the Club World Championship.

League Table

League Table (Home)

Player Stats

Champions League Final

Team Overview

118 Matches Unbeaten

I sold Fabianski for £20M + 50% ons to Portsmouth. I sold a bunch of youngsters totalling 15.5M. I haven't bought anyone yet.

I want to see how many matches I can go unbeaten, so here's my squad, who should I sell and who should I buy? I need 2 players per position. Here's the tactic I use. Any help will be much appreciated.

Originally posted by arsenal_2111:

My Squad

Patch 8.0.2

Season 4, August

Looking for transfer suggestions and line up

Thanks!!

You're team's great mate. The only change I would make is buy a new CB. Luiz is good but you can find much better. He'll be a good back-up though. Isn't Djourou better that him by now? Did you sell Vidal? He'll a solid CB, try get him back if you can. Is Sakho great by now? Otherwise you know the usual great CBs.

Also, I really wouldn't use Ben Arfa as a striker. But I see Adebayor's injured so that's why. Vela would be better upfront with Ben Arfa on the wing though. If he's doing well for you though, ignore this.

Other than that, you wont need to make major changes.

Originally posted by Quagmire13:

Does anyone know how much it costs to get Bojan or Dos Santos at the beginning of the game. I just started a new Arsenal game and I have had no success getting either one of them.

I don't think either of them are interested in leaving Barca. You could loan Bojan and try get him to like you though. I think Gio has a 20.5M release clause.

Originally posted by theincrediblehulk:

remalap

Eduardo Chants

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">yes the villa fans were singing songs about eduardo (i was at the match ) which was bang out of order and the 4 minutes of stoppage time probably came from villas blatant time wasting.......so i my opinion justice was served

Bloody sick of the idiots who were doing that. I wont generalise the Villa fans as apparantely it was only a handful of lowlifes who were chanting that bull. I seriously hope these swines are banned for the rest of their miserable lives from ever going for a Villa match and also to ever even hover near Emirates. They claim to be fans and yet laugh at the plight of a professional footballer. Heck, Spurs are our hated rivals and even they were sending get well soon messages for Eduardo. I'd be digusted if fans of the club I support ever did stuff like this. Leaves you with a bad taste in your mouth doesnt it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In that case, let me apologise on behalf of all decent Villa fans. Stuff like that really has no place in the game.

I'm remalap by the way (it was an old login of mine).

How's Rhys Murphy been for everyone else?

I started a new save with 8.0.2 and in the FIRST season everytime I throw him into the first time he seems to score, including one against Lyon and two assists against Real Madrid during an injury crisis.

He currently has 9 goals and 4 assists in 10 first team appearances--7 being as a sub. He also has 3 MoM performances.

His stats really aren't anything special; he's 17 with 16 finishing, which is great, but I don't think he should be quite that prolific for me.

Currently thinking about throwing him into more games whether the other forwards are fit or not. icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Ghoulalt:

How's Rhys Murphy been for everyone else?

I started a new save with 8.0.2 and in the FIRST season everytime I throw him into the first time he seems to score, including one against Lyon and two assists against Real Madrid during an injury crisis.

He currently has 9 goals and 4 assists in 10 first team appearances--7 being as a sub. He also has 3 MoM performances.

His stats really aren't anything special; he's 17 with 16 finishing, which is great, but I don't think he should be quite that prolific for me.

Currently thinking about throwing him into more games whether the other forwards are fit or not. icon_biggrin.gif

He's been a reserve player for me.

Can't remember if I'd ever played him in the first team before.

But he scores loads for reserve and under-18 games.

Seems like he's doing good in your save.

I'd play him often if he gets those kinds of statistics.

In that case, let me apologise on behalf of all decent Villa fans. Stuff like that really has no place in the game.

I'm remalap by the way (it was an old login of mine).

You didnt need to apologise mate. I've been watching football long enough and I'd like to think I'm wise enough to know that 98% of the fans (of any club really) are genuine and wont like to see any footballer suffer such a horrific injury no matter what team they support. There's alwaysa few rotten apples and you cant really do much about them. Every club would have that problem be it Arsenal, Villa, Man Utd or whoever. Thats why I said I wont generalise what I said and only meant it at the few idiots. icon_smile.gif

Hey guys, I'm about to have my first league match in season 6 (Chelsea away).

Anyhow, I'm using 2 teams as usual (1 for the league, 1 for all else).

I have 5 centre-backs and I can't decide which 2 to use as my main ones in the league.

Here's their stats - any help would be much appreciated:

J.Djourou - runs with ball though centre

H.Nordtveit - runs with ball through centre, gets forward whenever possible, hits free kick with power

M.Richards - marks opponent tightly, get's into opposition area, gets forward whenever possible

M.Sakho - marks opponent tightly, runs with ball though centre, gets forward whenever possible, hits free kick with power

A.Vidal - Shoots with power, winds up opponents, tries to play way out of trouble, hits freekick with power

If anyone could take a few minutes and help me decide which 2 would be the best for my A Team, which 2 for B Team, and which one I should loan out.

Thanks.

teeyougee, I would partner Vidal with either Sakho or Nordtveit.

Then then the other partners Djourou.

Your Richards doesn't look like a good CB imo.

I usually look at tackling, marking, heading, positioning n jumping for my CBs.

Micah comes last compared to the rest of your fantastic CBs.

I'd rather sell him than loan him out.

Anyways thats my opinion thou.

Archived