FM2008 - Arsenal FC. mo money, no problems edition.

hughsieb

just finished the first season and got offers for flamini from spurs and chelsea they are offering me £19.2 mill for him should i accept? next season he will be my starting DM, back ups for sesason 2 will be denilson and song, and about to sign Yaya since he is unhappy and think denilson would benefit from going out on loan.

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
mikiz

First, who's Eddy?? I assume you mean Eduardo?? Second, what patch you on? If you're on the latest patch then Eduardo is quality. If you're on the earlier patches, he's not that good. So I'd keep him on the latest patch and wont bother with Amauri as Bendtner is FB. If you're on the earlier patches, I'd sell Eduardo and buy Amauri in that case.

oh come on, Eddy - Dudu - Edu is indeed Eduardo icon_cool.gificon_wink.gif

Yeah I'm on 8.0.2

I've reached the point where it is nearly impossible to improve my team. It is fun icon_smile.gif .

Upon scouting for keepers:

______ would be a leading star . . . and 4th best on the team. icon_cool.gif

Upon scouting for defensive players:

______ would be a leading star . . . and 6th best on my team icon_cool.gif

Upon scouting for defensive mids:

______ would be a leading star . . . and 3rd best on the team icon_cool.gif

Upon scouting for central mid-fielders:

______ would be a leading star . . . and 6th best on the team icon_cool.gif

Upon scouting for attacking mid-fielders:

_____ would be a leading star . . . and 7th best on the team icon_cool.gif

Upon scouting for strikers/forwards:

______ would be a leading star . . . and 4th best on the team icon_cool.gif

I have a "head scout" if you will who scouts any player that I'm interested in who I find, or my other scouts find. He has no "definite buys" and only 5 players in the world listed as quality signings: Kaka, De Rossi, Messi, Sergio Ramos, and Breno. There are plenty of "good" signings but none of them are better than my players and all of the 5 above are only listed as "not much difference between" or "as good as" my best players.

My top line-up:

GK: Oscar Ustari

DR: Daniel Alves

DC: Kolo Toure

DC: Micah Richards

DL: Gael Clichy

MR: Aliaksandr Hleb

MC: Denilson

MC: Fabregas

ML: Andres Guardado

SC: Adebayor

SC: Sergio Aguero

I play a 4-4-2 with a farrow (bent to the middle) on Fabregas and a barrow (bent to the middle) on Denilson, and long farrows on Hleb and Guardado.

My top reserves:

GK: Remy Riou and Dean Bouzanis

Defense: Johan Djourou, William Gallas, Bakary Sagna, Anthony Vanden Borre.

DM: Lucas, Jean Il Makoun

AM: Giles Barnes, Giovani dos Santos, Yoann Gouffran, Sherman Cardenas, Elano, Luka Modric (in reserves right now)

FC/SC: Eduardo, Bojan, Nicklas Bendtner, Scott Sinclair

It is worth noting that players are not always consistent between games because of random stats at the start. My current crop have not always been this good in other starts. I'm also using 8.0.1.

I've done the quadruple 3 years in a row, but West Sham ended my run by knocking my kids out of the League Cup by scoring a goal that was obviously offsides (and when I complained they agreed) while I had a goal wrongly called back for offsides and lost 0-1.

Everything else is on track though with 24 wins and 2 draws after 26 games in the league. I have a 14 point lead on second place Chelski, who have a 15 point lead on 3rd place, Sheff Utd (Yes, shocking!). Birmingham are in 4th 2 points behind Sheff (another big shock). Other highlights, Spuds in 7th, Man USA in 11th, Liverpool in 15th. But the difference between 4rd and 20th is only 24 points with 36 points still up for grabs.

I've scored 52 (next best is Newcastle on 41) which is low compared to past years. I've conceded 7 (next best is Chelski on 14) which is only slightly better than past years. I'm in the knockout phase of the ECC, 5th Fnd of the FA Cup, won the Euro super cup, and won the CWC using only reserves and youngsters.

My reserves have won their league 2 of the last 3 years and are currently on top by 11 points with 5 games to go.

My U18 squad have won their league 2 of the last 3 years and are currently on top by 2 points with 7 games to go. They have also won 2 of the last 3 U18 Cups but suffered a penalty shootout loss this year in the semis.

My stadium is up to 75,850 now but I must say I'm annoyed with the stadium expansion situation in this version of FM. I kept asking for an expansion, but they kept saying no. After getting fed up I saved the game and put down an ultimatum to expand or else . . and they fired me! I'd won them the quadruple 3 straight years and they fired me! I reloaded the game and low and behold, one month later the board announced an expansion of 15,850 seats, wth? They were willing to fire me for asking for an expansion while they planned on a massive increase? Eh, whatever. Unfortunately now I think we might need to build a whole new stadium to expand any more.

Other pluses:

85% of my current players (first team and reserves) have me listed as favorite personnel.

75% of former players list me as favorite personnel.

I am managing Spain for their Euro 2012 qualification right now who are undefeated and very close to winning their group.

I managed Holland to their incredible World Cup 2010 win (thanks to 3 penalty shoot-out wins). After that I retired because there was no way I'd be able to repeat that (the Dutch youth looked very thin at the back and GK. I relied on VDS, Van Nist, and Seedorf a lot all of whom are approaching/past their expiration date it 2010) and Spain wanted me.

McClaren still manages England despite failing to qualify for Euro '08 (which incidentally Spain won).

Major trades out of note:

Diaby to Portsmouth for 8M

Rosicky to AC Milan for 30M

Almunia to Boro for 2M

Eboue to At. Madrid for 5.5M

Fabianski to AC Milan for 20M

Gilberto to Newcastle for 3M

Diarra to Liverpool for 15.25M

van Persie to Valencia for 20M

Vela to Barca for 30M

Flamini to Man U for 10M (Sold after less than a year for 7.5M to Everton, he wasn't up to snuff in this game)

Nordtveit to R. Madrid for 10M w/ buyback for 15M

Walcott to Man U for 15M (not effective for me a reserve, I feel this was a steal all things considered)

Merida to Chelsea for 20M plus Scott Sinclair (he wasn't getting a lot of playing time for me, so 20M plus young English talent for a reserve player sounds good to me icon14.gif )

With this game going so well it will be a bit before I start a new one with the new 8.0.2 database.

Cheers!

i believe that the stadium can be expanded up to 90,000 but it should take 5-6 years of u moaning to the board to get the original expansion then another 10 years to cent it fully expanded.

surely u have large transfer budget and players like helb and toure and alves are getting a bit old? there must be some good regens in the game that can add to the team or just spend big on messi and co

BAH!! This is unbelievable. I was just nearing the end of Feb in my first season. First in the league ahead by 11 points, in the first knockout round against Stuttgart (led 3-1 after first leg away), still in FA Cup. Had just finished the CC final against Man Utd where I beat them 3-1. After the game, I said let me save this first. I started to save and before it could do so completely, there was some fluctuation and my damn computer restarted!! The flipping file is corrupted now!! ARGHHHH!! icon_mad.gif

Lol. I dont know why people are complaining about Hleb tbh. Even on the latest patch he's a very good player. Just the fact that he can now dribble well at a pretty good pace makes him pretty dangerous. Just set him "long shots" to rarely and if you notice he's still taking too many in the game, then just put his "creative freedom" down to normal. He'll keep passing the ball and create plenty of chances for team-mates.

totally agree with you hulk.

Thou that was a screenie from my restarted 8.0.1 patch.

I find Hleb to be very effective when i play him as an AMR.

With arrows going to my lone Striker.

Like how the gonners are playing irl,

the wingers are cutting in to the central area.

i just lost my arsenal save nothing went Wrong it just wouldnt open saying it couldnt be loaded i was doing quite well with quite a young team and with adebayor, bojan and van the man scoring loads im gonna start again later not sure who too get this time though

Originally posted by Robinb1990:

i just lost my arsenal save nothing went Wrong it just wouldnt open saying it couldnt be loaded i was doing quite well with quite a young team and with adebayor, bojan and van the man scoring loads im gonna start again later not sure who too get this time though

That's unlucky mate.

Had that a couple of times too thou.

ok need some advise flamini is very upset and want s to level and get a new challenge, but he is about to be my first choice DM, i have now got clubs offering 25 mill, clubs that are presently interested are, AC, spurs, barca, chelsea, liverpool, Real madrid and newcastle. how can i get him to stay and stop being upset? i cant give him vice captain as Fab has just got it.

How long does he have on his contract to go?? If its 3 or more years, then just keep playing him and he'll be happy soon enough. No problems there. If its only 2 years or less, then sell him else you'll risk him leaving on a free. Try to sell him to a club in Spain though as then he'll have a release clause and you might be able to buy him back after a year or two. MAKE SURE you add a 50% sell on fee though. Even if it means you having to take 5M odd less right now. Thats only if you really want him back.

he has 4 years left so it will probably be ok in the long run. also i need to decide as regards to forwards i have 6 and feel that to be fair on them i should only really have 5, the 6 strikers i have are Abe,Bojan,Eduadro,vela,bendtner,aguero. second season so do i drop eduardo and just hope bojan and aguero can pick up the slack. or do i sell bendtner since he will not go out on loan for me and i already have abe as a target man.

The transfer dealine has come and gona at the start of my second season.

I had to buy Di Maria and Arshavin for 6.5M and 8M on the last day of the transfer season since I couldn't find any other wingers interested in coming.

I'm trying out a new tactic now using 2 MCs with no arrows. Using Fabregas and Denilson atm but I wanna bring in one more similar player in January as they're my on 2 good naturals.

Now Inter have made a huge squad and both Ben Arfa and Javi Martinez who they just bought are unsettled and listed by request. Luckily, Ben Arfa is coming to me in January for 15.5M.

I've never had Martinez as my usual tactic never uses a natural MC. He has a price-tag of £33.5M. Is he worth it?

Note: I have £200M now, as Marcelo just played for Brazil and I recieved £40M from Roma. And I wont be planning to buy anyone except for Ronaldo, Messi, Silva and Iniesta, and I plan to sell Aguero.

Just finished the 2010/11 season. It wasn't my best, but still sufficiently successful.

Premiership: 1st (W29/D7/L2, 103 for, 35 against). 94 points, 14 ahead of second place Chelski.

Champions League: Semi final, losing to Man Utd 5-4 aggregate.

League Cup: 4th round, lost 1-0 to Newcastle. Couldn't even blame my youth as I played my stongest team.

FA Cup: Won. Beat Chelsea 2-1 thanks to a late Aguero double.

Star Players:

Aguero - 61 goals, 15 assists, 18 MoM's in 53 apps, average rating of 7.78 (footballer of the year, Prem top scorer)

Marcelo - 3 goals, 25 assists, 4 MoM's in 50 apps, average rating of 7.38 (3rd place players' player of the year)

Messi - 4 goals, 19 assists, 2 Mom's, average rating of 7.28

Squad:

GK: Foster, Fabianski

RB: Diogo, Diarra

LB: Chiellini, Baines

CB: Raul Albiol, Touré, Zapata, Djourou

CM: Fabregas, Denilson

AM(L,R,C): Fernandez, Messi, Dos Santos, D'Alessandro, Irome, Walcott, Aaritalo

ST: Aguero, Vela, Bendtner, Eduardo

I'm not sure how this squad could be strengthened at the moment. I've got the money to be able to buy anyone, but I'm fed up with paying massive amounts for people, Messi holds my current record at £35m. Rooney is unhappy, and "hoping to leave", so I might try and poach him.

D'Alessandro is transfer listed, and Aaritalo is getting frustrated about his lack of first team action so I should be looking to offload them soon. Fabregas has beeen worried by my "lack of managerial discipline" for some time, so I may have to do something there as well. I don't think I'll miss him that much if I do let him go, he's on £105k a week and has only just managed an average rating of 7.02 for me this season.

I feel so bad for Eduardo. Really wish him a heatlhy and full recovery. Nevermind how long it takes. icon_frown.gif

I think Gallas summed up my emotions at the end as well. As getting really sick of Gael Clichy's nonchalance. This is the second time this season he's cost us a goal. Cant believe the idiot did it in the last minute. Why would let the ball run so far away from you in the last minute of added time?? You stick as close as possible to it and just hit it anywhere really. Absolute basic defending. Am so furious at him right now. Although in his defence, his follow up tackle looked like he got the ball to me. But cant blame the ref for giving the penalty either. Clichy should never have been in that position. ARRGHH!!!

As for what it means in the season, I'll wait until Man Utd play today. With Newcastle struggling so bad, its hard to expect Man Utd to drop any points. But Newcastle are due a win or atleast a good performance. Clutching at straws I know! We'll still be 3 clear even if Man Utd win. But with us travelling to OT & the Bridge, it doesnt amount to a lot.

More than the result, Eduardo's injury will be more problematic. That leaves us with Adebayor as our only senior fit striker. Bendtner looked good to me today tbh. Even if he lacks composure, he's very good in the air like Ade. But sadly, those two cant work together. I'm still mad at Adebayor for not putting Bendtner through on an open goal. That would have finished the game off. Wenger needs to sit down with both and give them a spanking. Especially Ade. Being the senior player, he should do whats best for the team. He did the same thing against Milan although then he over-hit the pass to Cesc. Very, very poor. Hopefully he'll start improving this side of his game to become a complete player.

I'm seriously in two minds now about the San Siro trip. In a way I wont mind seeing us go out of the CL. With the depleted squad we have, I dont think its realistic to expect us to keep challenging for both titles. I'd rather win the Premier League anyway and thats more realistic than the CL. Might not be the worst of things if we do go out. And you can easily expect an injury or two there as well with Gattuso around!

Gahhh, wish RVP & Rosicky return soon! Heck, I'd even be glad to see Diaby back at the moment. Hopefully this will convince the boss that we need to have more depth in the squad as well!

i really hope eduardo has a speedy and healthy recovery. i didn't see the replays of the incident as i went to the toilet but judging from the commentators reactions and the players reactions, i could tell it was very bad. It must be awful for him as well, he's only been in england for about 6-7 months and just recently had been showing how good a player he is and then this happens.

clichy 98% of the time this season has been top class and hardly put a foot wrong, but just like the man city game he was too relaxed, wenger has to speak to him and make sure he does not keep doing this.

back to FM related topics

how good are

flamini

hleb

almunia

clichy

bendtner

and some of the youth players in the new patch as i'm contemplating leaving 8.0.0 and going to the new one?

The incident was horrific. There's a video of it on Youtube. You don't even have to see the foul to see how serious it was, Taylor's, Adebayor's, Fabregas' faces alone explain it. Hopefully he'll make a full recovery.

the pernambucano of football remainders:

Flamini - stats are much better, but his PA is only about 162. Far too low.

Hleb - most stats have been dropepd though pace and dribbling are higher I think.

Almunia - stats are better, I wouldn't be afraid of having him in goal tbh.

Clichy - as good as always, no changes made I don't think

Bendtner - great potential. Been banging in goals for me in season 1 and so far in season 2 too, in cup and champs league games.

Originally posted by SkeeterP:

Do you think that maybe Clichy is getting a little complacent? The fact that there isn't anyone who can realisticly challenge him for his place in the first team must have an effect on his concentration.

Definitely not. He gives his all every match, he's made 2 mistakes recently - hopefully he won't dwell on them much.

As for Gallas, I'm not sure if we should be disappointed in him, I mean... he is our captain, should he be acting like that?

I really hope we are not on a downward slide, it looks like it atm. Though Cesc is coming back to form, that should help.

is it just me or does anyone else think gallas was fair enough to just sit there at the end of the match, he understands how important those 2 points would have been but he was just sitting there composing him self for the task ahead and now he understands he has to lead the team forward with only 1 key striker fit and 2 young forwards trying to find here feet at the club, and VP who is great but i am scared he might come back and pick up another injury within a couple of weeks.

lets hope Theo can add to this game in the coming weeks, a goal againest AC would be a great start. he just needs to learn to take that extra half second to imagine where he wants to cross the ball before he hits it. he knows he has the pace to create the time now he just has to use it, and he must learn to track back when he play wide.

just started the second season bought aguero richards,felipe,dos santos, bojan and Lloris in the first season and in the second bought maxwell (PX clichy plus 5mill) yaya 8mill unhappy not played enough, jimenez (cheep) and bought iniesta (20mill plus helb). been given 150mill budget presently upsetting silva, messi and romos since valencia and barca did poor last seasons looking good for messi since they are getting overloaded with attacking mids as they now have Helb and Fernandez.

palyers out

gallas 20mill barca

helb PX barca

Diaby 7.75 Sevilla

Clichy PX Inter

Senderos, eboue lehman - Pompey total 20mill

Van Persie 20 mill milan

gilberto silva 10 mill milan

Martin Taylor should be suspended till the end of the season for that horror tackle on Eduardo.I also agree with Wenger that he should never play football again. Eduardo will miss Euro 2008 and the crucial final title campaign with Arsenal and I wish he will recover as soon as possible. icon_frown.gif

****ing hell with Eddy.

At the game today looked a nothing challenge from 50 yards away.

Eddy has been our 2nd best player this year behind flams.

Horror tackle but to say ban Taylor is OTT.

He did not mean it, you could see it in his face.

Eddy will be out a long time with that its a broken ankle,shin and tibula.

I reckon he will be back about August 2009.

Definitely not. He gives his all every match, he's made 2 mistakes recently - hopefully he won't dwell on them much.

As for Gallas, I'm not sure if we should be disappointed in him, I mean... he is our captain, should he be acting like that?

I really hope we are not on a downward slide, it looks like it atm. Though Cesc is coming back to form, that should help.

Clichy does give his all in every game. So does Senderos and so did Cygan. The problem is their concentration levels. Clichy is a class LB and I wouldnt replace him for anyone in the world. But he needs to reprimanded by Wenger about the two incidents.

As for Gallas, he's been an outspoken captain since the day he came to the club. I still dont like him a whole lot but I do think he gets through to the younger lot. It might not have been the wisest of moves to go all the way to the other end for the penalty as it could have been saved and he would have been needed to tidy up but I'm completely with him for being furious. I'd be tearing into Clichy after the game if I was Gallas.

Get ready to see us play the 4-5-1 formation again for a while (till RVP is back). I hate that formation because I think it takes Ade out of the game a lot with him having to come deep to get the ball. Leaves us with nobody in the box. BAH! Lets see what the lads can give us against Aston Villa next week. Another draw or loss and I'm gonna be really worried.

I think RVP is scheduled to return in about 2-3 weeks, but I reckon Wenger could bring him in earlier. We could see the following formation v AC

GK - Almunia

DR - Sagna

DL - Clichy

DC - Gallas

DC - Senderos (Toure Injured)

MR - Rosicky

ML - Diaby (He's played there alot this season)

MC - Fabregas

MC - Flamini

ST - Adebayor

FC - Hleb (Just behind Ade)

Maybe Walcott instead of Hleb, if Wenger thinks hes ready

anyway,

Have any of you seen this Wenger interview from Arsenal.com?

On the tackle on Eduardo...

"The injury is the result of a very bad tackle. The first diagnosis we have of the injury is very, very bad. I would not like to go into medical details because I am not qualified enough but the first news is very bad. He is in hospital."

On it possibly ending his career...

"I don't know I would not as far as that but It does not look good."

On other issues in the game...

"It was never a free-kick on the first goal and it was not a penalty. Five minutes before that it was a 100 per cent penalty on Adebayor. But we have to take it, we cannot change it and we have to look at ourselves as well. We have to fight against all that. We should have killed the game off earlier and scored the third. That is why with any little mistake you are caught."

On Eduardo's injury effecting the team in the first half...

"Yes 100 percent you could see that straight away it had a big effect.."

On his half-time team-talk...

"We wanted to play football and the game what we wanted to do. We did that quite well."

eduardo has now gone in to/had his first or surly many surgeries. and seeing the 3 stills of the tackle i would be amazed if he could walk with out a stick after that tackle. as regards to taylor not normally a bad person but he is a very clumsy tackler and this tackle was atleast half way up eduardo's sock. honestly hope he gets 5 match band for that high tackle.

FM: since the update has anyone else seem to get even bigger transfer budgets and random cash injections.

I don't think Taylor deserves more than a 3 match ban tbh. It was a bad tackle, but it was more horrifically bad luck that it caught Eduardo in exactly the wrong place at exactly the wrong time with both players weight in exactly the wrong place. Worse tackles happen most weeks, but the player isn't generally caught in exactly as bad a way.

Still, hope Eduardo makes a full recovery. Looks like it'll be a long time though icon_frown.gif

As for Gallas, I think he was justified. He's always been a heart on his sleeve type player.

I managed to bag Kaka in the second season! He wanted a new challenge and I stepped in. Cost 38m but well worth it.

Also, Akinfeev(GK), Alves(DR) and Mutu(AML) all brilliant signings.

Cant understand the board though.

Won the Prem, CL and FA Cup in the last season but they say they are 'disappointed with the performances last season'!

Reckon they are gonna sack me because I dont play really attacking football?

I don't think Taylor deserves more than a 3 match ban tbh. It was a bad tackle, but it was more horrifically bad luck that it caught Eduardo in exactly the wrong place at exactly the wrong time with both players weight in exactly the wrong place. Worse tackles happen most weeks, but the player isn't generally caught in exactly as bad a way.

I agree. I was glad that Taylor realised what he'd done too. A lot of players would have ran to the ref and said something like "I went for the ball" or summin, but he didn't. He went checked on Eduardo and didn't argue.

I definately don't agree with Wenger's statement at how he should get a life-time ban. Sure, he's ****ed off, and he might have thought it was intentional, but a life-time ban?

That being said, the more I watch the incident, the more I think Eduardo's chances of recovering are slim to nothing. His foot was almost hanging off -.- Horrific. Let's just pray he can kick ball again.

--------------

Update on my game; January has arrived in season 2 and I'm doing fairly well.

Top of the league by 8 points after 23 matches. Won 18, drew 4, lost 1, scored 51, conceded 9.

I'm astonished at our home record; won all 19 home matches last season, and all 11 this season Scored 31, haven't conceded at home this season.

My 2nd team are doing quite well.

Though they got an unlucky 1-0 loss against Everton in the league cup QF, we had 15 shots, they had 2 shots (1 on target).

Through to the FA Cup 4th Round vs Sheff Utd. 2n

Also, they got us through top place of the CL groups. Facing Barca in the 1st knouts again!! Hopefully, I'll get past them this year. I'll have to play my 1st team in the CL from now on though.

Ben Arfa has come in for £15.5M, and I plan to get Martinez for £25M. £200M spending money will be spent on some big players hopefully.

Also Lloris is awesome. He's played 22, conceded 8, 14 clean sheets. Meaning he's conceded 1 per game at most. I think it's also thanks to a solid defence; Clichy, Toure, Richards, Alves, and Veloso has a Barrow from DMC.

I plan to sell Clichy as Traore has surpassed him now. I wont let him go cheap though.

to anyoone who thinks he should be banned for life, think, if he is the character hes said to be of a very caring and nice person, he will never get rid of the guilt he will carry for probably his life if he has ended a 25 year olds career/

Wenger has come out and said he said what he said in the eha tof the moment and has taken his comments back. it wasn't the best of tackles and 75% of times it would of been a sending off( i have seen many worse).

taylor shouldn't be banned for life. a 3 match ban is enough. it was the 2nd minute in the game, i highly doubt many players could be so wound up after 120 minutes on the clock to do a tackle with the intent to hurt the opposing player. taylors foot caught eduardos leg in the complete wrong place and 9.99/10, what happened would never happen. im an optimistic person and a passionate gooner but my hopes for eduardo are slim and i ate to say that. it will take him great strengh, will and determination to come from this and i really fear for him as it is much worse than luc nillis' career ending injury 8 years ago.

Originally posted by the pernambucano of football remainders: luc nillis' career ending injury 8 years ago.

Oh god yes that was horiffic, and being a Villa fan it was a real tragedy to see such a quality player be taken away from us so early in what appeared to be a promising time for us. I can picture it now, the image of his leg virtually wrapping around that keepers leg. He suffered a double fracture, and as far as I'm aware that's what Eduardo suffered.

I wasn't able to watch the game yesterday but I am very disappointed with the score line.

I understood the team was shocked by Eduardo's terrible injury.

Taylor was careless in his tackle.

I think a 5 match ban is still lenient, a whole season ban would be appropriate considering the damage he has done.

Eduardo will not play for at least 18 months now.

Who knows if he can still play.

I saw pictures of Eddy's foot helplessly hanging onto his leg.

I just wish he would get healthy no matter if he is able to play or not.

Even if he does, it will be very difficult for him to get back to his clinical self.

We couldn't really blame any of the Arsenal players for the lack of concentration.

It was a sad game to play really.

Clichy has given a 100% in every game he plays but his concentrations levels just doesn't compliment his class.

Like many said, Wenger has to sit him down and let him know what he needs to improve.

Ade imo has been complacent.

He has not finish any of the chances for the past few games.

He is starting to be a little selfish i reckon.

Something needs to be done and fast.

I would give he another chance for the next game but if he still continues,

I reckon Wenger should seriously consider dropping him.

We really need RVP and Tom badly now.

If i was Wenger, I would focus all my attention to the league games.

Its a more realist target compared to the CL.

However, i am kind of worried RVP would get injured again.

So a serious consideration needs to be done before playing him.

I would let him take as much time as he needs so as long as Tom is back thou.

max05, you're spot on. IMO, i think we need rosicky back more than we need rvp back. rvp is a soon to be world class player and his prescence is a great lift but ithink when tomas is out the team we lack something more more important but i honestly can't put my finger on it prescisley.

and in regards to adebayor, he shouldn't be dropped as he is in the form of his life. he has to improve on his one on ones IMO as when he gets precious little time to think, he can often go with the wrong thought or think wholey about himself getting on the scoresheet ( and i'm not jsut taking his chance today with bendtner along side him)

Originally posted by the pernambucano of regards to adebayor, he shouldn't be dropped as he is in the form of his life. he has to improve on his one on ones IMO as when he gets precious little time to think, he can often go with the wrong thought or think wholey about himself getting on the scoresheet ( and i'm not jsut taking his chance today with bendtner along side him)

Okay I was prolly harsh on Ade.

He's a very good Striker, no doubt.

But he needs to learn that a team wins games not one player

Am frustrated with him throwing away chances which could easily win us games for the 2 draws we had.

We'll see how he performs in the next game.

Poor Eddy. I hope he can come back just as strong and that the horrible injury hasnt finished his career.

----------------------

Now just staqrted on 8.0.2, I want to buy a central midfielder for back up ,gk for the future and a backup left winger. Any RecommendaTIONS.

Archived