FM2008 - Arsenal FC. mo money, no problems edition.

hughsieb

as of january 2008 my first 11 is

Lehmann

sagna toure gallas clichy

eboue fabregas Nasri hleb

(fwd arw) (bck arw+plymaker) (fwd arw)

RVP Adebayor/Huntelaar

so far i'm still in my first season, i'm unbeaten in the league and only dropped 2 points so far

(2-2 at old trafford) and .beat chelsea at the bridge 3-0, i decided not to play defensive and just play my normal formation.

Barcelona are set to by Rosicky for 28M,Almunia's gone for 8M and I'm yet to reply to a 8M offer for Gilberto.

I've also negotiated a 12M deal for clichy but i need to know if Traore is good enough for the first team and what left backs would anyone would suggest (other than marcelo, tried him in my first game and he was awful)

I played gallas at LB for a while and he produced an 8 rating 4/5 times and with drourou now back I'm tempted to go back to this.

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keep Clichy man. He's up there with the best LB's in the game. I'd say only Ashley Cole (icon_biggrin.gif) is ahead of them. I wouldnt fancy any other LB to play for me. 12M for him is a joke considering the prices in the game. So reject that deal. Traore will be good enough in a season or two. And with him and Clichy in the squad, you have two of the best LB's around. And they're so young so you wont need to change them for a LONG time. Keep both and rotate. Gallas is good there but only defensively. Not to mention, he's not particularly young.

I wouldnt sell Rosicky either but I suppose you have Nasri so it sort of makes it alright. Take the 8M for Gilberto and get Miguel Veloso in.

Nicklas Bendtner is amazing. I started him 22 times in the first two seasons and he got 20 goals, now in this season after Briand had got injured i put Bendty in and he has scored 14 goals in 15 starts in early December, When Briand comes back he will have to do something special to get in the team.

Originally posted by louis118:

Nicklas Bendtner is amazing. I started him 22 times in the first season and he got 20 goals, now in this season (second) after Briand had got injured i put Bendty in and he has scored 14 goals in 15 starts in early December, When Briand comes back he will have to do something special to get in the team.

so youve managed to pay for menez, stam, barzagli, belluschi, mutu, mezenga, lucas and you say reina, lulinha and the other kids aswell?

and that you want more improvements? hmmm id suggest maybe sell some of your defenders for a start... not sure how you can accomodate gallas, toure, senderos , barzagli, stam and not too mention the young uns coming through

personally id invest the money you have left in a new coaching team (if you havent already) and improving facilities and bring in young kids

Originally posted by Darklinkz:

16mil for Gallas, Deal or no deal?

Im Still in first season (around December 2007), havent reach January yet, but they allow Gallas to leave at the end of the season (July 2008) since I might need a strong defender for the champion cup

I think 16mil is good because on my other game, (3rd season in) I wanted to sell him since hes too old but couldnt get a price that is higher than 5 mil[

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Darklinkz:

16mil for Gallas, Deal or no deal?

Im Still in first season (around December 2007), havent reach January yet, but they allow Gallas to leave at the end of the season (July 2008) since I might need a strong defender for the champion cup

I think 16mil is good because on my other game, (3rd season in) I wanted to sell him since hes too old but couldnt get a price that is higher than 5 mil[
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Definetly sell.

I've just finished my first season and did the treble.

My league stats were W 32 D 6 L 0, west ham were the closest to ending our unbeaten run but huntelaar scored with literally the last kick.

beat west ham in the FA Cup on penalties and Barcelona 4-3.

Sir Alex left Man utd ( they finished 5th) and they offered me a contract with a 85M budjet, but told em to get stuffed.

I've taken advantage of valencia and sevilla's bad seasons (they finished 12th and 15th respectivley) buy buying both Silva and Alves for face value (28M and 17M) as they were both to my suprise unhappy.

Also I've bought lulinha (2.7M) Richards(24M) and foster (7M)

Sold Adebayor( 32M + 5M after 10 goals and 5M after 10 international apps) which i was reluctant to do but i had bendtner and vela back from loans, Flamini (6M), Diarra ( 15M! i was schocked i managed to haggle AC for this) and senderos 12M.

I feel i've done all my spending but im tempted to buy a young left back with great potential as both clichy and traore are going to the olympics and it will make me consider barcelona's many offers for clichy.

16 Mil for Akinfeev or 19 Mil for Ustari?

get benoit costil instead. icon_biggrin.gif I bought him intially to be a backup for Fabianski in the third season,and he`s became my first choice after few months.he`s clearly better than fabianski now and I only bought him for 900K.

After First Transfer Window Review:

I play an attacking 4-3-3, with three MC's and the AML and AMR with forward arrows.

Normal fullbacks with running forward often, and DC's back at all times. The center MC is like a DM, but with no backward arrow, and the two MC's on each side has normal mentality, full on creative freedom, mixed passing, attacking runs; often, runs with ball on often too, long shots on mixed and through balls on full. The other sliders are as the were.

Team Instructions is attacking mentality, normal creative freedom, short passing, normal tempo(almost quick), normal width, ormal closing down, rarely on time wasting, deep defensive line, and normal tackling.

I'm using target man, playmaker, and offside trap.

First Team:

GK: Jens Lehmann, Manuel Almunia, Lukasz Fabianski

DL: Gael Clichy, Armand Traore

DR: Emmanuel Eboue, Bakary Sagna

DC: Kolo Toure, William Gallas, Micah Richards

DM/MC: Francesc Fabregas, Miguel Veloso, Denilson, Abou Diaby, Alexandre Song

AML: Samir Nasri, Robin Van Persie

AMR: Aliaksandr Hleb, Theo Walcott

ST: Eduardo, Nicklas Bendtner

My normal line-up is:

---------Lehmann---------

Eboue-Toure-Gallas-Clichy

--Fabregas-Veloso-Diaby--

Hleb----------------Nasri

---------Eduardo---------

Backups for...

Lehmann: Almunia

Eboue: Sagna

Toure and Gallas: Richards

Clichy: Traore

MC's: Denilson, Song

AML: Van Persie

AMR: Walcott

ST: Bendtner

In my pre-season I had this fixtures:

Slavia Prague(A) Result: 3-0(WIN)

Bears(BAH) Result: 3-0(WIN)

Red Bull(BAH) Result: 5-0(WIN)

Sharks(BAH) Result: 7-0(WIN)

Superstars(BAH) Result: 3-1(WIN)

Kongsvinger(A) Result: 2-0(WIN)

Barcelona(A) Result: 3-1(WIN)

My Premier League games:

Aston Villa, 2-0(WIN)

Everton, 2-1(WIN)

Man City, 3-1(WIN)

Bolton, 1-1(DRAW)

Fulham, 1-0(WIN)

I'm third in the league with Man Utd on first and Liverpool on 2nd. Sunderland is last with points. Nicklas Bendtner is the top goalscorer in the league with 4 goals in 2 games.

And my two CL qualification matches against AEK, I won 3-0 home and away. My CL group is Me, Valencia, Celtic, and Toulouse. It's a tough group, but I believe that my team and Valencia will go through.

Transfers:

IN:

Samir Nasri(Marseille) 14.75m - Bough on last day

Miguel Veloso(Sporting) 20.5m

Ever Banega(Boca) 2.9m

Micah Richards(Man. City) 24m

Some for the future:

Adrien(Sporting) 2.2m

Iago(Barcelona) 1.9m

Georginio Wijnaldum(Feyenoord) 575k

Alassane Rambe(PSG) 220k

Thiago(Barcelona) Free

Alessandro Tuia(Lazio) 650k

Henri Saivet(Bordeaux) 525k

Mamadou Sakho(PSG) 525k

David De Gea(Atletico Madrid) 625k

Said Mehamha(Lyon) 425k

Aquino(Murcia) 575k

Levan Kenia(Schalke) 800k

Jose Angel Morente(Sevilla) 250k - Great Regen

Total: 71m

Out:

Gilberto Silva(A.C. Milan) 8.75m

Vincent Van den Berg(Bradford) 95k + 50% sell on

Emmanuel Adebayor(Newcastle) 13.75m upfront + 8m over 12 months + 45% sell on

Vito Mannone(Peterborough) 210k + 50% sell on

Tomas Rosicky(Real Madrid) 17.5 + 6m over 12 months

Philippe Senderos(Sevilla) 7.5m + 40% sell on

Ever Banega and Rui Fonte on loan to Lokeren(new feeder)

Lassana Diarra(Cagliari) loan

Justin Hoyte(Sunderland) loan

Total: 48m

Then I also got some youngsters coming in:

Breno(Sao Paulo) 2.9m -coming in jan

Lucas Trecarichi(Sevilla) 700k -coming next season

Lulinha(Corinthians) 525k - next season

Bojan(Barcelona) Free -next season

Alex(Vasco) 1.3m -next season

My new staff is:

Vincenzo Pincolini(coach)

Bernhard Peters(coach)

Stefano Eranio(coach)

Gian Nicola Bisciotti(coach)

Hans Jorritsma(coach)

Francisco Seirul.lo(coach)

Albert Roca(Fitness coach)

Claudio Gaudino(Fitness coach)

New Scouts:

Norbert Ziegler

Rene Moons

Bojan Krkic

Juan Carlos Garrido

Eusebio

Marcel Desailly

I'll come back with a report after the January Transfer Window...

My new Arsenal game.

After starting many games buying Silva and other expensive players im trying a different approach.

In my time in this game i cant buy or sell any players unless they go on loan.

My 1st XI

GK Lehmann

LB Clichy

RB Sagna

CB Gallas

CB Toure

CDM Flamini

CM Cesc

LAM Rosicky/Dudu

RAM Hleb

ST Ade

ST RVP

I was expecting a poorish start and to finish around 4th.

But it all went rather well.

In my first 11 prem games including games against the other big 3.

I Won 10 Drawn 1 Lost None Scored Conceded and top by 6 points

The only stumbling block is the future.

Sure Arsenal have great youth but the GK position is very light when Jens Retires and CB aint too pretty when Gallas gets old.

anyone else think the arsenal board want a bit much im just coming to the end of february and the board are thinking about replacing me because i lost in the fourth round of the carling cup, it does not matter i played a team with an average age of just 18 or the fact i have 72 points already. they are also very upset i have a replay in the FA cup 4th round and i have so far faced Man u, Newcastle and got chelsea in the 5th round.

Originally posted by Steve Cobble:

how to people get such high prices for players when selling? 30 million for Ade is insane!

the way i do it is just set a players asking price really high and more often than not if a big club wants him and he is not a player i need then he is gone, for example gallas went for £15m and abe for 30

Originally posted by Steve Cobble:

how to people get such high prices for players when selling? 30 million for Ade is insane!

in my game, adebayor scored 23 or 24 goals, i'd given him a new contract before the end of season which bulked his value to 21M, then when real madrid came asking, i negotiated 31M deala dnt eh rest is history, as huntelaar looks to be putting him to shame

Hey all of you Arsenal fans....I have a big question for all of you...How good for is Traore becoming?

I ask this because I'm playing with Barca and he looks like the best left back I've ever seen! I'm in January of 2011 and he has been playing alot more in the past two season than Clichy. And as a result he's wanted by Juve, Milan, Inter, Real and of course me as Barca. He is only 22 and his got 19's for acceleration, pace, tackling and off the ball! Plus 18's for stamina and strength, 16's for dribbling, workrate, composure and concentration + 14's for crossing and marking. So far I see only one possible weakness - his determination is only 10. Can anyone show me a screen shot of him please?

I also plan on starting an Arsenal game as soon as I stop having fun with Barca.....

Oh, bugger.

I am now in my 3rd season, Fabregas wants a new contract. I have offered him one with a wage of 100k per week, 10k appearance fee and 2.5k goal bonus, but he keeps rejecting it. He current contract runs for another 4.5 years. The other thing is, he has been injured for 7 months out of the last 8 with a broken leg and strained knee ligaments. Do I sell him, or do I keep him and keep trying to get him to sign a new contract? I don't want him to upset the rest of the squad.

Man city offered me £7.5m in the first January window for Alumina. Naturally i bit their hand off as Fabianski is doing just fine and I have Morgan de Sanchez coming on a bosman.

I also sold Eboue for £25m at the end of the first season and was amazed at the amount of clubs willining to pay that much for my second choice right back.

End of Second Season Review

It was a very successful season for my gunners this time round completing a domestic treble. However, the champions league continued to elude me.

Community Shield

We were not ready for this one. An average performance from us, featuring various new gunners saw us lose on penalties after a 2-2 draw during regulation.

Carling Cup

Used the young uns for most of the competition before reverting back to the big boys for the final. We would have won either way but i got bored of moving players in and out of the reserves. 7-1. Job done.

The FA Cup

This time around we got what we came for. The FA cup came quite simply. Higlights including a 6-1 win in the semi vs West Brom and of course the final, where i recorded my first victory over manchester utd. It fineshed 3-2 aet.

The Premiership

A truly magnificent team effort in the premier league saw us finish 1st losing only one game all season. The loss came in the first game against Man utd. The final table:

xhmpvv7.th.jpg

Champions League

A lacklsutre performance in the quarter finals to Barcelona. We had previously beaten Shalke with ease but the barcelona game in the seocnd leg at the Nou Camp would be a much sterner teset. We failed losing 2-1 at Camp Nou and 3-2 on agg. I still cant get it!

Awards

Footballer of the year

1st - Sergio Aguero

2nd - Silva

3rd - Theo Walcott

EPL Top Goalscorer

1st - Nicklas Bendtner

Manager of the Year

1st - Louis Jackson

Players' Team of the Year

Philipp Lahm, Kolo Toure, Silva, Cesc Fabregas,

Gilberto Silva, Theo Walcott, Nick Bendtner, Sergio Aguero

The Team and Transfers

Transfers

transs1ve0.th.jpg

jaduduvi6.th.jpg

A bit of a blockbuster window but all of my signings for the first team so far have been worth their extortionate transfer fees.

The Team

magym5.th.jpg

The Transfer Window

I will offload some of the older members of the squad, Gallas and Gilberto. Maybe Briand if i find a taker. Coming in i predict a very quiet window. I shall buy a =back-up striker and a centre back. Any suggestions would be handy. Finally my best XI is:

GK: Lloris

LB: Lahm

CB: Gallas (leaving)

CB: Toure

RB: Sagna

LM: Silva

CM: Denilson

CM: Fabregas

RM: Fernandez

ST: Aguero

ST: Bendtner

Where should i improve upon this, if anywhere.

Archived