FM2008 - Arsenal FC. mo money, no problems edition.

hughsieb

Originally posted by Barnetboyz:

anyone else (apart from hulky icon_wink.gif) finding man utd stupidly amazing?

i mean i'm 10 league games atm won 9 and draw 1 and yet i'm still 2 points behind man utd who have somehow won 10 out of 10 and they have only conceded 2 icon_mad.gif

Its just Chelsea that I am finding unbelievable. I'm 2nd, lost 4 games this season with just 5 to go, and they are 7 points in front of me, have to pray for a miracle now.

Oh and Reading, think he was on cocaine icon_wink.gif

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

davehanson

Nothing special in my tactics really. Play a 4-1-3-2 (DM, CM, LAM, RAM, 2 ST's)

Bascially, my CB's are on total defence and never go forward. FB's have crossing and forward runs on often. DM is Gilberto who's also on complete defence. So that gives me 3 players atleast who are always back. CM is obviously Cesc. Full attack, full creativity, all the sliders on often (except long shots which is mixed). No free role.

LAM is rotated between Rosicky and Fernandez. Again, full attack, normal creativity. FR, RWB and CB on often. LS and TB on mixed. Free role to both Rosicky and Fernandez.

RAM is exactly the same as above. Except for Hleb, LS is on rarely. Walcott, no free role. Oh and both LAM and RAM have arrows pointing inside toward CAM position. Except when I play Walcott who I like to have run on the wing and cross.

Strikers, Fred and RVP. Full attack, normal creativity. FR, RWB on often. LS on mixed. TB and CB on rarely. RVP has a free role. Their LS settings depend really. I keep tinkering with it through the game depending on how the player is performing.

My team mentality is one short of all out attack. Tempo slow, width narrow. Defensive line Deep (one short of all the way). The rest of the sliders as they are.

That is really. Hope it helps. icon_smile.gif

Barnetboyz

Yeah, Man Utd started off well in my game too but when I played them and beat them they started to fall behind. I think they lost 3 or 4 on the bounce after losing to me. Liverpool started slow but is now ascending and have actually pipped Man Utd to second atm.

I dont know how people have Chelsea do well in their games. They always suck at mine. They've managed to draw 8 of their 21 games and have lost 4. Almost 30 points behind me now!! Lol. Grant getting sacked soon I'm sure! icon_smile.gif

On a side note, I've just managed to con Pompey into giving me 10.6M upfront for Almunia!! Lol. Now I can get Lulinha and Bangea before someone else snaps them up!! Happy day!

Originally posted by theincrediblehulk:

I dont know how people have Chelsea do well in their games. They always suck at mine. They've managed to draw 8 of their 21 games and have lost 4. Almost 30 points behind me now!! Lol. Grant getting sacked soon I'm sure! icon_smile.gif

Chelsea always seem to have a very very solid defense but struggle to score in my game. Currently the end of January, season won they're in third with 48 points. Only conceded 12, three of which were to me.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fabregas18:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Barnetboyz:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hughsieb:

anyone want to post screenshots of Denilson post-patch?

i wont be able to check it out the update for a few days and need to live vicariously through everyone else..

11252007130900mj1.th.jpg </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

how do you get screens in the background like that, and can you post a link to the skin with the screens? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the skin doesn't come with those backgrounds.. there is a arsenal background pack somewhere on teh susie site </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

can you post a link?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Inter Milan wants to get Gilberto from me for 10mil, accept or reject!

Reject. He's the best DM in the game for me and even though he 30, he'll easily play at his best till he's about 35. Also, people have been getting 19M for him from AC Milan. If you get that amount, then accept. Anything less than that, reject. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh okay, should I get Fred? and im trying to sell eduardo, but how much should i sell eduardo for? and how much should i pay for Fred

What season are you in? I should think its the first since you're getting 10M offers for Gilberto. If thats the case, then Fred *should* be available for around 13M. He was on mine. And thats a flipping bargain for him! He's absolutely phenomenol. All his essential stats are good. Finishing, heading, long shots etc. Even his pace is decent at 15. He's got 32 in 38 for me so far, along with 12 assists. And bear in mind I dont usually play my starters against weaker teams. He would have easily shattered the smaller ones.

As for selling Eduardo, I really have no clue mate. I remember in one of my games (pre-patch), I was able to get Daniel Alves for 2M + Eduardo!! icon_biggrin.gif In all my other games, I've never been able to sell him as nobody's ever interested! icon_frown.gif

ive had offers from inter for gilberto but im reluctant to let him go as he is a leader , i dont play him that much but in big games with liverpool,man u ... i try to play him for the experience he has . i might let him go at the end of first season.

my defensive midfielders in order of play:

flamini (slightly tweaked)

gilberto

diarra

banega ( on loan will be first choice eventually)

denilson ( i use him more as a central midfield player )

They want 10.75mil for Fred with Monthly Installments of 4.2mil for 12months. 14.9mil all together..worth it or not?

For Eduardo, Portsmouth wants to buy him for 7Mil and so..yeah? Good deal or not

Yep, good deal for Fred. I got him about 1M less than that but thats still good. 7M for Eduardo doesnt seem too good. I'm a little stingy though and always like to get a good deal. If you're not too bothered, then I suppose sell him. But I'm sure you should be able to get more!

Originally posted by spacol:

I still say sell Gilberto... what do you think Flamini and denilson are there for? Go for some youngsters like Fernando Gago at once... he'll outshine them all.

different type of player, Gago is more of a deep lying playmaker similar to Pirlo.

Flamini and Diarra are fantastic and more often than not Mascherano becomes available on a free at the end of season one. Gilberto is a stalwart but you're not missing out on too much if you sell him.

Originally posted by throughbeingcool:

Can anyone recommend a decent enough AMR that would challenge Hleb? I have about 10-15m to spend.

Ricardo Quaresma, if you want a winger he has been great for me since I bought him in. Got him for 10m with some unsettling.

Guest CescNo4

Let Gilberto go. I never got a good bid for him in my first season (7M was max) so I've never entertained the thought of letting him leave. He's still with my in my 3rd season. He's really, really good but thats a very good offer as well for him. Diarra is very good as well so you dont really need to buy anyone else. You also have Flamini and Denilson. Not to mention Diaby who can play there if needed. So sell him and dont use the ones you have.

If you still arent happy with those 3, then I'd suggest look at Miguel Veloso. Brilliant DM. If you want Mascherano, then definitely sell Gilberto and dont buy anyone else. You should be able to get Mascherano on a free next season. He's great as well. icon14.gif

Try Gaby Mudingay (sp?), he's 26, Belgian and plays for Lazio. Looks like a great DMC but only just bought him so can't give you an assessment on how he performs. I got him for £14mil

Originally posted by davehanson:

Sorry for double post, but has anyone had any problems getting a feeder club?

End of first season now (will post a report soon), and I have asked 3 times and every time the board decide there are no suitable clubs.

]

can't say i've had any trouble tbh.. first time i've asked and got Geel \o/

Just finished my first season

Signed Mascherano and Riquelme on bosman and bought Ochoa to replace Lehmann

My Team:

GK: Ochoa

DL: Clichy

DR: Sagna

DC: Gallas

DC: Touré

DMC: Mascherano

ML: Van Persie

MR: Quaresma

MC: Fabregas

MC: Van der Vaart

FC: Adriano

Daniel Alves wants to move to a bigger club which is a really interesing option but Sagna is playing great for me, so I should think about that one.

Sorry for double post, but has anyone had any problems getting a feeder club?

End of first season now (will post a report soon), and I have asked 3 times and every time the board decide there are no suitable clubs.

I got Lokeren and Watford as feeder clubs, and start of the second season I got Falkirk.

quote:

anyone else (apart from hulky ) finding man utd stupidly amazing?

i mean i'm 10 league games atm won 9 and draw 1 and yet i'm still 2 points behind man utd who have somehow won 10 out of 10 and they have only conceded 2

Its just Chelsea that I am finding unbelievable. I'm 2nd, lost 4 games this season with just 5 to go, and they are 7 points in front of me, have to pray for a miracle now.

Oh and Reading, think he was on cocaine

Man Utd are absolute S**t on my game there record of seasons are ;

1st season : 6th

2nd season : 5th

3rd season 3rd

4th season : 5th

and the reading thing there finished 3rd on first two season :0

since i've posted that man utd have been fairly poor icon_biggrin.gif losing 1-0 to chelsea and then Helb decided to score his first hat trick against them \o/

also anyone else seeing how fb Djourou is at birmingham? his stats on my game are amazing and he is very very close to replacing Toure when he rejoins in janaury with Breno partnering him

End of First Season Report

Well, a season that was full of hope and promise eventually finished trophy-less. There were many good points, many good victories, many good performances, but eventually Chelsea were just too strong in the Premiership, and bad, bad management in the CL cost us.

Transfers In

Andrea Barzagli 6m

Nicolas Anelka 17m

Alberto Aquilani 6m

Ricardo Quaresma 10m

Transfers out

Gilberto Silva 19m

Tomas Rosicky 21m

Pre Season

I started off in pre-season by playing a 4-4-2 formation. I wanted to let the players gain confidence and match fitness without confusing matters too much. I played 5 fixtures, won 3 and drew 2 of them, the squad did gain its confidence and we started the season proper full of optimism.

Premiership

By the time the first league game to Fulham came around I changed the formation to a Mourinho-style 4-3-3 formation, with a DMC. We started the league campaign reasonably well, didn't lose for the first 6 games until we played Newcastle away in he 7th and lost 2-1. The league campaign really stuttered around about December to February time with a string of draws against sides which we should have been beating.

The form picked up again (after I tweeked my tactics, thanks to a few ideas that theincrediblehulk posted earlier on), at the begining of March. But, by then the damage had been done. Chelsea were almost unstoppable in the league, and although I only lost 4 games, I drew a massive 12 times. My problems were against, as said previous, 'weaker' sides. My results against the top 3 were (in all competitions) Played 11, Won 6, Drawn 4 , Lost 1 (for 13, against 7). My only loss to the top 3 was Chelsea away in the Premiership.

In defense I was outstanding during the whole season, having only conceded 15 league goals all year, with regular runs of 7 and 8 games without conceding.

Domestic Cups

Well, in the Carling Cup I made it through to the final, beating Liverpool, Man City, Southampton and Man Utd along the way. In the final I faced Aston Villa, and it was just one of those games. We dominated the game, but couldn't score, they could, and Villa beat us 1-0.

In the FA cup I beat Forest, Sunderland, Liverpool, Everton before playing West Ham in the semi. Again, like the Carling cup final, we dominated the game (14 shots compared to their 2), but lost 1-0.

Never mind, always the Champions League to play for......................

Champions League

Before I start this part..............

IT WAS ALL MY FAULT

We progressed through to the group stages, beating Sparta Prague 4-0 on aggregate.

We were handed a fairly tough group stage with Werder Bremen, CSKA Moscow and Fenerbache all in our group. Anyways, we qualified with relative ease, top of the group with just one defeat away to CSKA.

First knockout round we were drawn with Shaktar. Away first leg. Brilliant performance, amazing. We won 3-0, and we really dominated them, one of the best performances of the season. 2nd leg, at home: I decided that it would be a good idea to 'rest' my best 11 to keep them fit. Oh dear god. We got spanked. Worse performance of the season (possibly the worse performance I have ever witnessed from any team I have managed). I just sat in front of the screen dumbfounded. I trid to change it after 25mins and bought on Gallas and Fabregas, but it made no difference. Shaktar had 73% possesion, and we failed to have a single shot! We lost 4-0, went out 4-3 on aggregate. Last time I will ever do that.

What's next

Well, I have targeted a few players for next season. Mascherano will come in on a free, and trying to negotiate a deal for Ochoa. Lehmann has a new contract for 1 more year, but I have let Almunia and Senderos go on free transfers.

been offered £24.5M for Toure by AC Milan and he wants to discuss

worth selling?

He was injured on my game for most of the first season, so didn't get to see the best of him. If you still have Johan Djourou I would try to negotiate with Milan for something in the region of 28-30m. Djourou performed really well when he came back from loan for me, so didn't miss Toure at all.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Barnetboyz:

been offered £24.5M for Toure by AC Milan and he wants to discuss

worth selling?

He was injured on my game for most of the first season, so didn't get to see the best of him. If you still have Johan Djourou I would try to negotiate with Milan for something in the region of 28-30m. Djourou performed really well when he came back from loan for me, so didn't miss Toure at all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

have accepted the 24.5M offer as Djourou & Breno will be joining in january.. although Senderos might be leaving for about 10M icon_frown.gif

just done 2 seasons and messed up a bit on transfers, went a bit ott!

anyway won the league first season which i discussed here earlier, league cup semi, fa cup quarter i think anbd champions league quarter

anyway, second season i won the league again! and fergy retired after cus i pipped utd! also won the league cup 3-1 vs hammers in the final

got to the champions league semis! lost to chelsea on away goals rule, lost 1-0 at the bridge and won 4-3 at home! very annoying, seemed to make pandev score every chance where ny players missed alot of shots (still got 4)

anyway transfers in season 3

akinfeev 20 mill + extras

arteta 20 mill from valencia (hleb wanted to leave, needed cover/starter who is awesome and he is! but cost alot and for some reason no one is intrested in hleb now hes transfer listed....stupid si!)

heskey on a free! (zigic is out for 3 months and need tm cover for bendy!)

saivet came for 3.5 mill

got a french rb with great potential for cheap, gonna loan him out!

free transfered some weak reserves

sold diaby to tottenham (poor for me, got 7.5 mill for him)

loaned merida to the villa for a season

anyway my squad is this, 1st team at least

akinfeev, lehman, fabianski

hoyte, sagna

clichy, traore

toure, gallas, djourou, Nordtveit (looks amazing at start of 3rd, everyone wants him!)

cesc, velouso, diarra, denilson, fernandez

hleb, rosicky, arteta, quaresma, aaritolo

amauri, vela, bendtner, zigic, heskey

basically i play a 4 2 2 2 at home rotating wingers and strikers, velouso and cesc play well in the middle, although cesc isnt performing too well for me post patch

away a 4 1 3 2 with 3 cms and sarrwos going to sm for 2, i play a diamond sometimes with fernandez when hes fit to play at the top of it

ill give a quick breakdown of my general thoughts now its season 3

lehman is good for 2 years and declines, fabianski improves but isnt good enough to start imo and akinfeev is a beast

toure and gallas are awesome! djourou is amazing cover and probably gonna start when gallas leaves or retires! nordtveit also looks like hell become amazing too! good job i let senderos go!

clichy is a great lb, gets a few assists and is good defensively but traore looks like he becomes much better statwise, still start clichy atm

sagna is good but is prone to errors some times, hoyte is very solid and his stats dont tell the true story...diddnt give eboue a chance as i dont rate him and barca offered loads

dm wise, silva is great! but sold him second season for 10 mill, velouso is easily as good and can play cb and cm and can dictate play and is great creatively and technically! advise him! diarra is also a great dm! lil makalele! happy to be rotated and get a few games too

cm wise cesc is unspectacular for me, amazing stats and have him as playmaker (hes missing dictates tempo though) and he gets forward alot, misses a hell of alot of long rangers for me! maybe i need to unshackle him? diaby doesnt cut it imo...could be good as he has goodish stats though...denilson is good, both at cm and dm

ams....rosicky is a monster, loads of assists! scores many free kicks (pre patch especially) good in the middle too at being a playmaker....hleb is good, very solid...shame he wants to leave...quaresma is great, good dribbler, scores a couplw and gets loads of assists, worth buying, 10 mill is cheap i think...arteta looks great! stats dont rflect his passing and wing play ability imo, i bet he becomes an assist beast for me....fernandez, amazing! assist king, long range shooter and amc playmaker master, injured on my game but when he plays hes a beast

strikers, vp and eduardo underperformed for me so i sold them (seemed better as aml/r) adebayour was ok, alot of assists but patchy goalscoring form, sold him for 40 mill to milan lol! amauri is amazing! super striker, scores every type of goal and the squad love him, prolific for me! theo is amazing too, misses some chances as his finishing is low but he is so quick and great wide right too! vela is a pure beast, as is bendy! super target man! those 2 are the future! zigic cost alot but is the best tm in the game imo, so tall and good at heading and scoring with the ball at his feet...20 goal a season tm definitely! heskey i havnt used much, but hes strong and good aerially so hes just cover atm

ill let you know how my game goes, played for 7 hours yesterday lol!

sorry bout the essay just helping people with my opinions on players who are already here/worth buying

Originally posted by Darklinkz:

Okay..look...I am still wondering if I should sell Gilberto to Inter Milan for 10mil, and I am in August 07/08 and please will I have any problems if I dont have Gilberto?

i would (and have sold) Gilberto for 10M as you have the likes of Flamini, Diaby, Denilson, Diarra as replacements

Lol forgot to tell ya, that Diarra is the only one in my squad..

Flamini, Diaby, Denilson = all loaned out...

But don't think it will make a big impact on my Game since i play :

FW FW

AMC

LMF MC/DMC RMF

LB CB CB RB

So I usually play Fabregas in MC and Gilberto, Diarra in DMC but its kinda a rotation since if Fabregas is tired I rest him and I play a DMC so do you think it will affect my game if I sold Gilberto?

Lol forgot to tell ya, that Diarra is the only one in my squad..

Flamini, Diaby, Denilson = all loaned out...

But don't think it will make a big impact on my Game since i play :

FW FW

AMC

LMF MC/DMC RMF

LB CB CB RB

So I usually play Fabregas in MC and Gilberto, Diarra in DMC but its kinda a rotation since if Fabregas is tired I rest him and I play a DMC so do you think it will affect my game if I sold Gilberto?

isn't there anyway you could loan back one of those players? as until they are back i wouldn't sell Gilberto

Originally posted by thebigman1985:

just done 2 seasons and messed up a bit on transfers, went a bit ott!

anyway won the league first season which i discussed here earlier, league cup semi, fa cup quarter i think anbd champions league quarter

anyway, second season i won the league again! and fergy retired after cus i pipped utd! also won the league cup 3-1 vs hammers in the final

got to the champions league semis! lost to chelsea on away goals rule, lost 1-0 at the bridge and won 4-3 at home! very annoying, seemed to make pandev score every chance where ny players missed alot of shots (still got 4)

anyway transfers in season 3

akinfeev 20 mill + extras

arteta 20 mill from valencia (hleb wanted to leave, needed cover/starter who is awesome and he is! but cost alot and for some reason no one is intrested in hleb now hes transfer listed....stupid si!)

heskey on a free! (zigic is out for 3 months and need tm cover for bendy!)

saivet came for 3.5 mill

got a french rb with great potential for cheap, gonna loan him out!

free transfered some weak reserves

sold diaby to tottenham (poor for me, got 7.5 mill for him)

loaned merida to the villa for a season

anyway my squad is this, 1st team at least

akinfeev, lehman, fabianski

hoyte, sagna

clichy, traore

toure, gallas, djourou, Nordtveit (looks amazing at start of 3rd, everyone wants him!)

cesc, velouso, diarra, denilson, fernandez

hleb, rosicky, arteta, quaresma, aaritolo

amauri, vela, bendtner, zigic, heskey

basically i play a 4 2 2 2 at home rotating wingers and strikers, velouso and cesc play well in the middle, although cesc isnt performing too well for me post patch

away a 4 1 3 2 with 3 cms and sarrwos going to sm for 2, i play a diamond sometimes with fernandez when hes fit to play at the top of it

ill give a quick breakdown of my general thoughts now its season 3

lehman is good for 2 years and declines, fabianski improves but isnt good enough to start imo and akinfeev is a beast

toure and gallas are awesome! djourou is amazing cover and probably gonna start when gallas leaves or retires! nordtveit also looks like hell become amazing too! good job i let senderos go!

clichy is a great lb, gets a few assists and is good defensively but traore looks like he becomes much better statwise, still start clichy atm

sagna is good but is prone to errors some times, hoyte is very solid and his stats dont tell the true story...diddnt give eboue a chance as i dont rate him and barca offered loads

dm wise, silva is great! but sold him second season for 10 mill, velouso is easily as good and can play cb and cm and can dictate play and is great creatively and technically! advise him! diarra is also a great dm! lil makalele! happy to be rotated and get a few games too

cm wise cesc is unspectacular for me, amazing stats and have him as playmaker (hes missing dictates tempo though) and he gets forward alot, misses a hell of alot of long rangers for me! maybe i need to unshackle him? diaby doesnt cut it imo...could be good as he has goodish stats though...denilson is good, both at cm and dm

ams....rosicky is a monster, loads of assists! scores many free kicks (pre patch especially) good in the middle too at being a playmaker....hleb is good, very solid...shame he wants to leave...quaresma is great, good dribbler, scores a couplw and gets loads of assists, worth buying, 10 mill is cheap i think...arteta looks great! stats dont rflect his passing and wing play ability imo, i bet he becomes an assist beast for me....fernandez, amazing! assist king, long range shooter and amc playmaker master, injured on my game but when he plays hes a beast

strikers, vp and eduardo underperformed for me so i sold them (seemed better as aml/r) adebayour was ok, alot of assists but patchy goalscoring form, sold him for 40 mill to milan lol! amauri is amazing! super striker, scores every type of goal and the squad love him, prolific for me! theo is amazing too, misses some chances as his finishing is low but he is so quick and great wide right too! vela is a pure beast, as is bendy! super target man! those 2 are the future! zigic cost alot but is the best tm in the game imo, so tall and good at heading and scoring with the ball at his feet...20 goal a season tm definitely! heskey i havnt used much, but hes strong and good aerially so hes just cover atm

ill let you know how my game goes, played for 7 hours yesterday lol!

Get Rid of Heskey.....

isn't there anyway you could loan back one of those players? as until they are back i wouldn't sell Gilberto

not sure cuz i dont know how to recall them back...so maybe i will keep gilberto and see if i can sell him for a higher price next season or at january

not sure cuz i dont know how to recall them back...so maybe i will keep gilberto and see if i can sell him for a higher price next season or at january </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you keep him till January, yu'll only get a lower price... Sell him.. and possibly look for one of your defenders whose secondary skill is DM... Hightst you can use Abou Diaby in that position too..

Archived