FM2008 - Arsenal FC. mo money, no problems edition.

hughsieb

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rangers fan here , so i started a game with Arsenal and got my transfer budget up to 41 m by adgusting the budgets and changing my expectations.

Ins

Boruc 13.5 m (overpayed i know icon_smile.gif)

Alan Hutton 3.7 (Fans love him already )

Michael Owen 14.25

Henri Saivet

Ever Banega

Breno

Last 3 are in my reserves getting trained up icon_biggrin.gif

Outs

Almunia 2.4

Gilberto Silva 7m

Started the season in winning ways beating West Ham 2-0 at the emirates a double from Van Persie

will keep yous updated on how im getting on

Ahh i started again another corrupt file.

and im glad as i finally bought BOJAN!

For once he accepted my offer i was shocked and Delighted

So

Ins

Bojan Free icon_biggrin.gif

Felipe £3.9m

Outs

Flamini Loan

1st XI

GK Felipe

LB Clichy

RB Sagna

CB Toure

CB Gallas

CDM Cesc

CAM Hleb

LAM Rosicky

RAM Van Persie

ST Bojan

ST Aguero

Can anyone point me in the direction of an easy to use Arsenal facepack and premiership team logos pack (maybe with simple installation instructions, I am a technophobe of the highest order.)

Also, can any one help me?

I signed Daniel Alves for £17.5m at the end of the 1st season (he was transfer listed). I sold Eduardo at the start of the 08-09 season and he kicked up a fuss about it. Being the hard**** manager I am, I told him that I was the boss and I make the decisions (bloody kids)

Next day he demands a transfer which I decline. Its now April 2009, he's a regular starter, and he still wants to leave. Shall i keep him, or sell him to Chelsea for £30m and get Lorenzo di Silverstre (or whatever his name is) from Lazio (who I quite like the look of)

I know loads of people already have but I cannot recommend Aguero enough, 50 plus goals two seasons running.

Fabio Aureilio was a revelation, transfer listed end of 2nd season at liverpool, got him 2.7 mil and he replaced clichy as if had never left.

almost halfway through 4th season, want to get messi in the summer, I have got all my proposed targets apart from him right now pretty much.

oh with a 4-5-1 formation how many strikers do you recommend, currently i have bendtner, adebayor, eduardo (more on the left wing), van persie, pandev. i'm thinking i should sell at least one because i'm having to do continual rotation

I always like to have atleast 4-5 strikers in my squad tbh. I always play with 2 upfront though. In your case, I suppose 3 should be fine with maybe a couple of youngsters (Saivet?) in the reserves just in case. Out of those I'd recommend definitely keeping RVP, Pandev and Bendtner. Sell off either Eduardo or Adebayor or both. My personal preference would be Eduardo because he's just rubbish for me whenever I play him and he's also quite injury prone.

Well guys i just tried that mini-scout program out and Carlos Vela came out with a 197 PA---now how is that realistic ? He is going to be just as good as Ronaldinho and better than Kaka..lol. I need a word with the research team at SI.

No, it means that he has the POTENTIAL to be as good/better than those guys. Unfortunately theres no way of knowing how good these kids will turn out to be. So SI has given them -10 values which means they can be anywhere between 170-200 (I think?). The game randomly generates their PA after that. You'll probably find its different in the next game you start. Its the game will all the -10's, -9's and so on. Sometimes a -9 will turn out better than a -10. All of these kids are showing a LOT of potential irl and they could well become the best in the world. I think its the best possible way that SI could be fair in the game.

Originally posted by c20th_boy:

if what theincrediblehulk says is true, i might lay off buying a top-drawer keeper and just bring in grohe for the future. have sold almunia for £3 million so have the cash for grohe if i need.

just played my first proper game and flayed spurs 5-1 at white hart lane. farfan scored 4 on his debut from aml!

team was:

gk: lehmann

dr: eboue

dl: marcelo

dc: toure

dc: gallas

mc(barrow): veloso

mc: fabregas

amr: van persie

amc: fernandez

aml: farfan

st: pandev

ditched rosicky (£11 million) since my last post and brought in van der vaart (£10 million + 20% sell-on) instead. leaves me shorter on the wings but now i've got someone to rotate with fernandez at amc. still got hleb, walcott, aaritalo, farfan, modric, van persie and fernandez himself who can play out wide though so i should be fine.

into february now and am top by one point. did some business in january. breno came in for £5 million and djourou and traore came back from birmingham. clichy went to chelsea for £20 million (they asked how much, i said £20 million and then the sodding board accepted it), senderos went to juventus for £5 million and i sold pandev back to italy for £12 million (broke even on him after 1 league goal in 15 starts, an average rating of 6.70 - rotten start and he couldn't settle). had a bid accepted for aguero but he couldn't get a work permit so now i'm left with adebayor (9 goals so far in the league) and bentdner as my spearheads up front which isn't great. hopefully neither of them will get injured...

having a nightmare at the back at the moment - toure and eboue are at the african nations and sagna is out for 2 months. got marcelo as first choice left back and hoyte at right back, with gallas and breno in the middle.

got knocked out of the league cup by bristol (sent the kids out) but am still in the fa cup and am in the first knockout round of the champions league.

first XI (when all fit)

gk: lehmann

dr: sagna

dl: marcelo

dc: toure

dc: gallas

dmc: veloso

mc: fabregas

amc: van der vaart

aml: fernandez

amr: van persie

fc: adebayor

subs:

fabianski

breno

banega

farfan

bentdner

got £35 million to spend so will carry on trying to get aguero but his work permit keeps get refused. very annoying...!

Need a good LB, Traore had been useless to me

If you've got good CB's, then let Gallas play there. He does a wonderful job at LB. If Djourou is with you, he's as good as Gallas at CB. Will make a mistake or two until he gets a little experience though.

Also give Sagna a go there if you have another RB who can slot in for him. Justin Hoyte is an option but wouldnt recommend him unless its an emergency!

Else, try Criscito, Esparza, Marcelo, Shorey, Evra, Riise. There are plenty. Not sure if Evra and Riise will come and not sure how much the others will cost either. Esparza should be cheap but he's not that good defensively. Neither is Marcelo. But have a look at them anyway.

I have my squad here for 3rd season , actually i like to use mostly Arsenal original player , just because i love Arsenal . I will only sell some players that i dun really like ... here my squad

GK - Frey

DR - Sagna

DL - Clichy (personally i think he is underrated)

DC - Toure

DC - Gallas (32 , but captain )

DM - Veloso

AMR - Rosicky /Hleb

AML - V.Persie

AMC - Fabregas

FC - Adebayor (2nd season top goal scorer)

FC - Gyan (he is good in air , so i need him)

Question , so i can get V.D.Vaart on FREE end of season , what do you think ? should i sign him but where should i play him ?

I can see my weakness , maybe Clichy not good enough on left back there , then Rosicky and Hleb doesnt have enough pace , but i dun really wan to sell them ...

what ur opinion ?

Thanks

ak316x

The squad looks fine as is but what are the backups you have? As for improvements, you could look to get in another CB to replace Gallas (Djourou and Senderos are both good). Clichy is a VERY good LB. I dont know why people like to get rid of him because he's always solid for me. And Traore is great as well. Start giving him a few games and get him some experience.

As for VDV, on a free its a no-brainer. Get him as he'll come in handy when you need to rest Fabregas. He's an extremely good player in any case and will get you plenty of goals from FK's and open play as well. Worst comes to worst, you can easily offload him next season and make a good profit on him.

The other areas are fine. If Hleb's playing well for you (he a hit and miss. Plays well for some, and is horrible for others) then keep him. Rosicky, dont ever offload. He's a brilliant player who'll get you many vital goals and also plenty of assists. Not to mention, he can play in a lot of places. You might consider getting someone for AML. RVP is amazing upfront and is wasted on the wings imo. He's a 30-40 goals a second man easily. Also gets plenty of assists. icon14.gif

Originally posted by theincrediblehulk:

c20th_boy :

If you still have Diarra play him at RB. He's pretty good there. Better than Hoyte anyway. Also, you can put Toure there if you need to. He plays just as good there and Djourou/Breno can take over as CB. Thats why I love our defence. They are all so versatile even irl.

thanks for the suggestions guys.

sold diarra i'm afraid. still got sagna to come back from injury and eboue to come back from the african nations (toure is still there as well) so i think i might move gallas to right back as a temporary measure (hoyte has been poor to say the least) and play breno and djourou in the middle. breno has been fairly shaky to start with (it'll take him time to settle though i guess) but people seem to be saying good things about djourou so that's cool. samba is back training again now as well...

definitely need a new left back though in the summer. i don't think marcelo is solid enough defensively and there appear to be reservations about traore. any suggestions would be appreciated!

on the good news front though, i've finally managed to get a work permit for aguero (£24 million up front, with £10 million staggered over 24 months). he's coming in july - hurrah!

theincrediblehulk : thanks there , i 'Love' Clichy very much as well , i mean the game (SI) is underrated him , hehe . so if i get V.D.Vaart for free , i might train him at AML and play him there ? but if V.persie play 2nd FC .. mean Gyan will be sub , but he win a lot of Header in my team..

Backups

Djourou

Cesar Arzo - might play depend who i meet

Diarra

Diaby

Eduardo - dun really like him

Vela - Hot prospect

others like Bendtner , Torje , Denilson , Traore , Norveith , in reserve team and some on loan to others clubs ..

I got 200+ million transfer budget in hand .

my Clubs value already hit 1B ...

I need help of who I should sell because I have a really big squad, please help me suggest who I should sell and Im in 2009/10 which i might sell Gallas and Gilberto cuz they are getting old and is Lassana Diarra good? Cuz he havnt done anything good yet, I am also thinking of selling Eduardo since I already have two left wingers.

squadea8.th.jpg

ak316x

No there's no point re-training VDV. He's brilliant as an AMC. Just keep him with you an give him a few games every now and then. When Fab gets injured or needs a rest, play VDV. Suppose you need a goal with like 15-20 mins to go but are not creating much and Fabregas is being shut out of the game by the opposition, get VDV in as a sub. He's got great freekicks and long shots and is likely to get you a goal. Sometimes, you'll probably put you team on all out attack. Again, VDV would be very useful here. If he doesnt work out, offload him after a year for 15-20M. You cant go wrong! icon_smile.gif

As for Gyan being dropped to the bench, I dont think its a big problem. RVP for me, is undroppable. He scores so many goals and sets up just as many. I'd rotate Gyan and Adebayor and play RVP upfront. But if its working out for you, then stick with it. Dont mess with a winning combination.

Bendtner and Vela are brilliant players. Give them some games to help them develop and they'll bang the goals in. Bendtner, after the first season, is good enough to start in my game. I'm actually thinking of selling Adebayor because Bendtner is much better. Vela is just sheer genius. Give them some games mate. In a year or two, they'll be your best players.

Eduardo is never been great for me either. The way I play, he just doesnt fit in the system. I'm gonna sell him off as well. So if you get a decent deal, then let him go. icon14.gif

Darklinkz

Imo, get rid of:

Eduardo - you have better strikers and he's rubbish on the wings.

Laurent Robert - too old and not good enough imo.

Walcott - sell him unless you plan to play him as AMR. Or atleast send him out on loan.

Flamini - very under-rated in the game. Sell him.

Merida - loan. Dont sell.

Gallas - too old.

Gilberto - too old. (although I'm gonna keep him till he ends his career for sentimental reasons icon_smile.gif)

Palacio/Adebayor/Bendtner - sell ONE of them. I'd keep Bendtner though because I just think he's brilliant. And also, he's a homegrown player which helps in the CL. They are all good strikers but you have too many. Vela, RVP, Fred are all brilliant so dont sell any of them.

I think that should get your squad down to managable proportions. Sell Denilson as well if he's become too whiny (he does many times). As for Diarra, dont sell him. He's a great DM and a very good RB as well. Does a job even as a CB. Many people dont realise it but he's one of the better DM's in the game. There are very few who are better than him. Hope this helps. icon14.gif

Set them up for transfer, then see if anybody is interested, if anybody is interested then offer to clubs.

It depends on what part of the season your in tho, if its pre-season I wouldnt mind to much if the players I wanted sold became unhappy, tho if your in the middle of a season its not good to have players unhappy disrupting the morale of your team.

Just wondering should I "Offer to Clubs" or List them for transfer? Because once I offer to clubs, they get unhappy which is a kingsize headache to me

Do they have any clubs interested in them? They should have a "wnt" icon infront of their names. If they have that then offer them to the club. Try to put what YOU think is a good sum first. They'll probably decline to make a bid. Then you could offer again a couple of times and see if they bid. If you dont need the money, then just offer them for 0 upfront and the rest over 12 or 24 months (depending of who the player is). You can get more money that way (I sold Eboue for 5M upfront, 40M over 24months and 50% sell on!).

If that doesnt work, then just transfer list them and hope for the best. I hate transfer listing my players because it usually brings their value down atrociously. But maybe you could list them, then when a couple of clubs get interested take him off the transfer list and then offer to the clubs? Might work that way. Or you might try to include them in a deal for some other players you're trying to buy. It's especially useful if that team is looking for a player in the particular position.

As for Senderos, yes he's a very good CB. Very solid but his only problem is the lack of pace. I put him on intensive aerobic training in preseason to get his pace up and now its up to a decent 13. But I couldnt help but notice that you dont have Djourou in that squad. You havent sold him have you? If not, then get him into the senior team. He's extremely good. Very under-rated imo. He's inexperienced though so you could play him in the matches where you're gonna come up against a particularly quick attack (Man Utd). Senderos is more reliable for atleast a season though. Djourou will be great after 1 season of some experience. And dont send him on loan to get him the experience because I've notcied it doesnt really work much. He'll gain more my staying with you and playing in the FA Cup and CC against the smaller teams. Should get about 20 odd games in the season and that'll be fine.

I am shocked...

Why do you guys sell Hleb and Rosicky and the get RVP and someone else to play on their positions...

You aren't getting any better players for Arsenal than Hleb and Rosicky... they are just amazing!

But it's your team anyway.

IMO all you need in Arsenal is one strong striker like Gyan Asamoah and a good GK (Lloris for instance). I don't know if it's my tactics or sth else but my strikers don't score as much as the so called "messiah"(who is crap in rl imo). All the rest players you have in your squad and the youngsters that come form the academy are just amazing!

Players you should get rid off IMO:

Flamini - underrated

Gilberto - You have Diarra there and he's just amazing DM!

Walcott - I guess he's a good winger but he never turned out to be the star player I think he will be in rl!

Lehman - you could use him for the first ~20 games but that's all...

Almunia - He's ok, good backup, if you play him a few games you can get a good offer for him(5-10mil).

Players you should never sell:

Traore and Clichy - They are both weaklings in the beginning but they turn out to be world class later on.

Song and Diarra - Amazing players! One of the best midfielders in the game.

Rosicky and Hleb - Building the success of my team together with cesc.

Fabregas - He's probably the best player in the game. My leading goalscorrer with over 20 goals per season and as much assists! Which irritates me a bit because I want my strikers to score more.

The rest of the players in the squad are all good but replaceable it's up to you to decide what to do but just for the sake of keeping the Arsenal spirit you should hang onto them.

I had a sensational 1st season

1st Season report

Players In

Aguero £50m

Quaresma £15m

Bojan Free (Somehow he finally joined because hes dad joined as a scout)

Akinfeev £24.5m

Outs

Rosicky £20m

Eboue £10m

Almunia £2.5m

Ade £5.25m

Lehmann Free

Diaby £10m

Senderos £2.5m

1st XI

GK Akinfeev

LB Clichy

RB Sagna

CB Toure

CB Gallas

LAM RVP

RAM Quaresma

CDM Gilberto

CAM Cesc

ST Bendtner

ST Aguero

Premiership

Winners

FA Cup

Beat Liverpool 3-2 to be crowned champions

League cup

out in 4th round

CL

Champions beat R.Madrid 3-2 in the final

Top Scorers

Aguero 29

Bendtner 29

Assists

Aguero 17

RVP 15

Bendtner 13

Ave Rating

Bendtner 7.36

Aguero 7.34

So i won the TREBLE in the first year icon_biggrin.gif

But the most amazing thing

CL Dream team

I had 11 players in it 11! it was just my team!

A quick note Bendtner only played 40 games to get his 29 i was playing Bojan and Aguero but the partnership didnt kick off so i tried the big man little man Bendtner Aguero partnership and it was quality.

Areas i reckon i can improve

RB Sagna just wasnt too great this season.

LW RVP Again didnt play too good this season.

So i thought get a few good youngsters as backup and a LW and a RB.

Also player values have rocketed Walcott and Especially Bendtner im getting £15m bids in for Theo and £25m for Bendtner

Both were swiftly turned down.

So New season start of season 2

I needed a new Ass. Man as P.Rice left to take the Burnley job.

So i employed Marcel Desailly FB stats and dirt cheap.

Transfer Budget

After winning the Treble i expected a big kitty and i got a massive £90m

In's

Silva £47.5m

Richards £37m

Outs

Bojan Loan

Song Loan

Nordtveit Loan

Merida Loan

Fabiaski Loan

Murphy Loan

Hleb £2.5m (Was causing trouble in the club)

Vela Loan

RVP £20m

Traore Loan

Denilson Loan

So 2008 Starting XI

GK Akinfeev

LB Clichy

CB Toure

CB Gallas

RB Richards

CDM Gilberto

CAM Cesc

LAM Silva

RAM Quaresma

ST Bendtner

ST Aguero

Just before the Pre Season despite having another year on my contract i negotiated to stay at the club for another 5 years till 2013.

Im trying to build an Arsenal Empire

My GK is young

My RB/LB is young

Djourou and Nordtveit good replacements for the current CB's

CDM Song and Denilson good replacements for Gilberto

CAM Cesc is still very young

LAM Silva great for the future

RAM Quaresma Still young

ST Aguero Walcott Bendtner Vela Bojan all great young stars!

I personally believe now i dont have to buy anyone else for 4 years and ill try to spend as little as possible.

What does everyone think of my team and my 1st year Success.

Originally posted by dannyboi123456:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">RVP £20m

WHAT THE F**K LMAO you sold him for 25 mil on sa#tart of second season. im in november 2008 and in the summer i was getting bids of 37 mil from Ac milan ( i only didnt accept as there were buying all my players :| Gallas, Lehmann, Senderos, Gilberto, Diarra) Wierd or what LOL </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He was disrupting the club was a backup player and everyone hated him.

I was delighted to get rid of him.

Archived