FM2008 - Arsenal FC. mo money, no problems edition.

hughsieb

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Premiership:

At the end of the transfer window on the first season heres my transfers in/out and league table.

table.jpg

Transfers.jpg

im trying to comprehend how you can completely mangle a team so completely in a single transfer window.

Samuel is good and all but you're trading down by getting rid of Toure for him.

Rosicky is one of the best A/MC's in the game, it's not 2002 and Kewell isnt playing for Leed's. In fact, Kewell is barely playing for anyone, he's past his used by date in real life and in it's reflected by his average stats in game.

You've overpaid for Marcelo, Palacio is pretty good but extraneous seeing as you already have three top line forwards Poulsen is ok but there are much better and younger DM's around to replace GIlberto with.

dont even start me on the transfer fee's you've received. criminal!

I hate the board.

So far they have forced me to sell Diaby, Clichy and Fabregas.

I did make a killing them though icon_wink.gif

Diaby 10m to Newcastle in the first season

Clichy 20m to Chelsea end of the first season

Fabregas 37m to Inter Milan end of August of first season

Their replacements on the other hand have been rocking.

Sold 70m worth

Bought 77m worth

FM08-1.JPG

Originally posted by Fabregas18:

In the end of january transfer window in 1st season:

First Team Squad

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/8040/arsenalfirstteamsquadwc7.png

Reserve Squad

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/2473/arsenalreservesquadsn6.png

U-18 Squad

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/5177/arsenalu18squadny5.png

Arsenal Staff

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/4613/arsenalstaff1qx5.png

Confidence screen

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/8902/arsenalconfidencesummarmw1.png

Transfer History

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/6813/arsenaltransferhistory1wy5.png

Premier League Table

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/3310/arsenalpremierleaguetabca0.png

I'm looking for an LB to buy in July. He sholdn't be over 23 years old, but he must be quite good to be a backup for Marcelo.

Don't you think you've over spent? You have spent over 5 times as much in one season as i did in 5 seasons of FM07 (I haven't got 08 yet)

If you were going to spend that much you may as well have been Chelsea, Arsenal aren't about spending 150m a season, you already had a fantastic young side was there any need to overspend that drastically? icon_confused.gif

Originally posted by Premiership:

At the end of the transfer window on the first season heres my transfers in/out and league table.

table.jpg

Transfers.jpg

That has got to be the single worst transfer activity I've ever seen. Kolo for 5M? Denilson 1M?? Rosicky 9M? Even Gilberto could have gone for more! Unless you've put in ridiculous clauses like 50M over 24months or 30M after 10 games or something none of those transfers make the least bit of sense mate! Thats more atrocious than Henry going for 16M!!!

And Palacio can be bought EASILY for under 9M. You dont even have to try too hard for that. Samuel for 13M and you sell Kolo for 5? Kewell is ok backup I suppose. Poulsen is decent but there Gilberto is 10 times the player he is and also, you can do better than Poulsen!!

Wow!! icon_eek.gif

Dont sack Rice. He's decent enough. Dont renew his contract if you wish but dont sack him. Let him see it out. Then when its approaching the end, make the decision if you want to improve or not. Rice is a favourite with a few of the young players and sacking him might not go down too well with them. Also, he is TERRIFIC at handing the younger ones.

Dont listen to him when purchasing players though. His "judging player potential" and "judging player ability" is pretty poor. For that, listen to your scouts.

guys.. most of the time when teams enquire the price of my players, i will state their market price. Every time they think its too expensive and dropped the interest. I have no wish to sell the players below their value price either.

Any suggestions?

guys.. most of the time when teams enquire the price of my players, i will state their market price. Every time they think its too expensive and dropped the interest. I have no wish to sell the players below their value price either.

Any suggestions?

How do you know their market price?? You can only see what they're valued at but not how much they'd sell for (or am I missing something?).

Guest Gooners_4_ever

Alrite everyone!

Im new to football manager (havent played since 2005 edition). Its my 1st season with arsenal and im in december. Im presently in forth place with 3 games in hand, which is alrite. But my team doesnt seam to be perfoming well. I play a 4-5-1 formation as i ahave alot of quality attacking players. I also loaned out a number of younger squad players to gain experience. If anyone has any advice to help my team perform better it will be apreciated!

Heres my squad by the way (hopefully the screne shot has come up)

fmarsenalgo8.png

yer suppose so but wouldve liked the win make it a litle bit more secure icon_razz.gif btw..... how much would anyone pay for veloso or garay at end of first season? im looking to improve my defence and goalkeeper with lehmann close to retiring

Originally posted by rtgr:

shouldve been a win :@:@

hit the post twice, missed the open goal off the rebound twice, let in a pretty soft free kick, dominated possession but didn't really have too much of a cutting edge up forward.

arsenal circa 2006.

guess we shouldnt really complain about a 1-all at Anfield because it is a good result but i do see it as two points dropped. liverpool were always going to come out and play hard after midweek.

Eboues and Carraghers dirtyness stats should be upped to 20.

Originally posted by hughsieb:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rtgr:

shouldve been a win :@:@

hit the post twice, missed the open goal off the rebound twice, let in a pretty soft free kick, dominated possession but didn't really have too much of a cutting edge up forward.

arsenal circa 2006.

guess we shouldnt really complain about a 1-all at Anfield because it is a good result but i do see it as two points dropped. liverpool were always going to come out and play hard after midweek.

Eboues and Carraghers dirtyness stats should be upped to 20. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol carragher easily god knows why we didnt get that peno :S cant believe cesc fab and bendtner

Originally posted by dannyboi123456:

Hey people

Anyways, I need help on who to buy. Its my first season with The Gunners and I now have 27 Million ( after a request to my best "pals" the board )

This is who Ive bought at the moment

arsenaltransferskh2.th.jpg

Any suggestions ?

marcelo from real madrid a must buy

Originally posted by dannyboi123456:

Hey people

Anyways, I need help on who to buy. Its my first season with The Gunners and I now have 27 Million ( after a request to my best "pals" the board )

This is who Ive bought at the moment

arsenaltransferskh2.th.jpg

Any suggestions ?

what kind of formation are you gonna use? as you have a lot very good attacking players

Ummm im lost were to be playing him really as at the moment ive got him in the denfensive mid postion and making him do a forward runs.

thats what he is doing for me hes got an average rating of 7.22 which isnt too good

i have hleb rm and he is most probally my bets player atm

i am going to retrain fabregas to be a dm i ave already made him a amc

why do people buy another amc? first season i've retrained cesc at amc n thats where i play him hes worth 24mil 4th behind only ronaldinho kaka and messi and hes amazing there why struggle on where to play him put him in amc n that postion will be filled 4 about 14 years lol

Originally posted by Proud9:

Been trying to get Rooney and Ronaldo for 2 seasons. Man U rejected all my bids i even offered 100 mil and they wanted 160 mil for Ronaldo and 121 mil for Rooney, but i had a bid of 32mil accepted for Kaka.

Haha, same here. I've been trying to get ronaldo for so long. I don't even need him. I have silva, saviet, guadardo, etc.

Originally posted by theincrediblehulk:

Anyone played with Kevin Doyle yet?? Is he any good on the game? I'd love to have him at Arsenal irl, but am not sure in the game. He's got good stats and all but is he consistent and does he score heavy??? icon_confused.gif

lead the premiership scoring in my first two seasons, playing for Reading. 30+ goals a season if i can recall correctly. i'd have had higher scorers but i had a pretty serious rotation going on.

First season, came 2nd by a point icon_frown.gif (if I only got a goal in the wigan game I dominated in, would have won), in FA cup final and CL final....Real Madrid made a bid of 15 up front and 18m over 24 months for rosicky, should I sell him? He had an average year.

Sorry to be so blunt just want some thoughts quickly icon_smile.gif Thanks.

Sell Rosicky if he had an average season. Although he's been terrific for me. You might not be playing him right? I dont know. But thats decent enough money for him. Try to get Madrid to cough up the 18M over 12 months.

Guardado wouldnt cost anything less than 20M btw. In my game, he's going for 30 odd!!! But very good player he is.

Archived