FM2008 - Arsenal FC. mo money, no problems edition.

hughsieb

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by jonahno6:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Officially the best thread of the forum?! Wink Cool

I think my Ligue 1 thread gives it a close run icon_wink.gif

Looks cracking Arsenal_2111, a buy for future games as I doubt he'll join Lille </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He is. Has been my skipper for a good few seasons now, and he has great stats but nothing compares to his performances.

A couple of seasons ago he got a cruciate ligament injury, and hasnt quite been the same since.

A must signing for anyone who wants a CM/AMC.

But no, I doubt he would join Lille. Maybe after alot of praise.

i was thinkin about doing that, but denilson, fabregas and bodmer have had great seasons, all well over 7 on average and denilson has got himself quite a few goals, about 8 or 9

i thought id play him so he developed and had to play bodmer because he cost 20 million lol

do you think i should drop denilson or bodmer for a more attacking player then?

Hey guys, got a very quick question for you.

Am currently playing a new save as Arsenal, midway through December. Just wondering if, assuming your finances are in good order; does the board provide you with extra cash for the transfer fund during the January transfer window?

My balance is hovering around the 65million mark.

Cheers guys and I'll write up a full piece on how my season's going when I get midway through January.

Many thanks, Creeo.

Originally posted by theincrediblehulk:

Cant anybody provide me with a screenshot of Giovani Dos Santos once he's fully developed? Will me much appreciated. Maybe when he's around 23/24? Just agreed to sign him on a free and although I've had him before, never long enough to see how he fully turns out.

Oh and also Omar Benzerga and Mario Balotelli. Thanx. icon14.gif

Benzerga x 2 please

Originally posted by Cr33o:

Hey guys, got a very quick question for you.

Am currently playing a new save as Arsenal, midway through December. Just wondering if, assuming your finances are in good order; does the board provide you with extra cash for the transfer fund during the January transfer window?

My balance is hovering around the 65million mark.

Cheers guys and I'll write up a full piece on how my season's going when I get midway through January.

Many thanks, Creeo.

no, they normally dont.

arsenal_2111

Wish I had the patience to go as far in mate! But must become boring after a while when you dont have any "real" players around no?

Wilshere looks amazing. Hope he develops like that for me. Although, I would like him technique to be a bit better.

If Balotelli, Dos Santos and Benzerga are still on your game and not on a decline, any chance of a screenie mate??

Taylor_08

Good squad. Ronaldinho is a legend but do you really need him? You'd be better off investing in Silva who's younger and just as good.

You can do with another GK. Let Lehmann go. If you've already offered him a new contract, put him in your reserves. If you still have Fabianski, get him into your first team. He'll be good enough as backup. If you sold him, try to get Ben Foster. He becomes very good and gives you another English player in your side.

Pique is a good choice. Sell off Gallas and Garay imo. Get another CB in if you want. Otherwise the likes of Sakho and Nordtveit can get a few games. Bodmer is excellent at CB too so in case of an emergency you can use him there.

I'd look to sell Eboue and get in some other RB. Maybe Behrami of if you want an attacking option, go for Rafinha. I really hate Eboue!!

Sell Hleb, you wont be needing him. The rest looks good. You can sell Eduardo as well if you want. Carlos Vela should be good enough for the smaller games and you need to develop him as he becomes phenomenol.

As for formation, Bodmer is great going forward tbh. Just put Fabregas and Bodmer to go forward and Denilson in middle with the back arrow.

Cr33o

They dont normally. But if you didnt ask them for extra funds at the start of the season, ask them in Jan and they might oblige.

arsenal_2111

Wish I had the patience to go as far in mate! But must become boring after a while when you dont have any "real" players around no?

Wilshere looks amazing. Hope he develops like that for me. Although, I would like him technique to be a bit better.

If Balotelli, Dos Santos and Benzerga are still on your game and not on a decline, any chance of a screenie mate??

It does get weird, but I started using MiniScout(to find good players, not to edit AT ALL), because I view it as a way of finding good regens, like people use this forum to find good players. So IMO if using MiniScout is cheating then so is using this forum!

Wilshere is great, favorite player on FM08!

I will get the s.s's for you now...

Thanx for that mate. Shame as none of them seem to have reached their potential. Benzerga and Dos Santos look about the same as they do on my game in the 2nd season! Balotelli looks better but not by much.

Hmmm, well I've got Benzerga already and Dos Santos on the way. Hopefully, they'll develop into awesome player.

Cheers for the screenies. icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by DiscoStu94:

My Arsenal gamewent corrupt for some reason. So I am starting again, trying to buy the same players as before, but this time I can only spend £5M altogether every season.

icon_eek.gif

You going to sign youth(Saivet, Sakho, Sankhare) etc or are you going to blow it?

GK B Costil £750K

GK J Delle Free

GK D De Gea £7K

DR F Duplus Free

DL J Mattock £2M

DC M Sakho Free

DC A Tuia Free

DM O Benzerga Free

DM Y Sankhare Free

DM Cala Free

AMC N Jevtic Free

AMC H Saivet Free

AMC Thiago Free

AMC M Pjanic Free

ST V Acpandie Free

ST D Le Tallec Free

Youth it is.....

Originally posted by DiscoStu94:

GK B Costil £750K

GK J Delle Free

GK D De Gea £7K

DR F Duplus Free

DL J Mattock £2M

DC M Sakho Free

DC A Tuia Free

DM O Benzerga Free

DM Y Sankhare Free

DM Cala Free

AMC N Jevtic Free

AMC H Saivet Free

AMC Thiago Free

AMC M Pjanic Free

<STRIKE>ST V Acpandie Free</STRIKE>

ST D Le Tallec Free

Youth it is.....

Have started that new game. Improved Randall, Gibbs, Flamini, Song(slightly, made his defensive stats a LITTLE better), Wilshere.

Eboue, Lehmann, Diaby and Senderos have all gone down.

I also watch Watford a lot, and have boosted some of their players who have done well/got potential. Shittu, O'Toole, Ainsworth, Loach, and Parkes have all gone up.

Just come to the end of January in 2008, first season.

Transfers in:

M. Veloso £11.5m

Rafinha £12.5m

M. Sakho £600k

J. Farfan £6.75m

Maxwell £11m

Aquino £575k

A. Barzagli £12.25m

H. Lloris £13.75m (January)

Transfers Out (Not including loans):

A. Hleb £10m

T. Rosicky £8m

M. Flamini £18.5m (January)

Basically decided to go with an attacking 4-4-2.

My first choice XI being:

GK Almunia

DR Sagna

DL Clichy

DC Toure

DC Barzagli

MR Rafinha << Retraining AMR

ML Maxwell << Retraining AML

MC Veloso

MC Fabregas

FC Adebayor

FC van Persie

Worked a treat so far. Adebayor and RVP have just over 20 goals each, Rafinha tops assists with 19.

Premiership

Started really well. Currently P24 W19 D4 L1 ... The one loss coming at home to Villa, one we should have won, so I'm dissapointed not to be unbeaten at this stage.

Chelsea are lurking 2 points below me, having won 16 of their last 17 games, the other being a 2-2 draw with us at Stamford Bridge.

FA Cup

Breezed through so far. Had easy ties against lower league opposition, which has been a chance to use some of the fringe players and youth. Walcott has been the outstanding player.

Champion's League

Drew a tough group in Valencia, Werder Bremen and Olympiakos. The team was tremendous in each match, winning all six group games and amassing a GD of +15. Fringe/Youth did well in the final two matches to beat W.Bremen and Olympiakos; 4-2 (Away) and 2-1 (Home) respectively.

League Cup

One of the highlights of the season so far was a 6-1 thrashing of Tottenham in the quarter finals. This success was consolidated by an away goals victory against Liverpool in the semi-finals. The aggregate score was 2-2, with us winning 1-0 at home and Liverpool dominating but only winning 2-1 at Anfield. The other semi final saw Man City beat Chelsea, so they will meet us in the final.

Will write an end of season report when the time comes, in the mean time I appreciate any feedback/suggestions.

Cheers guys icon_smile.gif

steve dewilde

DONOT sell Van Persie whatever you do mate. He's one of the best ST's on the game, a great winger and he does VERY well on Kimz's tactic. He'll get over his "new challenge" nonsense once you win a few trophies. When you get one of those "so and so is looking to buy Van Persie", dont respond to it. I never do and none of my players get unsettled tbh.

Song - yeah sell him. You can get about 7.5M sometimes but just let him go for the current offer. Try to make it 50% of next sale though. They should accept the offer still.

Eboue is better than Hoyte tbh. But I really dislike the idiot so I tend to sell him as well. I've got Hoyte playing on rotation with Sagna. He's doing very well atm. I got him tutored by Sagna twice and he's come along well. Determination has gone up to 15/16 iirc!

In Kimz's tactic, I'd recommend getting Veloso. He's a left footed player and will do well on as the left DM (crossing becomes easier).

Toulalan - I bought him in season 2 itself mate (actually around March in season 1 iirc but he arrived in season 2 obviously). He's quality although I'm struggling to get the best out of his atm. Got him for 24 or 26M (dont remember for sure). Wroth the price but you'll probably have to pay more. Usually costs about 40M.

Cheers Mate again Mate, always here to help icon_wink.gif

So for RVP i didnt sell it for the reason you stated above and the fact that him and Adebayor are destroying most EPL defense atm.

Atm my midfiled and ST is like this:

Adebayor (Bendtner)

RVP (Rosicky) Cesc (Mat fernandez) Hleb (Théo)

Flamini-Diaby-Denilson in rotation

so prolly next season i ll offload Hleb if a huge offer is coming same for Flamini and Diaby and i ll keep denilson.

My choices are Aguero or well no idea in fact icon_biggrin.gif

For dm ye Veloso is nice for the left dm and his crossing stat is a big + not mention he s left footed as you said mate.

Any thoughts mate?

cheers

Being from a Cypriot family, I've been trying to bring in a few Cypriot players. I've found a 16 year old Cypriot regen who is looking GOOD. He could develop into a top player. ( Tackling, marking and passing is at 17).

Whenever I offer him a contract, he signs a new one with his current team and then the deal is cancelled.

Any tips? I've tried praising him.

By the way, I'm in January 22nd 2011 and I've only lost ONE game in ALL competitions. I've yet to be defeated in the Premiership.

icon_biggrin.gif

DiscoStu94

Shame about the save. Atleast you were not a long way into it. Would have been awful then. Sounds like a challenge with only 5M net spend!

arsenal_2111

Use FMM and make Song a natural at CB too I guess. Thats where Wenger is converting him now. Also, maybe improve Walcott's dribbling a little? And his strength a touch as well.

Cr33o

You're doing very well. Shouldnt have sold Rosicky though. He's absolutely brilliant mate. Better than Farfan by some distance. And you could have easily got more. In my 2nd season, he's got a "worldwide" reputation and is worth 17M already!!

I'd put Lloris as first choice as well mate. He's better than Almunia.

steve dewilde

Yeah, RVP continues to do that till he's about 30-31 mate. Awesome player.

Lineup looks good. However, I'd take Hleb out of the starting XI and put Matias in instead. MUCH better player. Dont buy Aguero. You wont need him. Remember that you're getting Vela back next year. He's great as AMC too. If you want to buy someone, go for Samir Nasri. He's awesome that kid is!

And yes, go for Veloso. He's just quality. Never disappoints!

Candre168

The reason why he doesnt want to come is probably because he's too young and doesnt want to leave his home country (or should I say mommy and daddy icon_biggrin.gif!). Let him remain where he is for another year and then get him. He should be willing then. You will have to pay a little more though ofcourse.

my centre mids are denilson, bodmer and fabregas with rosicky, hleb and flamini as cover and benzerga, sankhare, wilshere, lansbury and thiago in the reserves and valencia have just offered £0 upfront, £13.5 million over 24 months and sunny for flamini, surely this is worth it, sunny has a lot of potential and flamini isnt playing regularly, they have left it negotiable though, how much should i push for??

thanks

Originally posted by Taylor_08:

my centre mids are denilson, bodmer and fabregas with rosicky, hleb and flamini as cover and benzerga, sankhare, wilshere, lansbury and thiago in the reserves and valencia have just offered £0 upfront, £13.5 million over 24 months and sunny for flamini, surely this is worth it, sunny has a lot of potential and flamini isnt playing regularly, they have left it negotiable though, how much should i push for??

thanks

£13.5m over 24 months and a player for a back-up player? I'd definately sell...

What season are you in? If Flamini is already over 26 then I'd say a good deal given what you've already got in your squad.

If it's negotiable, maybe try to get some cash in up-front or reduce the installments to over 12 or 18 months instead of 24.

Hulk

Cheers for the input mate icon14.gif

Re: Rosicky; I got rid of him because I wanted more of an out and out winger. Farfan has been brilliant so far, Average Rating 7.30 with 8 goals and 10 assists. I just find him to have better stats in terms of a wide player with higher values in Crossing, Dribbling, Finishing, Acceleration and Pace. I know I undersold Rosicky icon_frown.gif but I needed a pretty quick sale in order to fund other transfers.

As for Lloris I agree with you he's better than Almunia, the team I posted was what had been my 1st XI so far, with Lloris just arriving I'm going to look to integrate him for the second half of the season.

DiscoStu94

Shame about the save. Atleast you were not a long way into it. Would have been awful then. Sounds like a challenge with only 5M net spend!

Yeah, but I've played this save in pretty much every other way, so I'm just making harder and harder. Next time I try this save, I'll do no spending at all.

DiscoStu94

If you're only after youth players, try Loic Abenzoar for RB. Becomes quality after a while. Also, there Marvin Angulo. Else, you've got Justin Hoyte. He does become good so you can stick with him maybe? Get him trained up by Sagna a couple of times. Let his "squad status" be hot prospect itself. I did that and his determination shot up to about 15 or so and all other stats have increased too.

For GK, get Joao Carlos mate. If you're lucky enough to have his PA high in your game, he'll become awesome. His stats became better than Buffons in one of my games!!

For DM, next season, try to get hold of Bolzoni for about 2M. Again, becomes quality.

For CM, get Rafael Carioca. He's supposed to be a natural DM but very much an Ever Banega type of player. Plays for Gremio.

AMC, try Douglas. Also plays for Gremio. Becomes quality too. Thers also Tales, another Brazilian. Forgot which team he plays for though. I think its Internacional.

ST, get Alexandr Prudnikov. Will cost you about 2M I guess but becomes very good. Reminds me very of the 8.0.1 Fred! Also, Gael Etock is worth a go as he sometimes becomes excellent.

I'm surprised you've not bough Abdou Razack Traore, Lubos Kalouda, Aquino and Georginio Wijnaldum though. All of them are extremely good and worth getting.

Thought I'd throw in a few more names for you!

Frazza Pee

Get John Bostock, John Fleck, Preston Edwards for the the future.

For immediate needs, if you want a GK hold on till the end of the season. If Sunderland go down, you can pick up Craig Gordon cheapish. For CB, get Steven Taylor. Excellent. LB, you've got 2 awesome ones. If you want to sell either and get another one, Andrew Taylor is a wonderful talent. For RB, you have Hoyte. Onuoha is a youngster you could look to get. If you can land Danny Simpson from Man Utd, then great. He become terrific. For DM, get Lee Cattermole. Brilliant! For CM, Michael Johnson is good. Michael Carrick becomes cheap (about 14M) in season 2 so maybe you can hold for him. You have 2 excellent youngsters in Wilshere and Lansbury coming through. Would recommend not getting this spot too full so as to allow them to get into the team after a couple of seasons or so. For the left wing, Stewart Downing or Ashley Young are the way to go. For the right wing, Giles Barnes or David Bentley. And for ST, get James Vaughan. He becomes terrific too. Dean Ashton is a monster of a ST as well on the game. But you really dont need him tbh. The only other ST worth getting is Rooney really. But not probable because he'd cost a lot.

Hulk

I will stick by Hoyte as well, try to get him to reach his full potential, he'll hopefully be a very good rotation player.

All those players you told me cost money, and I'm trying to buy as many players on a free as possible. I tried Georginio Wijnaldum though, but he rejected me, and now I would have to pay £1M or more for him. For GK, I'm hoping Costil will be good enough next season or Fabianski. For DM, I'm training Song up to his full potential instead of buying players there. I'm playing a 4-2-3-1, so a CM would not fit in there. For AMC, I bought players that are available on free instead of players that I'd have to buy, no matter how little. For ST, I'm training Sunu and Tallec, another one would be unnecessary. I would buy Traore and the lot normally, but this time I'm only looking for players I can make home-grown really (bar Costil).

Oh, ok. Makes sense I guess. But the players you got on a free - dont you have to pay compensation for them? For eg, Sankhare you need to give them about 900K of compensation. That goes out of your transfer budget. The guys I mentioned would cost you less than that amount I'd think. Or most of them anyway.

Or am I missing something?? icon_confused.gif

Originally posted by Frazza Pee:

Hi i'm starting again but this time i'm only buying British players. Who do you suggest?

John Fleck

Joe Mattock

Preston Edwards

Danny Welbeck

Steven Taylor

Micah Richards

Craig Gordon

Johnny Evans

Archived