FM2008 - Arsenal FC. mo money, no problems edition.

hughsieb

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right, I'm going to give this game a proper crack now, I know Arsenal have a big squad brimming with talent already so I'm looking forward to it.

I know all the signings I'll be making already really, just need some advice on what youth is worth keping, I know Lansbury, Wilshere, Nordveit and Murphy become good, are there any others worth holding onto?

Originally posted by Ville Valo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DiscoStu94:

Kyle Bartley

cracking young player icon14.gif

Just won the Community Shield again, Sankharé is fb icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He was top class on my last game, was the best DM on the game by about 2013.

Originally posted by Remalap:

Right, two things:

a) I just convinved the board to extend my contract by 5 years instead of 2, and

b) I am now England manager.

congrats on that. with arsenal on the verge of signing Nasri, i have decided to go back to managing the gunners. i am halfway through the season. can somebody tell me how to post screenshots so i can put my first proper post on here.

Originally posted by liam_everton89:

Who do you lot play right midfield?

Is Hleb good enogh in game to play there?

It's RM with F-Arrow all the way forward?

And would playing Van Persie AML with an arrow to striker get the best out of him?

His stats look like he'd be fairly suited to that.

I don't really use wingers tbh, I use a 4-2-3-1 with 3 AMS and 2 DMs, I used Hleb on the right side of the 3, he was good, not spectacular but good. I got Maxi Rodriguez on a free, and he replaced Hleb superbly. Lansbury can play there aswell.

RVP is best used as a striker or an AMC tbh, you get more goals out of him as a striker, but more assists as an AM.

Your best team at the start (If it helps)

GK: Almunia

RB: Sagna

LB: Clichy

CB: Touré

CB: Gallas

DM: Flamini

DM: Gilberto / Denilson (Depending on how you want to play

AMC: Van Persie (Left side)

AMC: Fabregas (Central)

AMC: Rosicky / Hleb (Right Side)

ST: Adebayor

If you're playing 4-4-2, then go with:

MR: Hleb

ML: Rosicky

MC: Fabregas

MC: Flamini

ST: Adebayor

ST: RVP

icon14.gif

Hmmm.. well the tactic I'll be using is this one.... Tactic.jpg?t=1211761865

Sorry about the team, couldn't be bothered to upload another picture.

Basically that tactic with this team I was thinking of..

GK - Lloris

DL - Clichy

DC - Toure

DC - Gallas

DR - Sagna

DMC - Flamini

MR - Hleb or Jeremy Menez

MC with F-Arrow - Fabregas

MC - Denilson (who doesn't look very good, so may try and replace him with another holding MC)

AML - Van Persie

ST -Adebayor

Will it work alright or still a big no to playing V.Persie there?

liam_everton89

If RVP isnt going to play as well out wide, then maybe move his position into the AMC slot with a Farrow, basically a deep lying striker (use player instructions of course).

However im he should still be a great Winger anyway.

liam_everton89

RVP should work very well in that formation of yours playing as AML running up to ST. Instead of Hleb though, I'd recommend playing Rosicky on the right and replace him with Walcott after 60-70mins. Usually I would play Rosicky on the left and Hleb on the right but thats because I have them both cut inside to AMC from MR/ML.

Saying that though, RVP's best IS upfront. He scores so many goals along with Adebayor. But yeah, he does work well as a winger too.

I'm playing RVP on the left midfield with a short farrow, and he´s playing absolutely wonderful. As strikers i have Eduardo on the left side and Adebayor on the right side, all of themn has performed superb. RVP as left mid has scored 18 goals and 49 ass, Adebayor scored 45 goals and Edurado 25 or something like that. I use a flatt 4-4-2 with farrows on the wingers.

Cheers guys, I've gave it a go for a couple of games and RVP has played well on both the left and right so far with 4 goals and 4 assists in 5, I think I'll do what I did when using this tactic before and just have both AML and MR swapping position throughout the game, should work OK.

Does Denilson turno out well? His stats hardly look good enough for a place at the moment so I was looking at bringing in Aquilani for around £24m to play where he would be playing.

Frazza Pee

Here's a post I made a while ago:

Invest in

1. A first-choice GK - Lehmann is good backup for 1 season but dont renew his contract. Just let it run out in season 2. Fabianski becomes good and can be loaned out for 1 season to a club where he'll get first team football. Make sure you have the "recall" option in case you have a GK crisis. To fill the position get any of:

- Sebastien Frey (world-class and as good as Buffon, Cech and Casillas imo. Will cost you between 16-20M. Well worth it)

- Hugo Lloris (becomes world-class after a couple seasons. Young as well. Will cost you about 10M. Worth it as well)

- Manuel Neuer (becomes class as well and is young. Will cost you 6M but price goes up quick. Not good enough to start for a top club straight away imo. Some stats are not developed enough)

- Igor Akinfeev (good to start and becomes better. Will cost about 20M for which I dont think he's worth it though. Rather get Frey)

My personal recommendation is Sebastien Frey.

2. A new CB - Toure is world-class. Gallas is very good but ageing. I tend to sell him in first season itself but it can make a few players unhappy so watch out. You'll need to replace him with another quality CB. Even if you dont sell him, get another CB anyway. You'll need him. Some choices:

- Philippe Mexes (phenomenol but will cost you about 28M. Decent price for him but since you need to invest elsewhere in season 1, not the most feasible option)

- Andrea Barzagli (class and will cost you only 12M or so. He'll attract a lot of interest so get him quick and to ensure he joins, offer him "key player" status a couple of grand more in salary than what he asks)

- Nicolas Burdisso (very under-rated at Inter but is great. He was one of my best players in an earlier save. Will cost you only 10M at the start and is a bargain for that)

- Per Mertesacker (youngish and quality again. Will cost about 15M at the start but gets expensive soon. Good price for him)

My personal recommendation is Barzagli or Burdisso.

3. A versatile winger - You dont really have an out-and-out winger at the club unfortunately. This can be a problem if you like playing with wingers. I suggest getting a versatile one anyway to bolster your options. Some choices:

- Hatem Ben Arfa (if you can get him for about 15M. But he usually costs more)

- Jeremy Menez (very good and becomes better. Versatile as hell. About 10M)

- Alessandro Rosina (one of the best right wingers on the game imo. Will cost a tidy 20M+ though)

- Matias Fernandez (an FM legend. Costs about 10M and will win you plenty of matches. Highly recommended)

- Marcelo (Real Madrid. Has a release clause of 5.5M. He's a natural LB but is MUCH better on the left wing. Quality player, very young and its a great, great deal for him)

- Ricardo Quaresma (good player but never done well for me. People love him though. Costs about 11M or so and might be worth it)

Personal recommendation is Matias Fernandez.

The rest of the areas you're fine in. Those 3 areas do need to be bolstered though.

Players to sell

- Gilberto Silva (getting old and you wont be able to get anything close to decent money for him after this year. Could get upto 10M now and is a good price for him)

- Phillipe Senderos (terrible. Sell him for his value which is about 5M I think. Doubt you'll get more than that)

- Manuel Almunia (good but you'll get Man City enquiring about him. Sell him for anything between 7-11M)

- Abou Diaby (you have plenty of better options in the midfield even though he is a good player. Try to get 20M over 24months + 50% sell on which is possible sometimes)

Along with them, if you can sell Hoyte, Song, Mannone, then do so as you wont be needing them. Prices are hard to predict. Face value for Hoyte, about 5M for Song.

Youngsters NEVER to sell

- Armand Traore (THE best young LB on the game. Good enough to rotate with Clichy in season 1 too)

- Henri Lansbury (takes a while but he becomes class after a few seasons)

- Jack Wilshere (same as above)

- Havard Nordtveit (becomes world-class)

- Carlos Vela (one of the best young strikers on the game along with Bojan, Pato)

- Niklas Bendtner (the best young TM on the game bar none)

Some youngsters you should look to bring in while they're cheap

- Mamadou Sakho

- Hanri Saivet

- Aquino

- Lubos Kalouda

- Abdou Razack Traore

- Martin Galvan (wont arrive till like 2010-11 or something though!)

- Alexandr Prudnikov (can become awesome)

- John Fleck

There are plenty of others around but I usually always snap those ones up.

Lastly, start re-training Walcott to the right wing from the start itself. He never really cuts it as a striker but becomes awesome of the right wing. A great super-sub in season 1 as well.

Hope this helps.

Hi starting an Arsenal game. Who should I buy, Who should I sell and what Tactic is the best?

Formation

For Arsenal, the 4-4-2 and the 4-2-3-1 work best through my own experiences, but with the 4-4-2 you will have to tweak much more in matches. 4-2-3-1 will almost certainly mean that Adebayor will get 30+ goals, and once even got more than 50 for me. If you don't like to make your own tactics, try the Kimz No Tweaking tactic or Hulk's 4-4-2 Personal, which is a few pages. I have tried both and they are both brilliant when emplyed correctly. You could also try the 'Triangle Formation' which is a 2-3-2-2-1/5-2-2-1, which is somewhere around the Tactic's forum if you want to have a look around.

Buying

Whoever you buy depends on your formation and where you play your players really, and also who you choose to sell. For instance, let's say you choose a 4-4-2. This might mean that you have to buy a left winger, if you play van Persie up front, or a striker, if you play RVP on the left wing. But if you choose a 4-2-3-1, you won't need to buy anyone unless you really want to. You will have the right amount of players everywhere with that formation.

Arsenal's weakest spots are the goalkeeper (if you sell Almunia, if you don't there is no need for a new goalkeeper), the centre back position (again, sell at least one player, like Senderos, before buying another CB), and the wings (where we have no natural winger, which is why I play 4-2-3-1 most of the time).

GK: Sebastien Frey, Hugo Lloris, Geoffrey Jourdren, Benoit Costil, Manuel Neuer

CB: Per Mertesacker, Raul Albiol, Frederico Fazio

R/LW: Hatem Ben Arfa, Ricardo Quaresma, Lubos Kalouda, Juan Manuel Mata, Alexis Sanchez, Tranquillo Barnetta

Also, look into youngsters like Younousse Sankhare, Henri Saivet, Mamadou Sakho and others. If it is someone you plan on never selling, put in an offer of £0, which they will then negotiate to £0 + 20% sell on fee, or something similar to that.

Selling

When you manage Arsenal, [/b]lots[/b] of teams will enquire about your players, especially Fabregas and van Persie. Whatever you do, don't sell those two players, they are one of the best in their positions. They will enquire on Gallas, who I usually don't sell until the 2nd/3rd season to save myself money in buying a new one. You can sell Almunia for up to £10M, Gallas for £15M and Gilberto for £7M. These, bar Gallas, are the players I usually sell. I then replace Almunia with a younger goalkeeper, and replace Gilberto with Song, in the reserves.

Hi guys,Quick update

Its preseason just starting the 4th season and my 3rd with Arsenal.Ive had to change alot of personnel since my last post,mainly ive been forced too with players becoming unhappy about lack of 1st team action etc.

Also alot of clubs declare there interest for my best players and so they become unsettled and annoyed because i wont let them talk to other clubs! It p***ses me off to be frank!

Anyway here are some of the chnges ive made

or had to since the 3rd season ended (as champions of course,3rd in a row)

Out.

A.Traore to Roma £22.5 mil 50% sell on

A.Diaby to Man U £23 mil 50% sell on

Kuzmanovic to Milan £10 mil

In.

Richards £28 mill 5 mill afta 30 apps

Bolzoni £1.8 mill

Still trying to bring another couple of players in at moment.So this is my squad at min.

GK.

Fabianski

Neuer

DEFS.

Toure

Mertesacker

Richards

Clichy

Sagna

Nordveit

MIDS.

Fabregas

Veloso

Rosicky

Messi

RVDV

RVP

Joaquin

ATTS.

Adebayor

Bendtner

Vela

Walcott

Murphy

Thats pretty much the bulk of my squad at pres.like i said im still trying to get 1 or 2 more in,especially a LB thats good enough to cover Clichy.

Any recommendations or thoughts on my team or possible new recriuts is always welcome!

Originally posted by Frazza Pee:

Yeah but I want to buy him pernament for the future. How is it done?

With great difficulty, and very unlikely in first few seasons, best way is probably to loan him, bring in players on his favoured personnel list, praise him, and then hope he gets unsettled or doesnt sign a new contract.

rickastley94

Shame you had to sell Traore mate. But you should be able to get him back next season so no big deal. With the 50% sell on, you might just make some good money off him. Good deal for Diaby. He's not that good so its not a problem anyway. Personally, dont like Kuzmanovic much either. Again, not a big deal that he went although the 10M price was probably a little less.

As for the squad, Toure will probably be ageing now so you might need to get in a replacement for him. I'd recommend getting Arturo Vidal, Domenicio Criscito or Mamadou Sakho in as they will all provide cover at LB as well as CB. You do need cover at LB with Traore gone. You shouldnt really need anyone else. Richards can cover for Sagna if needed. If you sell Toure, maybe get another CB in I guess (besides the one mentioned above).

Midfield looks good. Rosicky and Joaquin would need replacing though I reckon. Lansbury/Wilshere should be ready by now to replace Rosicky atleast. Look for a versatile player for your wings though. Hatem Ben Arfa should be perfect for you as he can cover both wings.

You're fine upfront. Dont need any additions or replacements there.

Archived