Transfer budgets dependent on database size???

Surely I'm not the only one to come across what appears to be this massive bug..

Usually, I play the game with a small database. Even with small premiership clubs, such as Southampton, I receive a budget of at least around 20 million each year, which increases if I don't spend it all or achieve champions league football.

I just started a game with Everton, a moderately bigger club than Southampton, on a medium database. I received only a couple of million to begin with, and put it down to peculiarity of the club's finances. But, then, after completing a season (where I was placed 4th, and qualified for champions league), for the coming year I received only a paltry 1 million or so transfer budget. Clearly, something is wrong here.

The conclusion seems to be that with a medium database transfer budgets are enormously reduced, which is obviously an idiotic design fault.

I can only see one obviously idiotic thing, and it's not a design fault.

Alright, I admit, I might have tested my theory more thoroughly before posting. Turns out Everton have a tiny budget on a small database aswell. Why do Everton have such a tiny budget, then ? Surely its a bit unrealistic for them to have almost no money at all, season after season.

Archived