Starting with transfer budgets...

What are peoples opinions on this?

As I am preparing to start my first and only FM13 save with Arsenal I am unsure whether to have transfers allowed in the first window for different reasons:

It keeps things realistic, as we have just signed players in that Summer 2012 window in real life anyway, it also offers a different kind of game as teams will buy corresponding to how they are performing and not the usual targets at the start...

However, it is July when the game starts, so on the other hand should I have this time to make the changes I want/can do... I know its down to preference but I'm unsure what to do!

No one can really decide for you tbh. What I will say is, usually depending on how you're doing. You might get some money in January and if players haven't moved, most of the time they will after a season. I'd say it's nicer to start without budgets as you have to work with what you've got. Which is good and bad.

Personally, I start without the first window budgets as it makes the game more realistic and also means you have that bit of extra time to get your new players to gel. With Arsenal it also gives you something to think about with Sagna, Wilshere etc injured at the start and you can't just buy a replacement straight away.

But as Nottingham Forest says, only you can decide if it will make your game better :)

Archived