[FM 13] If Arrested Development can come back after a Hiatus, so can I! - A Cerud Career

cerud

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

May 2015 Update

bad_Extremadura_UD2.gif

Extremadura U.D. - Segunda División B Grupo 4

Segunda División B Grupo 4

fixu.png

3 May 2015 - Algeciras C.F. - Away - 1-1 Tie

We are horribly injury depleted after that last month. I should be winning a match like this easily, but when you're down to playing players completely out of position, it'll take a toll.

10 May 2015 – U.E. Llagostera - Away - 1-1 Win

We got our playoff spot, but with the shape our squad is in right now, that may be all we can hope for.

The Standings

standd.png

We've clinched the playoffs, but are in rough shape. We have drawn Salamanca in the playoffs from one of the other División B leagues. Apparently, the media believes that they will make us cry.

May 2015 Update - Continued

Second Phase Playoff

bad_Extremadura_UD2.gif200px-UD_Salamanca.png

Extremadura U.D. vs. U.D. Salamanca S.A.D.

Second Phase Playoff

playoffo.png

23 May 2015 - U.D. Salamanca S.A.D. - Away - 1-1 Tie

How we managed to get a tie, I will never know. Salamanca played us out of the park. We didn't even register a shot until the second half. Still, an away goal may be all we need.

31 May 2015 – U.D. Salamanca S.A.D. - Home - 0-2 Loss

Yeah...needed more than that away goal. The staggering difference in quality between us and Salamanca is blatantly obvious. This was also compounded by the fact that I had so many injuries, I couldn't even field a full sub bench or proper players on the pitch. Unfortunately, that means we are eliminated from the playoffs and remain where we are.

Heartbreak :( So hard to get out of those lower Spainish divisions. You going to stay? Or look for a move elsewhere where success is more easier to achieve? I.e. Promotion.

Right now, I'm undecided. We are probably a top 10 club in the league, but when you place all 4 leagues at this level together, we really punched above our level this year. I think I may wait to see what my budget would be for next year and then decide.

Wow bummer, so close yet so far

It was a tough one to take.

gutting, but a great improvement on last season

Definitely an improvement. I've identified a few areas to continue improving so, hopefully I can make a difference yet.

Yea nice try. You are going to win the title next season.

Thanks, Animosama :) That's the goal.

2014-2015 Season in Review

bad_Extremadura_UD2.gif

13th Place

The League

Standings | Past Positions | Fixtures - This was a much better season than my first one here. Still, there is much work to do. The clubs that get relegated from the Liga Adelante are much better. We need to find a way to compete with them. This will also mean ensuring that our form doesn't dip in the final few matches of the season. That seems to be an issue of mine so far.

The Playoff

Segunda División B Promotion Playoff - Salamanca was just too strong for us. The fact that we were able to return home with a 1-1 tie, was lucky.

The Stats

Goals Scored: 84 (+24 from last season, 2nd in league)

Goals Conceded: 30 (-27 from last season, 1st in league)

Average Attendance: 1,291 (+129 from last season, 8th in league)

The Players

Squad | Transfers - We have some good pieces right now, but are missing a few key positions. We really need to strengthen our wings in the off-season.

The Standout Players

Perica Radic - GK - Backstopped us to the back goals conceded record in the league.

Pablo Jofré - M RC - One of the best in assists in the league, Jofré is a strong contributor on the right wing. However, his injury issues have hurt the squad as well.

Luis Vila - ST - A strong attacker and carried the team when injuries were affecting many other players.

The Backroom

Finances - We survive out of the kindness and deep pocket of our Board.

Facilities - Our stadium has seen better days. We lost seats due to safety issues this year and the building itself is listed as very poor condition.

Awards

Fans' Player of the Season - Luis Vila

Plans for Next Season

I've signed another one year contract at the same wages. This will be my year to push for promotion. This club requires it for their long term survival. If I don't get promoted, I'll likely look elsewhere, but for now, I'm committed to making it happen.

Done well to reach the playoffs, a shame you couldnt go up in the end. Hopefully you can get it next year and really push on at the club.
Hopefully you can strengthen you team up!

Thanks, guys. I have a bit of work to do with a few key areas to bolster up.

2015-2016 Pre-Season

bad_Extremadura_UD2.gif

The Stats

Segunda División B Grupo 4: Achieve a mid-table position

Copa du Majestad El Ray Don Juan Carlos I - Reach the 2nd Round

Media Prediction: 11th of 20

Bwin Title Odds:

Wage Budget: $842,899 (+16,806 from last season)

Currently Spending: $774,509($68,390 cap space available)

Transfer Budget: $0

Main Kit Sponsorship: $86,200 (expires 2016)

TV Rights: $69.56K

Average Ticket Price: $14

Average Season Ticket Price: $154

Season Ticket Holders:

Estimated Value: $1.3M (same as last season)

National Club Ranking in Spain: 115th (+1 spot from last season)

Initial Thoughts

Apparently, we're in the Copa del Ray this year. I haven't been in this competition yet in two previous seasons. I'm having an insanely difficult time signing players. They all want about a third of my entire player budget. If this keeps up, I may have a skeleton squad.

Ugh I had that problem before in the Spanish 3rd Division myself, probably why I failed... damn a third of your entire budget, and here I thought there would be tons of Spaniards wanting to play...
The Spanish 3rd division really is a tough league to get out of. good luck this time..
Good luck at trying to crack it this time. Wonder if board will keep on injecting vast sums into the club :p
Big improvement but those playoffs are a lottery. Hopefully you can find enough cash to get the players to help you improve a little more this season.

Thanks for all the nice words :) However, I have a bit of a change coming that may make them all moot.

15 July 2015

DIARIO%2BHOY.jpg

Extremadura in the Hunt for New Manager as Cerud Resigns

The writing had been on the wall. Words had been spoken for the past month. Canadian manager Cerud has decided to leave Extremadura. In Cerud's tenure, the club has become a playoff contender in the Segunda División B. He leaves behind a club secure in its position.

Cerud spoke to media briefly as he made his way from the stadium.

"The club [Extremadura] has been a great experience and I've enjoyed the past two years here. However, I feel as though it's time to try my hand elsewhere. I have no spoken to other clubs as had been reported. I have too much respect for the club to act in such a manner."

bad_Extremadura_UD2.gif

I had been thinking about this ever since the last season had ended. This is a quality club, but the Spainish 3rd tier is a tough one to get out of. I figured we would be a playoff bound team again. However, that was being made difficult by no one wanting to sign a contract. This may be a move that will bite me back, but I feel as though it's time to see what else is out there.

resign.png

Managerial Club Record

statsfwt.png

19 July 2015

th-165-logo_terrik_300.jpg

Metalist Takes Chance with Cerud at Helm

While journeyman manager Cerud has experienced a measure of success in clubs he has managed, Ukrainian club Metalist Kharkiv will be his strongest test yet. It is viewed as a surprise appointment by many, but Chairman Sergiy Kurchenko stated that they had their eye on Cerud as a potential candidate for a while.

"We understand the hesitation by some over the today's appointment. However, Cerud has proven with two club already that he is able to build top competing club with limited resources. He will inject a breath of fresh air into how football management is conducted and I believe he will show many that he deserves to be at this level."

Cerud spoke as well in arriving in the Ukraine, showing his exuberance for his new role.

"Being given this opportunity is a chance of a lifetime. I have a few seasons under my belt now and know that I can transfer my knowledge to a higher level. I'm anxious to get started."

images_66.jpg?itok=G1AOdD5t

Metalist Kharkiv - EpiCentre Premyer-Liha

I applied for a couple higher level jobs and was surprised that they would all consider me. Metalist was the first to officially offer a contract and I just couldn't say no to such a historic club.

About the Club

Metalist was founded in 1925 and played in the now defunct Soviet First League. After its dissolution, they were one of the founding members of the new Ukrainian Premier League. They were relegated once, but fought back. However, they are still a club without a trophy. They have finish 3rd in the league in most years and runners up in the Ukrainian Cup once.

800px-Charkiw-Ukraine-Map.png

The Stats

Year Founded: 1925

Nickname: The Yellow-Blues

Fierce Rivals: Dnipro (historic)

Other Rivals: Dynamo Kyiv (competitive)

The Stadium - OSC Metalist

Year Built: 1926

Capacity: 40,003 all-seater

Owner/Rent: $2.64m/year

Facilities

Corporate: Good

Training: Top

Youth: Top

Junior Coaching: Average

Youth Recruitment: Established

We have a great stadium, even though it's not ours. We're also a rich club. However, we need some success! My job is to bring that. Here's the stadium, recently renovated in 2009.

800px-%D0%A1%D1%82%D0%B0%D0%B4%D1%96%D0%BE%D0%BD_%C2%AB%D0%9C%D0%B5%D1%82%D0%B0%D0%BB%D1%96%D1%81%D1%82%C2%BB_23-09-2009.jpg

2015-2016 Takeover

The Stats

EpiCentre Premyer-Liha: Qualify for UEFA Champions League

DATAGROUP Kubok Ukraini: Reach the Final

UEFA Europa League: Reach the Group Stage

Media Prediction: 3rd of 16

Wage Budget: $42,935,444

Currently Spending: $23,734,964 ($19,200,480 cap space available)

Transfer Budget: $8,914,450

Main Kit Sponsorship: $1,552,773 (expires 2017)

General Sponsorship: $22,750,000 (expires 2016)

General Sponsorship: $178,000 (expires 2018)

General Sponsorship: $187,000 (expires 2016)

Average Ticket Price: $6

Average Season Ticket Price: $65

Season Ticket Holders: 3,179

Estimated Value: $76M

National Club Ranking in Ukraine: 3rd

Initial Thoughts

The season is already 2 games in and looking like a decent start. The squad is large and seems alright. There are a few spots I'd like to strengthen, but I may have to wait until January.

Standings

standjx.png

A massive jump that :D Don't blame you for moving though, that division was a nightmare to get out of. Good luck :thup:
That's some jump, congrats. Finally you can move on up in the world!
Wow :thup: That's a great jump :)

Good luck in Ukraine!

Thanks all! Yeah, it's a jump, but I needed out of Spain and their playoffs. I was surprised that Metalist was interested in me, but I also had some interest from clubs such as West Brom and SC Freiburg. Oddly though, MLS clubs laughed me off.

Not sure how that one works, from Spanish 3rd tier to one of the biggest clubs in Ukraine! You did do a solid job for Extremadura but still, quite a giant jump. I'd have liked to see what you could've done over a longer period with Extremadura, am sure you could have gotten out of that division within 1 or 2 more years, even if it's not the easiest one to get promoted.

This should be interesting.

It will be for me :D

Not sure how that one works, from Spanish 3rd tier to one of the biggest clubs in Ukraine! You did do a solid job for Extremadura but still, quite a giant jump. I'd have liked to see what you could've done over a longer period with Extremadura, am sure you could have gotten out of that division within 1 or 2 more years, even if it's not the easiest one to get promoted.

I'd have liked to have seen what I could have done with Extremadurea as well; however, the signing of 3 players would equal my entire wage budget, making a squad was going to be near impossible. I had players asking for 300%-400%+ more than what I had been paying them.

Unlucky with the playoff loss but that one big jump for your new job.Hopefully they will give you a bit of time to do things your way!

It's the first job I've had so far where they have laid out Board Promises. Should be interesting.

Massive jump, Metalist are a club with a lot of potential and you've fallen on your feet spectacularly there! Shakhtar are probably the most annoying side I've ever faced on FM though, so good luck ending their dominance!

that was a huge jump!! Good luck breaking the Dinamo - Shakhtar monopoly...

They do have a hold on it, that's for sure.

Spain or Ukraine... I know which country I prefer!

Which? ;)

Massive jump, Metalist are a club with a lot of potential and you've fallen on your feet spectacularly there! Shakhtar are probably the most annoying side I've ever faced on FM though, so good luck ending their dominance!

Metalist are perennial 3rd place finishers. Time for that to change!

July-August 2015 Update

EpiCentre Premyer-Liha

fixr.png

25 July 2015 - Kryvbas Kryvyl Rih - Home - 0-0 Win

Our first match was a bit of a shaky affair. We were the better team, but we were not on our chances. This was a match that we let go; however, I'm willing to forgive that was we are not tactically proficient yet.

1 August 2015 – Zorya Lugansk - Away - 2-0 Win

And the weirdness continues. I had a player go down injured in the second half, but was unable to substitute them. Instead, I had to play the rest of the match with only 10 players. Thankfully, we were able to grab a couple late goals and secure my first win in a Metalist shirt.

9 August 2015 – Illichivets Mariupol - Home - 5-0 Win

Now that's an introduction! Five goals from four players and an own goal. I'm hoping that this is a portent of things to come.

15 August 2015 – FC Goverla-Zakarpattya Uzhgorod - Away - 2-1 Win

This was the first match for my two new strikers. Chilikov netted a debut goal, which also ended up being the winner. Not a bad way to endear yourself to new fans!

23 August 2015 – Metalurg Donetsk - Home - 5-2 Win

Now, it was Manasiev's time to shine. Our new signing grabbed a brace and assisted on two other goals.

30 August 2015 – Arsenal Kyiv - Away - 1-2 Loss

Eh...I guess it had to happen sometime, but this was a stinker. We took the lead in the first minute and then forgot to play the rest of the match.

UEFA Europa League

europas.png

20 August 2015 – Gençlerbirliği SK - Home - 2-0 Win

This was a straightforward match. Christaldo got both goals in what was a dominant affair for us.

27 August 2015 – Gençlerbirliği SK - Away - 1-0 Win

Christaldo grabbed the away goal as well, securing us advancement into the Group Stage.

The Standings

standzp.png

We are in the midst of a 3-way tie for the top spot. Shakhtar have faltered a bit in the early part of the season; however, we're still having to deal with Dynamo Kyiv and Dnipro. We haven't played any of these clubs yet, so I expect that we shall have a few tough matches ahead of us.

Transfers

The transfer window just closed. Here are the players that I managed to bring in.

César - GK - $675,000 - Quite a bit younger than my current starting goalkeeper and better. Will be a starter.

Dimitar Chilikov - AM LC, ST - $3.6m - Signed on a rotation contract, he's the first part of my Bulgarian strike force.

Lachezar Manasiev - AM L, ST - $1.5m - The second of my Bulgarian strike force, he is an absolute speed demon. Will be a starter alongside Christaldo.

Great start but probably slightly misleading given the only big club you played were Metalurg at home. Nevertheless excellent to be up in 1st. Also great aggregate win in the Europa League.

Brilliant start :thup:

Thanks!

Great start but probably slightly misleading given the only big club you played were Metalurg at home. Nevertheless excellent to be up in 1st. Also great aggregate win in the Europa League.

Yeah, still got the big boys to play. At least I've been given a bit of time to settle in :)

Big move there! Great start too, hope you can keep it up.

So far, so good.

Metalist are great. Managed a personal best 8 titles in row with them on FM10.

I'm hoping that I can help fill their trophy cabinet a bit as it stands empty right now.

September 2015 Update

The Matches

fixd.png

12 September 2015 - Metalurg Zaporizhzhya - Home - 1-1 Tie

EpiCentre Premyer-Liha - Attendance - 34,696

Ugh...This should have been our match based on how well we controlled the play. We give Metalurg Zp one shot on net and they tie. Sometimes, football can be cruel.

17 September 2015 – Málaga C.F., SAD - Away - 1-1 Tie

UEFA Europa League - Attendance - 26,312

We struggled in this away match to Spain. Again Málaga had one shot on net and made it count. We changed up our formation in the second half and were able to play much better. An away tie was a decent showing.

20 September 2015 – Tavria Simferopol - Away - 3-0 Win

EpiCentre Premyer-Liha - Attendance - 10, 597

The games are coming fast and furious now! We played relegation candidates Tavria and grabbed a needed win. However, I learned a couple odd facts in this match. One, apparently I can get a yellow card for a bad tackle when I'm the one with the ball. Two, my goalkeeper can handle the ball with his hands outside of the 16 yard box and not get a card or have a stoppage in play. Some weird things going on here.

23 September 2015 – Bukovyna Chernivsti - Away - 2-1 Win

DATAGROUP Kubok Ukraini Cup - Attendance - 8,781

This was supposed to be a simply match; however, Bukovyna took the early lead. We switched things around and were able to go into the half with a one goal lead.

26 September 2015 – Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk - Home - 4-0 Win

EpiCentre Premyer-Liha - Attendance - 39,938

A massive win against one of our main title challenger opponents. It wasn't as easy as the scoreline makes it look. We grabbed an early lead, but then were shut down by a hot goalkeeper. Finally, the dam burst and we unleashed in the second half, securing the win.

UEFA Europa League

67519868.png

I realized that I forgot to show who we were drawn against in the Group Stage of the Champions League. We've only had the one game so far away to Malaga, so there's still a lot to go.

The Standings

standr.png

A third of the season done and in 2nd Place. It's definitely going to be a battle between the top four clubs. I've now played one of them, Dnipro, at home and did well. Well play Shakhtar at the end of a very busy October. Hopefully, we still have some energy by that time.

Still going strong and plenty of goals going in for you :thup:

We seem to be finding the net rather well :D

Good job so far, that GD could come in useful.
I think Ukraine go for head-to-head record, at least at the end of the season.

Separating point tied clubs is done in this order: goal difference, goals scored, results between teams.

October 2015 Update

The Matches

fixr.png

1 October 2015 - Fenerbahçe SK - Home - 2-1 Win

UEFA Europa League - Attendance - 40,003

We played in front of our first sellout crowd and gave them what they wanted. This was a match in which we controlled beginning to end.

4 October 2015 – Vorskla Poltava - Away - 3-0 Win

EpiCentre Premyer-Liha - Attendance - 10, 390

Chilikov gave us the early lead and we never looked back. A simple away game.

17 October 2015 – Volyn Lutsk - Away - 2-1 Win

EpiCentre Premyer-Liha - Attendance - 7,380

We actually went down a goal early in the second half even though we had dominated the match up to that point. Volyn scored on their only shot. Thankfully, my Bulgarian striking pair were able to grab goals of their own late in the match for the win.

22 October 2015 – Fussballklub Austria Wien - Away - 4-0 Win

UEFA Europa League - Attendance - 11,000

FK Austria Wien held us off in the first half. However, one of their defenders headed the ball brilliantly into his own net late in the half, which must have hurt their morale. The second half was all ours.

25 October 2015 – Karpaty Lviv - Home - 4-1 Win

EpiCentre Premyer-Liha - Attendance - 36,634

Karpaty never had a chance. They grabbed a goal late in the second half to deny us the clean sheet, but we ended up with the 3 points.

28 October 2015 – Tavria Simferopol - Home - 2-0 Win

DATAGROUP Kubok Ukraini Cup - Attendance - 38,284

Tavria is the lowest club in our league, so the win was expected. We didn't disappoint. While we did massively outshoot them, it was a simple effective game, nothing showy.

31 October 2015 – Shakhtar Donetsk - Away - 1-5 Loss

EpiCentre Premyer-Liha - Attendance - 48,053

Uh...wow. That was a one-sided slaughter, a game of men vs. boys. Unfortunately, we were the pre-pubescent ones. I tried to retool things for the second half after we went down 0-3 in the first and things did seem to go better. However, this was also a game of more weirdness. I was awarded a penalty kick, to which we hit the crossbar. The ball ended up bouncing high and out of bounds. And then my shooter received a yellow card. Did the crossbar complain? Was it a malicious kick against an inanimate object? One of those things, I guess.

UEFA Europa League

85671337.png

Two wins this month and we are in the top spot in our group. I'm pretty confident of qualifying out of this group.

The Standings

standg.png

Our first loss in the league was a huge one. I'm hoping that we bounce back right away. Unfortunately, we've also drawn Shakhtar in the quarter final of the Kubok Ukraini Cup. But that's a few months away.

I also just realized something. None of my foreign players are working towards Ukrainian citizenship. Are foreigners not able to gain nationality in Ukraine? I'm going to need to start looking at Ukrainian nationals to bring into the club. This will chance my transfers plans a bit.

Archived