Need help with crossing

I'm playing with lone striker (4-2-3-1 formation). I have Winger(A) on right side, set to cross from mixed and target to near post. I want him to supply my striker with sharp crosses in front of goal, so he could run onto ball and kick it in. In team instructions crossing is set to drill crosses.

Despite my instructions winger keeps crossing high balls to far post to my IF. I've tried different settings, but result seems to be always favoured to far post. So I'm kinda out of ideas how to achieve what I want :(

I'm playing with lone striker (4-2-3-1 formation). I have Winger(A) on right side, set to cross from mixed and target to near post. I want him to supply my striker with sharp crosses in front of goal, so he could run onto ball and kick it in. In team instructions crossing is set to drill crosses.

Despite my instructions winger keeps crossing high balls to far post to my IF. I've tried different settings, but result seems to be always favoured to far post. So I'm kinda out of ideas how to achieve what I want :(

take the player in qustion aside and spant his butt untill he learns to follow your intructions.

try putting it onto "float crosses". i have mine set to float as i have a 6'2" 18 strength, 18 jumping, 19 off the ball, 20 heading striker who is ideal for hanging one up just to facepunt home.

i see maybe 1-2 good deliveries a match and the rest are all drilled low about waist height, in a team thats set up to supply lots of crosses (inside forwards and wingbacks are all set to get forward, bombing down the wing at every opportunity, and hang one up far post for the big man...until they get close to the by-line, and mash one into the groin of the defender who is almost certainly marking the near post) . he still scores a lot, but when he is almost unchallengable in the air its frustrating in the extreme.

all of my wide players have 16+ crossing (wingers and wingbacks) and high creativity and anticipation and decision making...

try putting it onto "float crosses". i have mine set to float as i have a 6'2" 18 strength, 18 jumping, 19 off the ball, 20 heading striker who is ideal for hanging one up just to facepunt home.

i see maybe 1-2 good deliveries a match and the rest are all drilled low about waist height, in a team thats set up to supply lots of crosses (inside forwards and wingbacks are all set to get forward, bombing down the wing at every opportunity, and hang one up far post for the big man...until they get close to the by-line, and mash one into the groin of the defender who is almost certainly marking the near post) . he still scores a lot, but when he is almost unchallengable in the air its frustrating in the extreme.

all of my wide players have 16+ crossing (wingers and wingbacks) and high creativity and anticipation and decision making...

I agree, I have found this very hit and miss. When I play against teams such as West Ham they seem to be brilliant as smashing crosses onto Andy Carrolls head, but when I cross the ball to my 6ft 5 striker, my players either hammer the ball straight past him or hit it waist height. Very frustrating but something I have never managed to correct to any great effect.

Archived