Can you code in Guardiola's move?

I think they have already said they don't intend to do it for players though, in the Jan window update all the players will be at their new clubs in August 2012.

Unless the reason behind it is that they can't code in future movements of money, then I doubt they will do Guardiola, short of making him manager for the 12/13 season.

Poor show SI

I think they have already said they don't intend to do it for players though, in the Jan window update all the players will be at their new clubs in August 2012.

Unless the reason behind it is that they can't code in future movements of money, then I doubt they will do Guardiola, short of making him manager for the 12/13 season.

Poor show SI

Why not? This situation is different. One manager is retiring, another is taking over. Surely this just includes an end date on one contract and a start date on another?

@ OneUnited

Of course it can be done with the editor, that's not what I'm asking though. I wrote coded for a reason, meaning, can it be actually hard coded into the game to happen by the FM coders. Nothing to do with editing. You can only set up future transfers in editor, though I wish you could do loans and managerial changes aswell :thup:

@ Keyzer

No, you can't do that.

Is it possible to make a future move, for a manager, with the editor?

Only in a round about way. Set Bayerns manager as contract ending in 2013 and change Pep to have future plans of becoming their manager. It should work.

Robert, I agree manager changes should be coded, however, what if you wanted to start a new save with Bayern? Would Pep automatically take over from you after a year as it was hard coded?

That's a good point. How annoying would that be :lol:

Are you sure the Guradiola thing would work? Because he often takes over at piddly clubs like Fiorentina in my saves. Maybe I'll do a holiday test run.

I don't see why not. On my save he took over United two seasons in. So if the Bayern manager retires after one season, and Guardiola has managing Bayern as a goal, then he'd take that if the opportunity is there. Holiday and try, it should happen.

So what happens if a user decides to manage Bayern first season? Sacked at the end of the first season to be replaced by Pep?

Good point. Not thought of it like that and kind of kills any debate about adding future manager moves. :) You'd be gutted if it happened. :lol:

So what happens if a user decides to manage Bayern first season? Sacked at the end of the first season to be replaced by Pep?

Of course but I was actually asking if it were possible for coders to do it.

However I would love there to be an option for us to edit these things ourselves for our own saves, just like future transfers. This way we can do stuff like have Pep going to Bayern end of season, or retiring Fergie in 3 seasons and mourinho taking over etc. That would be fun.

The code could work only for AI managers.

If a human manager is training Bayern, then at the end of first season the code is abolished.

If a AI manager is training Bayern, then at the end of first season he leaves and is replaced by Guardiola.

On the other hand...

If a human manager is training Bayern, then Guardiola can sign for other AI team in the first season.

If a AI manager is training Bayern, then Guardiola cannot sign for any team during the first season, in order to be available at the start of the second season to take over the Bayern job.

I think it's pretty simple code, to be implemented at the start of the save game, no? :)

I did, but as a user I am not planning on playing with Bayern again as I already play as them atm ;). I just want to know if that would work.

You can't set future contracts for managers via the editor. You could only change his future plans to wanting to manage Bayern (as I said before Neil, but people have missed that).

I don't think coding future transfers is a good idea in a Sim, the conditions between real life and the sim state could be really different, with different clubs winning different titles, injuries, different progression and a ton of other variables.

No, but the option to do so would be greatly appreciated. Then we can mould the game to our liking more.

I don't think coding future transfers is a good idea in a Sim, the conditions between real life and the sim state could be really different, with different clubs winning different titles, injuries, different progression and a ton of other variables.

I agree actually. I had been pretty peeved at SI's january update taking effect from August 2012, but what you say makes sense.

If they were to code Holtby moving in summer 2013 (assuming that happens), then what happened if tottenham got relegated over the course of season 1.

Then you would have them signing him to play in championship next year (bearing in mind the transfer was agreed IRL at a time when that will plainly not happen), and would be just as unrealistic as him being there from August 2012.

Thanks for helping accept the upcoming data update better!

(can understand the optional argument, at least for the editor in general even if not official updates)

Well it could be easily done via Editor i guess. At the Contract-Part of Guardiola you give him a contract that starts at 1.7.2013 and Heynckes a contract that ends at 30.6.2013. Didn't try it out myself but it should work.

I tried it but Bayern hired Lucien Favre instead. So despite Pep being available, a world class manager, on Bayerns favoured personell list, Pep favouring being manager of Bayern, they still hired Favre.

What date did you set for Heynckes retirement?

What date did you set for Heynckes retirement?

I got his contract to run out on the 26th May, the day after the CL final incase Bayern got that far, and had the will leave at contract end box ticked aswell as will retire after spell at current club box.. So he left the club then, and Pep was still free as a bird.

You can't but the closest thing you can do is set Heynckes' retirement date and Guardiola's career plans to "wants to manage" Bayern. Might work.

And probably set pep as one of Bayern's liked personnel? Just a suggestion.

• 1 month later...

If a user takes over Bayern then surely it would remove any future manager changes.

Also, it sounds so simple. Program Pep to take over on a set future date unless manager is human...

But what if Bayern take 1 point from their opening 20 games? Should they be unable to fire their manager? Should Pep join early? If they didn't have a champions league spot looking likely for next year, who's to say he would have joined?

I would have thought SI would not code it in as it does not happen until after this season so therefore it would be a change for FM2014 not 2013 . Surely they only code in managers and players who are there this year , or move in the jan transfer window . Not possibly there in future years .

Archived