Would you sign a player from the real rival from a team you support?

I am an Arsenal fan and I HATE Man Utd with the fire of a thousand suns. But, the trouble with Arsenal is that so much of their deadwood (Diaby, Denilson, Carlos Vela, Bendtner, Djourou...) are also their HG players. I was very happy to take full advantage of Ashley Young, Chris Smalling, and Rafael being inexplicably transfer listed to replace them on my way to glory at their expense. Rooney? Might be a bridge too far, but you never know...

Haha, I'm actually a Leicester fan, so have nothing against Liverpool as a club (heck, they gave us £11m for Emile Heskey!), I just detest Suarez. He is the footballing antichrist as far as I'm concerned. :p

But wasn't Heskey part of that Liverpool treble winning side :)

yes, I currently play as Legia Warsaw, and there is a very good player in Polonia, Wszolek. there is a fierce rivalry between the clubs so I always do my best to get their only best player :D

As a Newcastle fan, if I am playing as them from the start I don't think there's anybody I could sign from Sunderland that would improve my squad.

But further into the game, or if I'm playing with another team, it's exactly as Target Practice said, if the price is right and they'll improve my team I will sign anybody. Although I would probably also have the same self imposed Suarez ban. I too find him detestable.

Im a Liverpool fan but don't think i could ever sign the likes of Wayne Rooney and Rio Ferdinand, could you lower yourself :p

so what about you lot? sign anyone who can better your team or are you like me?

I wont even accept their rejects

The only played I stopped myself signing someone because of a real life dislike was Dennis Wise on CM4, although I wasn't managing Leicester at the time.

I never prejudice players by the club they represent or support. It has to be a strong personal dislike.

I signed Lauri Dalla Valle from Fulham on loan. I support Gillingham, whose fans, during any tie against Fulham, used to sing a song about a chap called Matthew Fox who was struck to death with a hammer in an alley beside Priestfield.

"Who's that lying in the alley? Who's that lying on the floor? And it's Foxy on his knees and he aint very pleased coz he aint going to Fulham anymore!"

News link carrying the story

Im a Liverpool fan but don't think i could ever sign the likes of Wayne Rooney and Rio Ferdinand, could you lower yourself :p

so what about you lot? sign anyone who can better your team or are you like me?

I am United and i have happily signed Lampard, Wilshere and Ramsey for my team. id never sign sterling or suarez though, mainly because of my hatred of liverpool, but mainly because they are garbage

got cashly cole for United

as United there is really nothing i CAN take even if i wanted to from the rival teams, only a few teams have more then 1 player I would sign, Spuds, Everton and Arsenal. and perhaps the odd 1 player at others. mostly because i have those spaces filled.

I had Wilshire as my #7 at united in FM12 :D

Well it would take a quality player for me to buy them so if i could sign a quality player from a rival then i would because it would be my club gaining a quality player and their club losing one. I know i which fans would be more angry, definitely the one losing the player!

Archived