Happy with my Tactic but I think it needs improving

Hello all ...

I'm using a 4-1-2-2-1 (3-2-2-2-1) Barca-style formation for my Liverpool side and until now I'm quite happy with it. For eg. I've won my last 4 games without conceding - vs Club Bruge (H) 3-0, vs Spurs (A) 1-0, vs WBA (H) 1-0, vs Atromitos (A) 2-0 - and I'm sitting 3rd in the Premiership only 4 points off 1st place.

This is the formation:

------- SK (S) ------

---- CD (X) --- BPD © ----

-WB (S) -- DM (D) -- WB (S)-

---- AP (A) --- DLP (S) ----

-IF (S) ------------- IF (A)-

------- T (A) ------

Balanced / Counter with default settings apart from Passing (Shorter), Closing Down (Press More), Marking (Zonal), Crossing (Drill Crosses) and Focus Passing (Middle). Then, at the start of each match, I use these shouts: Retain Possession, Push Higher Up, Run at Defence, Work Ball into Box, Hassle Opponents (changes Marking to Man) and Stay on Feet. Occasionally, during the match, when I see that we're not playing well, I also use the Play Wider shout to take advantage of more space. But I still leave the Focus Passing through the Middle.

The player instructions are default as well, with the only exception being the AP (A) ... I reduced his RWB to Sometimes instead of Often. I noticed it made quite a difference when attacking.

As you can see, it's a sort of a WOW formation .... with the DM dropping in between the CDs, like the Busquets role in the Barcelona team, when defending.

Like I said earlier, I'm quite happy with the Tactic .... I always have good possession (around 60+%, even against good teams like Spurs), I create many chances / shots on target and defensively it's quite solid for now as well.

My two concerns are the following:

1. I would like to score slightly more / finish the chances we're creating. I mean, I'm happy winning 1-0 but for example against WBA we've had a lot of chances and only won 1-0 in the last few minutes of the game when we could've easily won 2-0 or 3-0. How can I improve this?

2. I noticed that, on various occasions, when we're attacking and the DLP has the ball in the middle of the pitch, the AP (A), both IFs and the T (A) stay just outside the opponents' box waiting for the ball instead of trying to find more spaces. In fact, I could see a gap between the area where the DLP is standing and the other 4 players mentioned above. And if there's a wrong pass, then we're a bit outnumbered in Midfield. In my opinion, there's something wrong here ... either with my Tactic or with something else. I still don't know. I mean, because the T (A) is supposed to drop deep, the IFs only 1 of them is on Attack and the AP (A) is supposed to be running from the deep not staying on the opponents' box. The Wing Backs attack as well even though they're on Support and in fact, on several occasions, it's by using them that I manage to create a bit of space. Therefore my question is: how can I improve the movement of my 4 offensive players in order to create more space for my Midfielders to create better chances?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

YNWA.

Wow!!!! Not a single reply in 12 hours! Where are all the tactical geniuses??!??!

Do I have to upload pictures of the formations / tactics in order to get some help in here? Coz apparently, anyone who uploads pictures gets help immediately! I've given a thorough explanation of the formation, tactics etc ... I don't think I need to upload images in order to get some advice!

Anyway ... apparently not only the FM ME is heavily flawed - even SI's forums!!!!!! I thought I come here to get some help / advice and what do I get? Not a single reply! Amazing! SI's Mourinho, Guardiola and co are on a sabbatical apparently (only in my regard though ... others are getting help)!

Thanks a lot for all your help guys .... I'm speechless!

Unf***inbelievable!

Its 65.000 times easier to quickly see stuff with pictures so yes. Least thing you can do is upload pictures.

Its YOU who wants help so it seems obvious that you should make it easy for people to help you by making it easy for them to understand your problem.

P.S. you dont seem speechless at all.

Its 65.000 times easier to quickly see stuff with pictures so yes. Least thing you can do is upload pictures.

Its YOU who wants help so it seems obvious that you should make it easy for people to help you by making it easy for them to understand your problem.

P.S. you dont seem speechless at all.

i'm a pottymouth .. oh yes I am...

Archived