has anyone got sacked for not living up to 'play attacking football' promise?

havent seen a similar thread around so far.

has anyone got sacked for not meeting this promise? or maybe just barely meeting that promise? i would say my liverpool team plays well enough though not overly attacking. but board doesnt seem impressed.

I also wonder if I'm going to get shafted for not making "big name" signings. I agreed to it when I took over Almería but it's really not my style and I haven't managed to do any big deals yet :(

Also not sure what qualifies as a "big name" but we'll just have to wait and see.

I'm not sure how attacking football is judged. It's not by strategy. It's not by possession, so it could be based on CCC.

Would love a mod to clarify this.

Me neither, I had the requirement at Liverpool and the board were always "pleased" with the attacking style I was playing, although I don't know exactly what it was about what I was doing that made them pleased.

I failed miserably when I promised to bring players through the youth system (although I don't understand how, because I did...), but the fact I overachieved that season meant that my job was classified as 'Untouchable', meaning that I was never going to lose it no matter what promises I didn't keep.

The point is, only if other factors coming into account will you get sacked, otherwise your pretty much safe :thup:

Archived