OTF Werewolf I - GAMEPLAY THREAD

Wigmore

Just out of curiosity, if you're lynched (be it rightly or wrongly) or attacked and killed by a werewolf are you then no longer allowed to post in this thread at all?

Some games you are allowed to make a generic death comment such us, other games once dead you can say no more until the game is over.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gonna vote for Neil atm. 8 posts full of dribble, and then the odd post that putts slightly a bit of heat on IWWROCKS. I don't getgood vibes.

I also found it strange how Plumble started to post as soon as inactives started to be discussed. Although I'm probably looking too much into that.

My top 3 suspects are....but I will vote someone else having not even mentioned that person before but they just got a couple of votes so its an easy vote....

not sure if unvotes are needed so wont bother

lynch thegr8anand

clear scum

Yep that is a bit strange indeed. Especially seeing as the posts has 6 hours between them. Looking at his posts he seems overly eager to help as well.

Can I just clarify a couple of things – how do the wolves know each other from the start, are they told all the names in the initial PM? Also, have they been able to communicate privately since the start, or can they just do that at night?

Gonna vote for Neil atm. 8 posts full of dribble, and then the odd post that putts slightly a bit of heat on IWWROCKS. I don't getgood vibes.

I also found it strange how Plumble started to post as soon as inactives started to be discussed. Although I'm probably looking too much into that.

I don’ think you are tbh, I also have grave suspicions about Plumble

I have a couple of suspicions, but having already voted to lynch IWWROCKS, who I think is so over-enthusiastic, that he can't be anything but a villager, I shall wait till the next vote before airing them.

I appreciate your support although the fact you have not said you'll remove your vote makes me sad :(

Can I just clarify a couple of things – how do the wolves know each other from the start, are they told all the names in the initial PM? Also, have they been able to communicate privately since the start, or can they just do that at night?

usually, the role PM will either contain the names of your fellow wolves or a link to another forum where the wolves are able to talk.

It says in the opening posts that they can talk at night, and as there has not yet been a night I doubt they have talked.

And I wonder if this is just a 'dumb' post to put us off you being a wolf yourself....

I have a couple of suspicions, but having already voted to lynch IWWROCKS, who I think is so over-enthusiastic, that he can't be anything but a villager, I shall wait till the next vote before airing them.

Wait,. you are voting someone you think is town, but dont plan on moving your vote or adding to the discussion now?

You are allowed to move your vote, and as I said earlier, what makes you think you will live long enough to talk about your suspicions later?

I was unaware votes could be changed? I had early suspicions of IWWROCKS which is why I voted for him, he could be playing a very good act or he could just be over-enthusiastic as I said.

I shall stick to my guns and hope I make it through the night :D

usually, the role PM will either contain the names of your fellow wolves or a link to another forum where the wolves are able to talk.

It says in the opening posts that they can talk at night, and as there has not yet been a night I doubt they have talked.

And I wonder if this is just a 'dumb' post to put us off you being a wolf yourself....

I did consider it might be construed as that :D

I was unaware votes could be changed? I had early suspicions of IWWROCKS which is why I voted for him, he could be playing a very good act or he could just be over-enthusiastic as I said.

I shall stick to my guns and hope I make it through the night :D

Hold on, a few minutes ago you said he was almost certainly town (or more accurately 'not anything but a villager') but now you decide to stick with him anyway.

And what of your other suspicions, you said you had a couple of them...

Oh, to be a vigilante....

Hold on, a few minutes ago you said he was almost certainly town (or more accurately 'not anything but a villager') but now you decide to stick with him anyway.

And what of your other suspicions, you said you had a couple of them...

Oh, to be a vigilante....

One of the others has been voted at least once already, while the other I'm still mulling over.

Have to a agree with gordon, why would you vote for someone who you think is a villager? We Villagers are a team and have to outlast the Wolves. Seems counter productive to lynch each other.

Different if you thought he wasn't a villager, but you said

IWWROCKS, who I think is so over-enthusiastic, that he can't be anything but a villager

Change your vote, and lets get these Wolves.

Still haven't my mind up btw

ooooh, I like cryptic crosswords.... [sarcasm]

names & reasons is what I am pushing for, it doesnt matter if someone has been voted already, you are still allowed to be suspicious and to have your own reasons for them....

[desperately trying not to revert to my normal style of replying to every post - failing miserably, time to log off for an hour :p]

3 votes for SCIAG in a little under an hour....very interesting, time to re-read some peoples posts....

I have just been thinking about this. In the games that I've played werewolf I've learned that Wolfs like to jump into bandwagons. Wouldn't be surprised if there is a wolf out of the ones that voted.

3 votes

IWWROCKS (chopper99, RickyButton, gillsminnow)

SCIAG (mcsheffreygreat, BoroPhil, thegr8anand)

thegr8anand (gordon_a, Suggy33, el sid)

2 votes

chopper99 (IWWROCKS, LRJ)

1 vote

Neil Brock (man_utd_fan)

Cardiomolester (titchuk)

Lovejoy! (Cougar2010)

0 votes

man_utd_fan

Plumble

el sid

Suggy33

gordon_a

mcsheffreygreat

Pukey

LRJ

RickyButton

Cougar2010

BoroPhil

Gizzyspop

gillsminnow

titchuk

11 votes are required to lynch. There are 24 hours maximum remaining in this day.

I have just been thinking about this. In the games that I've played werewolf I've learned that Wolfs like to jump into bandwagons. Wouldn't be surprised if there is a wolf out of the ones that voted.

I totally agree with this. Therefore, as the last person to jump on the SCIAG bandwagon, I change my vote to thegr8anand.

Omg guys. Its not me!!! I jumped because SCIAG has been so inactive :(

Though i still doubt el_sid, Lovejoy and Plumble, but i don't have any proof and voted SCIAG because he is a mod like Neil but inactive unlike Neil :S

Editing posts tut tut. You are panicking now mate.

Gizzys does make some sense there.

I therefore change my vote to instead lynch thegr8anand.

Say what now...Gizzys makes sense when he agrees with me, but when I ask you you twist things around about how you still think the player you voted might be wolf.

Then el sid comes along with a vote for being over-enthusiastic, and Boro Phil jumping from one bandwagon to another.

Dont like any of these votes at all, but will keep my vote for now, but Suggy does make me want to move it.

You know what, gordon seems very intent on shifting the lynch vote to someone else..

I am very intent on lynching scum, so those that make votes with rubbish reasoning are going to get targeted. In a game with a few new players you are more likely to get rubbish voting reasons, but when one person says they have three suspects and then votes someone else entirely, you have to wonder why.

then when someone else says one thing then does another and jumps on the 'bandwagon' that I am pushing, I start to wonder if I am looking the wrong way and its scum jumping on a wagon that I have formed for them.

Day 1 there is next to no info, outside of what is posted in the thread, and even that is open to debate (did he really mean that etc), so voting patterns is all there really is to use.

Reading into inactivity shouldn't be too key unless it's loitering in the who's viewing the thread or whatever. Some people are just generally not around at certain times. As for voting its hard to go off anything as it seems, everyone is in the same boat.

Saying that maybe trying to remove attention from themselves by pointing out inactive players could be some sort of wolf tactic, hmmmm.

I totally agree with this. Therefore, as the last person to jump on the SCIAG bandwagon, I change my vote to thegr8anand.

Great job BoroPhil. I don't know why i used my logic of lynching SI mods first and the inactive one as well and go with your vote of lynching SCIAG. and now you have voted me......

I’m starting to feel a bit sorry for you now. I think I’ll give SCIAG the chance to come in and tell us why we shouldn’t lynch him and if he doesn’t I might change it back. Or am I being manipulated, fellow villagers?

You know what, gordon seems very intent on shifting the lynch vote to someone else..

gordon was the other person I was suspicious of, coming in with his reputation of playing alot and acting the lead villager/main instigator seems very wolfy to me...

gordon was the other person I was suspicious of, coming in with his reputation of playing alot and acting the lead villager/main instigator seems very wolfy to me...

horse manure

So suspicious of me that you have followed me into voting for someone, albeit crediting someone else who had agreed with me (but not voted)

Just read through the posts of el sid (didnt take too long) and you know what, he just got added to my list of more likely scums.

Posted next to nothing but fluff, jumps on the thegr8anand for being 'over enthusiastic' despite naming two different people as suspicious earlier (pretty much the same route as thegr8anand took actually), and then when I question the vote gets all defensive and accuses me of trying to move the lynch around.

Well time for me to try and move it around again then

lynch el sid

although I probably have 2 or 3 others I would happily lynch if push came to shove.

**** me, everyone so paranoid :D Glad to see my Villager act is paying off.
I personally think we should avoid lynching Chopper. Gonna change my vote to SCIAG
Oh and this is me losing my Werewolf virginity.
Lovejoy is being extremely quiet for someone that I think frequents the thread a lot and is generally an active user.
Inadvertently drawn attention to myself as possibly being a wolf then? Fail.

Still gonna stick with SCIAG though I think.

Nah, Gordon's fine.
****, made that a bit too obvious :( Well they've got us now Wigmore, start again?
one wolf sticking up for another?

you might have a point... Mcsheffrey, gordon and chopper all wolves? They've all fallen under suspicion at some point in the thread.

Gordon just accuses basically anyone who posts anything. He might just be paranoid, but probably worth keeping an eye on him.

Check again, I am attacking anyone who makes a weak vote or contradicted themselves.

thegr8anand said he suspected a group of 3 before voting someone different

Suggy has drifted through, said he suspects me and yet followed my vote lead but agreeing with someone who agreed with me

el sid jumped on a bandwagon with no reason at all despite there being a valid reason in the thread, and got defensive when I questioned it.

All 3 perfectly viable reasons for a vote and people get lynched for a lot less on day 1.

As for this post, blatant buddying up, trying to create a link between the two of us, when in theory he should have no idea at all if I am town or scum.

If I was to later flip as scum, then this post alone would get him lynched, and vice versa. Not happy about this at all and I wonder if this is me being set up for later.

Archived