OTF Werewolf I - GAMEPLAY THREAD

Wigmore

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 votes

IWWROCKS (chopper99, RickyButton, Suggy33)

2 votes

chopper99 (IWWROCKS, LRJ)

1 vote

Neil Brock (thegr8anand)

Pukey (mcsheffreygreat)

0 votes

man_utd_fan

Plumble

el sid

Suggy33

gordon_a

mcsheffreygreat

Cardiomolester

LRJ

RickyButton

Lovejoy!

Cougar2010

SCIAG

BoroPhil

thegr8anand

Gizzyspop

gillsminnow

titchuk

11 votes are required to lynch. There are approx 38 hours maximum remaining in this day.

I think I would be tempted to vote for an inactive tomorrow as opposed to an active player as an inactive villager dying doesn't do us as much harm as active one but for the moment I'll wait and see what happens.

Yeah I think I agree with this, plus its more fun with active people even if they are suspiciously wolf-like (mentioning no names). So yeah, if theres someone who's not posted by this time tomorrow then they'll probably be my vote, unless we can figure out a wolf of course.

Following on from some of BoroPhil's points earlier I feel its better for the villagers to keep the thread active as then there is more chance of a wolf making a mistake or being targeted for being "quiet".

With this in mind and as there hasn't been that many votes yet I'm going to share some of my thoughts and hopefully it will provoke some more discussion.

I've read through the thread a couple of times and have loosely grouped people together in the following groups:

Group 1: People who I am leaning towards being villagers or at least giving the benefit of the doubt to atm.

Man Utd Fan

McSheffreygreat

Pukey

IWWROCKS

Borophil

thegr8anand

Gizzyspop

Group 2: People who have been inactive so far

Plumble

el sid

Gordan A

Cardiomolester

SCIAG

Group 3: The rest

Neil Brock

Suggy33

LRJ

Rickybutton

Lovejoy

Chopper99

gillsminnow

titchuk

I think I would be tempted to vote for an inactive tomorrow as opposed to an active player as an inactive villager dying doesn't do us as much harm as active one but for the moment I'll wait and see what happens.

this is good analysis. I'll vote tomorrow but I agree, I'm certainly looking at someone from group 2

Right, this started then, good job I looked in :)

A few things have struck my attention, I desperately want to vote Cougor for spelling my name wrong (and yes that was deliberate) but I will come back to him in a bit.

Chopper is either a fool, or a scum. Fake claiming a town power role is just as likely to draw the real power role out as confuse the bad guys. Just played a game elsewhere where someone fake claimed a cop role (really badly) and got someone lynched as a result, and the real cop counter claimed, and got killed that night, next day the fake cop gets lynched and it was effectively game over. So no option for clever town trying to confuse because it is a bad move in a limited role setup like this.

BoroPhil, I am trying to work out if the 'wolf wont post here' comment is trying to play dumb or some sort of 'trick'. Wolves (I assume) will know they post here during day so his comment would be playing dumb if he was one of them. Not posting really should not be an option for anyone, and I hope the activity ruling is adhered to, having modded several games myself it can be hard to start modkilling people and should be a last resort as far as possible.

48 hour days is a shock for me, last 20+ game I was in the day 1 was over a week, and that in itself is quite quick, some sites have 3 week days and 3 day nights.

Anyway, back to Cougar, he made a list, and if there is one thing I have learned over the years, it is that the first person to make a list is usually scum.

vote Cougar2010

48 hour days is a shock for me, last 20+ game I was in the day 1 was over a week, and that in itself is quite quick, some sites have 3 week days and 3 day nights.

Most games I play have a 12 hour day/night limit, which I think is a bit bonkers. 48 hours I felt is somewhere in between that and a very unnecessarily long time, whilst still giving people plenty of time to discuss (given daily participation is a required). But we'll see how it goes and can always increase the time limit if the majority agree with you.

This town is a democracy, after all :D

Most games I play have a 12 hour day/night limit, which I think is a bit bonkers. 48 hours I felt is somewhere in between that and a very unnecessarily long time, whilst still giving people plenty of time to discuss (given daily participation is a required). But we'll see how it goes and can always increase the time limit if the majority agree with you.

This town is a democracy, after all :D

It depends on time zones, if everyone is more or less on the same time and around at the same time then all well and good, but if you have a few people that can only be on morning GMT, and a few afternoon GMT and evening and night, then it can take 24 hours (more or less) to ask someone a questions, for it to be answered and you to see the answer.

Fool or scum, it's a tough choice. I think gordon you have to realise that some of us are new to mafia, and won't know the tactics, hence you might get silly wolves who attempt to stay hidden out of sight. I'm happy to give Cougar the benefit of the doubt for the moment.

I'm leaning towards Plumble or SCIAG atm as they have appeared in the thread but only very briefly. El sid's time zone excuse was possibly weak. Cardiomolester, has he been seen? So could just be inactive.

Anyway, back to Cougar, he made a list, and if there is one thing I have learned over the years, it is that the first person to make a list is usually scum.

Well to answer your other question I've probably played around 10 games and the last one would be around 2/3 years ago, in fact you were probably involved in several of them.

As for the list its just the way my mind works, I'm used to working with lists - I guess I should be glad you said usually and not always although on the other side of the coin coming into the thread, stating how much experience you have and then saying the first person to make a list is usually scum could also be deemed suspicious.

Anyway someone said earlier that a wolf would try to fly below the radar without being inactive so with that in mind I'm going to vote for someone who has posted a few times without actually saying much. A few people fall into this category but the unlucky one on this occasion who I'm going to vote to lynch is Lovejoy

I'm not gonna be able to get online until very late tonight/tomorrow so I'll do my lynching now, I will lynch Cardiomolester for no reason other than that he has not posted yet. Sorry if he does come on and post! I have suspicions about some others but that will wait until another day......

Blatant attempts of bribary only make me suspect you more...chopper...helicopter..a-team...H.M. Murdoch...Howling Mad Murdoch

All starting to make sense now.

Just realised bolding is probably confusing. I am not voting for Howling as there is no such person. Was merely for emphasis. I am still fixated on Chopper as the wolf. Just to clarify :)

I'm not gonna be able to get online until very late tonight/tomorrow so I'll do my lynching now, I will lynch Cardiomolester for no reason other than that he has not posted yet. Sorry if he does come on and post! I have suspicions about some others but that will wait until another day......

And you are confident of surviving past night 1 because ?

Not getting your thoughts & suspicions out this game day is pointless because you simply (unless you are werewolf) may not live past this day.

So, pray tell, where do your suspicions lie?

• Administrators

Just out of curiosity, if you're lynched (be it rightly or wrongly) or attacked and killed by a werewolf are you then no longer allowed to post in this thread at all?

Also [generic villager comment].

My top 3 suspects are Lovejoy, Plumble and el sid ;)
I'll save Neil for now and go with SCIAG. I now want to Lynch SCIAG.

My top 3 suspects are....but I will vote someone else having not even mentioned that person before but they just got a couple of votes so its an easy vote....

not sure if unvotes are needed so wont bother

lynch thegr8anand

clear scum

Just out of curiosity, if you're lynched (be it rightly or wrongly) or attacked and killed by a werewolf are you then no longer allowed to post in this thread at all?

Also [generic villager comment].

Correct, as you're "dead" then. Some forums have a separate "Dead Thread" for the zombies to chat - I'm not really bothered either way whether or not people want to do this.

Archived