OTF Werewolf I - GAMEPLAY THREAD

Wigmore

Welcome to the gameplay thread for the first game of Werewolf. You should now all have received your roles via PM - please let me know if you haven't and I will resend your role to you.

INTRODUCTION

Werewolf is a role-playing team survival game that takes place in the form of posts in a thread.

There are two teams in a village: the villagers and the werewolves. Amongst the villagers are special roles that will aid in eradicating the wolves. The villagers win by eliminating all the wolves, and the wolves win if they make up half or more of the village. The game takes place in two alternating phases, day and night.

Day: The village has 48 hrs to discuss who is the wolf amongst them. Players discuss in plain text, but must place their vote in bold text (eg. lynch Wigmore). You can change your vote as many times as you like before a majority is reached. When a player receives the majority of the votes he will be lynched and his role revealed. If no majority is reached within 48 hrs, the player with the most votes will be lynched. If two or more players are tied for the most votes then they will be put into the list randomizer on random.org and the top name will be lynched. After a player is lynched, it is now night...

Night: The wolves discuss (over PM or any other messaging system they want to use... I recommend using a software that allows you to have a group chat) on who to eat/kill. The wolves may also communicate during the day phase. Wolves elect a "lead wolf" who will then PM me who they wish to kill each night, and that villager will be killed and his role revealed. The angel also PMs me with the name of who they want to save, and the seer PMs me with the name of who they would like to "see" (I will PM back with the role of that person). All parties have 24 hours to make their choices. The sun then rises...

THE ROLES

The Villager - You are a lowly peasant or wench who only discusses and votes during the day, you have no action at night.

The Werewolf - You are a bad ass stealthy killing machine. Your goal is to eliminate villagers. During the day you vote and discuss like a regular villager, but at night you get together amongst your fellow wolves and plot who to kill. So all wolves know each other from the start, and they communicate during the night to decide who to kill. Whilst the wolves do know everyone who is not a wolf, they do not know the identity of the angel or seer.

The Angel - You are a regular villager during the day, but at night you may save one target from being killed (even yourself). To do this, send me a PM each "night" with the name of the person you wish to save. If the wolves attempt to kill the person you have saved, nobody will be killed during the night phase. Villagers/wolves do not know the identity of the angel at the start of the game, but you can of course choose to reveal yourself at any stage (the village might not believe you though!).

The Seer - You are a regular villager during the day, but at night you consult your crystal ball and discover the identity of any one villager that you choose. To do this, send me a PM each "night" with the name of the person you wish to "see". I will then respond to you with their role. Villagers/wolves do not know the identity of the seer at the start of the game, but you can of course choose to reveal yourself at any stage (the village might not believe you though!).

RANDOM OTHER GUIDELINES AND STRATEGY

- I do not choose the roles, they are randomized by random.org's list randomizer.

- DO NOT TALK AT NIGHT (unless you are a wolf, in which case you should talk to your fellow wolves privately). Nobody must post in this thread during the night phase.

- PLEASE DO NOT EDIT YOUR POSTS AFTER SUBMITTING

- Only the wolves may talk in private, you cannot PM people in the game and ask them if they are a villager and devise strategy privately...

- Werewolf requires daily participation. If you are deemed inactive in the game by me you will be modkilled, and doing that kinda ruins the game a little.

- Do not copy/paste or screen shot/post about PMs I send you.

- Please do not post in this thread if you are not involved in the game.

Strategy - Some questions to ask yourself

- Why did this person say that?

- Do they want me to say something?

- What will saying X make others think of me?

- What will saying Y make others think of me?

- What will saying nothing make others think of me?

- What image do I convey?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is DAY 1

There are currently 21 townspeople.

man_utd_fan
Plumble
Neil Brock
el sid
Suggy33
gordon_a
mcsheffreygreat
Cardiomolester
Pukey
LRJ
IWWROCKS
RickyButton
Lovejoy!
Cougar2010
SCIAG
BoroPhil
chopper99
thegr8anand
Gizzyspop
gillsminnow
titchuk

14 villagers

5 werewolves

1 angel

1 seer

You have 48 hours from the time of this post to lynch someone. As soon as someone reaches 11 votes, they will be lynched.

You can change your vote at any time before there is a majority.

Great!

I vote to lynch Chopper99 as he is quick to put out there that he is a "special" role that isn't a wolf. If he truly is an Angel then he can save himself making this a safe lynching. Either he is a wolf and we get rid, or he is an angel, he survives and there is no loss.

Great!

I vote to lynch Chopper99 as he is quick to put out there that he is a "special" role that isn't a wolf. If he truly is an Angel then he can save himself making this a safe lynching. Either he is a wolf and we get rid, or he is an angel, he survives and there is no loss.

For clarity, the angel cannot save anyone from being lynched during the day. They can only choose to save one person at night, who will not die if the wolves choose to kill the same person.

Nobody is safe from being lynched during the day. Its just you have to try to get it right and not get a villager or angel or seer while the wolves try to do the opposite. Also lynch will only happen if one person has majority of the votes, otherwise it will go to night-time.

Nobody is safe from being lynched during the day. Its just you have to try to get it right and not get a villager or angel or seer while the wolves try to do the opposite. Also lynch will only happen if one person has majority of the votes, otherwise it will go to night-time.

This one is a little different from what you've played before. Someone will get lynched every day no matter what. These three scenarios will result in the day ending:

1. Somebody gets the majority of the votes.

2. 48 hours pass (when this happens whoever has most votes gets lynched regardless of majority).

3. 48 hours pass and the voting is tied (I will then use random.org to randomly select which of the people tied gets lynched).

This one is a little different from what you've played before. Someone will get lynched every day no matter what. These three scenarios will result in the day ending:

1. Somebody gets the majority of the votes.

2. 48 hours pass (when this happens whoever has most votes gets lynched regardless of majority).

3. 48 hours pass and the voting is tied (I will then use random.org to randomly select which of the people tied gets lynched).

Oh sorry. Thanks for correcting.

Wow for a first day of a mafia game this has to be one of the most active starts I've seen.

Although its needed to get discussion started first vote for someone always looks suspicious so its unlikely that IWWROCKS is a wolf unless he wants us to think that.....

Chopper playing the angel card could be taken several ways as well, a wolf trying to deflect suspicion, the angel playing a double bluff or a villager trying to confuse.

Do wolves know who the other wolves are?

Think I'm going to enjoy this game, never played it before. Got 3 weeks off work over xmas so this will give me something to do :thup:

Yes Wigmore must have told them so they can PM each other when its night time and decide who to attack.

Wow for a first day of a mafia game this has to be one of the most active starts I've seen.

Although its needed to get discussion started first vote for someone always looks suspicious so its unlikely that IWWROCKS is a wolf unless he wants us to think that.....

Chopper playing the angel card could be taken several ways as well, a wolf trying to deflect suspicion, the angel playing a double bluff or a villager trying to confuse.

It's so hard to tell, isn't it? :D

Well that's that then. Neil Brock gets my vote.

Edit: no he doesn't. Pukey's being weird so he gets it instead.

Please avoid editing your posts. If you want to change your vote then do so in a separate post (you don't have to worry about unbolding the previous vote - I can keep track of it all).

Nah, surely editing the posts is just a sign of them being sneaky and all part of the game?

Yeah, but it can create a bit of a mess.

"Oh this is what this guy said BEFORE he edited his post!"

"No I didn't!"

"Oh yes you did!"

Easier to just ban editing :)

• Administrators
Yeah, but it can create a bit of a mess.

"Oh this is what this guy said BEFORE he edited his post!"

"No I didn't!"

"Oh yes you did!"

Easier to just ban editing :)

Yeah good point, plus I can see edits ;)

Archived