Time to start

Well, finally got FM 13, everything I wanted downloaded (Graphics, faces, update packs, etc.), and Xmas break is here. Time to start off my first save. Im thinking either Liverpool or Tottenham. Been reading the boards trying to get get updated with the latest features. Any tips or suggestions with the new game? Is it necessary to have a DoF? I pretty much like running everything about the club myself. Can't wait to get started tonight!

Try Nottingham Forest. You get a financially solid team to promote in your first season, and you should be semi-competitive in the EPL in Year 2. By Year 4 or 5 you might be playing in Europe. Or pick Liverpool and overachieve compared to real life.

I haven't found too much use for a DoF, although I do enjoy the Unwanted List feature.

As welshace said, head over to the GPTG. It is a friendly place and at the top of the page there is a thread called Official Links which has all the created threads in there, including Spurs & Liverpool.

Personally, I would choose Liverpool. Not because I am a fan, but because their squad is in a serious need of being rebuilt where as Spurs already have a solid one. Just more of a challenge, that's all.

Archived