The Commentators Curse: Volume 1 – The Battle of the ‘stans’ (Holiday / Sign Up

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Benjaminoo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Benjaminoo:

Where is my Player Cam?!?!? icon_mad.gificon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

btw, KUTGW icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers

Golden Rule for Player Cam:

If you play, you have a chance icon14.gif

If you don't play, you don't have a chance icon13.gificon_wink.gif

Hopefully Benj will break through into the 1st team next year.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Week ending Sunday 27th May 2007

Luke Swinson will join Everton on the 1st July, after Kidderminster accepted the offer and Swinson duly accepted the contract offer.

Koppers has turned down a new 5 year contract with FC Twente, apparently wanting a larger appearance fee bonus.

George Robson is now being tutored by Luca Rigoni at Vicenza.

Fiorentina and Sevilla have joined the list of admirers of Roberto Rossini.

Hermandinho is out of the 2nd leg of The Stanlies Cup with a gashed head - will be out for upto 2 weeks.

Turkus Mendieta is now wanted by Inter, as well as Maritimo.

The Dutch League has finished its playoff system, with 5th placed Feyenoord taking the 2nd champions league, with 2nd-4th placed teams entering the UEFA Cup. FC Twente finished 4th.

Holland - Premier League

Inter won Serie A at a canter.

Italy - Serie A

Manisaspor finished in 5th place in the Turkish League.

Turkey - Super League

The Champions League Final was won by Bayern Munich, beating Lyon 3-1 in the final.

The 2nd Leg of The Stanlies Cup will either be posted later tonight or tomorrow morning as I haven't actually played it yet icon14.gif

Great stuff WW.

Looked superb in my international debut (I know it was only the under 23's but still, great game).

Can't see me leaving Sweden too soon, doubt there'll be many scouts watching the Second tier of Swedish football. Going to have to drag my team back up into the top division. KUTGW.

See, go away for a day and it all falls apart, miss one call up, get a second, no game time and then, I get injured and miss another shot at some fixtures, EGADS, this has been a rough first season for me.

Hopefully things will turn around once my knee is better.

Peace

Bah... Injured for the second leg of the Stanlies cup...

Only a few matches this year. Braga is a nice club with nice weather as well, but first team football is needed soon!

And of course: GOOOOO Turkmenistan!!!

(can somebody compose a song for us Turkmeni?)

Turkmenistan v Kyrgyzstan

Sat 30th May: The Stanlies Cup 2nd Leg

Line Ups

Mark Lawrenson decides to field an unchanged first 11 for the 2nd Leg, so 10 of the superkids start with Freealdinho and Halali on the bench. Alan is captain.

David Pleat decides also to stick with the same 11 that lost in the 1st Leg, Ali Obeid, Rossini and Gonzalez on the bench. Swinson is captain.

TV Opinion

My opinion: I think Turkmenistan will win this leg, but I think Kyrgyzstan will score and I can't see Turkmenistan then winning by the 3 clear goals they would need to lift The Stanlies Cup.

9 minutes gone and Alan has a shot from a tight angle on the right, well saved by Maldinov.

Scramble in the Kyrgyzstan penalty area but Turkmenistan fail to get a clear sight of goal and it is cleared to touch.

In the 29th minute, long goal kick by Lui, Azeryk wins the flick on and Alan is through on goal, but Maldinov agains makes a good save diving to his right. From the resultant corner, Turkmenistan counter attack, Atas running with the ball from the halfway line, shooting but hitting the post. However the ball rebounds off the post across the 6 yard box and Stelios is there to tap it home. 1-0.

36th minute, Atas plays a great ball from deep on the left flank, but Stelios heads wide from 10 yards out.

HT: Turkmenistan 1 v 0 Kyrgyzstan

Half Time Match Stats

Half Time Player Ratings

Rossini replaces Chaoconov and Alan is replaced by Freealdinho at half time.

Freealdinho has his first shot from 25 yards, but it goes high and wide.

Mass substitutions on both sides on around the hour mark:

Turkmenistan - off goes Swinson, Stelios and Libertinho. Gonzalez, Ali Obeid and another comes on.

Kyrgyzstan - Ryan and Professor Frink are the notable ones to go off. Halali comes into the mix.

Tomaldinho and Dumats are subbed off after 70 minutes, as are Azeryk and Taphouse for Kyrgyzstan.

Turkmenistan continue to attack but no notable chances as far as the 75th minute.

86th minute and Bartinho's cross from the left is headed by Freealdinho, but again saved by Maldinov.

1st minute of injury time and Atas has seemingly broken away from the defenders and bares down on the goal, but at the last moment Birkinaldo comes in with a great last ditch tackle and saves Kyrgyzstan.

FT: Turkmenistan 1 v 0 Kyrgyzstan

Full Time Match Stats

Kyrgyzstan Player Stats

Turkmenistan Player Stats

MOM award goes to Maldinov which is a good call as he kept Turkmenistan in the tie. Unfortunately for Turkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan's defence wheld firm and didn't allow Turkmenistan that 2nd goal.

Kyrgyzstan win 2-1 on agg. and therefore win The 2007 Stanlies Cup

Week ending Sunday 3rd June 2007

Livorno have made an offer of £150K for Ryan.

De Santiago is wanted by Villareal.

Maldinov is out for upto 2 weeks with a facial injury.

Athletico Madrid and Espaynol gained UEFA Cup spots at the end of the La Liga season.

Spain - La Liga

Italy Serie B has also finished now, Albinoleffe finishing in 13th, Vicenza in 11th.

Italy - Serie B

Up next will be everyones player screenshots, season overview and my player of the season award!!

Won't be till later in the afternoon as I'm busy now icon14.gif

End of Season Review - Part 1

Kyrgyzstan Players

Zuvzonamin Lui

Squad Role: Indispensible.

Sam Taphouse

Wanted by Port Vale.

Squad Role: Squad rotation.

Salman Al-Dahash

Was tutored by Rufete, picked up 2 traits off of him and Rufete is now listed under favoured personnel.

Squad Role: Hot prospect.

Ryan

Currently considering a contract from Livorno.

Professor Frink

Wanted by Hull and Swansea.

Jacariah Birkinaldo

Habib Halali

George Robson

Currently learning from Luca Rigoni.

Squad Role: Squad Rotation.

Freealdinho

Wanted by Liverpoo; and Swansea.

Elfdog

Amazingly, overnight has attracted 5 interested clubs - Blackburn, Bolton, Crewe, Liverpool and Watford. Blackburn and Bolton have both made £43k bids so far.

El Loco Bartinho

Davo

Has 10 championship clubs after him (probably for loan deals), has Cheltenham listed as one of his favourite clubs after his loan spell there. Loan stats: 26 games, 0 goals, 8 assists, 3 MOM, 2 Yellows, Av Rat 7.19.

Squad Role: Backup to 1st team.

Bill

Squad Role: Important 1st term player.

Benj

Squad Role: Hot prospect.

Azeryk

Alan

Squad Role: Hot prospect for future.

*Note: Squad role refers to their position at their current club, not how I personally see them icon_wink.gif

More Kyrgyzstan review stuff in part 3 icon14.gif

End of Season Review - part 2

Turkmenistan Players

Ulfinus Chaoconov

Squad Status: Hot prospect.

Turkus Mendieta

Wanted by Inter and Maritimo.

Tomaldinho

Wanted by Empoli, Fiorentina, Livorno, Lyon and Marseille.

Squad Status: Indispensible.

Stelios

Squad Status: Hot Prospect.

Selim Atas

Squad Status (At Lazio): Squad rotation.

Samaras Taraldo

Squad status: Important 1st team player.

Roberto Rossini

Wanted by Deportivo, Fiorentina, Liverpool, Lyon, Milan and Sevilla.

Squad status: Indispensible.

Pablo Gonzalez

Currently learning from Sergio Garcia.

Squad status: Hot prospect.

Luke Swinson

Joining Everton on 1st July.

Squad status (At Kidderminster): Indispensible.

Libertinho

Squad status: Indispensible.

Humphrey Koppers

Fred Rutten (Manager of FC Twente) is now amongst his favoured personnel.

Hermandinho

Currently learning from Andriy Husin.

Squad status: Squad rotation.

Ghoolbi Dumats

Fabiov Maldinov

Squad status (At Albinoleffe): Important 1st team player.

Alvaro De Santiago

Won the European Super Cup 2006.

Wanted by Villareal.

Abdullah Mohammed Ali Obeid

Has Cheltenham listed under favourite clubs now. Loan stats at Cheltenham: 28 starts, 19 goals, 1 assist, 4 MOM, 1 yellow, Av Rat 7.21.

Wanted by Bournemouth and Northampton.

European and International round-up to follow in part 3, along with some stats and my player of the year award icon14.gif

End of Season Review - part 3

European Super Cup

Winner: Sevilla

Runner Up: Barcelona

UEFA Cup

Winner: Feyenoord

Runner Up: PSG

Champions League

Winner: Bayern Munich

Runner Up: Lyon

International Scene

After an initial lull in the amount of fixtures to the 2 teams, both Kyrgyzstan and Turkmenistan have had several games so far in 2007 and with Olympic Games and possibly World Cup 2010 (yes thats right - they start em early in Asia) still to come in 2007 and into 2008 it could be a busy internationl period for the superkids.

The 2007 Stanlies Cup was won by Kyrgyzstan 2-1 on agg, so well done to them - I'm sure Turkmenistan will be even keener in 2008 to win it back off of them.

Kyrgyzstan

Most Caps: 3 caps - 8 players (All time record stands at 18 caps).

Most Goals: 2 goals - Azeryk, Bill

Turkmenistan

Most Caps: 3 caps - 12 players (All time record stands at 30 caps).

Most Goals: 1 goal - Stelios

Current Ability - June 2007

Spoiler

Top 3 Summary:

1. Humphrey Koppers (Turkmenistan)

2. Azeryk (Kyrgyzstan)

3. Jacariah Birkinaldo (Kyrgyzstan)

Bottom 3 Summary:

3. George Robson (Kyrgyzstan)

2. Elfdog (Kyrgyzstan)

1. El Loco Bartinho (Kyrgyzstan)

World Reputation

Spoiler

Top 3 Summary:

1. Turkus Mendieta

2. Selim Atas

3. Salman Al-Dahash

Bottom 3 Summary:

3. Freealdinho

2. Elfdog

1. Ryan

and finally...

Walcott's Wonderkids Player of the Year 2007

After deliberating over the options, I drew up the following shortlist:

Freealdinho - goalscoring exploits, admittedly for Torquay but still a good effort.

Abdullah Mohammed Ali Obeid - Tremendous goal scoring ability at Cheltenham and score a hatful for the U23s in the Olympic qualifiers.

Azeryk - goalscoring exploits in The Stanlies Cup winning them Kyrgyzstan the cup.

and the winner is... Abdullah Mohammed Ali Obeid, consisting good for club and country scoring goals at all levels. Well done to him icon14.gif

Don't think that just because all 3 in the shortlist were all strikers that that will always be the case, just felt they deserved a mention more than the others. De Santiago, Maldinov and Davo were close to getting in the shortlist.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Freealdinho

Squad Role: Indispensible. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

V.Impressive, the thing I find weird though is that I've played 42 times for Torquay and I haven't been fouled once. icon_confused.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by freelinet:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Freealdinho

Squad Role: Indispensible. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

V.Impressive, the thing I find weird though is that I've played 42 times for Torquay and I haven't been fouled once. icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha, yeah just noticed that.

Also the fact that you picked up 2 red cards in the league, yet only committed 5 fouls! You have aggression of 17 and tackling of 2, probably just means that you tackle like Paul Scholes! icon_biggrin.gif

Week ending Sunday 10th June 2007

Ryan has agreed terms with Livorno and will join them on July 1st.

Elfdog is now considering an offer from Watford as well as Blackburn and Bolton. He later accepts the Watford offer and will join them also on July 1st.

Villareal have made a £650k bid for Alvaro De Santiago. That got rejected, so they have improved the offer to £775k. He is also attracting interest from Liverpool, Inter and Valencia.

West Ham have sacked manager Alan Curbishley.

Week ending 17th June 2007

Sevilla have accepted the higher offer by Villareal for De Santiago.

Fiorentina, Messina and Lazio have made a £64k bid for Tomaldinho at Casa Pia.

Samaras Taraldo is considering his options at Rubin, which is quite timely as CSKA Moscow have just shown some interest in the lad.

West Ham appoint Mark Hughes as manager, Blackburn are nowing looking for a new boss.

World Rankings update:

Kyrgyzstan = 125th

Turkmenistan = 160th

The Stanlies Cup games don't seem to have made any impact on their positions yet.

For those of you wondering where Player Cam has gone, it is taking a timely breather over the summer, but may be back next month (depending on whether Dumats starts playing some games or not for Amkar).

Week ending 24th June 2007

Lyon become the 4th club to bid for Tomaldinho.

CSKA Moscow have made a £1.4m bid for Rubin's Samaras Taraldo, which has been accepted by both club and player. He will join them on the 1st July.

De Santiago has accepted Villareal's offer and will join them on July 1st.

Swansea have made an £800k offer for Freealdinho which has been accepted. Liverpool have made an offer of £550k but has yet to be accepted.

AC Milan has made a £375k offer for Roberto Rossini.

Maldinov has returned to Fiorentina after his loan spell.

George Robson is out for 1-3 weeks with concussion.

Benj is out for a couple of days with concussion.

Good work WW! I'm impressed by all the work and statistics etc you're keeping!

By the way, not knowing anything about player editing etc, what exactly does player ability mean? Is that simply the sum of all attributes, including the hidden stats?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Swansea have made an £800k offer for Freealdinho which has been accepted. Liverpool have made an offer of £550k but has yet to be accepted. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can't wait to see how these offers pan out, It would be nice to me on Player Cam but for that to happen I need to be in a playable league!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Swansea have made an £800k offer for Freealdinho which has been accepted. Liverpool have made an offer of £550k but has yet to be accepted. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can't wait to see how these offers pan out, It would be nice to me on Player Cam but for that to happen I need to be in a playable league!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TeeWee:

Good work WW! I'm impressed by all the work and statistics etc you're keeping!

By the way, not knowing anything about player editing etc, what exactly does player ability mean? Is that simply the sum of all attributes, including the hidden stats? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think the player ability score (current player ability in this case) is just a marker for how good a player is relative to everyone else in the game.

How precisely it is worked out I don't have a clue - SI have probably dreamt up some huge formula to calcylate it. However, I would imagine it takes into account all the hidden stats as well as the visible ones, as well as factoring in things such as age etc.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by freelinet:

Can't wait to see how these offers pan out, It would be nice to me on Player Cam but for that to happen I need to be in a playable league! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would say that if Freealdinho is playing regularly this coming season there is a good chance that he will be selected for player cam icon14.gif

In the 1st season I could only really pick players who were actually playing regularly for their clubs. This season as everyone should be playing a lot more, I can be more selective about who I choose, but far be it for me to say that the more regular posters to this thread may have a slightly greater chance of their players getting selected for player cam icon_wink.gif

Week ending Sunday July 1st

Newcastle Utd also made a £550k bid for Freealdinho

Tomaldinho has accepted the contract offer from Lazio and has moved there from Casa Pia for £63k.

El Loco Bartinho rejects a new contract offer from Manisaspor, he didn't want to take a wage cut.

Everton sign Luke Swinson.

CSKA Moscow sign Samaras Taraldo.

Livorno sign Ryan.

Watford sign Elfdog.

Villareal sign Alvaro De Santiago, who says he can't wait to break into the 1st team setup (lets hope sooner rather than later icon14.gif).

Liverpool, who's initial bid for Freealdinho was rejected, have slightly upped their offer to £600k.

Stelios is wanted by Wigan.

Ali Obeid is now wanted Northampton, Yeovil and Lille.

Koppers is wanted by AC Milan.

Bill is wanted by Lille.

Alan is wanted by Athletico Madrid.

WOO HOO, here we come Watford. Maybe, just maybe I can get healthy and do something to improve my dismal rankings, but wait, was injured and played for who again, Redditch, that couldnt have been good for my world rep, lol.

Awesome game so far man, loving it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Koppers is wanted by AC Milan. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh my god!

A big step for a small turkmeni boy icon_smile.gif

Please, please Milan, make your move.

Let Koppers be the new Maldini.

Week ending Sunday 8th July 2007

Liverpool have had a bid of £360k accepted for Vittoria's Roberto Rossini. However, he rejects the offer and signs for AC Milan.

Pescara (Serie B) have made a season long loan offer for Fabiov Maldinov which has been accepted..

Jacariah Birkinaldo is attracting interest from Stoke.

Salman Al-Dahash is wanted by Fulham.

Ipswish are now showing interest in Professor Frink (as well as Hull). The only ones to make a bid so far though are Sunderland with an offer of £725k.

After Lille announced their interest in Bill, Belenenses' manager has gone on record saying that he could be sold if they receive an offer too good to refuse.

It appears Torquay have rejected the offers from Newcastle and Liverpool for Freealdinho, but the offer from Swansea is still on the table.

Locomotive Moscow's manager has praised CSKA's Samaras Taraldo after a stirling performance (rating 10) in their recent encounter. Taraldo accepts the praise in a positive manner.

Player Cam is back after its little breather, with Dumats of Amkar kicking off the new series.

Player Cam Match Report

Sat 6th July: Khimki (16th) v (14th) Amkar - league match

Ghoolbi Dumats is on the bench for this game. Amkar line up in a 3-5-2 formation.

Very very dull first half, only 2 shots between both teams.

HT: Khimki 0 v 0 Amkar

With one of the 1st shots on target in the whole game, Khimki take the lead in the 76th minute.

Amkar change to a 3-4-3 formation in response and it works as Amkar win a penalty in the 80th minute which is duly dispatched.

Dumats Intro

Dumats is then brought on at left back for the alst 10 minutes as Amkar go to a 4-2-4 formation.

Nothing exciting happened in the last 10 minutes.

FT: Khimki 1 v 1 Amkar

Full Time Amkar Stats

Week ending Sunday 15th July 2007

Azeryk has turned down a new contract with Middlesbrough, he wants bigger bonuses.

Lui has penned a new deal with Qingdao.

Ipswich have made an offer of £925k for Professor Frink.

Torino are now also interested in Koppers. However, FC Twente's manager has said that Koppers is going nowhere.

Freealdinho has rejected a new contract with Torquay and decides to join Swansea (League One).

Bill has dislocated his shoulder and will be out for 2 months. Bill rejects a new contract offer from Belenenses. Calgari have also become interested in him.

Player Cam Match Report

Sat 14th July: Amkar (15th) v (7th) Torpedo Moscow - league match

Dumats again starts on the bench.

Amkar take a deserved lead after 38th with their centre mid tapping into an unguarded net after good work by Amkar's striker.

HT: Amkar 1 v 0 Torpedo Moscow

Dumats Intro

Dumats replaces one of Amkar's strikers after 54 minutes as Amkar switch to a 4-5-1 formation.

Dumats starts a move around the hour mark that leads to an Amkar penalty, which is converted. 2-0.

Torpedo pull one back with 5 minutes to go, one of their players being quickest to a rebound from a freekick.

FT: Amkar 2 v 1 Torpedo Moscow

Full Time Amkar Stats

Dumats didn't really do a lot, as his stats suggest.

Week ending Sunday 22nd July 2007

Maldinov will join Pescara on a season long loan deal.

Koppers has publicly announced that the pressure of interest from other clubs is getting to him. FC Twente have now announced that they do not wish to sell him. However, that hasn't stopped Chelsea and Lazio putting in £4m bids for the him. Man Utd, PSV, Milan and Bayern Munich are also interested in him.

Sheff Wed are interested in Habib Halali.

Taphouse has rejected a new Man City contract, wanting bigger bonus payments.

Stelios has rejected a new Middlesbrough contract, wanting a bigger wage and bonus payments.

World Rankings - July 2007

After a really quiet month in June when hardly any countries moved up or down, this month everything went beserk!! There were several countries around the world moving up 40 or 50 places! The biggest rise went to Malaysia, who climbed a ridiculous 57 places in one month to go to 95th in the world. icon_eek.gif

Kyrgyzstan up 5 places to 120th. icon14.gif

Turkmenistan up 17 places to 143rd. icon14.gificon14.gif

This gave me an idea of seeing where the 5 other 'stans' are in the world at the moment:

1. Uzbekistan 45th

2. Kazakhstan 101st

3. Kyrgyzstan 120th

4. Tajikistan 127th

5. Turkmenistan 143rd

6. Pakistan 158th

7. Afghanistan 175th

So still a long way to go before either team can be crowned best 'stan' in the world.

Player Cam report on Dumats from Sat will follow.

Player Cam Match Report

Sat 23rd July: Dinamo Moscow (4th) v (14th) Amkar - league match

Dumats starts on what appears to be his favoured position of late - the bench icon_wink.gif

12 minutes in and Amkar score with the first shot of the game, a belter from 20 yards.

Dinamo pin Amkar back into their own half, but on 29 minutes with virtually everyone in the Amkar penalty area, the ball is cleared to the half way line where a Dinamo defender massively underhits a pass back to the keeper and its all to easy for the Amkar striker who gets to the ball first and slots it away.

HT: Dinamo Moscow 0 v 2 Amkar

Dumats Intro

Dumats comes on at half time for an injured striker as Amkar go into their 4-5-1 formation.

Surprisingly, Dinamo offered nothing in the second half and a couple of good challenges by Dumats sums up Amkar's defence in this game - solid.

FT: Dinamo Moscow 0 v 2 Amkar

Full Time Amkar Stats

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Freealdinho has rejected a new contract with Torquay and decides to join Swansea (League One). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Swansea it is then, I take it that the transfer will go through on 1st July.

Did you make league 1 playable? (Freealdinho on player cam icon_wink.gif)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Freealdinho has rejected a new contract with Torquay and decides to join Swansea (League One). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Swansea it is then, I take it that the transfer will go through on 1st July.

Did you make league 1 playable? (Freealdinho on player cam icon_wink.gif) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The transfer has gone through and yes League One is playable.

As for player cam - you'll have to wait and see icon_wink.gif

Week ending 31st July 2007

Pablo Gonzalez has interest from Lyon.

Lyon have also declared an interest in Alan.

Selim Atas has rejected a new contract with Athletico Madrid, demanding a bigger appearance bonus.

After having their initial offer rejected, Chelsea have made a new offer of £4.9m for Koppers which has been accepted.

Robson has signed a new contract with Vicenza till June 2010.

Zenith St Petersburg have had an £850k offer for Dumats accepted.

Swansea have come in with a £1m offer for Professor Frink.

Player Cam - Dumats was an unused sub as Amkar drew 0-0 at home to FC Moscow.

Asian Cup 2007

Although neither of the 2 teams were present, I thought I would keep you informed of the results from the knockout stage:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Quarter Finals

Bahrain 1 v 4 South Korea

Qatar 1 v 2 Japan

Iran 1 v 2 China

Saudi Arabia 2 v 0 Australia

Semi Finals

South Korea v China

Japan v Saudi Arabia

</pre>

Player Cam for the month of August will follow... Elfdog at Watford.

and finally...

World Cup 2010 Qualifying

The 1st qualifying round has been made and is a 2 legged tie played at the start of December:

Kyrgyzstan v Nepal

Turkmenistan go straight into the 2nd round.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Zenith St Petersburg have had an £850k offer for Dumats accepted. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nice, that's one of the bigger Russian teams

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">After having their initial offer rejected, Chelsea have made a new offer of £4.9m for Koppers which has been accepted. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is very exciting icon_razz.gif

Chelski huh. Is Koppers going to give Cashley Cole a run for his place in the starting eleven?

Week ending Sunday 5th August 2007

Dumats has agreed terms with Zenith petersburg and has moved there for a fee of £675k. He claims he can't wait for his debut at his new team.

Koppers has agreed terms with Chelsea and has joined for an initial fee of £3.9m.

Birkinaldo has signed a new contract with Tranmere.

Vitesse have made a £1m offer for Professor Frink. However, he actually signs a new contract with Bournemouth meaning that he will probably be going nowhere in the short term.

Frosinone have made an offer to loan Tomaldinho till the end of the season.

Alan has rejected the offer of a new contract from Sevilla, wanting higher bonuses.

The boss of Zaragoza has said that he will let Gonzalez go if he receives a good offer for the player. With Lyon interested in him, it may not be long before he moves on.

Asian Cup 2007

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Semi Finals

South Korea 2 v 1 China

Japan 1 v 2 Saudi Arabia

Final

South Korea 2 v 1 Saudi Arabia

</pre>

South Korea has won the Asia Cup 2007.

Earlier in the summer, Brazil won the Copa America 2007, beating Chile 3-0 in the final.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Vitesse have made a £1m offer for Professor Frink. However, he actually signs a new contract with Bournemouth meaning that he will probably be going nowhere in the short term. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why O Why did I have to sign a new contract with a league 2 team. icon_mad.gif

I have to say I didn't expect Koppers to progress that soon. Already with Chelsea.

The best thing with this is that you can have a lot of fun with the sign up also as a leftback icon_smile.gif

Looking forward to see how the first season at Chelsea will be.

And hopefully Koppers will be picked for the national team!

Great work and super updates.

Well done WW.

Week ending Sunday 12th August 2007

Wigan manager Paul Jewell has said that he is looking into acquiring the services of Ali Obeid. However West Ham manager Mark Hughes has said he is not looking to sell Ali Obeid. Notts Forest have made a 5 month loan offer for him.

Wolves, QPR, Portsmouth, Notts Forest, Norwich and Preston all made offers to loan Davo for 5 months. He decided to join Norwich.

Albinoleffe, Bologna, Livorno, Empoli, Genoa and Reggina have made loan offers til the end of the season for AC Milan's Rossini.

Ancona have made a loan offer for Tomaldinho till the end of the season, which has been accepted by Lazio.

Crystal Palace and Vitesse have not been put off by Frink signing a new contract at Bournemouth and have both made an offer of £975k for him. Bournemouth accept these 2 offers. Newcastle have also made an offer of £675k.

Koppers has already made his debut for Chelsea. He came on in the 2nd half of Chelsea's Champs League 3rd round Qual 1st leg at home to NK Dinamo. Chelsea won 3-0.

Player Cam Match Report

Sun 19th Aug: Tottenham v Watford - league match

Despite playing the vast majority of the pre-season friendlies (hence why picked for player cam), Elfdog is relegated to the bench for the 1st game of the season.

Lee, the Watford goalie passes the ball straight to Tim Cahill, who slots it right back passed him. Elfdog looks on with despair. 5 minutes gone, 0-1.

5 minutes later, Cahill grabs his second on his debut for Spurs. 0-2.

Its a third for spurs just before the half hour as Lennon feeds Berbatov.

HT: Tottenham 3 v 0 Watford

Spurs have had 3 shots on target and scored 3 goals. If only Elfdog was in goal. The Watford GK is on 5 at the moment.

Berbatov hits the post after 65 minutes.

Berbatov makes it 0-4 in injury time running onto a long ball. The commentator even says the Watford GK has had a torrid day.

FT: Tottenham 4 v 0 Watford

Watford's GK ends with a rating of 4. Get Elfdog in goal for the next match.

Archived