The Commentators Curse: Volume 1 – The Battle of the ‘stans’ (Holiday / Sign Up

Week ending Sunday 25th February 2007

As a result of the mass call ups to the U23s, Turkmenistan were always going to struggle against Uzbekistan without any of their superkids:

Turkmenistan 0 v 4 Uzebekistan

Everybody should look at that screenshot, just to read the ref's name - some parents must be having a laugh!

Freealdinho in addition to his interest by Hull, is now wanted by Liverpool.

Luke Swinson after a fine season with Kidderminster, has attracted the attention of Arsenal.

Injury News

Dumats is out for 2 weeks with a strained neck.

Mendieta is out for a week with a bruised head.

Stelios will be out for 2 weeks with a bruised rib.

On a happier note, De Santiago has been called up to the U23s squad.

So a depleted squad for Weds 2nd leg for Turkmenistan, but they should still coast it at home.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Turkmenistan U23s v Pakistan U23s

Weds 28th March: Olympic Games Asian Preliminary Round 2nd Leg

Pre Match

Only 10 of you start due to injuries, Gonzalez the unfortunate one on the bench. Swinson is again the captain.

Pakistan foul Swinson in the penalty area after 8 minutes. Up steps... Koppers for the penalty, which he calmly dispatches. 1-0.

Within 30 seconds of the restart, Atas releases Ali Obeid who slots home, 2-0.

Ali Obeid steals the ball off the Pakistan defender on the half way line, runs towards goal, shoots, the ball trickles towards the line but a Pakistan defender gets back in time to clear to safety.

Great cross by Ali Obeid on the right, bullet header by Atas from 6 yards, 3-0 after 25 minutes. The word rout springs to mind..

There were several more half chances before the interval.

HT: Turkmenistan U23s 3 v 0 Pakistan U23s

Half Time

Swinson is subbed at half-time, his replacement becomes captain.

54 minutes gone and whilst Ali Obeid is off the field having treatment, Turkmenistan calmly pass it round, Koppers passing it to Tomaldinho who decides 'what the hell, lets have a shot from 30 yards' - oh, it went in! 4-0.

FT: Turkmenistan U23s 4 v 0 Pakistan U23s

Match Stats

Player Stats

Turkmenistan U23s win 7-0 on agg and will play Tajikistan U23s in the 1st round next month.

Shame that Gonzalez didn't get on for the last few minutes, especially as David Pleat only used 2 of his subs.

Atas gets the MOM award, which is fair enough - in my opinion just pipping Ali Obeid for it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Freealdinho in addition to his interest by Hull, is now wanted by Liverpool. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Interesting!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Luke Swinson after a fine season with Kidderminster, has attracted the attention of Arsenal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hopefully i'll get a move to them and it might be my big break. Could I have a screenshot of Luke Swinson WW.

KUTGW icon14.gif

Week ending Sunday 1st April 2007

Freealdinho nows claims to be feeling the pressure now that clubs are interested in him.

Everton are now interested in Luke Swinson, as well as Arsenal.

Professor Frink is out for 1-2 months with strained knee ligaments.

Abdullah Muhammed Ali Obeid is feeling jaded and in need of a rest.

Salman Al-Dahash has finished his tutoring with Rufete at Espanyol. He has learnt another PPM - 'hugs the touchline'. Rufete is now listed under his favoured personel, but Rufete doesn't reciprocate the feelings under his favoured personel.

Jacariah Birkinaldo is now no longer considering his future at Tranmere and is happy to continue playing there.

Player Cam's player of the month for April is... Davo, who is currently on loan from West Ham to Cheltenham Town. (Will also be able to offer snippets of info about Ali Obeid as he is also on loan at Cheltenham).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jeffhardy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Luke Swinson after a fine season with Kidderminster, has attracted the attention of Arsenal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hopefully i'll get a move to them and it might be my big break. Could I have a screenshot of Luke Swinson WW.

KUTGW icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, things are looking up for Swinson and Freealdinho. Perhaps the season of playing lower league regular football made be an advantage to you next season if you are at a big club trying to get the first team.

I'm planning to release everyone's screenshot on the 1st June, the day after the inaugrual Kyrgyzstan v Turkmenistan contest has finished icon14.gif

Player Cam Match Report

Sat 7th April: Cheltenham (14th) v (15th) Brentford - league match

Davo starts at RB in a 4-4-2 formation. (Ali Obeid also starts up front)

Ali Obeid has 3 chances in the first 20 minutes, all saved well by the Brentford keeper.

In injury time in the 1st half, Ali Obeid is first to latch onto a misplaced pass in the Brentford penalty area and at last puts one of his shots in the net.

HT: Cheltenham 1 v 0 Brentford

Half Time Stats

Complete domination by Cheltenham, should be more than one goal ahead. Davo has played well, looking solid and playing some good through balls.

Sloppy play by the Cheltenham centre backs almost lets in Shipperly to score for Brentford early in the 2nd half.

Davo plays a fantastic ball from the half way line to the feet of the Cheltenham forward who dinks the ball past the onrushing keeper. 2-0. Great assist, even the commentator agrees by saying 'Davo is justifying all of the recent praise'.

Ali Obeid picks up a knock and is subbed after 69 minutes.

Brentford become more attacking as they try to get back into the game, but Cheltenham's keeper and the crossbar keeps them at bay.

FT: Cheltenham 2 v 0 Brentford

Full Time Stats

Strong performance by Davo, West Ham have got a good full back there. (Ali Obeid also had a good game)

Good work again WW! I like the player cam reports, they add a personal touch to this game!

Hermandinho is a solid defender in the U23. Well done! And a one time vice-captain for the team. Not too shabby for a defender who never plays for his team...

Week ending Sunday 8th April 2007

De Santiago and Alan were unused subs in Sevilla's UEFA Cup 1st leg Q Final at home to PSG. Score 1-1.

Sam Taphouse is wanted by Port Vale, presumably for loan purposes. No offers as yet though.

Ryan is wanted by Livorno of Italy - his spell in Canada could be nearing an end.

Turkus Mendieta, the only player still not to have made his debut for his club's first team, is attracting attention from Maritimo of Portugal.

Hermandinho is out for 1-3 weeks with a groin strain.

Pffft, Yemen, piece of cake! Bring'm on!

It doesn't look like Chaoconov will volunteer to carry the Turkmenistan flag at the Olympics though. He gets tired a bit too easily for that. icon_smile.gif

Put him on a physical training regime, Anderlecht!

Player Cam Match Report

Mon 9th April: Crewe (15th) v (13th) Cheltenham - league match

Davo starts at RB again, Ali Obeid up front. 4-4-2 formation.

Crewe take the lead after just 2 minutes with a firecracker of ashot from the edge of the area. In off the post, 0-1.

Crewe continue to pile on the pressure, but Cheltenham hold firm.

HT: Crewe 1 v 0 Cheltenham

Ali Obeid has a fine shot tipped round the post by the keeper.

64 minutes gone and after a midfield scrap, the ball emerges in Davo's direction who gives it a big boot upfield. The keeper fatally hesitates to come out and collect and Ali Obeid is there to apply the finish. 1-1. Another assist for Davo and Ali Obeid's 20th goal of the season.

Ali Obeid is then taken off straight away.

Davo picks up a knock but continues to play.

2-1 Cheltenham, its been coming - cross from the right headed in.

Davo is then subbed off straight after the goal.

FT: Crewe 1 v 2 Cheltenham

Full Time Stats

For as good as Crewe were in the 1st half, Cheltenham were even better in the 2nd half. What a turn around since half-time.

Ali Obeid gets the MOM award.

I've decided that from Feb 1st till June 1st is too long to go without the games played screenshot, so here they are:

Turkmenistan Players

Kyrgyzstan Players

Call-ups for Olympic Games Qualifiers (14th/21st April):

Kyrgyzstan - Mark Lawrenson calls up 15/16, only the injured Prof Frink misses out.

Turkmenistan - David Pleat call ups 14/16, only the injured Hermandinho and Rossini miss out.

Turkmenistan U23s v Yemen U23s

Sat 14th April: Olympic Games Asian Qualifying 1st Round 1st Leg

Pre Match

All 11 starters are the superkids - with De Santiago and Gonzalez on the bench. Swinson is captain once more. Libertinho is surprisingly dropped from the match day squad - blame David Pleat!

Atas hits the bar in the 1st minute.

7 minutes gone and Dumats, in his first app for the U23s, takes a freekick 20 yards out. It hits the wall but he follows it up and smacks the ball into the bottom corner of the goal. 1-0, great start.

7 minutes later and Koppers hits a 55 yard ball into the opp's area, Ali Obeid is the quickest to react to the situation and heads it into the net. 2-0.

Ali Obeid, despite being a centre mid this game is playing like a 3rd striker and in the 29th minute, collects a long throw into the area by Chaoconov, spins his man and finishes well. 3-0.

Dumats plays a suicidal back pass towards Maldinov, who somehow beats the opp striker to the ball to clear. Funnily enough, that clearance 30 seconds later leads to a penalty for Turkmenistan. Up steps Koppers to make it 4-0, 40 minutes gones.

Just before injury time begins, Koppers whips in a ball from the left and Ali Obeid heads home to complete his hattrick.

HT: Turkmenistan U23s 5 v 0 Yemen U23s

Half Time

Stelios is substituted at half time for a random. Ali Obeid now goes up front, despite effectively being there for the whole of the 1st half!

On 54 minutes, Dumats sends in a looping freekick from the right flank, which a Yemen player kindly heads into his own net. 6-0.

2 minutes later, Swinson leaves 2 men for dead - slides the ball back for Dumats who powers in his second of the game from outside the area. 7-0.

Ali Obeid is subbed after 80 minutes, on comes Gonzalez.

Turkmenistan are just passing it around at will, the ball comes forward to Atas who decides he might as well shoot and slides it in from 15 yards. 8-0.

Swinson is subbed in injury time.

FT: Turkmenistan U23s 8 v 0 Yemen U23s

Match Stats

Playe Stats

MOM went to Ali Obeid, which is thoroughly deserved, although Dumats might have won it if he hadn't have played that poor backpass to Maldinov. 4 ten ratings, good showing lads icon14.gif

I think you would back Turkmenistan to progress - Iran be warned!

Kyrgyzstan U23s v Tajikistan U23s

Pre Match

9 of the superkids start, Freealdinho, Alan, Sam Taphouse and Habib Halali all on the bench. Somewhat shockingly, Elfdog and George Robson don't make the squad! The captain is one of the other two.

Early warning for Kyrgyzstan as the opp striker is through on goal in the 2nd minute but pulls his shot wide.

Azeryk finishes nicely after 10 minutes to make it 1-0. Assist for Capt random.

Within 20 seconds of the restart Benj almost scores a spectacular lob from the half way line with the goalie stranded. Just wide.

After a couple of pop-shots, Azeryk is on hand to make it 2-0 with a tap in.

Capt random gets another assist, this time crossing from the left for Al-Dahash to volley home. 3-0, 29 minutes gone.

Counter attack down the right, Azeryk crosses into the box and Bill makes no mistake. 4-0.

HT: Kyrgyzstan U23s 4 v 0 Tajikistan U23s

Half Time Stats

Bill almost scores 9 seconds into the 2nd half, the Tajikistani keeper having to tip the ball over for a corner.

After 63 minutes, Taphouse replaces capt random. Captain is now Davo.

Azeryk looked to have got his hattrick but it was ruled out for offside.

74 minutes gone and Freealdinho comes on to replace Bartinho.

Azeryk does get his hattrick with a nice finish from a tight angle.

Benj is replaced by Habib Halali who takes the captains armband off Davo!

With a minute remaining Bill scores the 6th with a close range header from a Taphouse freekick by the right corner flag.

FT: Kyrgyzstan U23s 6 v 0 Tajikistan U23s

Match Stats

Player Stats

Very comfortable win, Kyrgyzstan took their foot off the gas in the 2nd half.

MOM goes to Azeryk for his hat-trick.

Both teams should easily qualify now icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fleece:

tell ryan to get outa my spot </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can't tell Lawrence how to do his job, Fleece. Although I muyst say, he's doing a good one by selecting me.

Livorno, eh? Good enough for me! Get me outta Toronto!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Everybody should look at that screenshot, just to read the ref's name - some parents must be having a laugh! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"ay ay ye ko ko jambo ay ay yea" was a big hit in asia icon_smile.gif

A m.o.m and those goals are the signs of a long and succsesfull intenational career. come on Turkmenistan, off to pre-semi elemination round.

Week ending Sunday 15th April 2007

Not much to report.

Bill is apparently 'considering his options' at Belenenses.

In the absence of Davo from Cheltenham, I won't do a player cam report on their game yesterday, only to say that they drew 1-1 at home to Bradford. Davo has played his last game for Cheltenham as his loan deal expires on th 19th.

Ali Obeid loan deal with Cheltenham expired on the 13th, so he has returned to West Ham.

Tajikistan U23s v Kyrgyzstan U23s

Sat 21st April: Olympic Games Asian Qualifying 1st Round 2nd Leg

Pre Match

10 of the superkids start (both Ryan and Halali), with Elfdog, Taphouse and Freealdinho on the bench. Alan is not included as he picked up a last mintue injury (stubbed toe) and neither is George Robson. Captain is the one non-superkid.

2nd minute, the Tajikistan keeper decides very kindly to pass the ball to Bill who is 6 yards out and wasn't going to miss. 1-0. Shambles.

Al-Dahash steals the ball off a midfielder, who feeds Bill who feeds Azeryk and its 2-0. 14 minutes gone.

Despite not appearing to have an injury or playing badly, Bill is subbed after just 33 minutes. Mark Lawrenson is having a laugh it appears with the formation, 4-2-1-2-1, weird looking.

HT: Tajikistan U23s 0 v 2 Kyrgyzstan U23s

Half Time Stats

Al-Dahash comes off at half-time, replaced by Taphouse.

A very defensive looking Kyrgyzstan appear to be content just to pass it around at the back. 69 minutes gone, Davo hoists a long ball into the area, even though there isn't a Kyrgyzstan player anywhere near him, a Tajikistan defender beautifully places his header into the corner of his own goal. 2 comical goals Tajikistan have conceded today now, 3-0.

Taphouse was yellow carded after 82 minutes.

FT: Tajikistan U23s 0 v 3 Kyrgyzstan U23s

Full Time Player Stats

Match Stats

Very comfortable second half, if a tad boring.

Lui was awarded MOM, which I feel is ridiculous as he only had one save to make, so I am awarding Benj the MOM award as he looked solid in midfield throughout the game. Bill probably would have won it if he had stayed on the pitch for longer!

Kyrgyzstan U23s win 9-0 on agg.

They will play Oman U23s in the next round in September.

Yemen U23s v Turkmenistan U23s

Sat 21st April: Olympic Games Asian Qualifying 1st Round 2nd Leg

Pre Match

10 of the superkids start, De Santiago, Dumats and Gonzalez on the bench. Ali Obeid is rested I believe rather than dropped. Captain is Swinson again.

Stelios has a shot well saved, Atas can't get to the rebound first.

40 minutes in, goal kick by Yemen, Chaoconov wins the header that sends Stelios through, who scores this time. 1-0.

HT: Yemen U23 0 v 1 Turkmenistan U23s

Half Time Stats

Comfortable first half, not put under any pressure.

Swinson cuts inside, passes to Atas, who scores from 25 yards. 2-0, 60 minutes gone.

Tomaldinho has a couple of long shots that go wide.

71st minute, Swinson and Stelios off, on come Gonzalez and Dumats.

Chaoconov decided to showboat and beat his opponent countless times before floating a ball in from the left, which Gonzalez headed home.

FT: Yemen U23s 0 v 3 Turkmenistan U23s

Match Stats

Player Stats

Turkmenistan never really got out of 2nd gear for this game and didn't need to anyway.

MOM is awarded to Chaoconov, which I agree with as he gave 2 good assists.

Turkmenistan U23s win 11-0 on agg.

They will now meet Iran U23s in September.

Week ending Sunday 22nd April 2007

World Ranking April 2007:

Only first team games count so the U23s games won't count next month.

Kyrgyzstan drop one place to 117th.

Turmkenistan drop two places 160th.

Even though none of you are involved in the Champions League anymore, I thought you might like to see how its progressing:

Champs League KO Tree

In the UEFA Cup, the semi-final line up is:

Feyenoord v Sporting Lisbon

PSG v Dynamo Kiev

I will produce the final league tables for your clubs as and when competitions finish.

Professor Frink is the only one staring down the barrel of relegation. Bournemouth are 4 points from safety with just 2 games to go.

Anderlecht could win the title - 4 points clear with 3 games to go, although Chaoconov may not get a medal due to amount of games played.

FC Twente are in the Dutch European places playoff 1st round - Koppers started the 1st leg match, which they lost at home 0-1, 24 hours after playing against Yemen U23s!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Professor Frink is the only one staring down the barrel of relegation. Bournemouth are 4 points from safety with just 2 games to go. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bah, better ask for that transfer

Player Cam Match Report

Sat 23rd April: West Ham (15th) v (10th) Tottenham - league match

Much to my surprise due to the fact that Davo is in need of a rest, he is included on the subs bench for West Ham in this game.

A long ball counter attack by West Ham sees Zamora round the keeper and make it 1-0 after 30 minutes.

HT: West Ham 1 v 0 Tottenham

Lucas Neill makes it 2-0 3 minutes into the 2nd half after a freekick on the left.

Berbatov gets one back o the hour mark with a curling shot into the far post.

West Ham make a 3rd sub but not Davo. so he will stay on the bench - but still great experience for him at the end of a good season with Cheltenham.

Despite both teams surreally going to a 4-2-4 system with 10 minutes to go, no goals were scored.

FT: West Ham 2 v 1 Tottenham

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">FC Twente are in the Dutch European places playoff 1st round - Koppers started the 1st leg match, which they lost at home 0-1, 24 hours after playing against Yemen U23s! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's murder.

Happy to score goals on international level, didn't know Koppers was a good penalty taker.

Just my luck to be on the bench on all the player cam reports.

Week ending Sunday 29th April 2007

Professor Frink, recovering from injury, could only look on with despair as Bournemouth lost their penultimate league game 1-2 to Oldham, meaning they are relegated from League One.

Tomaldinho of Casa Pia, Italy, has suddenly attracted the attention of Marseille, Livorno and Fiorentina.

Davo has caught the eye of 7 english clubs (all Championship or League One teams), presumably for loan purposes.

Ali Obeid on a similar note, is attracting attention from Bournemouth (oh dear!) and Northampton.

Bill is out for 3-4 weeks and with The Stanlies Cup only 1 month away, he could be a doubt for Kyrgyzstan now.

Elfdog who has had a good season for Redditch, will definitely miss The Stanlies Cup, recntly straining his knee ligaments. Will be out for 1-2 months.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Walcott's Wonderkids:

Turkmenistan U23s v Yemen U23s

Pre Match

All 11 starters are the superkids - with De Santiago and Gonzalez on the bench. Swinson is captain once more. Libertinho is surprisingly dropped from the match day squad - blame David Pleat!

Atas hits the bar in the 1st minute.

7 minutes gone and Dumats, in his first app for the U23s, takes a freekick 20 yards out. It hits the wall but he follows it up and smacks the ball into the bottom corner of the goal. 1-0, great start.

7 minutes later and Koppers hits a 55 yard ball into the opp's area, Ali Obeid is the quickest to react to the situation and heads it into the net. 2-0.

Ali Obeid, despite being a centre mid this game is playing like a 3rd striker and in the 29th minute, collects a long throw into the area by Chaoconov, spins his man and finishes well. 3-0.

Dumats plays a suicidal back pass towards Maldinov, who somehow beats the opp striker to the ball to clear. Funnily enough, that clearance 30 seconds later leads to a penalty for Turkmenistan. Up steps Koppers to make it 4-0, 40 minutes gones.

Just before injury time begins, Koppers whips in a ball from the left and Ali Obeid heads home to complete his hattrick.

HT: Turkmenistan U23s 5 v 0 Yemen U23s

Half Time

Stelios is substituted at half time for a random. Ali Obeid now goes up front, despite effectively being there for the whole of the 1st half!

On 54 minutes, Dumats sends in a looping freekick from the right flank, which a Yemen player kindly heads into his own net. 6-0.

2 minutes later, Swinson leaves 2 men for dead - slides the ball back for Dumats who powers in his second of the game from outside the area. 7-0.

Ali Obeid is subbed after 80 minutes, on comes Gonzalez.

Turkmenistan are just passing it around at will, the ball comes forward to Atas who decides he might as well shoot and slides it in from 15 yards. 8-0.

Swinson is subbed in injury time.

FT: Turkmenistan U23s 8 v 0 Yemen U23s

Match Stats

Playe Stats

MOM went to Ali Obeid, which is thoroughly deserved, although Dumats might have won it if he hadn't have played that poor backpass to Maldinov. 4 ten ratings, good showing lads icon14.gif

I think you would back Turkmenistan to progress - Iran be warned! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I knew Dumats would come along! This is really fun, go Turkmenistan!

Week ending Sunday 6th May 2007

The UEFA Cup Final will be between:

Feyenoord v PSG

The Champions League Final will be between:

Lyon v Bayern Munich

Luke Swinson now has a 3rd club interested in him - Liverpool.

Swansea become the 3rd club interested in Freealdinho

Professor Frink may not want to look:

England - League One

Birkinaldo will be content with where Tranmere finished, it could have been worse!

Week ending Sunday 13th May 2007

You know sometimes you read about stories in the paper that completely gob-smack you, well this is one of them...

Roberto Rossini of Vittoria, who hasn't played a single game in since the end of November due to 2 separate injuries, one straight after the other, is wanted by Milan, Lyon, Deportivo and Liverpool. You can't make some of this stuff up!

Everton have made an offer for Luke Swinson of £650K.

Empoli have joined the list of clubs after Tomaldinho.

Salman Al-Dahash becomes the next Kyrgyzstani player to be ruled out of The Stanlies Cup, out for 3-4 weeks with a twisted ankle.

Salvation for Professor Frink possibly, he is wanted by Swansea.

Liverpool has sensationally won the English Premiership, starting 3rd before the last series of games, defeats for Man Utd at home to Watford and Chelsea away to Middlesbrough meant that Liverpool's win away to Portsmouth won them the title!

England - Premier League

Stelios will be happy that Boro have qualified for Europe and West Ham have narrowly avoided relegation, a relief for Davo and Ali Obeid. Man City finished in 8th for Taphouse.

Week ending Sunday 20th May 2007

Feyenoord have won the UEFA Cup, beating PSG 2-1 in the final.

The Portuguese league has finished, with Sporting Lisbon winning easily. Braga qualify for the UEFA Cup next season, Belenenses finish in midtable.

Portugal - Premier League

Anderlecht win the Belgian Premier Division by 5 points, but Chaoconov does not get a medal due to only playing 7 games.

Belgium - Premier League

The Dutch league has finished, but I will wait till their mindboggling playoff system for European places is complete before releasing the table.

Kidderminster have stalled on accepting Everton's offer for Luke Swinson, just wanting more money I guess.

With a week to go to The Stanlies Cup, more players pick up niggling injuries...

Benj is out for 2 days - 1 week with a bruised heel.

Koppers is out for up to 5 days with a bruised head.

The Call Ups:

Turkmenistan have called up 15 of the superkids - only Koppers with his injury is left out of the 1st leg squad.

Kyrgyzstan call up the 12 fit superkids for the 1st leg.

Kyrgyzstan v Turkmenistan

Sat 26th May: The 2007 Stanlies Cup 1st Leg

Welcome to the inaugrual Stanlies Cup match, a 2 legged tie between Kyrgyzstan and Turkmenistan played at the end of May each year. Just to inform everyone, I have decided that away goals will count in the result of a tie over the 2 legs and if it is still a tie after that, the cup will be shared. There will also be 6 substitutions for each team if they so wish.

Line Ups

Mark Lawrenson has selected 10 of the 12 Kyrgyzstan superkids to start, with Freealdinho and Habib Halali on the bench. Alan is captain.

David Pleat has given starting places to 11 of the Turkmenistan superkids, with Rossini, Gonzalez and Ali Obeid on the bench. De Santiago does not make the bench. Swinson is captain.

Pre Match TV Talk

My opinion: I'm sitting on the fence and say it will be a draw icon_razz.gif

A quiet opening was brought to life when Alan chased a ball down the right for Kyrgyzstan, crossed it in and Azeryk got to the cross first and fired it home. 1-0 after 18 minutes.

2 minutes later, Alan went on a storming run, passed to Azeryk on the edge of the area, who fired over.

First shot for Turkmenistan after 30 minutes, but Atas hits it well wide.

Lui makes a fine save from Atas's powerful long range effort.

33 minutes in and Birkinaldo heads a Turkmenistan goal kick right back into their half, Alan runs onto the ball but shoots well wide.

Mark Lawrenson is using his strange tactic again - 33 minutes have passed and Alan is subbed off for Habib Halali as Kyrgyzstan turn to their defensive 4-2-1-2-1 formation again.

Lui is on fire, first a double stop against Stelios and Chaoconov, then a tip over the bar after a shot by Tomaldinho.

HT: Kyrgyzstan 1 v 0 Turkmenistan

Half Time Match Stats

Half Time Player Ratings

Professor Frink is subbed off at half time. Rossini replaces Chaoconov for the 2nd half.

Not much happened in the first 15 minutes after the restart, so David Pleat made some changes, off went Taraldo, Libertinho and Stelios, on came Ali Obeid, Gonzalez and another.

A nice move by Kyrgyzstan on the right wing after 70 minutes resulted in Davo feeding a ball through to Azeryk on the edge of the area, who slotted it in the bottom corner. 2-0.

Azeryk was then substituted, going off to a standing ovation, replaced by Freealdinho. Ryan was also subbed off. Tomaldinho and Atas were also subbed off for Turkmenistan at this moment.

79 minutes and Bartinho is replaced.

Both teams had half chances in the remaining minutes, but nothing clear cut.

FT: Kyrgyzstan 2 v 0 Turkmenistan

Full Time Match Stats

Turkmenistan Match Stats

Kyrgyzstan Match Stats

MOM goes to Azeryk and deservedly so.

Turkmenistan will have a lot of work to do in the 2nd leg, especially if Kyrgyzstan score an away goal.

Archived