Junior Coaching, Youth Facilities, Recruitment What does it all actually mean?

This all seems more in-depth than first meets the eye.

Reason why i ask is that I have 'Good' junior coaching as Bristol City, season 3 and Liverpool have 'Average' junior coaching, yet Liverpool are still producing much better youth players than I am. I have 'Average' youth facilities, so perhaps this is the reason why, but I fail to see, how 'junior coaching' comes into play.

Youth Recruitment - I am taking it that this means that the better this is, the better your new youth recruits will be.

Youth Setup Category - I know that no 1 is the highest, but what are the rewards?

Youth Facilities - What are the benefits of having top facilities?

Junior coaching - So what are the rewards of this?

Youth Recruitment = Increases likelihood of recruiting high PA youth and increasing how far your youth recruitment network will reach (low recruitment means you will probably only get local players who aren't recruited by bigger clubs, high recruitment means you will get top talent from all over the world). Youth recruitment, however, is also affected by your club's reputation.

Youth Facilities = The quality of the training facilities used by the players currently in your youth team. Good youth facilities will help your youth players improve more.

Junior Coaching = The quality of the coaching of the lower levels of your youth system. Basically, this represents coaching of youth players before they're generated as 14/15 year-olds. In terms of game mechanics, high junior coaching will increase the average ability of your youth players when they're first generated.

Youth Setup Category = no idea

So the Junior Coaching will give you better CA players but not necessarily better PA players? Or will it do both?

It will increase average CA. It shouldn't have any effect on PA.

Basically:

Recruitment = Regen PA

Junior Coaching = Regen CA

Youth Facilities = Rate of youth player CA improvement

Is this official? My experience would indicate otherwise.

Yes, it's official.

PA is determined by the youth rating and reputation of the nation, not the clubs. Youth recruitment and club reputation determine how effectively your club "bids" for a nation's high PA youth. After the youth are distributed, their starting CA is determined, to an extent, by the club's junior coaching.

OK. I guess the higher incidence of talented youngsters I have gotten while mostly investing in improving junior coaching has also coincided with increases in my clubs' reputation, and to an extent with improvements to recruitment. Stu Coleman does indicate that junior coaching has an effect on something else than merely CA though.

Youth Facilities = The quality of the training facilities used by the players currently in your youth team. Good youth facilities will help your youth players improve more.

just a thought. Although it has been thought that youth facilities are used by youth players, but ingame training section, the facilities for u18/u19 are always "training facilities" even for FM13, so does these young boys use training facilites or youth facilites?

just a thought. Although it has been thought that youth facilities are used by youth players, but ingame training section, the facilities for u18/u19 are always "training facilities" even for FM13, so does these young boys use training facilites or youth facilites?

Surely it would be 'youth facilities'. What do you mean by 'in game training section'?

Surely it would be 'youth facilities'. What do you mean by 'in game training section'?

at the club senior squad training area, where you set general training and match prep, bottom left will display "training facilites" and its star rating. Now, go to the u18/u19 squad training area, check the bottom left area, what facilities it display?

at the club senior squad training area, where you set general training and match prep, bottom left will display "training facilites" and its star rating. Now, go to the u18/u19 squad training area, check the bottom left area, what facilities it display?

I see what you mean although I think that's purely cosmetic. If you flip between U18 Squad and 1st team in the drop down menu, you'll see in the bottom right corner'overall workload' flickers, thus updating, whereby the training facilities stay the same.

Would be good if someone from SI could explain this as you're right, it should be displaying youth facilities.

Archived