First time handheld user

Hi, would like to ask about the difference between PC version and IOS version. Since IOS version seems to be coming out soon, so wanna take some advice before making the purchase.

With regard to PLAYER INSTRUCTION, we are allowed to setup different tactics for each individual player in PC version, but if it is the same for IOS version or we can only assign the roles (e.g. Winger, playmaker, Ball holding midielder, etc...) for our players without instructions like swapping position with another player? It seems all match results largely depend on the ability of players rather than tactics if we cannot set player instructions as in PC version.

Please kindly advice. :) Thanks

We're waiting to see exactly what FM13 has to offer as, disappointingly, there has been no communication about what features will be in this years release. You'll either have to buy it (when it eventually sees the light of day) and find out or wait and see what comments are made in this forum before you decide. Player instruction was extremely limited in FM12 (just assigning roles as you indicate) and there are many hoping that this will be addressed, I have my doubts due to the lack of publicity.

The release appears to be imminent though, so not long left to wait. I shall hold off to see what's in there first though.

I'd add that, while the tactics on FMH12 aren't massively in-depth, they do have a significant impact on results. Stick the best team in the world out in a bog-standard 4-4-2 and you won't see a lot of success. It could almost be said that tactics have too much influence on results.

Archived