The fans are slightly concerned, despite good results, the football being played is boring!

So here we are, Bristol City, sat in 4th position in the Championship Season 2 with 86pts, just 2pts from 1st place with 1 game to go. We have scored 76 goals (6th highest in the league) and conceded just 40 goals (best defence in the league).

Our media prediction was 15th and in two seasons we have only spent £264k and sold £5.2m worth of players. There were no stipulations from the board as to if we should play attacking football etc and this is what I read....

The board are delighted with the leadership qualities you are demonstrating.

The teams fantastic overall performance in the league has been a particular highlight.

The fans are slightly concerned that despite good recent results teh football played by the club has been less than exciting. :eek:

Now forgive me for one second, but why within the fan confidence section under matches it says the fans are 'okay' and when we're predicted to finish 15th and have the best defence conceding less than 1 goal per match and are the 6th highest scorers, why would they be concerned?

Anyone else had this, or something similar and have any suggestions?

What style are you playing i did a whole season as motherwell with attacking set and they loved it

But now new team i play standard and they moan

Plus if your winning it doesnt matter bit some managers like big sam and pulis will always be lessed liked ny the media than say a martinez or rodgers

What does it say in the "Board Promises" section of the confidence screen?

I ask because on the summary screen I always have complaints from the fans about the "less than exciting" football, but in the board promises page the board are happy about the "attacking style" we are playing.

It's nuts...

What style are you playing i did a whole season as motherwell with attacking set and they loved it

I'm playing a 41221 style. I created via the TC wizard and my DL is just below half way although some home games I do elect to push up and attack. I am using a DMs, DLPmc, mcA, AML/R, DLF.

What does it say in the "Board Promises" section of the confidence screen?

I ask because on the summary screen I always have complaints from the fans about the "less than exciting" football, but in the board promises page the board are happy about the "attacking style" we are playing.

It's nuts...

Nothing is in the Board Promises. Overall confidence it says that my board are delighted with my leadership qualities and the teams fantastic performance in the league.

• 1 year later...

Fans make the issue every time when you put more than one or two reserve or youth players in competitive match... So it really has nothing how good your team played, fans react badly about the fact who was on the pitch. I trully hope SI is going to change that because it makes no sense to tire your best players against lower league or even zonal team in let's say first round of national cup. Only if you manage big team and your board has no inetrest for hmm, league cup, fans do not care whom you put in team for such match.

So far i do like some of added options in responding to the media, like to make it clear that you count on all of your players and that there is no weakened teams of yours, but it looks like you're talking to the wall as there is no any trigered reaction on your philosophy. Pitty, would be nice if in future series SI think about making further development of manager to those who produce players and those who opt experience before youth. Or those who adopted the rotation style and those who want 11 superstars to run for them till they die on field :p... Would be nice to have that in game, ha? Like, if in time your name becomes well known as ''teacher'' who make players so youngsters choose to join your club looking to work under your command, rather then to worry about finances... Or in time your name becomes famous that you like long roster and that you give chance to everyone to remain fresh, which affect that your best players or those in rotation status don't rush in drama if you did not select them for two or three games in a row, and again, players with great other stats but not with high natural fitness would always look for your offer than to simply check the top box with amount of money typed...

Anyway, not sure if fans reaction has some minor influence on what your board will offer for your further contract if you are having results with the team, it is not something board consider as a biggie if fans moan about names, tho it is annoying, right?

Archived