1st team players selected for Reserves yet not picked in squad

Why is it that I have several 1st team players selected to play for my reserve team until they are match fit or just want them to get game time but for some reason my Reserve team manager does not pick them and opts to select my youth players instead.

How can I correct this so he plays the 1st team players that I requested?

Try changing the squad, hitting continue, then changing it back again and setting the reserve option. Try also the other reserve option, setting it to 90 mins.

Have tried the other option of 90 mins etc but still does not work. I'll try to select the team myself and then setting my reserve team manager to manage after and see what happens. You would think by default that it would automatically pick your 1st team players.

You might find that you cannot control your reserves in this version if you have an allocated reserve manager at the start of the game. If you want control, you need to sack him apparantly.

I have 12 players in my reserves and the current manager plays about 5 of them in a game and uses youths from the under 19s to fill up the squad- drives me crazy.

You might find that you cannot control your reserves in this version if you have an allocated reserve manager at the start of the game. If you want control, you need to sack him apparantly.

I have 12 players in my reserves and the current manager plays about 5 of them in a game and uses youths from the under 19s to fill up the squad- drives me crazy.

Just had a thought. Perhaps this is because the reserve side is actually an U21's team so therefore they can only play perhaps 5 players over the age of 21?

Reason that got me thinking this is I was just reading about the youth development at my local club (Bristol City), coupled with what you said and also watching Liverpool reserves in action a couple of months ago whereby it was mainly made up of kids.

I might do a quick test and sack my reserve team manager and see just how many players over the age of 21 I can actually play.

Edit:Just took a look at the rules for the reserves. It states that the match squad cannot have more than 4 players aged over 21 :thup:

Most annoying for keepers I find.

I want my keeper on the bench playing reserve games to keep fit n what not, but instead he choses whoever has least fitness regardless of whos better.

Really annoying also if 2 days later the reserve team has a u19 euro game that your first teamer is too old to play in. Common sense says play the older guy and dont burn out the kids, but not good enough for mr mcpharland :(

"I have 12 players in my reserves and the current manager plays about 5 of them in a game and uses youths from the under 19s to fill up the squad- drives me crazy. "

It is crazy!

"Even if you dont control the reserves or the under 19/18/17s, I still feel that you should be able to instruct the relevant manager to play a player, in a specific position for a particular game or set of games."

Yes you should, evermore since your AI-ass doesn't work that well.

My youth players get jaded and in need of rest since they get picked to the reserves to. They are not better players.

Even if you dont control the reserves or the under 19/18/17s, I still feel that you should be able to instruct the relevant manager to play a player, in a specific position for a particular game or set of games

Good shout. It is frustrating how it is atm.

"I have 12 players in my reserves and the current manager plays about 5 of them in a game and uses youths from the under 19s to fill up the squad- drives me crazy. "

It is crazy!

This is the official rules. It's to help blood younger players rather than have reserve sides clogged up with older players.

This is the official rules. It's to help blood younger players rather than have reserve sides clogged up with older players.

The reserve league rules allow for up tp 3 over 21 players and I have only 3 in the squad so his team choices are still crazy IMO

Archived