Loans at unsimulated clubs/leagues - FM12

Before I entrust my future starlets, I just want to double check that sending players on loan at an unsimulated league, gives them the same benefits of experience and attribute growth that they would get playing in a simulated one (in FM2012).

I'm playing as Plymouth now in the Prem after about 6 seasons, and got my board to find me a feeder club and they came back with all Scottish teams - I only have the English leagues running. So I picked Dundee (currently in Scottish First Division) and am now considering loaning them my next generation of talent, but hoping someone can reassure me this is still beneficial in an unsimulated league?

thanks. I did search to see if this had been asked before and apparently not.

Nobody can't tell you for sure, because SI didn't say and it is extremely hard to test it. You can start saves where you loan your player in both ways, then holiday a year and compare he CA gain, but there are so many factors that you'd need a very large test sample for meaningful conclusion.

It's a question that I've been wondering for a long time, because I don't see noticeable difference if I loan a player to lower division or keep him in reserves. But I gave up trying to figure it out.

Thanks for the responses. Similiar to you Mack, I never loan out U18 year olds as I think they are better off in my U18 team. Once beyond that, if they aren't good enough to be fringe players for my first team yet, I seek to loan them out. Where I differ is that rightly or wrongly I would rather they were getting first team football anywhere, than playing in my reserves, even if it's at a much lower level. In practice this rarely happens anyway as I guess their quality/rep is already high enough that I seem to mostly get only Championship and League one teams moving for them.

Archived