Mr Hough's Shout Combo It's The Future Thread

Massive thanks for this thread.

Having been struggling for a while with FM 2013 i had to take a completely new approach tot he game before I lost all of my hair.

I have now given up on the use of sliders completely, and use shout combos instead. Now my team are playing exactly like I want them to, and results have taken a 180 degree turn for the better.

I cant thank the OP and the the other tactics experts enough. You've saved my love of FM.

Lessons i learnt... Micro management is not needed in the slightest, in fact it over complicates things. Sensible formation for the players you have, combined with shouts to dictate the style of play produces the desired results. A classic case of Keep It Simple Stupid! :)

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What happened was that I created a tactic from one of the default tactics (can't remember which one now) and then dragged around the positions to get my 41221 and then adjusted the team mentality to standard. In doing this it gave me a deeper DL, Width and Tempo than when I created the exact same tactic from scratch using the TC.

Surely, they both should end up looking the same regardless of whether or not I had created it from an already preset tactic that SI made or if I had made it from scratch in the wizard.

I think it could possibly be a bug and is something that could definitely be replicated.

Glad I understood you correctly there. It is definitely an issue/bug then, even if the mechanics are working as designed (which they also might not be) because such a system could create a lot of confusion if you are trying to talk tactics with other players; Not to mention driving yourself crazy when your 4-4-2 looks identical on paper but no longer works in the same way because you re-created it starting with the "wrong" tactic.

I hope you repost this in the bugs forum.

I don't think Rangers is a good example for a tactic, It is the easiest team to manage in FM as they are too big for the very poor Scottish leagues.

Was bored so wanted a fun winning season and this is just from a basic tactic: Wasn't fun in the end as it was boring just clicking space bar constantly.

rangersn.png

Hope someone can help me with this:

1: I would like to have my players to keep ball and pass around when I have, be aggressive with retaining the ball and exploit the wings when the opposite team park the buss, so something like the Dortmund/Barca style. Which shouts should I use together with my 4-1-2-2-1 tactic?

2: And: I would like that all my teams play this style, but I guess its impossible to make sure that my reserve/youth manager use the shouts? Is it possible to save shourt to be a part of the tactic?

If previous updates are anything to go by then its time to tear up everything you thought you knew about football and start from scratch again! This is no doubt gonna sound very negative but the patch has just downloaded and now I don't want to go back to my saved game as I was actually doing well prior to the update....

hello guys it is me again.i have tried Mr Hough first FM 2013 tactic (the classic one) with new patch (13.2) and had a good performances.i used with Napoli and now i'm in the 2nd position in the league.i hope Mr Hough can tweak that tactic so it could more aggresive in goals.cheers

This thread is really helpful.

In the past I've browsed tactics on here, often using them for plug and play then tweaking them to suit my team as I progress.

I've been browsing through some of the discussions on this board and have taken the advice and had a go at making my own tactics using the TC.

Now I want to play short, patient football, on the deck, looking to retain possession. So I've set my team up with all the obvious tactics and shouts.

I've played just a couple of pre-season games, against lower league opposition (I'm a middling Championship side), and in both games we've dominated possession, had 16 and 17 shots respectively, yet only scored 1 goal. Most of our efforts are off target, frustratingly, and we didn't have any real CCCs.

So my questions:

1) Shall I stick with 'Control', or switch to maybe 'Counter' or 'Attacking'? Is 'Control' maybe expecting too much of my average Championship standard squad?

2) How can increase my shot on target to shots ratio?

I have long shots turned off (the obvious one), and I have them playing short football, working the ball into the box. But we still seem to end up hitting hopeful shots from poor positions.

Or is it just down to the familiarity with my tactics and just a case of the players adapting to this style of football?

Any help would be much appreciated.

But Thats my point ,, Tactics do not work at all in FMC ..

I thought it was me . but it doesnt matter what set up you have wile playing FMC all the results are so ramdom . and the fact you can not even use any shouts of your own means it is very much brocken in my view

Completely disagree. Tactics work just the same as in regular version. I have read up a lot on tactics lately and my results have improved dramatically. I use shouts as and when necessary just as real managers do. Works great. I think FMC is amazing.

Very good thread and I'm looking forward to more pics of how you setup vs different formations etc.

I do however have a few questions...

I noticed that your front 4 players all have 'Attacking' roles, is this not somewhat unbalanced? I have been reading many threads and tactics have been shot down as being unbalanced by some of the tactical gurus, because they do not have any attacking players on support roles etc. I know that you apply 'look for overlap' but if your winger is already set to 'attack', does this not give little opportunity for the fullback to overlap?

Where is the actual link between your defending players and attacking players? Is it the DM that you've now pushed into the MC pos? If so, would it not be easy for the AI to tight mark him and break down your play?

I just wonder if perhaps your tactic would be even better if one of your wingers was set to 'support' and your striker was also set to 'support'.

Am I missing something here?

Might I add, I can see it's clearly working for you in it's current format, although I just do not understand how.. :rolleyes:

I'm not Mr Hough (obviously...) but I used to use a similar formation/roles (only change the Wa to IFa and CMaut to CMs) and was the Treq (coming deep) or the CM that linked defence and attack.

Hi guys

I've been playing FM since 2008 but this is my first time giving shouts a go.

Ok, this seems really stupid and I've seen a couple of others having problems, but how do I shout during a match???!!!

I've got my shout combos all set up but during the match there is no 'shout instructions' drop down just the make a substitution and tactics one. I feel clueless :/

Any help would be very much appreciated. I can post screenshots if needs be.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
I use the exact same formation as Mr. Hough (because my players fit the roles the best) and tried every combination of shouts and I can't win a crappy game against QPR as Chelsea, signed Cavani.
He might have just tweaked player instructions are team.

Mr Hough, please your advice what shout is the best against top team like Man Utd, Arsenal ? My Southampton team tried to use the wide play but got beaten by them.

Also I notice that you make change for your latest tactic, using a MC instead of DLP and set the AP to T. Any reason for this and which one works best ?

And also the striker you set as a CF, which stats are very difficult to find, what are your key stats for this CF ?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Why are there some shouts than cant be shouted? something wrong with my tactic?

These shouts cant be shouted for me:

look for overlap

get ball forward

hassle oppoents

exploit the flanks

exploit the middle

As always you are legend Mr. Hough:)

• 3 weeks later...

Mr. Hough. A really good thread and well done. I wonder how you would approach your shouts with a team more likely to struggle than Rangers. I would be interested what shouts you may use with Dundee for example. It would be interesting to see how you deal with a team that struggles to replicate what you are asking of them, and how you would vary your shouts.

Cheers.

Archived