Mr Hough's Shout Combo It's The Future Thread

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have made the tactic and set up the shouts as in the first post. I won the first game I played 3-0 I am Arsenal and I was away at Leicester. Now using the shouts do you have to set the first one for example Wing Play after the match actually starts? Or is there a way to set your first shout up before the kick off?

Not nessasaraly, You can set your team up however you want them too with the team instructions if you want to, The Shouts add that extra bit of what you want to see you team play with a touch of a button,

Thats the bit i like the best, Instead of tweaking each setting to perfection and taking weeks to do i can use the shouts that will more or less get it there with 2 seconds.

they are all default, his shouts set that when he decides to use them during the game
Well if with him saying this this i just wondering what there was.

I have made the tactic and set up the shouts as in the first post. I won the first game I played 3-0 I am Arsenal and I was away at Leicester. Now using the shouts do you have to set the first one for example Wing Play after the match actually starts? Or is there a way to set your first shout up before the kick off?

On the team talks screen pre match you can select the shout from there. just to the left of where it says Rigid and Attacking.

On the team talks screen pre match you can select the shout from there. just to the left of where it says Rigid and Attacking.

Great Dave thank you, do you use OI's or would that muck up what you are trying to achieve in the game?

Nice post just updated some of my shouts - thanks.

I use a simple 442 tactic, slightly tweaked and coupled with shouts. This has brought some relative success for me in FM13.

What or would you use shouts for weather conditions e.g. wet/rain and say one for dominating midfield?

Can this tactic be uploaded for others to use or do we have to make it ourselves ?

I think the idea of this thread is to show people they can have more success by building their own tactics these days and using shouts rather than just downloading other peoples tactics. If anyone was to upload a tactic here it would completely defeat the object of a the thread.

What OP Instructions mr hough? What teamtalks mr hough? What players mr hough? What toilet paper should I wipe my arse with mr hough? Actually, can you wipe my arse for me mr hough?

Just use your common sense. It is easier than you think building a tactic on FM13. Give the TC a try and play around with some shouts.

I think the idea of this thread is to show people they can have more success by building their own tactics these days and using shouts rather than just downloading other peoples tactics. If anyone was to upload a tactic here it would completely defeat the object of a the thread.

What OP Instructions mr hough? What teamtalks mr hough? What players mr hough? What toilet paper should I wipe my arse with mr hough? Actually, can you wipe my arse for me mr hough?

Just use your common sense. It is easier than you think building a tactic on FM13. Give the TC a try and play around with some shouts.

This made me LOL out loud!

I don't use OI's at all

Interesting! I have had great difficulty with having my fullbacks to nullify the oppositions wingers and fullbacks from crossing. So what I now do is use OI and close down both the wingers and fullbacks. I also close down and tight mark the MCs.

How does your shouts help to deal with stopping the oppositions wingers and fullbacks from making those killer far post crosses?

Interesting! I have had great difficulty with having my fullbacks to nullify the oppositions wingers and fullbacks from crossing. So what I now do is use OI and close down both the wingers and fullbacks. I also close down and tight mark the MCs.

How does your shouts help to deal with stopping the oppositions wingers and fullbacks from making those killer far post crosses?

Hassle Opposition get stuck in, It's pretty explanitory

Shout Name Shouts Used

Pressure the Opposition - Push Higher Up - Get Stuck In - Hassle Opposition - Run At Defence

Hold On The/Keep Possession - Play out of defence - Stay On Feet - Pass To Feet - Work Ball Into Box - Retain Possession.

Play Like Barca - Play Out Of Defence - Push Higher Up - Pass to feet - Play Through Defence - Work Ball into Box - Look for Overlap - Retain Possession.

Some Wing Play - Play out of defence - Pass into Space - Play Wider - Run at Defence - Look For Overlap - Get Ball Forward - Exploit The Flanks.

Park The Mini Bus - Drop Deeper - Stay On Feet - Play Narrow - Retain Possession - Stand off Opponents

All Out Attack - Play Out Of Defence - Push Higher Up - Get Stuck In - Play Wider - play through defence - work ball into box - get ball forward - Hassle Opponents - Exploit the Flanks.

There are all the Shouts i have set for my 4-2-3-1 formation, I Mainly use the Play Like Barca and Wing-play.

Great thread MR,Hough!

Just a question. When I are at the menu to "Create Shouts", there also is a option above the shouts you can select where I can choose what strategy I want to use for each created shout i make.

for example if I want to create the"All out attack" shout, Should i also change to the tick "Change Strategy" to "Attacking or Overload Strategy"?

Great thread MR,Hough!

Just a question. When I are at the menu to "Create Shouts", there also is a option above the shouts you can select where I can choose what strategy I want to use for each created shout i make.

for example if I want to create the"All out attack" shout, Should i also change to the tick "Change Strategy" to "Attacking or Overload Strategy"?

Yeah i noticed that too, I haven't changed the strategy though i have just left it like it is

Hassle Opposition get stuck in, It's pretty explanitory

But then this will make us tackle hard throughout the side and increase our tempo. If I/we are only wanting to target certain players within our side with these instructions. With the OI's you can have this impact on a reduced scale. Just something I thought perhaps people should be aware of, unless I have missed something and am wrong with this assumption.

Great thread MR,Hough!

If you select the 'change strategy' then it will first apply these standard default settings to your side and then your shouts will be further added to that. So for example let's say your default strategy was 'balanced' and then within the shouts you select change strategy to 'counter' and then within your shouts you add 'drop deeper' you will actually have a deeper d-line than if you had left the 'change strategy' option unticked.

I am loving FM right now, Playing as Rangers i'm in the Second Division after getting promoted easily, I haven't been able to buy anyone though as a transfer imbargo has been set till the 4th of september, I am using my play like barca shout most games at the start, I get a coulpe of goals ahead then change to the Hold the ball shout to close the game out, Easy but effective.

If you guys want i can post Screens of my Formation and Player settings if you want me too

Dave, copy of my post from FMB...With a little expansion...

Nice thread Mr H. One thing I like about the shouts is that once you have "deployed" them in the game, you can go and save the tactic, thus creating a "base" tactic with the impact of the shouts already applied.

In my opinion this (if anywhere) is where the "super tactics" (and I use that term in the loosest sense) of the future will come from. 2-3 tactics, all tweaked with shouts pre applied that cover the most common in game situations (Home / Away) and also get close to replicating real life play, Barca etc.

As a mid way point it might be a suggestion to create 2-3 of these "preloaded" tactics to get people into the mindset of game scenarios (e.g Favourite / Home & Underdog / Away). Not suggesting for you to do this, just a general mind spew.

Dave, copy of my post from FMB...With a little expansion...

Nice thread Mr H. One thing I like about the shouts is that once you have "deployed" them in the game, you can go and save the tactic, thus creating a "base" tactic with the impact of the shouts already applied.

In my opinion this (if anywhere) is where the "super tactics" (and I use that term in the loosest sense) of the future will come from. 2-3 tactics, all tweaked with shouts pre applied that cover the most common in game situations (Home / Away) and also get close to replicating real life play, Barca etc.

As a mid way point it might be a suggestion to create 2-3 of these "preloaded" tactics to get people into the mindset of game scenarios (e.g Favourite / Home & Underdog / Away). Not suggesting for you to do this, just a general mind spew.

Yes i also think this is the way things will be going, It's only a matter of time before people start posting what Shouts and Formations work well togther, That is one of the points of this thread, If we as a community can make a thread that people can go, Right that works with this and this works with that and all i have to do is this, this and this, That is gonna mae the game so accessible for so many people.

I Think this will be the future super tactics, Which is a good thing because they take 2 minutes to make, and with the ME evolving and getting better with each year the tactics we will be able to make will get better and better not worse because all the tools will be there for us we just have to use them in the rigtht way

I tired on my swfc save with a 442 im no good at this shouting game im quite,

bt3u8hh2mj5g9mk2y2l6.png

I also tired a dummy run with man utd and barca still not great results

I think it's best to get the right shouts for the formation you are using, The formation i am using i specificly set the shouts to use that formation.

One of the more universal shouts will be the Play Like Barca one so i'd try that from the outset and see how you go with that

Yes i also think this is the way things will be going, It's only a matter of time before people start posting what Shouts and Formations work well togther, That is one of the points of this thread, If we as a community can make a thread that people can go, Right that works with this and this works with that and all i have to do is this, this and this, That is gonna mae the game so accessible for so many people.

I Think this will be the future super tactics, Which is a good thing because they take 2 minutes to make, and with the ME evolving and getting better with each year the tactics we will be able to make will get better and better not worse because all the tools will be there for us we just have to use them in the rigtht way

Yeah, totally agree. I think (at least while the new ME and the TC is still growing) there is a middle ground between a single "plug & play super tactic" and watching lengthy highlights. Whilst clearly the latter is the most evolved way to play the game, I still think a middle ground can be found to help pull people away from the super tactic route.

The idea of creating 2-3 tactics that have a number of shouts "pre-loaded" is (for me anyway) an interesting one...

A critical thing with FM13 is that it appears like we need to learn a lot more about the mechanics of the game than ever before.

This thread is already littered with posts seeking downloads, and people just copying your tactics and shouts and wondering why it isn't working for them.

The reason for that is that you need to assert some sort of tactical intelligence to what you are doing before and during a game.

If users are just looking to copy ideas from here and blindly apply them without stepping back and watching the game, then they may as well go to the upload forum because it will be impossible to learn by taking this approach.

There is loads of evidence that people are changing their approach to the game, and examples like those posted by wez007, daylight, Mr Hough should serve as tantalizers to going down that learning route, rather than just opportunities to pinch a winning tactic. That doesn't work any more. I don't think the notion of "Super Tactics" exists any more.

A critical thing with FM13 is that it appears like we need to learn a lot more about the mechanics of the game than ever before.

This thread is already littered with posts seeking downloads, and people just copying your tactics and shouts and wondering why it isn't working for them.

The reason for that is that you need to assert some sort of tactical intelligence to what you are doing before and during a game.

If users are just looking to copy ideas from here and blindly apply them without stepping back and watching the game, then they may as well go to the upload forum because it will be impossible to learn by taking this approach.

There is loads of evidence that people are changing their approach to the game, and examples like those posted by wez007, daylight, Mr Hough should serve as tantalizers to going down that learning route, rather than just opportunities to pinch a winning tactic. That doesn't work any more. I don't think the notion of "Super Tactics" exists any more.

I agree, and I think that people like Mr Hough shifting more towards this approach is an absolute sign of this, and one for the better.

I think it's best to get the right shouts for the formation you are using, The formation i am using i specificly set the shouts to use that formation.

One of the more universal shouts will be the Play Like Barca one so i'd try that from the outset and see how you go with that

Yeah from start i been using Push higher up, get stuck in, hassle opponents and hit early crosses

When falling behind been using Get ball forward / Pass into space / Run at defense and push higger up

I agree, and I think that people like Mr Hough shifting more towards this approach is an absolute sign of this, and one for the better.

I agree, but the best sign of all will be when people who previously downloaded his tactics stop asking "I copied your screenshot, why isn't it working?" and start asking "why does my Poacher get isolated in my flat 4-5-1 formation? Is it because of x, y and z? If so, would it be sensible to do a, b and c".

I'm playing with a 4-5-1 (4-1-2-2-1) formation in a LLM game. What souts should i use when the opponents have the same formation and what should I use against a 4-4-2?

Have had really good results with using the Wing Play shout against team with 3-5-2 and teams without wingers. Am struggling against 4-4-2...

i started a new save with man utd, exactly the same tactic as Mr hough,and i copy his shouts..i won the first 7 games in league, and so far conceded 0... i only conceded 1 against Ajax away in champion league,and i won 3:1

every time i found my team wass losing control and might be conceded i shout 'Pressure the Opposition ', then i can control the match again.normally i use play like barca, and if i'm controling match but no goal i will shout 'play some wing'. i don't goal too many in every match but it's feeling great.

next step i will try my own tactic, and find my own shout combo

would be great to creat some tactic combo shouts according to oppositions tactic used as well.

for example, against 442 diamond, its gonna be play wide, explout the middle i guess; while against man cityt's 4231, should it be play narrow and exploit flanks? and then you could also apply other combos like play like barca, I guess

What would be good in this thread, is if Mr Hough or anyone else for that matter could post up pics with the oppositions formation, and then what shouts they applied to get the desired result.

I plan on doing this at some point today and adding it to the OP.

Look out for it

if everyone can use proper shouts combo for the desired result, everyone will be master of the match:lol:

Thats exactly what i would like to happen, People will get so much satisfaction from making there own tactics and using the shout combos to there own desired effect

My side is fully fluid now, I am glasgow Rangers in a career Save game, I won Promotion to the Second Division very easily.

Here is some screens from my save game.

RangersVsCeltic2-0.jpg

Rangerstctacticnew.jpg

RANGERS6GAMES.jpg

Play Like Barca - Play Out Of Defence - Push Higher Up - Pass to feet - Play Through Defence - Work Ball into Box - Look for Overlap - Retain Possession.

That is the main shout i use from the outset and only when i *see* the opposition change formation or look as they are pushing fullbacks up do i change to the Wide Play one.

All my signings and i haven't made many have been free.

My side is the bet in the league so i expect to be where i am, I didn't however expect to beat a Full Strengh Celtic side so convincingly.

I'm not saying that this way is gonna work for your side but it's working for me so maybe give it a try

My side is fully fluid now, I am glasgow Rangers in a career Save game, I won Promotion to the Second Division very easily.

RangersVsCeltic2-0.jpg

Rangerstctacticnew.jpg

RANGERS6GAMES.jpg

That is the main shout i use from the outset and only when i *see* the opposition change formation or look as they are pushing fullbacks up do i change to the Wide Play one.

My side is the bet in the league so i expect to be where i am, I didn't however expect to beat a Full Strengh Celtic side so convincingly.

I'm not saying that this way is gonna work for your side but it's working for me so maybe give it a try

Mr Hough, Do you plan to DL this tactic for us ?

RangersVsCeltic2-0.jpg

Rangerstctacticnew.jpg

RANGERS6GAMES.jpg

Hough, what u just made the formation changes to the original 4231 tactic you gave us a brief glimpse of? no player instruction changes or anything?

Do players/teams learn if you make repeated shouts? I mean... if your team keeps taking long shots, for example, and you tell them to work the ball in to the box, so they do that for that match then come the next game go back to taking long shots, so you tell them not to, etc. Is there any amount of learning that gets built into the team?

I love using shouts, I think they are the best addition to FM in the last years.

I've used them to make tactics without having to tweak every single slider etc. Because most of the time I dont want my players to shoot from distance, i want the tactic to be wider and higher up the pitch with high closing down but slow tempo..

What I'm trying to say is if you set your tactic up right and add different shout combo's you usually only need 1 tactic and you can easily change that depending on the situation you are in.

I'll try to upload some of my sets as soon as i get time.

LOL :lol:

Very good thread and I'm looking forward to more pics of how you setup vs different formations etc.

I do however have a few questions...

I noticed that your front 4 players all have 'Attacking' roles, is this not somewhat unbalanced? I have been reading many threads and tactics have been shot down as being unbalanced by some of the tactical gurus, because they do not have any attacking players on support roles etc. I know that you apply 'look for overlap' but if your winger is already set to 'attack', does this not give little opportunity for the fullback to overlap?

Where is the actual link between your defending players and attacking players? Is it the DM that you've now pushed into the MC pos? If so, would it not be easy for the AI to tight mark him and break down your play?

I just wonder if perhaps your tactic would be even better if one of your wingers was set to 'support' and your striker was also set to 'support'.

Am I missing something here?

Might I add, I can see it's clearly working for you in it's current format, although I just do not understand how.. :rolleyes:

I am not afraid to ask a stupid question (Remember, there is no such thing as a stupid question...only stupid people with questions.)

I can't figure out how to use my Created Shout Combos. I'm guessing its really, really simple and I'm just not seeing the right icon, button, key, menu drop-down...whatever.

So...how do I implement a saved Created Shout Combo during the match? (btw I am using Steklo 3 skin)

Thanks

Archived