[FM13]One Man And His Enclaved Microstate

Samoth21

First time career writer, deciding to take on a challenge in arguably the worst league in Europe. Armed with nothing but a wing and a prayer I hope to turn this dismal league into a hotbed for footballing talent.

Thanks to this great creation by Revier LINK, which has created an almost life-like version of the extremely weird Sammarinese league. The rules and such are explained in the link thus I will not go into great details about them on here. There will be no special rules for this game, just purely an attempt to make this league somewhat relevant on the European front. I aim to update on three months basis (Oct/Nov/Dec for example), due to the nature of Sammarinese league and the low amount of games played.

Loaded - San Marino/Campionato Sammarinese - Italy/Serie C2

Challenge - Make a Sammarinese team into a force able to challenge for honours in Europe.

So, what lucky team gets to have me as their manager then?

It's..

SP_Tre_Fiori_logo.png

Società Polisportiva Tre Fiori, also known simply as S.P. Tre Fiori, is a semi-professional football club based in Fiorentino, San Marino. The club, formed in 1949, has been awarded 7 national championship titles and 6 national cup titles, making them one of the most successful clubs in the history of San Marino football, and are the reigning Campionato Sammarinese di Calcio champions. Although, the club have not been successful in European competition, Tre Fiori currently hold the record for most goals scored in European competition by a Sammarinese team; four goals, all scored in the UEFA Champions League. They currently play in Girone B of the Campionato Sammarinese di Calcio. The club colours, reflected in their crest and kit, are yellow and blue.

S.P. Tre Fiori are currently playing in the highest Sammarinese league, Campionato Sammarinese di Calcio, where they have played the majority of the seasons during their existence. The club was most successful during the 1990s when they won three Sammarinese championships and two Trofeo Federale titles. The club first won Campionato Sammarinese di Calcio in 1988 and took their latest title in 2011.

S.P. Tre Fiori have long-standing rivalries with several other clubs; the most notable of these is with neighbours F.C. Fiorentino.

as per Wikipedia

Career Progress

Season       Team       Campianto Sammarinese            Coppa Titano         Suppacoppa Sammarinese      Europe
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13     Tre Fiori        Winner(v Virtus)           Winner(v Libertas)          n/a                         n/a
2013/14     Tre Fiori        Winner(v Cosmos)           Winner(v Murata)         Winner(v Virtus)          2nd Qualification Round(v Dinamo Zagreb)
2014/15     Tre Fiori          i/p                            i/p                          i/p             1st Qualification Round(v Pyunik)

Pre-season has already been played though there should usually be an update, unfortunately Tre Fiori didn't qualify for any European competition this year.

Season 12/13 Expectations

Coppa Titano - Challenge

Campianto Sammarinese - Challenge

Tactics - Due to the lack of quality I've opted to a 4-5-1 hit and hope style tactic. Strong at the back and able to nick on a goal on the counter, I can't see it being popular but I imagine the AI would have a field day if I opted for something more expansive.

Key Players

Aldo Junior Simoncini - The national team keeper who was one of the few professional players having been on the books of Cesena only two season ago, recently stolen from rivals Libertas. He's a major stepup when compared to the rest of the keepers in the league and I don't believe it will be to long before some professional teams are sniffing around him.

Alessandro Mastronicola - The age old guard but considerably the best defender in the league, another player handily stolen from rivals Libertas, there loss shall be our gain.

Roberto Teodorani - Bought in on a free, the italian will hopefully bring some much needed width into the 4-5-1 aswell as being able to operate as a defensive winger much more successful then any other player willing to join us.

Thoughts

It'll be a long old slog, but let the challenge begin!

Season 12/13 - October-December

It's gone a hell of a lot smoother then I expected to be honest. The players settled into the tactic quite well and we pulled off some impressive results considering, which has led us to the following form in the league.

Campianto Sammarinese

48163635.jpg

Though we got off to a good start, a run of 4 draws in a row had me worrying that my tactic was limiting my offensive capabilities. So I decided to take the plunge and switch it up a more attacking tactic, described in game as a 4-3-3 it plays out as a more defensively structured version, it's working well so far but I'll be trying to develop and improve it as the game goes on.

It's great to see the team resilience at this moment in time, even though we concede the determination to go out there and retrieve the game seems to be reflected through this group of players, which has led us to the following position in the league.

58908786.jpg

Thoroughly chuffed with this start, with the 2-1 over San Giovanni giving us some breathing space, hopefully the form will continue and we can qualify for the other stages. In group A, Juvenes Dogana are leading the way in a much similar fashion to ourselves. I fear they will pose the biggest threat to us.

Coppa Titano

Thanks to the even spreading out of the game I've been able to give this more full attention, without having to resort to rotating main players, I believe this has played a significant part in keeping our momentum going.

18769641.jpg

It has been straight forward so far, facing teams that we already have done has given us a significant advantage. Though for some reason I can't get the ball into the Cosmos net, so far providing the sternest challenge in the group for which we have easily qualified from.

55767446.jpg

As you can see, qualification to the next round has been secured. Hopefully we will be able to bag this trophy and get into Europe.

Thoughts

A Key Player this season is clearly going to be Michael Simoncini (a common Sammarinese surname?) who has led the line brilliant. His goal return has been key given the formation we have played we has inevitably starved him of chances, but thankfully his conversion rate has been immense, hopefully he can keep this up.

There is several advantages and disadvantages to the amateur system, the disadvantage is that players can be poached at any times, as we may soon find out as a few semi-professional Italian clubs are sniffing around. Or how my rivals La Florita can find out, after a match with them in which a certain Joseph Enakarhire dominated, I found it only far that he joins the revolution.. much to my rivals annoyance.

Season 12/13 January-March

Carried chugging along on our mission to achieve Champions League football, which will be essential to achieve the challenge.

Campianto Sammarinese

99633038.jpg

Tough fixtures where we had to face the team who have caused me the most grief, Cosmos, which we overcome in the most boring of circumstances but 3 points are 3 points. That said, our games on the overall have been nothing of a spectator sport.. compare it to watching Stoke on a wet Tuesday night ;).

That said, we were only a few points off qualification for the play-offs.. so did we manage it?

85748419.jpg

We did thankfully. A few meaningless game to play then we enter the contention for the title. Onwards Tre Fiori.

Coppa Titano

99790324.jpg

Only one match was played, which was finishing off the group stage. Tre Penne await us in the quarter finals.

Thoughts

The youth intake was awful, even by San Marino standards they were a bit lacking. My first priority once I've hopefully gained some money will be to upgrade the youth facilities. A club which hopes to be a lifeblood for Europe needs a foundation.

Season 12/13 April-June

As you know we already qualified for the playoffs but we had a few games remaining, save potting on about meaningless games I'll state that we lost our unbeaten record (at last... :(), and even suffered a humiliating loss to rivals Fiorentino. That sad.. revenge would be sweet.

Campianto Sammarinese Champions Playoffs

Quarter Finals

We were drawn in the quarter finals against La Fiorita, a team who are probably still fuming about me stealing Enakarhire off them. Still we had a job to do and we needed to get that down, which we did with relative ease.

46794010.jpg

Match Report - Nothing that stressed the lads and we easily secured a semi-final tie with Virtus(SMR), a team who barely scraped into the play-offs but may end up being a darkhorse.

Semi Finals

A team of whom I fancied us to be able to stroll past quite easily, but this did not prove the case. A nervous 120 minutes played by the lads had forced extra time and the dreaded penalties loomed. We missed our first two, but so did they, then in a John Terry-esque fashion the Virtus defender decided it was high time someone in row Z took a ball to the face as the hosts were defeated and we progressed to the finals. Though we may meet again, as Virtus drop into the 'other semi-finals' where if they win they will contend the title against us.

84141952.jpg

Match Report - And so it proved the case as we once again drew Virtus in the finals.

Finals

The same team once again, and I was determined that we were going to kill these lot off before any drama could ensue, and that is exactly what we did as they blown away by a 30second goal by Enakarhire ending their dreams instantly. The title was ours, Forza Tre Fiori!

20005732.jpg

Match Report - Europe!

Coppa Titano

Quarter Finals

As above we were already drawn to Tre Penne in this round, and due to the rest I gave the team the boys were well up for thrashing these lot.. and they did as they went down like a whimpering dog.

16267997.jpg

Match Report - Onwards to the Fiorentino derby against our fierce rivals. Revenge will be served.

Semi Finals

Not exactly the most convincing of performances, but they never are on a derby day! Passion was high amongst the crowd knowing that a place in the final was at stake, but the boys in yellow delivered with a solo goal as our nearest and dearest were sent packing.

32418759.jpg

Match Report - A final against bottom of the league Libertas awaits us, couldn't have picked a better final.

Finals

I sent the team out to perform and bring that trophy home, any prize money is a bonus and will go towards the future of the club, so we need this trophy. It seems to message was understood as despite some early pressure for the Libertas side they caved in to the simplest of goals and showed why they are sitting bottom of the group.

21665370.jpg

Match Report - Double Europe?..

Thoughts

Mission Complete.. Champions League ahoy!

Season 12/13 Summary

Transfers - The usual Amateur side 'trading'.

Campianto Sammarinese - Winners(v Virtus(SMR))

Coppa Titano - Winners(v Libertas)

Players of the Season

3) Michael Simoncini - Faded during the season after a fantastic start, but he is still miles ahead of any other player this division can offer, he chipped in with important goals when needed and I couldn't ask more then that.

2) Aldo Junior Simoncini - Brilliant through the whole season, a fantastic keeper for this level and wouldn't look out of place in perhaps a Serie C1 side (tinted-glasses much ;)?). That aside he has been great but he is attracting the wrong attention and I fear a career in the professional league beckons.

1) Joseph Enakarhire - Harmlessly stolen from La Fiorita, the former Nigerian international has proved a revelation at the back, securing up the defense into an unbreakable fortress. He'll forever gain a place as a fan favourite for his early goal in the Title final. Hopefully I can keep him for the seasons ahead.

Future

With the cash money I tried to inquire on either a youth or training facility upgrade.. well thankfully they agreed to one.

11452391.jpg

Rest of the World

Serie A - Juventus

Coppa Italia - Udinese

Champions League - Manchester United

Europa League - Dynamo Kiev

Premier League - Chelsea

La Liga - Real Madrid

Future

A good performance in Europe.. hoping to land a fellow minnow (Andorran..) to stand a chance of making the 2nd leg of qualification and a potential big money maker.

Season 13/14 Pre Season

Season Aims

Campianto Sammarinese - Win

Coppa Titano - Win

Supercoppa Sammarinese - Win

Europe - 2nd Round

I believe that we can easily retain our titles, as well as gaining the Supercoppa for the trophy cabinet. I'm aiming for the 2nd round of the Champions League purely in the hope I land a Faroese or Andorran side rather then the ever tricky Armenian side in the 1st round. Forever the optimist!

Transfers

Mirko Bona (DR) - This is why I loaded up the Italian leagues, random newgens that 'pop' up that are miles and miles ahead of our currently caliber of players. Scouts rate him as being able to develop into a leading player in the league, I reckon he can go much further but on an amateur contract I'm not sure I'll be the one seeing the benefits!

Tiziano Mottola (MC) - One of the better midfielders I can get, I felt this area needed strengthening given our increased amount of games. He'll come in and do the same job as Giovanni Borini, getting it too the bloody striker!

Omar Sammarchi (ST) - An unbelievable player who could well be a force for Tre Fiori for many years to come, was bought in on a free and hopefully will remain at the club for years to come. Will be leading the line this season.

Roberto Franzoni (DC) - Another player of whom I hope will develop into something special. Fingers crossed we can keep hold of him long enough to reap the benefits.

Gianluca Ballarini (ST) - Another ST that I hope will develop, however he isn't in the same caliber as Omar, never the less he will be the 2nd choice man in the 'target' role.

The rest are the usual ins/out of junk between the rest of the clubs and noone not worthy (or above 0.5* :p)

Season Hopes

Progress in Europe will be essential, I am aiming to try and turn the club semi-professional as quick as possible. This however will require a heavy amount of financial income which equates to one thing only, the team needs to be a success. The nucleus of last season triumph remains and with like the Omar Sammarchi we should be aiming to start to establish a domination of the domestic side of things. Forza Tre Fiori!

I'll follow as this is interesting. I also have a soft spot for San Marino and know some of there players. Check out Matteo Vitaioli he's at least semi-pro calibre and Sammarinese.
Will be following this! Good luck, good start already.

Cheers lads, hopefully this will continue to be interesting for you. Checked him out but he has no interest in joining me, shame as he seems pretty good. Just need to wait on the next Andy Selva :D.

Season 13/14 July-September

There has been no domestic matches so far, but that doesn't matter because the ties for the 1st Qualification Round of the Champion's League had taken place! Did we get lucky? We have 2 out of 3 chance of landing an opponent that may well send us through to the next round. I hit the next button and we get... Lusitans of Andorra! :applause:

Champions League 1st Qualification Round / First Leg

As noted we were drawn against our fellow minnows in Lusitans. A club consisting of mainly Portuguese players (or is it Portuguese origin?) that we should hopefully be able to deal some damage to, much like us they're an amateur side and about the same levels as the teams we are used to facing domestically, this has been the most ideal draw for us.

The match kicked off and within 10 minutes we are cruising, I decided to play a heavy pressing game hoping to kill the tie off at home before heading to Andorra, this may have been risky as they could have snatched something but an early flurry went the home tie was effectively over before it even began. Omar Sammariche proving his worth in this match, a sensational performance!

Match Report - The only worry was the conceding of a late away goal, could this prove to pivotal?

Champions League 1st Qualification Round / Second Leg

Carrying a 4-1 aggregate lead I felt confident that we could press home our superiority. Which we did with a commanding performance from the off, Lusitans unfortunately stood no chance as we breezed past them and into the hat for the 2nd Qualification Round!

13643627.jpg

Match Report - Some big hitters in the 2nd Round.. anyone but Dinamo/Sheriff/BATE would be nice. TNS would be a major bonus as we stand a chance against them.

Champions League 2nd Qualification Round / First Leg

So which team will be heading to San Marino. I sat and I prayed I got a good draw, TNS would be prefered as they're ideally the weakest side out there whilst they're some big hitters in the draw who would only serve to humiliate us, can lady luck shine one more time?

Of course not.. we were drawn against Croatian giants Dinamo Zagreb. Oh dear.

I was fearing the worst but thought that we may as well go for it, what have we got to loose.. you can fit the population of our country into their stadium! So I stuck with the trusty attacking tactic that dispatched Lusitans so easily. The game progressed and Dinamo were getting chances but.. we were holding firm, until disaster struck and in the 37th minute Mateo Kovacic seized on a rare mistake by Simoncini and punished us, that is it.. the floodgates are going to open!

Or were they? We forced a corner, it was swung in and up stepped Joseph Enarakhire to head it past the keeper. Surely we couldn't have!? I immediately switched a defensive tactic knowing that an onslaught was incoming and Dinamo duly accepted, but they couldn't break us down as we pull off the most unlikeliest of shocks!

Match Report - The single greatest day in Sammarinese history, or could there be more?

Champions League 2nd Qualification Round / Second Leg

Nervous now, we could pull of an upset with the right bit of luck here. I switch to a counter attacking tactic knowing that Dinamo will be wanting revenge and will be hunting us like dogs. During the first 40 minutes they spurned chance after chance after chance to get past us but Simoncini stood firm. Then in a bizarre twist of fate a bad pass back let Sammarchi in.. on goal.. shoots.. corner. Then It Happened.. Stracchini scored, a goal in the same fashion as the prior round.. the upset was on!

I can only imagine the paint been torn off the Dinamo dressing room wall at half time, but we had them where we wanted them. Can they force the issue.. well it took all of two minutes before They Did, I decided that it was now or never, I had to go for it. Unfortunately it wasn't enough as Luis Ibanez and Rukuvina saw the tie out for Dinamo

65815368.jpg

Match Report - Proud.. extremely proud!

Thoughts

The team fought bravely as we got the result we required. I can't ask for more only praise what has gone before. A sign of things to come?

Season 13/14 October-December

The title may say October to December but this includes some games that have weirdly taken place over August, this is due to the inclusion of the SuperCoppa Sammarinese which we have been entered into. After our foray into Europe I thought it wise that we began to focus on the league, it's our bread and butter and will require our full attention. Oh and Michael Simoncini the traitor opted for Tre Penne instead of staying with us, I hope he burns in hell.

Campianto Sammarinese

44177412.jpg

So.. ehh, things haven't exactly gone to plan. After a humiliating loss to Tre Penne in which we were utterly dominated we then suffered the worst fate of all, a massive derby loss. I'll be honest and state that Aldo Junior Simoncini was injured for the match but still we were totally outclassed by Fiorentino, they were faster then us, smarter and overall deserved to win by a great margin. This has provided a great challenge for the save that our rivals are extremely competitive with us, we have a young side however and I believe that we can recover from these minor blips.

This had led the table to looking like so.

95158431.jpg

So we still sit at the top and more importantly in the play-offs, but we have been given an easy group, my main worry stems from the other side and our progression when it comes to the play offs.

11982312.jpg

Fiorentino are storming it.. unbelieveable, we will have to improve a lot more before we face off with them again.

Coppa Titano

96741975.jpg

Thankfully our form in this has been nothing short of sensational. Though another easy group we have absolutely stormed all the way through it averaging 3 goals a game. Maybe the team needs to start turning these performances in the league so I wouldn't be so concerned!

70179411.jpg

Qualified already with the draw to come much later. Progress is great.

Suppacoppa Sammarinese

Semi-Final

We were drawn against last years title runners-up Virtus and as expected we breezed through them thanks to a beautiful early goal by new boy Tiziano Mottola. It was another straight forward match against the new struggling side.

36418037.jpg

Match Report - Onwards to another final against strugglers San Giovanni. A very topsy-turvy league this.

Final

I'm not a fan of supercup so they will not get my full attention when it comes to updates, that said a trophy is always a welcome treat and this was just what the doctor ordered. A brilliant display in which San Giovanni firmly parked the bus before the deadlock broke 7 minutes from time, with Giunta adding the cherry on top with the last kick of the game.

17778497.jpg

Match Report - Another trophy, can't argue!

Thoughts

Improvement is needed, though the one brightspark is the future of the club. With favourite striker Michael Simoncini seeing his future elsewhere the club needed someone to step up the plate in his abscene and Omar Sammarchi has duly obliged. Leading the line and leading the way in the scoring charts the young Italian has been a revelation, and long may it continue!

So amid all the confusion... did you win anything?

Opening post updated to give a 'career' progression, cheers for the heads up.

You won the Supercoppa and put up a good fight against Dinamo.

Thanks, I don't really rate supercups, but a trophy is a trophy. Hopefully we can repeat the trick next year in Europe.. If we get there.

Season 13/14 January Transfer Window

Usually not much happens here but disaster struck as we lost two massive players for what will feel like pennies.

86390500.jpg

Losing Enakarhire was a massive blow but we knew he was a step-above what we are, he went back to Nigeria to play professionally, something we couldn't deny him. However, the decision for Borini to leave in the last minute was a bitter blow especially to rivals. Shame really but we have to move on but without replacement we may end up losing momentum.

Season 13/14 January-March

Consistency would have to be key for us going into this period. The team is young and it is growing, so mistakes will be bound to happen, but If we are to compete in Europe next season we needed to rise to the challenge, did we?

Campianto Sammarinese

26432007.jpg

A fantastic run of results that has culminated in an early qualification for the Championship Play-offs, however standards lowered once qualification was secured and complacency seemed to set in. Unhappy by this I fined players after the loss to Murata, hopefully this discipline will remind them to stay focused on the task at hand, despite qualification for the play offs being secured.

69332129.jpg

Coppa Titano

53994542.jpg

We had already qualified from the group but still had a few matches to play. A loss to Dogana in which the players received an absolute bollocking was followed up by a routine win over La Fiorita to setup a quarter final draw against last years finalist Libertas.

Thoughts

It's been a decent month and quite a quiet period due to the nature of the league and cup. However, we were hit with some bad news, both Marco De Luigi and Alessandro Mastronicola announced their retirement. Hopefully they can be re-signed as part of the staff as they have been a key part of the revolution.

Season 13/14 Youth Intake

I didn't do one last season as the youth intake was pure pap to say the least. Thankfully this year our first prospects have come through and both of these young lads could have a key part in the future of San Marino and more importantly Tre Fiori. Introducing,

Daniele Aztori (YP1) - Quiet a decent striker already for this level, his key attributes of pass and quiet decent composure will be pivotal for us. Something special I think.

Marco Yosi (YP2) - Another striker, both the lads are quite similar and both will hopefully be a big part of the future.

Hopefully a semi-professional status can be achieved to aide their development.

Love seeing San Marino saves, you seem to be doing very well with Tre Fiori, bad luck against Dinamo. Also sad to see my beloved San Giovanni in last!

Thanks mate,

They're a strange case as they were up there last season. Can turn it around I have no doubt.

Season 13/14 April-June

As noted we had already qualified for the play-off rounds, and since position then becomes null/void, I will not bother mentioning any of the remaining league games. However, I will focus on the unfortunate fact that the first round quarter finals will be against our much hated rivals Fiorentino, who utterly dominated their group this year. Grim.

Campianto Sammarinese

Quarter Finals

The time had come for us to exact revenge on our nearest and dearest, they'd romped the group stage securing a record points total as well as scoring by the barrel load. I setup to try and contain their dangermen and hope we would be able to effectively counter against them. However, things took a twist as in the 2nd minute we took the lead through Marco De Luigi. We held on before Omar Sammarchi secured progress to the semi-finals in the 48th minute. Revenge is sweet, their title hopes have been shattered.

44179701.jpg

Match Report - Great start, we now face Folgore in the semi-finals

Semi Finals

Folgore, a team that I'd consider to have been whipping boys the previous year have actually made it to the semi-finals. However, I feel confident knowing that they've never really come close to damaging us in a competitive match, with my confidence been proven correct as we sweep past them with relative ease and confidence.

91166285.jpg

Match Report - Brilliant, so it's between us and Cosmos for the title.

Final

Cosmos were another team that although we had a few minor issues with, have never really trouble us enough to be considered a threat to domestic success. Nevertheless this is a final and anything can happen. My confidence in a easy bout seemed correct early on as by the 12th minute we have a 2-0 lead thanks to Omar Sammarchi and Alessandro Giunta, but then we take our foot off the gas. They sucker-punch us with a goal not long before half time. I get them in and tell them to focus as they're said too be 'complacent'. The game drags on and we spurn several chances to make our dominance count when another sucker-punch as they get us on the counter in the 86th minute.. 2-2. I was fuming, typical FM, I went all out attack switching to a 4-3-3 in the hope of avoid extra time and we did. Omar Sammarchi took the ball at the half way line and successfully dribbled around three of their defenders to slot it past the keeper. 3-2 and VICTORY!

64108395.jpg

Match Report - TITLE AGAIN!

Coppa Titano

Quarter Finals

As noted before we lined up against Libertas who faced in last years final. Expecting a tough tie I told the team that I expected a win and they delivered. Libertas were shook and never truly stood a chance against this us.

44965377.jpg

Match Report - Quite an easy draw. Can't complain.

Semi Finals

Pennarossa were next up for us, they were going to be a bit more of a challenge then Libertas I felt. They're a side who have performed brilliantly in the group stages of the league, and a good cup run as only helped to fortify their status as an upcoming challenger. Unfortunately the tie didn't live up to the occasion for them, we brushed them aside with relative ease, especially after they went down to ten men.

92171941.jpg

Match Report - Brilliant work again, revenge against Murata

Final

We faced Murata, an increasingly tough side who had been given us a bit of a whooping in the league as of late. This was a chance for us to set the record straight I felt, and establish dominance over the 'smaller' sides within the Sammarinese system. Once Omar Sammarchi scored it became a pummeling, the Murata side we knocked for half-a-dozen and I think revenge was truly executed for our poor performances against them earlier in the season.

28714425.jpg

Match Report - Another trophy. VICTORY!

Thoughts

Another Double!! The team has come out of a rocky patch mid-season to emerge triumphant. We once again qualify for the Champion's League and look forward to any potential progress we may make in the competition.

Season 13/14 Summary

Transfers - Other then the loss of some major players (Michael Simoncini, Joseph Enarakhire and Gioviani Bonini) we didn't suffer too badly in the windows, we also managed to bring some quality in as well, which has been a huge boost.

Campianto Sammarinese - Winners(v Cosmos)

Coppa Titano - Winners(v Murata)

SuppaCoppa Sammarinese - Winners(v San Giovanni)

Champion's League - 2nd Round Qualifying Lost(v Dinamo Zagreb)

Players of the Season

3) Mirko Bona - The young Italian has been a stalwart at the back for us, he does his job quietly and effectively whilst also providing some much needed width in attacks when player in right-back position. A great season and I hope we can stop bigger clubs sniffing around him.

2) Vladimir Mikhailovskiy - Signed as an emergency replacement after a few injuries I thought he would only ever provide cover but towards the end he became my first choice defender, he became a goal scoring machine as well as a solid rock at the back, earning himself a place in Tre Fiori folklore.

1) Omar Sammarchi - It had to be him, an amazing 24 goals in 31 appearances meant the young Italian walked out as our player of the season, he scored important goals and carried the team to victory on several occasions, I hope he will have a bigger future for the team then he does now.

Rest of the World

Serie A - Juventus

Coppa Italia - Juventus

Champions League - Barcelona

Europa League - PSG

Premier League - Manchester United

La Liga - Barcelona

Future

More of the same please, a pleasing season in which we made in roads into Europe and secured a domestic triple. Forza Tre Fiori!

Season 14/15 Pre Season

Season Aims

Campianto Sammarinese - Win

Coppa Titano - Win

Supercoppa Sammarinese - Win

Europe - 2nd Round

The same as previous, I believe we can make the 2nd round with the luck of the draw, hopefully avoiding Pyunik as despite there low reputation are producing some amazing newgens as well as having some outstanding youth playing for them. They'd slaughter us.

Transfers - Not many this time around, our potential playerbase is shrinking.

Davide Bernardi - A youngster picked up for Federico Sammarinese, which I can only assume is an academy? Nevertheless he is rated to be a leading midfielder in the league around and I have high hopes for him. Future national team player?

Alessio Carlini - Another young midfielder who I have high hopes for, already seen as a key part of the u-21 setups nationally I hope he can go on to develop into a key asset for us. Looks like he can cut the mustard already.

Michele Cervilini - A return home for this journeyman midfielder, I believe we lacked depth in there and needed an old head to 'steady the ship'. He'll only play a bit part this season but will hopefully prove a decent stop gap.

Season Hopes

I believe the hopes for this season will rest on the shoulder of our two most promising youngsters, both Mirko Bona and Roberto Franzoni rejected offers from professional clubs in order to remain with us, a great incentive to show that perhaps our reputation within the nation is increasing? Nevertheless I hope for an easier season this time around, perhaps a strong run in Europe.

Season 14/15 July-August

So.. another venture in Europe dawned, again we were praying that we'd land one of our fellow minnows from Faroe Islands or Andorra and avoid the big guns in Pyunik. Unfortunately, destiny seemed to be against me after the slog we had the previous season where we drew Armenian Champions and Powerhouse Pyunik in the 1st round, ultimately depressing. :(

Champions League 1st Qualification Round/First Leg

We were drawn away and I setup a very defensive formation, hoping that containment and then counter attacking would yield us an away goal and something to hold onto on the return trip to Fiorentino. Things were going to plan, we were making opportunities and stifling any chances Pyunik may have had. Then disaster struck, our rock at the back Roberto Franzoni had to go off injured meaning there was a gaping hole in the defense, his replacement wasn't up to the task and in the 75th minute we fell behind. This became a case of damage limitation now, take what we can and hope that it'll be enough to see us through back home. We thankfully did this task to take it 1-0 to Pyunik back to San Marino

Match Report - Damage limitation, we needed a performance in a week though.

Champions League 1st Qualification Round/Second Leg

I knew we had to go out and attack, no containment, we needed to put Pyunik to the sword. Oh boy.. did we fail. Within the 5th minute Pyunik had seized the advantage making it 2-0 on aggregate and needing us to score 3 goals in order to get through. However we never stood a chance and the game drowned out like the slowest minutes of misery I've ever seen before they finally took us out in the dying seconds. Gutted, out we crashed of Europe for another season, though I can't fault the lad, Pyunik are miles and miles above us, for one, they're a professional team. Hopefully, If we get through next year the draw will be kinder.

70955876.jpg

Match Report - Gutted. :(

So, over as quick as it came, thankfully we got a nice sum of prize money but it's not exactly what I'd hoped for this season. We need to now use this as a motivation to get better.

Season 14/15 August-December

Things have gone according to plan since our knock-out from the Champions League, I wanted to be convincing on the domestic front this year to make up for the disappointment our fans have suffered.

Campianto Sammarinese

85212392.jpg

The team has responded brilliantly, our goalscoring form has been immense and we are happily steamrolling past teams. The biggest victory in our history was achieved in the 7-2 thrashing of Tre Penne, considering the amount of players who were key to us but have left for them, it was a satisfying victory. This has left us in prime position to progress in the play-offs.

96311002.jpg

Coppa Titano

27295601.jpg

Our sensational free-scoring form has continued in the cup as an unfortunate San Giovanni felt our wraith shipping 6 goals. Young Marco Tosi has been a revelation in this competition so far. As it stands we are yet to qualify for the play-offs but we look bang-on certs.

84695787.jpg

Suppacoppa Sammarinese

Semi Finals

We faced Folgore, a side who we have never struggled against and have themselves massively overachieved to get into this competition. We take the lead easily enough and from there onwards it is a straight forward ride into the finals. It's frustrating having to go through this to get what essentially is a super-cup, which in my opinion should be a one-off match.

95566412.jpg

Match Report - Title hopefuls Cosmos are our challengers in the final.

Final

Our sensational free-scoring form had followed us to the final and we simply tossed last years tough final to the side! Brilliant to see the team utterly dominate a final despite it's lowly ranking. I can only ask for more of the same when it comes to more important domestic duties. Grigore has been a beast in this competition!

72031058.jpg

Match Report - VICTORY!

Youth Progress/Thoughts

Daniele Aztori (YP1) - He has been in immense form as you can see, the young starlet has been a pivotal cog in the teams amazing goal scoring form, if he can continue this over the season then San Marino may well have themselves a great young talent.

Marco Tosi (YP2) - Having a great season as the 3rd striker in our line-up, brilliant play by the youngster and he will form a key component in the side for years to come.

Hopefully we can keep up this form, as the matches are entertaining as hell. Who doesn't like winning by 3 or 4?!

Season 14/15 January-March

No January dealings for once! A few u-19s were released and I felt no requirement to bring in any new faces so everything is as it was. Extremely happy that this team will be much more prepared for Europe this time around.

Campianto Sammarinese

35362516.jpg

Well our form some what kept up till we qualified. Once we qualified the form tailed off as per usual. Disappointing as I was hoping for an unbeaten season to start setting a standard that the team should meet each year. Nevertheless I am pleased that we are able to continue our progress and the 4-0 victory over Tre Penne shows that some focus can be instilled after a few games of complancy!

47185506.jpg

Coppa Titano

86850804.jpg

Surging all the way to the quarter finals. We have again easily qualified out of the game and thankfully the goal-scoring heroics have been kept up in this competition. Youth prospect Marco Tosi becoming something of a maverick in this competition, both in terms of goals and assists. La Fiorita await us in the quarter finals. I aim for progress.

Thoughts

Qualification. Achieved! Had the youth intake as well which was pretty exciting...

Season 14/15 Youth Intake

As I mentioned above, we got another decent intake this year providing us with two prospects, both of whom will be registered to the first team next season, firstly introducing;

Gianluca Ferraris (YP3) - Already rated better then any midfielder we currently have at the club, this young lad has made his way into the San Marino u-21s immediately and looks to have a bright future. His free-kick ability will be especially useful in this league when considering the terrible standard of keeping.

Christian Laras (YP4) - Our first 5* to come through the youth and he looks like he has the basis for being a decent RB (at least for this level), thankfully his progression should be quite decent as he is already much better then my 2nd choice RB and when the registration window opens next season he will be straight in there.

Seems like decent national domination this season.
Doing great and those regens look good. Although I am disappointed with Ferraris' pace.

Cheers lads, it's been good so far :D.

His pace is a slight disappointment but it isn't alarmingly low, however I still believe that won't harm him much (at 11) in what is a very poor league. Hopefully a bit of training can improve it.

Updates been a bit slow of late, got reports due in so need to focus on finishing those before the Christmas period.

His pace is a slight disappointment but it isn't alarmingly low, however I still believe that won't harm him much (at 11) in what is a very poor league. Hopefully a bit of training can improve it.

Updates been a bit slow of late, got reports due in so need to focus on finishing those before the Christmas period.

It's a pun.

Archived