Fulfilling Board promise - Playing Attacking soccer?

I'm playing a rather pragmatic 4-2-3-1 with 2 defensive midfielders, but scoring a lot of goals from plenty of chances. My board say they are "pleased with the attacking football on display". Perhaps they go on goals scored and chances created, as opposed to formation?

I wonder to what extend the new ME will have a knock-on effect in this area.

I used to get 20-30 shots per game, bit unrealistic but the board definitely couldn't claim it wasn't attacking.

Now with the same 'attacking' mentality I get 6-7. Obviously the fault is my tactics, but not my mentality.

As the ME has greatly reduced attacking play in general, I hope the testers checked it wouldnt lead to problems with board confidence. Im sure they will have though.

Could it just be that board promises are broken? I was told to buy high profile players and in the transfer window I've bought Mandanda, Cavani and Baines. Earlier in the season I kept getting messages that I was under pressure and that a I needed a result in the next game to keep my job. Couldn't understand why as I was outperforming my seasons expectation in the league but a quick check of the confidence screen revealed that the Board Promises bar was absolutely empty and rated as very poor.

I wonder to what extend the new ME will have a knock-on effect in this area.

I used to get 20-30 shots per game, bit unrealistic but the board definitely couldn't claim it wasn't attacking.

Now with the same 'attacking' mentality I get 6-7. Obviously the fault is my tactics, but not my mentality.

As the ME has greatly reduced attacking play in general, I hope the testers checked it wouldnt lead to problems with board confidence. Im sure they will have though.

I believe it has caused some issues with the board who want this type of style. I was having 5-6 shots whilst playing attacking football, the board moans I'm not playing attacking enough, I then tell my players to shoot on sight, this results in 12-14 shots per game and the board are now not mentioning that i'm not playing attacking enough. It seems for me anyway its based on how many shots you have, but I could be wrong.

I believe it has caused some issues with the board who want this type of style. I was having 5-6 shots whilst playing attacking football, the board moans I'm not playing attacking enough, I then tell my players to shoot on sight, this results in 12-14 shots per game and the board are now not mentioning that i'm not playing attacking enough. It seems for me anyway its based on how many shots you have, but I could be wrong.

Shooting more times =/= Making your football style more attractive

Pay attention to how many clear cut chances you get per match. That's what matters

It doesn't matter if you shoot a lot get more possession etc.., you have to chose an attacking or overload strategy in your tactic menu. Then if on average you use that attacking strategy more than the rest of the strategy then this board confidence will raise.

I had made the same promise playing with low reputation and budget team and even though I was rarely shooting compared to my opponent and had much less posession than the opposite team, the board was perfectly happy because i was always in attacking strategy.

Archived