Would an ssd hard drive make FM quicker

jkae

Hi guys I have a late 2011 MBP 15" i7 4gb laptop and for Christmas my darling gf is buying me a 256 gb SSD to replace my disk drive

My question is will it make fm 2013 run quicker if installed to it. I understand the game is more processor dependant than ram but I have noticed a considerable lag after installing lots and lots of graphics.

Thanks

Sure it will significantly speed up the starting and saving/loading processes.

Not sure about other things. I guess if you have installed too much graphics that the memory cannot take up, FM may try to load them from the disk every time, just guessing.

Perhaps not significantly, but you will definitely notice the difference with almost everything you do. I could never go back to a mechanical drive now.

Something to really look at for you is the memory- 4gb is what I would consider the bare minimum for a modern OS, 8gb I would consider the minimum for an enjoyable FM experience, especially if you're caching all those images. And if you do, make sure you buy quality stuff, don't just look at those gigabytes!

Nah SSD makes next to no difference. I have one and a 1TB HDD and I have FM(and all steam games) on the hdd as the difference is negligible except from saving/loading. However if you look at it in a "How long from pressing the on button to plaing fm" then its faster as OS boots from SSD is a time you can tell is quicker.

Archived