San Marino Challenge - My last game of fm2012.

P O\'D

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2032 Olympic Games

We were drawn in a potential group of death in Olympic Group A with Argentina, Ivory Coast and Australia. Definately the toughest group...

First the warm up friendlies and they went well, really well. Our 4 games against weaker opposition saw us score 29 times and keep 4 clean sheets. A nice little confidence builder.

warmups.jpg

Group Stages

Round 1

A brilliant start to our campaign despite missing our 2 top strikers, Angel scored all 4 goals as we already took an advantage at the top thanks to Australia and Argentina both firing a blank in the other tie.

2032olympicsivorycoast1.jpg

Round 2

Another stunning performance as we swept into round 2. Our second time scoring 4 in the campaign as the Australians were hammered. Ivory Coast stunned Argentina in the other tie to take the initiative in the battle for second place.

2032olympicsaustralia2.jpg

Round 3

Argentina really need something from this game but we were in no mood for giving and thumped them with an Angel hattrick taking him to 9 goals so far in the tournie (3 per game) as our opponents went out without a single goal. Ivory Coast beat Australia so it mattered little for the Argies.

2032olympicsargentina3.jpg

2032olympicsfinalgroups.jpg

We would face the USA in the Quarter Finals.

Knockouts

Last 8

The US provided little resistance as we marched on with another easy win. 2 more for Angle saw him enter double figures in only 4 games.

2032olympicslast8.jpg

2032olympicslast8tree.jpg

Semi Finals

Poland offered us our toughest test yet and despite the hammering in the end it took us 80 minutes to confirm our progression. When they eventually tired Angel added 4 more strikes to take his tally to 15 for the tournie and we coasted to a final meeting with France who despite leaving it late to get their goal absolutely battered pre-tournie favourites Brazil.

polandl.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

othersemi.jpg

Olympics Pt II - 60th Managerial Trophy

Yup you read it right, we did it and I've now won my 60th trophy (including super cups). France were far and away the toughest team we faced in the competition and we even had a couple of regular internationals back. We did deserve it though and got it in a great game. So time to move on as I'm not going managing them for 4 more years doing nothing.

finalih.jpg

champsg.jpg

Cittadella 2032-33

cittaresults.jpg

So a great set of results saw me put Citta well clear at the top of Serie B and looking good for promotion. We also far exceeded expectations in the Coppa winning our two games and drawing Frozinone in the final qualifying round.

Serie B looks like this.....

cittadellaafter15.JPG

but.....

resigne.jpg

So with Cittadella in a great position why would I do such a thing. I'm not normally one for jumping clubs but this offer was one I really couldn't say no to. One of my favoured clubs irl and none other than.......

acmilanue.jpg

All About AC 32-33 Pt I ......

milaninfo.jpg

milanoverview.JPG

Serie A

So the club are still in good shape despite struggling and slipping well down the Italian pecking order. Still the League Table when I took over showed a reason for concern as I'm sure the club wouldn't want to "pull a Roma" so my first job was to fix that league position....

Heres the table when I joined....

takingovermilan.jpg

I stunned Juve in my first game in charge but than we travelled to my beloved and struggling Titani and well, I was shown first hand by my old club exactly how far we were behind the big guns of Italian football. I guess serious work needs to be done.

areminder.jpg

Results though did improve and come the midseason break we were clear of the scrap at the bottom. Results from the previous regime are above the blue line, mine are below starting with the win over Juve.

firsthalfof3233serieare.jpg

And our new slightly improved looking league table.

seriea3233halfwaytable.jpg

The Europa League

The club were in the Europa from last season and sat on 8 points from their 4 games. I enjoyed a 7-0 win in my first European tie and we also won our second to top our group and set up a tie with Sevillia. Again my results are below the blue line with the previous regimes above.

3233firsthalfeurocup.jpg

3233eurocupgroup.jpg

Summary

So not a bad little turn around and we certainly seem to be heading in the right direction... Interestingly despite easily getting jobs in Italy with big clubs. In England league 2 clubs still laugh me off and do Spainish 2nd Division clubs, its a bug thats really f**king annoying because if I can't get out of Italy for the end of the season than I'm going to end the story. I'm bored of Italian football.

2032-33 Pt II - Jan and Feb

I brought in two players in the Transfer window the key being Marc Miller, the english striker was 5th choice at San Marino when I was there and became available on the cheap as the new SM boss only uses one. He was picks up for a tidy sum and would lead the line for us. As always above the blue line is pre my taking over below is after.

transferske.jpg

Results took a huge upturn after the break as my team adapted to the new style of football and we fired ourselves well up the table and into European contention, we were superb in the Coppa and have one foot in the final plus we dispatched a very strong Sevillia in the Europa as we got win after win. Brilliant and far above all my expectations. Milan are back!!!

2033janfebmilan.jpg

This was also quite nice to round off the month...

winsrecord.jpg

and it left Serie A looking like this...

endoffebleaguetable.jpg

there was to be one more bit of good news in February.. this job becoming available after a miserable showing at the ACN and for once I wasn't lauged off.

ivorycoastjob.jpg

but there is always a sucker punch isn't there...

tastyl.jpg

Just what is Mihajlovic doing to my beloved club... 3rd in the league, out of the Coppa and in the Europa after bombing out of the Champs League!!!! I think I might punch him when we meet.

Season Round Up 2032-33

Serie A - 5th (Board Expects - Not Judged)

A brilliant end to the season saw us finish just behind the big 4. We did unfortuantely cost San Marino the title though.... Pescara though were the team who benifited, and the first team to break the Titans hold on Italian football.

fixturesendof33seriea.JPG

serieatable33.jpg

Italian Cup - Runner Up (Board Expects - Last 8)

We were magnificent in the cup and coasted to the Final. Unfortunately we were given a lesson in the first 45 minutes by Inter and the tie was as good as dead at half time. We improved hugely after the break but we were never going to get the 2 required goals.

coppa33.jpg

Europa League - 2nd Knockout Round (Board Expects - Not Judged)

We gave ourselves every chance with a brilliant draw at San Marino Stadium and when we took the lead early at the San Siro the dream was on. Unfortunately San Marino scored twice before we hit our second to level the tie (but trail on away goals at half time). It was who else but Morello who ended our challenge midway through the second as his cool finish broke us.

eurocupexit.jpg

uefa33.jpg

Player Stats

Top Goalscorer - Marc Miller - 37

Top Assists - Georgi Gogoladze - 17

Top Rating - Marc Millar - 8.25

Appearances - Guiseppe Martellacci -54

MotM - Marc Millar - 12

Club Info

Reputation - National

Training Facilities - Top

Youth Facilities - Good

Junior Coaching - Excellent

Youth Recruitment - Established

Club Value - £95m

Stadium - 80018

Season Ticket Holders - 31951

33-34 Season Part 1 - AC Milan

Results were brilliant in the early season at the San Siro. We started well, scored alot of goals and flew up the league. If it wasn't for San Marino's determination to bounce back from last seasons farce I'd of made us favourites but they were brilliant. Our only blemish came against defending champions Pescara and we were quite unlucky that day.

3334milantillnovemberre.jpg

The league table looked like this with us really in the mix.

3334novserieatable.jpg

We also started brilliantly in the Europa League despite losing our first game to Spurs, we smashed a record against Getafe storming to a 13-1 win as Nabab went mental scoring in October and November. Qualification was assured after four of our six games and I was quite pleased.

3334eurocupfix.jpg

3334milanuefacupgroup.jpg

3334131.jpg

334notabad2games.jpg

acmilanbossresigns.jpg

But I was finally offered my gateway out of Italy when an offer I couldn't refuse came along. It was a tough decision to make as I love Milan Irl and they are a huge club to me. It was great for me too see Claude Makelele as the bookies favourite. The man was a legend in my eyes. He had being my assistant manager everywhere since 2029 and I owed him a huge debt.

33-34 II - PSV

So I left Milan as I was sick of Italy and my new job came at reigning Dutch Champions PSV. The dutch league had become something of a procession for them with Ajax relegated 4 years ago and Feyenoord at the foot of the table only a couple of clubs occasionaly threatened them. So a soft job for domestic success. Despite this I joined the club with them languishing in 11th in the league table, out of the Champions League (and Europe altogether) but still in the Dutch Cup. My plan for the Dutch giants would be the missing European Success.

newcluboverview.jpg

pastwinners.JPG

eredontakinover.jpg

334clpsv.jpg

We had bags of quality for this Division and our squad was easily expected to win the league. Unfortunately alot of the player were in positions I don't really use alot. Still it was a squad I was more than happy with. Facilities to die for and all I had to do was set about bringing in my own staff. The new challenge had begun.

1stteamsquad.jpg

Archived