San Marino Challenge - My last game of fm2012.

P O\'D

Season Round Up 2026-27

Serie A - Champions (Board Expects - Champions)

We coasted to the league title but didn't actually get crowned till gameweek 35. In a great season for Sammarinese players Roberto Renzi topped the leagues goal charts with 31 and international strike partner Agostino Morello came 3rd with 21. Renzi topped the league ratings with 7.76, won the most man of the matches with 10 and we completed a clean sweep when Pierluigi Ferrari claimed the most assists with a haul of 22.

2027finalserieatable.jpg

Italian Cup - Champions (Board Expects - Not Important)

After a stunning semi final win over Lazio, we twice we hit back against Inter in a cracking final to level the game at half time. We bossed the second period but it was on og from Douglas that earned us the trophy.

coppa2027.jpg

Champions League - Champions (Board Expects - Last 8)

Another Champions League to our haul of trophies. To be fair the draw went our way and we only faced two tough ties, Real in the last 8 and Lyon who we strangely crushed in the final.

cl2027group.jpg

cl2027kol.jpg

Italian Super Cup - Champions (Boards Expects - Not Important)

A crushing win over Fiorentina but tbh a game of little importance. Did see us enter the season in good form though.

Players Stats

Top Goalscorer - Roberto Renzi - 46 (Morello -38, Sannerud - 23)

Top Assists - Ferrari - 33 (Mangiarotti - 24))

Top Rating - Roberto Renzi - 7.74

Appearances - Pedro - 53

MotM - Roberto Renzi - 14

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Season 27-28 PreSeason

Club - San Marino

Division - Italian Serie A

Media Prediction - 2nd

Board Requirements - Title Challenge

Reputation - Continental

Training Facilities - State of the Art

Youth Facilities - State of the Art

Junior Coaching - Exceptional

Youth Recruitment - Well Established

Club Value - £400m (+£31m)

Stadium - 37180

Season Ticket Holders - 16215 (+ 946)

Manager Info

Reputation - World Class

Wage - £51,000

No incomings for the current season as the Italian talent is too expensive to justify, the only outgoing was Gasperoni who joined Valencia on loan.

We're going to the Euro's!!!!!!!!!

International Round Up 2027

What a season at international level. We destroyed pretty much everyone in our path and peaked at tenth in the FIFA world rankings in November. No games in December meant we finished the season in 15th though.

Here's the highlights.....

qualification.jpg

intresults2027.jpg

groupfinaltable.jpg

Glory, Glory San Marino....

Our new ranking gained us a nice group in the World Cup Qualifiers...

worldcupqualgroup2829.jpg

And than there was the small matter of the 2028 European Championships, where we got a tough group

eurochampgroup.jpg

nationaloverview27.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

thx mate.

----------------------------------------------------------

Season Round Up 2027-28

10 consecutive Serie A titles!!!! We won the title comfortably again and we also started one match with 11 Sammarinese internationals. Agostino Morello topped the scoring charts with 52 league goals and Pierluigi Ferrari again topped the assists, breaking the competitions record with a massive 32.

2728leaguetablevr.jpg

We cruised through despite slumping to defeat to Inter in the 2nd leg of our semifinal. The final was a thriller, we led twice only to be pegged back. Fell 3-2 down on 87 minutes but Morello equalised in injury time. We took the lead in extra time only for Juve to grab their 3rd equaliser and the match went to peno's. The shootout was equally as dramatic, we went 2-0 down after 2 peno's a piece but managed to hit back to claim our 10th Coppa as Juve crumbled.

coppafinalmatch.jpg

2728coppa.jpg

Champions League - Last 16 (Board Expects - Last 8)

Terrible, we cruised through our group stage and than imploded against Barca at the Nou Camp, slumping to our worst ever defeat. We managed to win the second leg but it wasn't much of a game.

2728clgroup.jpg

worsteverresult.jpg

28champsleagueko.jpg

World Club Cup - Champions (Board Expects - Winner)

Another trophy. We bossed both games despite only winning the final 1-0. Another trophy.

2027worldclubcup.jpg

Italian Super Cup - Champions (Board Expects - Not Important)

It took peno's to sink Inter after a drab affair but we won our first competitive game of the season and were off to a good start.

European Super Cup - Champions (Board Expects - Champions)

We slaughtered Arsenal to earn another Euro Super Cup. Morello doing the damage with a stunning hat trick.

supercups.jpg

Top Goalscorer - Agostino Morello - 69

Top Assists - Pierluigi Ferrari - 42

Top Rating - Agostino Morello - 8.25

Appearances - Pierluigi Ferrari - 53

MotM - Agostino Morello - 19

San Marino at the European Football Championships, England 2028

Preperation

So when asked to submit a 30 man squad, I chose 22 (as we only have 18 useful players and we needed 2 gks and 2 rbs despite them being useless.)

All the big guns were fit thanks god and the squad stars are highlighted for those interested. 20 of the 22 came from my San Marino Calcio side and the other 2 were only recently released from the same club. So I suppose the media were justified in saying I only pick my own players, but in my defence Tri Fiori or whatever they're called weren't exactly pumping out Messi's from their academy.

thesquad.jpg

Preperation Friendlies

Friendlies went really well with us hammering everyone and entering the tournie on a major high. Morello fresh from a fantastic club season led the way, scoring at ease and bagging no less than 17 goals from the 4 matches. As a team we managed 32 goals in our 4 warm up games. Not bad at all. We conceded three but I knew going in with such a weak defence, only the Kevin Keegan method could bring us success.

warmup1.jpg

warmup2.jpg

warmup3.jpg

warmup4.jpg

So with much optimism we hit the big time.

The Group Stages

We were drawn into Group C with Wales, Germany and Sweden, a nice soft one than...... but first.

The Other Groups (A,B,D,E,F)

groupsaandb.jpg

groupsdf.jpg

So no major shocks and Italy finally returning to form to top a tough group.

Group C - The Group of Death Round 1

Our opening fixture was against Wales, given our record against the Welsh I wasn't overly optimistic but I knew we could at least be competitive here. It was an even game despite Wales bossing the possession but in a game that saw both teams have exactly 7 shots, it was our 2 on target to Wales failing to test Trovo a single time that would tell the tale as we ran out comfortable enough winners. Workmanlike but it was revenge on a team who had given us many a killing.

Groups other Game - Sweden 1-0 Germany

groupgamewales1.jpg

Group C - Round 2

Our second outing of the tournament was against the Germans. We had given as good as we'd got off the Germans in qualification but they are a big tournament team. They bossed the ball, had 23 shots to our 12 but again it was our ruthlessness that was to count. We had 9 or our 12 shots test the keeper while Germany only managed 5. It was telling again as we were 2-0 up when they finally got their goal, but a 3rd from centrehalf Felici ended the contest and put us into the last 16.

Groups other Game - Sweden 0-0 Wales

groupgamegermany2.jpg

Group C - Round 3

Despite being already qualified the importance of topping the group meant alot to me so I sent out the first XI to face Sweden bar a couple of minor changes. We trailed twice in the first half and both times equalised within 3 minutes. Team spirit to be proud of... The 2nd half was one way traffic and we stormed home (with Morello grabbing his hattrick) to top the group. Luckily for the Swedes Wales couldn't find a solitary goal in the group and Sweden joined us in the last 16. Oh and as almost an insult our reward for topping the group was a tie with Holland in the last 16 while the Swedes have drawn Serbia.... Should of thrown it..

Groups other Game - Germany 0-0 Wales

groupgamesweden3.jpg

sanmarinogroup.jpg

The Knockouts

Last 16

So up next was a tough tie with the footballing superpower that was Holland. Well they never saw us coming... a 1st minute red card saw us enjoy a man advantage for the next 92 and we cut through the Dutch like a hot knife through butter. The goals flowed and it was the moment we announced ourselves as the team to beat at the Euro's. Morello's 2nd consecutive hat trick took him to 8 goals in the competition.

last16.jpg

last16full.jpg

Quarter Finals

A tremendous match with Russia would be our quarter final. We bossed the Russians dominating every aspect of the game but they showed like us that a clinical touch is what matters and this one went to the wire. In the end it was Morello who would be the saviour as goals no.9 & 10 took us to the semi finals.

last8t.jpg

last8full.jpg

Semi Finals

So our semifinal would be Belgium who dumped out Italy. We had recently held our own against them and I wasn't awfully worried. Did somebody ask for another Morello hattrick? well, no, but he gave us one anyway. Singlehandedly demolishing the Belgians as we strolled to the European Championship Final.

semifinalbelgium.jpg

semisqz.jpg

So we would play the cheesemakers in the final. Onwards and upwards.

The European Championship Final 2028

So here it was our moment had arrived. But could we actually handle it?

It was the usual starting XI who would take the pitch.

GK - Trovo

RB - Juliano

CB - Felici

CB - Albani

LB - Greco

DM - Picciniu

MC - Ferrari ©

MC - Bonfante

FC - Renzi

FC - Morello

FC - Fortunato

On to the match... and what a match it was....

matchroudup.jpg

finalendtoend.jpg

We are the champions, no time for French people cause we are the champions of the most important part of the world!!!

fansareecstatic.jpg

great year. Pity about the hammering in the Champs League but Im hoping for a season of 7 trophies. Hopefully world cup, world club cup, champs league,serie a, italian cup, and both super cups, would be a nice septuble (or whatever the real word is for it) and I can than retire on a high and finally get FM13.

• 4 weeks later...

International Season 2028

A great season for San Marino.

After our euros win we didn't drop the ball and won our remaining games for the season. Shattering records. We briefly hit no.1 in the world but two weak friendlies saw France pip us to end of the year no.1. Note to self schedule harder friendlies.

no1zf.jpg

Not a bad set of results for San Marino....

2028results.JPG

2028wcqualifyingtournam.jpg

2028overview.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Guys, sorry about the lack of updates to anyone who was following lately but between work, my band (more work), building a guitar and the darts season being in full swing I'm up to my eyes. Anyways onwards and upwards.

Season Round Up 2028-29

We eased to the Serie A title, wrapping up the title with 4 games to spare. Had a blip after winning it, going 3 games without a win but again another excellent season. As usual Morello and Ferrari were the star men. The striker netting 51 times and Ferrari topping the leagues assists with 16.

2829leaguetable.jpg

Another Coppa and this time a very dramatic one. After a routine start we took a commanding 4-0 lead in our semi with Palermo but for some unknown reason we never turned up in the away leg. We fell 6-0 down (yes 6-0) before too late strikes edged us through on away goals. More drama awaited in the final. We killed Brescia in the first half and earned a 4-1 lead. But red cards for Felici and Morello saw us play over half an hour with 9 men. Despite dominating Brescia only managed one goal.

coppa2829.jpg

After a strong group campaign where we won 6 out of 6 and thrashed Chelsea twice I was optimistic that we could regain Europes top prize and well we did with some style. We easily dispatched City in the last 8, PSG in the semi's and Chelsea for a 3rd time this season in the final to add another major trophy and put me top of the Hall of Fame.

champsgroup2829.jpg

champsko2829.jpg

We missed a peno to win in normal time but thumped Juve in extra time to retain the Super Cup comfortably in the end. Nice win for a mix and match team.

Hall of Fame

Hey Fergie off a your perch.

halloffame29.jpg

Player Stats

Top Goalscorer - Agostino Morello - 79

Top Assists - Pierluigi Ferrari - 27

Top Rating - Agostino Morello - 8.33

Appearances - Pedro - 51(1)

MotM - Agostino Morello - 22

Club Info

Reputation - Worldwide (Up from Continental)

Club Value - £516m (+£116m)

Stadium - 37180

Season Ticket Holders - 16520 (up 305)

Manager Info

Reputation - World Class

Wage - £51,000

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

29-30 will be the year of a major overhaul. All my stars are now bored and mad to move so I'll be shipping the on for proper value. Paolo Bonfante has already become the most expersive Sammarinesse player of all time, joining Spurs for £30m.

Confederations Cup 2029 - Italy.

We hadn't far to travel to the Confed Cup and with a nice group I was optimistic about our chances. We entered the competition with a pretty much full strength squad and with Ireland, Ghana and Japan in our group we expected to do well.

Group Stages

vsghana.jpg

An early red card set the tone for the game and we coasted to a comfortable and unchallenged victory. Not alot to say, Morello as always doing the damage.

vsireland.jpg

The Republic proved to be a tough challenge and former World Cup winners and they probably should of beaten us. We scraped a scarcely deserved draw again thanks to Morello and we were pretty much through with Japan to go. Unfortunately for a squad so lacking outside the first XI we lost talisman Pierluigi Ferrari for the rest of the competition through injury.

vsjapan.jpg

As expected Japan offered absolutely zero resistance as despite letting in silly goals we coasted to winning the group and a semifinal with Argentina. Ghana shocked Ireland to join us in the semi's. An injury to Mayr added to our squad problems but we would soldier on.

confedgroups.jpg

Semi Finals vs Argentina

So we took the game to Argentina from the off and looked as if we were cruising to the final despite Ferrari's absence. But we managed to throw away a 3-1 lead at half time as we lost the second half by the same margin. There was only going to be one winner in extra time and that was the Argies and so it proved. A poor, poor showing and our first defeat in nearly 40 matches.

vsargentina.jpg

3rd Place Playoff vs Italy

So the old enemy awaited in the playoff. With us crippled by suspensions at the back and injury in attacking positions I played the strongest squad available more in hope than expectation. And featuring a team that featured 7 San Marino or ex San Marino players (10 in the squad) we were thrashed by half time. My very own striker Robert Nesta tearing us to shreds. 4-0 at the break saw a bollicking which my players have never before felt and despite an improved second half we slumped to a 5-1 thrashing.

vsitaly.jpg

The Final

Argentina on penos against a Ghana side who had improved hugely after their opener against us.

confedfinal.jpg

So not the best campaign but hardly terrible either. The Italy thrashing had hit confidence hard though and I would need to pick the team up if we were to ease home in world cup qualifying.

International Season 2029

Well bar two poor performances (well 1.5) we had another good year, cruised into the world cup and get my hope of a managerial septuple alive. As always Morello and Ferrari were the undoubted stars but young Fortunato is developing at an amazing pace and is already better than legend Roberto Renzi as we have arguably the most potent attack in international football.

29intresults.jpg

wcqualifiers.jpg

29intoverview.jpg

In a little club team spoiler we have won all 3 trophies of the 7 we've played so far. The Italian Super Cup, Euro Super Cup and World Club Championship.

I think the club bein based in Italy makes this challenge easier than people tend to think, its easy enough to produce quality players when you hit Serie A and start raking in the cash. One mistake I've made though is increasing youth recruitment to a larger area, alot of my better youths coming through the last 2-3 years are Italian as opposed to Sammarinese which we were getting in the first half of the 25-30 decade and I can't cut it back.

Season Round Up 2029-30 - The Season We Won It All

Was the fourth of our hopefully hopefully seven trophy haul. We cruised to the title and won it in gameweek 35. Morello had his best goal scoring season and Ferrari despite grumbling to leave was back to his formidable best. Strangely we lost twice in the first half of the season but by January's end led by 10 points. A gap we easily held over Inter.

2930serieatable.jpg

The Coppa was the 5th trophy we brought home this season and kept our perfect run alive. It came much easier than the previous seasons drama with us experiencing very little trouble. Like our season so far it was plain sailing.

2930coppa.jpg

Well Uefa didn't half try to make it hard for us did they? Despite being top seeds we were given the tough task of Valencia and Marseille in the groups and a nice little run of Barcelona, Real Madrid, Man City and Arsenal in the knockouts. A huge test but one we answered in style with only Barca giving us a game. We stormed to our 6th trophy of 6 this season. Unbelievable Jeff!!!

2930clgroup.jpg

2930clknockout.jpg

World Club Cup - Champions (Board Expects - Champions)

So the 3rd of the Septuple was a walk in the park. We crushed Tunis 10-0 in the semi's and than coasted the final quite easily against Flamengo.

wccup2930.jpg

We thrashed Porto to claim the Super Cup, our second trophy and only our second game of the season.

2930eurosc.jpg

Brescia were brushed aside by 5 goal Morello in our opening game of the season (The first of a possilbe Septuple)

2930supercup.jpg

Player Stats

Top Goalscorer - Agostino Morello - 108 (Godlike and Sammarinesse too)

Top Assists - Pierluigi Ferrari - 44 (A new record for one of the best mc's the world has ever had)

Top Rating - Agostino Morello - 8.67

Appearances - Pedro - 57 (just gets better with age)

MotM - Agostino Morello - 30

Club Info

Reputation - Worldwide

Club Value - £562m (+£46m)

Stadium - 37180

Season Ticket Holders - 17168 (up 648)

Manager Info

Reputation - World Class

Wage - £52,000 (+£1k)

So all that keeps me from my 7 trophy haul is the tiny matter of winning the World Cup with tiny San Marino. Is it even possible? Stay tuned for the answer...

World Cup 2030 - I - Warm Ups

We would travel the short trip to Italy in good spirits as the worlds no.2 ranked team (behind Brazil). First off was assesing the group draw, nothing too taxing and I was quite happy with it. A great chance of making the Knockouts.

worldcup30group.jpg

Warm Up Friendlies

Not a bad return although worringly we did fire a blank against Algeria. Things were better against Mali despite the goals coming lateish and Congo was our best performance, despite conceding twice after injury saw us reduced to 10 men.

warmupalgeria1.jpg

warmupmali2.jpg

warmupcongo3.jpg

World Cup 2030 - II - The Squad

Was a fairly straightforward decision and so too is the starting XI with us having a strongish first XI and nothing behind.

GK - Cota - The young stopper is essentially the best of a bad lot and will start for no other reason.

RB - Juliano - Our weakest starting player and probably the only position where we are no strong than 2012.

LB - Greco - Has seen lots of Serie A action but a player who is incredibley average. Another weak position.

CB - Felici - Talented centre back who is in the San Marino clubs first XI week in week out. Heart and Soul of a weak defence.

CB - Albani - A backup player at San Marino but easily the second strongest CB in the Squad. Useful Player by SM standards.

DM - Piccinnu - Against an average player who is not really Serie A standard, still plys his trade at San Marino as a backup and sometimes reserve player.

MC - Ferrari - Pierluigi Ferrari is probably the greatest midfielder in the history of football. He has constantly smashed assist records and won numerous awards. Legend of Sammarinesse football.

MC - Bonfante - Left San Marino for Spurs for £30m. Another World Class midfielder although not as rounded as Ferrari

FC- Renzi - What can you say about Roberto. A legend and the player probably with most the responsiblility for making us the side we are. Not the most gifted footballer but a Legend who recently joined Malaga. 148 International Goals in 137 Appearances.

ST - Morello - Quite simply the best footballer in the world. Serie A top scorer 4 years in a row and coming into the world cup with 108 goals this season. 124 goals in 82 caps and only 23.

FC - Fortunato - The new wonderkid of SM football. Hit 31 goals in all competitions this season for San Marino outscoring club legend Sunnerud. Real star with the potential to be as good as Morello.

The Bench

GL - Maestri - Poor quality keeper but more experienced than our no. 3

GK - Mazzoni - As good as Maestri but far less experienced.

RB - Faetanini - Not alot of difference between this kid and Juliano but experience counts. Lots of time to become our regular no.2 though

LB - Corda - Not nearly as good as Greco but with simular potential he could someday be regular starting LB

DC - D'Amico - Weak in comparison to the starters but again with decent potential.

DC - D'Orazio - About the same as D'Amico just imho not as good a potential.

DM - Corda - Poor player but with better potential than Piccinnu. Hopefully a future star.

MC - Padovani - Never going to get a look in at best will be a mid level Serie B player.

MC - Corioni - Going to be a good Serie A player but never as good as the current MC's

ST - Mayr - Not quite good enough but has the potential to be as good as Renzi

ST - Rossini - A recent defector from Italy. Has potential to be a good Serie A footballer, better than Mayr and Renzi.

ST - Coppola - Terrible excuse for a footballer but is the 6th best striker in the nation. Will probably not find a new club and retire.

World Cup 2030 - Groups A to G

A tight group A saw Denmark enter the last round of matches with 2 wins from 2 but defeat to Italy and Mexico's win over Tunisia saw the Danes exit the tournie on 6 points. Group B was all about the Spain, 3 straight wins saw them ease into Rd 2, joined by Germany who were in truth unlucky to lose to Spain. A brilliant Russia topped group with Argentina scraping home in second.

wcgroupac.jpg

The no.1 team in World Football coasted to 3 wins from 3 in Group D and were in ominous form. They were joined by Turkey who pipped them by a solitary goal (conceding one less against the Brazilians)

Group E was the group of shocks. Canada topping the group with Scotland earning 2nd position as footballing giants Uruguay and Holland flopped in stunning style. Group F saw England cruise through as expected but Algeria were suprise runners up. France edged a strong Poland to Group G as both teams went through comfortably enough.

wcgroupdg.jpg

Group H - San Marino vs The World

First up for us was Egypt. They were expected group whipping boys and so it proved. We eased to a 3-1 half time lead and Morello added the gloss in the 68th minute. Romania pipped South Korea in the groups other tie.

wcgame1egypt.jpg

Round 2 saw us face the struggling Koreans... Disaster... We were poor and outplayed but hit back to level twice, looked like earning an undeserved point before a crazy Juliano og cost us any points. Romania won for a second time to put one foot in the second round 2-1 over Egypt.

wcgame2korea.jpg

So with Korea expected to beat Egypt it all hinged on us beating Romania. We finally looked like we'd turned up at the World Cup when Bonfante and a Morello brace put us 3 up at half time. Another Morello strike saw us coast to a 4-0 win. As expected Korea did indeed beat Egypt (1-0) and the Romanians crashed out despite sitting on 6 points. Harsh on them and lucky for us who went through as Group winners. It meant we would face Poland as opposed to a strong France in the last 16. Poland though would be no pushovers.

wcgame3romania.jpg

wcfinalgrouptable.jpg

World Cup Knockouts Last 16

So as expected the Poles put up a huge fight. End to end stuff and full of drama. It took and og against the run of play to put us ahead and it was tit for tat until Rossini saw red in first half injury time.

The Poles bossed after the break and we lost Bonfante for the tournie 10 minutes in. The numbers were evened in controversial circumstances on 63, but it didn't stifle the Poles though and they equalised immediately. That seemed to spark us into life though and we took the game to them from than on. Fortunato the hero with two late goals as we moved into the last 8.

last16.jpg

wclast16.jpg

World Cup Knockouts Last 8

We had the favourable quarter final draw in Algeria when you consider what the other 6 sides and I hoped we could get a confidence building win and thats exactly how it transpired. All 3 front men getting on the score sheet and tbh Renzi's goal nearly brought a tear to my eye. Great to see my favourite ever FM player score at a world cup.

last8algeria.jpg

wclast8.jpg

We would face Russia in the semi's with England facing the Germans.

World Cup 2030 Semi Finals

We faced the Russians who were once again a super power of World Football and it was a mouth watering tie. We started brilliantly and looked like we were coasting thanks to a Morello brace but the Russians aren't known for giving in. They pulled one back just after the midway point in the first half and despite both teams having chances they were the ones who scored the 4th goal to take the game to extra time. The Russians looked the more likely winners but we clung on for peno's. Both sides scored their first but the Russians fell apart from then and we managed to get through. Dispatching 3 of our 4. On to the World Cup Final.

last4.jpg

wclast4.jpg

World Cup 2030 Final

So it was England in the Final. Without a doubt the most talented side in the World (caused by the player explosion bug of me adding the English League in the late 10s)

It was a really topsy turvy game with two goals in the first 10 minutes before we took a 3-1 lead. England bossed the match but we looked deadly on the break. We also suffered 3 injuries and finished the game with 10 men but England thankfully could only pull on goal back and we were World Cup Champions. Savage.

wcfinal.jpg

So there we go Challenge Completed, time for a rest from FM.

My greatest ever FM (probably gaming) achievement. I have to say my entire family think Im mental over my final whistle celebrations. Not sure what to do now. Madrid sit on 11 Champs League titles to our 5 and Juve on 31 Scudetto's to our 12. Dunno if I can do another 20 seasons to take them off the top (it would mean Sani turning 109). Maybe its time to move on and try and knock Sani off his perch with a new club. Time for some serious decisions before I move on.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks SJ, tbh its not as hard a challenge as it seemed at the outset. Its mainly about sticking it out when your getting tanked at international level and not losing faith, I think I resigned after one particulary thumping international loss and despite club progress felt like jacking it in, but sticking it out made it worthwhile as the like of Ferrari, Bonfante, Morello etc... all came through pretty quickly following Renzi and we flew up the rankings once if clicked.

Season Round Up 2030-31 - 13 Straight Competition wins for Sani

Well in what could be easily my final season we put in our best ever Serie A performance. We won the league with 8 (yes eight) games to spear and shattered alot of individual records but only matched our best ever points total and fell one short of our clubs goals for record (160 to 161). Morello destroyed Adam Thorpes goals record smashing in 82 league goals along the way. Pierluigi Ferrari broke the assists record with 37 and the entire top. The entire top 4 of the assists chart came from us with Fortunato (27), Dragoi and Castillo (15) coming in behind Pierluigi. We also had the league top 7 rated players. So again not a bad season.

3031leaguetable.jpg

3031serieastats.JPG

The Coppa again came fairly comfortably. We did lost the second leg of our semi final but after winning the first 4-0 had little to worry about. Morello did get himself a red card in the final though.

3031coppa.jpg

The most dramatic of wins. We had faced Valencia twice in the group stages and had a win and a loss. The final was a thriller and we probably didn't deserve it. We trailed twice and our second equaliser came from a Fergie time controversial penalty. Ferrari stroking home in the 3rd of 2 minutes injury time. We than led in extra time only to throw it away before sudden death penalites decided our fate. Morello the only miss of our six.

3031clgroup.jpg

3031clknockout.jpg

3031clfinal.jpg

World Club Cup - Champions (Board Expects - Champions)

Well this was easy, we averaged 9.5 goals per game after scoring 11 and than 8 times.

3031cwc.jpg

Dortmund were quite easily dispatched as we earned another Euro Super Cup.

3031eurosupercup.jpg

A 7-0 thrashing of parent club Cesena... Not bad, not bad at all.

3031supercup.jpg

Player Stats

Top Goalscorer - Agostino Morello - 124 (Thats 232 in 2 seasons... Greatest FM striker since Sola imho.. could even surpass him. Fortunato chipped in with 26 goals.)

Top Assists - Pierluigi Ferrari - 59 (Surpasses his own record, another Sammarinese player Fortunato had a brilliant 37)

Top Rating - Agostino Morello - 8.79 (A best for FM Careers if I'm not mistaken)

Appearances - Pedro - 59 (at 33 years of age for the best club in the world!!!)

MotM - Agostino Morello - 35 (Another record)

3031playerstats.jpg

3031morelloseason.JPG

Club Info

Reputation - Worldwide

Club Value - £564m (+£2m)

Stadium - 37180

Season Ticket Holders - 17639 (up 471)

Manager Info

Reputation - World Class

Wage - £52,000

3031halloffame.jpg

I'm waiting on offers for somewhere new as I have now won my last 13 competitions (including 2 CL's, 2 Serie A's and the World Cup) so I feel the time may be right. Although I would really like to see Morello have a go at Sola's goal record so i may stick it out. Decisions, Decisions.

Switching back to a competition by competition based format for the time being as I'm currently on the look out for a new job.

Season 31-32 - PtI

We coasted past Brescia for our 29th straight Italian trophy as our stranglehold on the nation continued.

3132italiansupercup.jpg

A battling performance saw off Chelsea in a poor enough game that we finished with 10 men thanks to a late injury.

3132europeansupercup.JPG

124 goals! :eek: What a brilliant effort!

And he's from San Marino too!

All the best players are now... guys a beast as is Ferrari in midfield and it looks like Fortunato could be even better up top at the rate he's progressing.

Having a bit of a problem in this game. Every club I apply for laugh off my interest. For example Newcastle hired the guy from Palermo who is inexperienced but laughed off my interest, New York Red Bulls did the same. Really like hire a guy whose only being at Palermo (who are sh*t) awhile but laugh off the greatest manager of all time with 13 Serie A, a Euro Championship and a World Cup with San Marino... I know Mike Ashley is crazy but I don't think he's there anymore...

A New Era!!!! - Going for Gold

resignation.jpg

So too be honest total domination and the fact I was losing interest was getting to me a little and I decided to hand in my resignation. Despite being far and away the greatest/best/ chosen one (I think after 57 trophies I can say that with a serious face) I couldn't find a job for the entire season. I waited patiently and got laughed at and dismissed by every one form Everton to Cittadella via Portland and Granada (before I finally found out after searching these and fmbase forums FM is bugged for new jobs when you spend ages building a club up. Being Sammarinesse prob doesn't help either)

Than an interesting proposal came along and I grabbed it with both hands. Something I could never achieve at San Marino. I was offered the chance to return to the beautiful game through 3 interesting proposals all with u-23 teams and all relating to the Olympics. The 3 offers came from France, Italy and Spain U-23's who all required a boss for the Games in 2032.

I was kind of sick of Italy from the SM experience and I knew most there star players from Serie A and tbh they were the weakest team of the 3 with offers, so that ruled them out. Next team I considered was France who are brilliant at youth level but I still haven't forgiven Thierry Henry for THAT handball so I passed them up as well, which left me with the Spanish as my favourite option. I quite fancy moving to Spain anyway as having B teams in the lower divisions can be great for developing youngsters so I figured why not and it was decided....

Marino Sani would be going for Gold with Spain U-23's.

goingforgold.jpg

Archived