San Marino Challenge - My last game of fm2012.

P O\'D

International Season 2019

We had a brilliant year but also suffered our worst ever loss this season. We've flown up the rankings and Pierluigi Ferrari and Renzi are still the stars of the show. Gasperoni, Piccinnu and now Albani all see themselves as Italian and are refusing callups but until they are capped for Italy I'll keep trying. No less than 15 of the international squad and 8 of the starting XI are from my club with hopefully more coming in March. We earned a competitive win and an away draw to finish our group on 4 points which has to be a record. We now sit a massive 158th in the FIFA World Rankings, not bad if I say so myself. Bring on the World Cup Qualifiers.

First the sad news as he retired right before our first competitive win....

goodbyealdo.jpg

2019intresults.jpg

groupafinaltable.jpg

worldcupqualifyinggroup.jpg

2020overview.jpg

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Second Half of Season 19-20

What can I say we were magnificent, coasted to the title despite the odd blip and won it with three games to go. Selaci led the way with no less than 52 league goals in a season where he scored 73 in total despite wanting to leave. Brilliant Season.

june20resultsseriea.jpg

1920finalleaguetable.jpg

The Italian Cup was again retained our only real tough encounter being Fiorentina in the two legged semi final.

italiancup1920.jpg

In the Champions League Manchester United again proved our nemesis, easing past us this time over two legs as opposed to us throwing it away last time. We did go a round further though and we're getting closer to completing the club challenge.

champsleague1920ko.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Season Round Up 2019-20

Serie A - 1st (Board Expects - Champs League)

Italian Cup - Champions (Board Expects - Quarter Final)

Champions League - Semi Finals (Board Expects - Group Stage)

Top Goalscorer - Selaci - 73

Top Assists - Matos, Sannerud - 21

Top Rating - Selaci - 8.27

Appearances - Mario Oliver - 48

MotM - Selaci - 20

Sammarinese Youth Player Watch -

Roberto Renzi - 6 starts, 8 sub, 7 goals, 5 assists, 2 motm - 7.29

Sammaritani - didn't feature this season.

Pierluigi Ferrari - 15 starts, 25 sub, 3 goal, 15 assists, 2 motm - 7.08

Gasperoni - 5 starts, 6 sub, 1 goals, 1 assists - 6.81 (still elligable but currently with Italy u21s)

Piccinnu - didn't feature (still elligable but currently with Italy u19s)

Kevin Giacomi - 6 subs - 6.85 rating

Giuseppe Coppola - 1 sub - 6.9 rating

Paolo Bonfante - 2 sub - 6.9 rating

League Info - Serie A

Champions - San Marino

Champs League - Inter, Fiorentina

UEFA Cup - Napoli, Lazio, Palermo

Relegated - Roma, Lecce, Vicenza

Italian Cup

Champions - San Marino

Runner Up - Palermo

Champions League

Champions - Man United

Runner Up - Man City

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Division - Italian Serie A

Media Prediction - 6th out of 20

Board Requirements - Euro Cup

Reputation - National

Training Facilities - Top

Youth Facilities - Good (Up from Average)

Junior Coaching - Exceptional (Up from Excellent)

Youth Recruitment - Above Average (Up from Average)

Club Value - £115m (+£55m)

Stadium - 6750 (moving Stadium next season)

Season Ticket Holders - 3813 (up 903)

Manager Info

Reputation - World Class (Up from Continental)

Wage - £30,500

PreSeason

So this time I had a mighty £35m transfer budget heading into the new season and I intended to use it to hopefully complete the challenge and win the Champions League.

A pre-season which saw major changes at the club and big money both coming in and going out. Leaving the club were defenders Dupuis (£500k - Bari), Kamga (£1m - Verona), holding midfielder Del Monte (£2m - Parma), attacking midfielder and one of my favourite players of all time Garcia (£2m - Napoli) and striker Henrique who joing Brescia on loan for 1.5m making us a cool £7m on players who would hardly feature.

I was cautious enough with my transfer budget but still really strengthened the team this season. All who arrived were deemed top players by my scouts and coming into the club were centre backs Precklet (£2.9m - Atromitos), Pedro (£3m - Real Madrid) and fullbacks Andrade (£675k - Porto) and Riviera (Atromitos - £2.5m).

In attack I spent a bit more, striker Zimmerman (Elfsborg - £2.4m) and Ajanovic (Sturm Graz - £4.9m) arriving before midfielders Manhique (Sporting - £3.4m) and club record signing Job (£8.25m) from Sparta Prague.

With it being a major international competition year we had a staggered pre-season but still managed to sneak the Super Cup beating Palermo on penalties.

Euro 2020

Pretty much as expected bar Frances two wonderful knockout performances.

euro2020groupac.jpg

euro2020groupdf.jpg

euro2020knockout.jpg

The Potential to be Invincible - First Half of 20-21

We have again vastly improved and haven't lost a single game in the new season in any competition. Super stuff. I have once again being crowned Serie A Manager of the Year and Selaci has retained his Golden Ball, Serie A Fans Player of the Year, Serie A Young Player of the Year and Serie A Foreign Player of the Year Awards. Superb stuff from a player who hates it here...

resultstodec2020.jpg

leaguetabledec2020.jpg

champsgroupfixdec2021.jpg

champsgrouptabledec2020.jpg

Not bad for the little team from San Marino who started out in a 4.5k stadium... Onwards.

International Season 2020

So we didn't have the best our worst of season this year. 4 defeats in 4 competitive games but bar a stupid team talk causing havoc in Armenia we've being really competitive in all games and haven't bein taking the hammerings of old. Signs of improvement even if we did slip down the rankings.

internationalreuslts202.jpg

worldcup2022quatabledec.jpg

nationoverview2020.jpg

10 Season of International Football

San Marino

Football in San Marino has never being better. This year the nation peaked at a mighty 138th in the FIFA World Rankings before falling to 167th. Overall in the 10 years (well 9.5) since I've being involved thats a 40 place jump. Not bad. Despite coming last in all our qualification tournies we took points for the first time in the last one and have being competitive without earning any in a tough group this time around.

highestranking.jpg

The Players

The vast majority of the players have come through the youth system of my San Marino side.

overallbestxi.jpg

Frattini - Currently reserve team keeper at San Marino. Came through their youth system. Quite a terrible player and not near as good as Simonici ever was, strange to see him in goal.

Sammaritani - The RB is the best the nations ever had again plays with San Marino reserves. A decent player for San Marino but in all honestly a Serie D standard player at best.

Accardi - A terrible CB who again came through the San Marino youth system. Was released at the start of this season. Currently unattached.

A Lo Russo - The first player to feature who didn't come through the San Marino youth academy. Signed two seasons ago to replace Accardi in the reserves though. Poor footballer.

Giannone - Far and away one of San Marino's better defenders. Came through the Virtus youth system but currently plays his football for Aversa Normanna.

Rizzo - Recently released by San Marino, where he has being since coming through as a youth product. A terrilbe player who now doesn't get a game for the NT.

Bonomi - Another you product from the SM system. Another terrible player. Recently released and clubless.

Pierluigi Ferrari - When it comes to the best player though to ever pull on a national shirt than its another man who has that right... Again blessed with you and many years to add to his already legendary status in Sammarinese football its San Marino playmaker Pierluigi Ferrari who is the only player from the national team who features reguarly for the Serie A Champions. A truely gifted creative midfielder.

pierluigiferrari2021.jpg

Stefanelli - Limited footballer but has had a reasonably successful international career. Has scored 10 times in 54 caps. The nations second top scorer of all time. Currently unattached.

Vitaioli - Former San Marino footballer, 88 caps for his country. Poor player tbh.

Roberto Renzi - Despite lacking the god given talent of Ferrari, it is Renzi who is the greatest legend of the pair. At just 20 he has bagged 31 goals in 40 caps. Phenomenal record and has 12 years left at least in international football.

renzi2021.jpg

thx lads. Its kind of a matter of not getting bored with the club before I achieve the international success which is going to take awhile to be honest, I still can't see us even qualifying for a tournie before 2030....

As the next update will show we have no competition in Italy. 33 games into the league season and we're still unbeaten in all competitions. Think its something like 54 games in total. The title wrapped up and we're through to face Barca in the champs league semi's and Lazio in the Coppa Italia final (despite not really trying to win it). Even if we don't win CL its pretty much inevitable its coming soon. Getting through the club stuff is starting to get kind of tedious as its starting to feel like managing Barca or United just with less money and playing on a sunday league pitch. My refusal to pay over £25k wages for anyone and arguing with the 3 time in a row world player of the year (£34m valued) Selaci (who has scored something like 160 goals in 130 games) that i'm not increasing his £9k wages until he proves hes deserves a new contract, is whats keeping me sane.

I think internationally if I keep playing weaker teams and get my ranking up as high as possible I might be able to convince some of my better San Marino/Italy players to pull on the shirt. Atm in my reserves first team I have Gasperoni whose 5 star potential even now that we're one of europes top clubs. 2 defenders of dual nationality and a couple of high potential attacking players all of whom are 2.5*-4* potential for my club who would boost us to a team who could compete with the N.Irelands and Scotlands of this world if they'd only come and play. I'm kind of thinkin about stalling their development so they won't get picked for Italy and come crawling back to us when they hit their mid 20's which could see us qualify in either 2026 or 2028.

Second Half of 20-21 Season

In Italy we were invincible. We didn't lose a single game in Italian Competition easing to the double. Again Selaci showed his class as the world best footballer and we won the league with 6 games to go. We failed again on the big stage although this time we were robbed. In the first leg against Barcelona we had two fair goals chalked off and Selaci missed a penalty, One of Barca's two goals being clearly offside. We lost the first leg 2-1 but if fair was fair we would have taken a 3-1 lead to Camp Nou. The second leg again saw us have another legit goal ruled out (thats 3 in 2 games) and Barca awarded a soft penalty. I'm still upset and I'm suprised I was able to control myself and not get a touchline ban.

endofseason2021fixtures.jpg/

endof2021table.jpg

v>

endof2021italiancup.jpg

champsleagueko2021fix.jpg

Season Round Up 2020-21

Serie A - 1st (Board Expects - Euro Qual)

Italian Cup - Champions (Board Expects - Don't Care)

Top Goalscorer - Selaci - 70

Top Assists - Matos - 22

Top Rating - Selaci - 8.00

Appearances - Mario Oliver - 52

MotM - Selaci - 23

Roberto Renzi - 7 starts, 13 sub, 6 goals, 6 assists - 7.14

Loris Sammaritani - 1 sub - 6.6

Pierluigi Ferrari - 26 starts, 9 sub, 1 goal, 21 assists- 7.25

Federico Gasperoni - 4 starts, 7 sub, 4 goals, 3 assists, 1 motm - 7.15 (currently with Italy u21s)

Giacom Piccinnu - 2 sub - 6.9 (with Italy u19s)

Adrea Albani - 1 sub - 6.7 (with Italy u21s)

Mauro Stranghellini - 3 sub - 6.63

Kevin Giacomi - 3 subs - 6.9

Giuseppe Coppola - 1 sub - 6.9 rating

Paolo Bonfante - 5 starts, 15 sub, 1 goal, 4 assists - 6.78

Giuilio Esposito - 1 sub - 6.9

League Info - Serie A

Champions - San Marino

Champs League - Inter, Brescia

UEFA Cup - Fiorentina, Lazio, Torino

Relegated - Padova, Cesena, Bari

Italian Cup

Champions - San Marino

Runner Up - Lazio

Champions League

Champions - Man United

Runner Up - Barcelona

10 Seasons in the Game World

Well now we've completed ten seasons I decided I'd do a write up to show how the world of football is progressing.

Italian Football

As you've no doubt read the rise of San Marino is the undoubted highlight of Italian football but our 3 league titles in a row is not as impressive as Juventus. The Old Lady have won 4 of the last ten league titles with Inter taking two and Palermo the first club to break the giants dominance taking their solitary title in 2017. The biggest fall has being that of Roma who after struggling for a few seasons fell to Serie B where they finished 7th. AC Milan are another giant who are completely lost struggling in the bottom half of the table and flirting with relegation on a couple of occasions.

In the Italian Cup perhaps the biggest shock in Italian football came in my first season. Gubbio claimed the 2012 Coppa Italia by shocking Juventus while getting relegated to Serie C football. The last four have all come to the Olimpico while Parma, Fiorentina, Inter, Udinese and Sampdoria have all taken one each.

In Europe Italian clubs have struggled not reaching a single Champions League Final in a competition dominated by England and Spain. Juventus and Inter have both made a Europa League Finals but both have being defeated.

The most valuable player in Serie A is without doubt San Marino's greek international forward Ervis Selaci at £34m. The goal machine has won back to back World Golden Ball Awards, back to back World Player of the Year Awards. Next to him is Fiorentina striker Rodrigo while the most valuable Italian player in the league is Inter midfielder Fabrice Konate who they signed from the Titani

English Football

English football has being all about one side and one side only, Manchester United. United have won no less than 7 premiership titles, with Chelsea taking 3. No one else has got a look in and bar one season the pair have shared the top two places every season. United to their credit have won 4 of the last 10 Champions League titles, including the last 2. United remain an absolute juggernaut in World Football and the team to beat.

England can look back on three Europa wins, 2 for Liverpool and 1 for Arsenal. They've also offered six beaten finalists Liverpool and Arsenal both failing twice along with a defeat each for Chelsea and Spurs.

Unsuprisingly Manchester United have 10 of the 12 most valuable players playing their trade in England. Arsenal offering the other two. Abdelkader Yahiaoui being their most valuable at £44.5m. They also have the most valuable English player in Pat Boyd whose valued at £28.5m.

Spanish Football

No prizes for guessing whats going on here. The 10 titles have being shared by the big two. 6 of which went to Barcelona and 4 to Real Madrid. To their credit Valencia have come third every single season but never quite split the big two.

Real have appeared in 4 champions League Finals of which they've won two, while Barcelona have appeared in 3 of which their only defeat came to United this season. Valenica too have being in European Footballs showpiece event being gunned down by United in 2012.

Its a simular story in the Europa League with wins for Barcelona and At Madrid. Sevilla have being defeated in one final.

Barcelona can lay claim to the most valuable players in a list dominated by players from the biggest rivalry in world football. Lenny Nangis weighing in at the top. Again is Barca who pip Madrid with Thiago being La Liga's most valuable Spanish player.

Season 21-22 PreSeason

Club - San Marino

Media Prediction - 3rd

Board Requirements - Euro Cup

Reputation - Continental (Up from National.)

Youth Facilities - Good

Junior Coaching - Exceptional

Youth Recruitment - Above Average

Club Value - £161m (+£46m)

Stadium - 18590 New San Marino Stadium (Up by11,840 fom the Olimpico)

Season Ticket Holders - 5928 (up 2115)

Manager Info

Reputation - World Class

Wage - £35,500 (up 5k)

So the new season started with a bang. Move to a new stadium, £40m transfer kitty it all looked good.... but all of a sudden there was serious turbulence within the club. A consortium led by a former footballer wanted to buy the club and we were put under an embargo. Than 2 days later worse news!!! if they were successful, I would be getting replaced by Ciriaco Sforza.... Really? That clown taking my job.... but I was worried... to fail the challenge because of the new owners incompetence would really p**s me off.

With Selaci unwilling to discuss a new contract it looked likely he would be off, despite his £34m valuation he had a release clause for £4.5m. The player though loves the club and wanted to stay so didn't move. His agent is a pure dick though and made life really hard for me.

We did though see a few players move on... first of all there was a few striker moving on Henrique after returning from loan from Brescia made the move to AC Milan for £1.4m and another striker David Ramirez joined Valencia for £3.5. Left back and vice captain Lucio went on loan to Inter for £850k, with his place in the team gone he wanted to try and play first team football. Second choice keeper Messina left on a free. The last two out the door were first right back Youds who returned to England with West Ham picking his up for £1m and than Brescia came in with a big money offer for Ajanovic the deal at £9.5m with another 500k to come depending on goals being a club record.

With the good news of the takeover collapsing and my job safe I set about bringing in replacements. First in was young french striker Polomat from NEC for £3.9m. Like for like with Ramirez only slightly quicker. Next in was 6.5m keeper Garces, who though not quite as good as Oliver would be good backup and would player if Oliver kept refusing his new contract. Next was Lucio replacement, Clemente cost £10.75m from Real Madrid. He was equally adept at playing centre back which was nice but mainly would play as a defensive fullback ahead of Andrade when we travelled to top level opposition.

A replacement for Ajanovic was next Mapunda arriving from Ajax for £3.3m and £9m right back Dennis Haas arrived from Twente to compete with Rivera for a starting berth.

In the Champions League were were seeded second and drawn with Porto, Celtic and Partizan. Not too bad, we should cruise by Celtic and Partizan, Porto will be a tougher nut to crack constantly being at the business end for the last ten years.

Christmas 2021 Update

We eased to another Super Cup win against Lazio and started well so Serie A is going as planned. A small a blip in our last game before the break at Fiorentina which ended our 55 game unbeaten run in Serie A which is 3 short of Milans 58. Time to start again. Inter and Juve are doing brilliantly to be on our tails at the Christmas break and Brescia have only just fallen away.

christmas2021table.jpg

We lost our only game at Porto 2-1 but eased to top the group. 8-0 win over Celtic being the highlight with Dinho netting 7 goals. We will play Valencia in the first knockout round.

christmas2021cltable.jpg

Its Dinho who leads our scoring charts with 36 goals in all competitions while Selaci follows on 22. The striker will not be adding to that as Brescia have snapped him up for a paltry £4.1m after hitting his release clause. Still for £500k and £9k per week the striker has scored no less than 161 league goals in 132 appearances, bowing out with a hattrick against Chievo. so it is with a heavy heart that I say goodbye to the best player in the game world. To lose a club legend and my favourite player so cheaply hurts and his agent is still a c**t though.... Megarich Brescia now have two strikers from my invincibles squad.

Ervis Selaci

ervbyeatt.jpg

selaccareerstats.jpg

awardsy.jpg

International Season 2021

So another fine season despite only taking one point in qualifying. We did well and rose to 135th in the FIFA World Rankings. Closing in on SM's all time high of 113th. As always its all about Renzi and Ferrari who single handedly carry the nation all the time. An injury to either and we'd plummet right back down the rankings.

sanmarino2021results.jpg

2022wcqualifyingtable.jpg

nationaloverview2021.jpg

So onwards and upwards. Heres hoping for a good youth crop coming through.

End of Season Round Up 2021-22

Serie A - 1st (Board Expects - Euro Qual)

So we made it 4 in a row despite a terrilbe christmas and new year. We were plagued with injuries for the second half of the season. Losing Matos for 4 months, Gasperoni for 7, Sannerund for 3, Zimmerman for 4 and lots of two to 3 weekers. Dinho got the goals and just about everything picking up where Selaci left off.

endof2122seasonresults.jpg

endof2122season.jpg

Italian Cup - Runner Up (Board Expects - Semi's)

We failed to make it 5 in a row as Italys answer to Man City and PSG stunned us in the final. The decisive goal coming from who else but Selaci. Sickener as we bossed the game and got caught on the break.

coppa2122.jpg

Once again the biggest prize was beyond us. We bowed out to eventual champions Lyon. Winning the home leg 2-1 but falling apart in the second half of the return leg as our injury hit squad fell to a 3-0 defeat. Dinho hit an impressive 26 goals in the competition to smash the record.

champsko2122.jpg

Top Goalscorer - Dinho - 77

Top Assists - Dinho - 21

Top Rating - Dinho - 8.19

Appearances - Dinho - 48

MotM - Dinho - 22

I guess its all about Dinho.....

Roberto Renzi - 11 starts, 9 sub, 11 goals, 4 assists, 2 motm - 7.22

Loris Sammaritani - 1 sub - 6.9

Pierluigi Ferrari - 27 starts, 15sub, 1 goal, 21 assists - 7.16

Federico Gasperoni - 7 starts, 5 sub, 4 goals, 2 assists, 1 motm - 7.1 (Italy u21s) currently out for 7 months.

Giacom Piccinnu - 1 start - 5.7 (Italy u21s)

Adrea Albani - 1 start, 1 goal, 1 motm - 8.1 (with Italy u21s)

Kevin Giacomi - 2 starts 3 subs - 6.56

Giuseppe Coppola - 3 starts, 2 sub, 3 goals, 1 motm - 7

Paolo Bonfante - 4 starts, 9 sub - 6.48

Giuilio Esposito - 2 sub - 6.9

Oliver Maestri - 1 start - 5.9

Luciano Greco - 7 sub - 6.67

Gaetano Caselli - 1 start - 6.8

Andrea Felici - 1 start - 4.8 (his only appearance being the 6-3 loss to Inter)

League Info - Serie A

Champions - San Marino

Champs League - Inter, Fiorentina

UEFA Cup - Bresica, Palermo, Torino

Relegated - Napoli, Chievo, Genoa

Italian Cup

Champions - Brescia

Runner Up - San Marino

Champions League

Champions - Lyon

Runner Up - Barcelona

Season 22-23 PreSeason

Club - San Marino

Media Prediction - 3rd

Board Requirements - Title Winners (My decision)

Reputation - Continental

Youth Facilities - Good

Club Value - £179m (+£18m)

Stadium - 18590

Season Ticket Holders - 9747 (up 3819)

Manager Info

Reputation - World Class

Wage - £35,500

----------------------------------------------

So preseason was all about tweaking as opposed to overhauling. Leaving the club in preseason was defenders Lucio (£2.5m - Inter), Rugani (£3.4m) and Rivera (£3m - Pescara). The only other exit was keeper Garces who couldn't settle and joined Brescia (beginning to see a pattern here) for £4.6m, a full £2m less than we had paid only a year ago.

Incoming was fullback Traore from AZ for £2.3m, centrehalf Aguero for £7.5m and keeper Jones arriving from Man United for £6.25m.

In our usual first competitive fixture we took our cup loss out on Brescia hammering them 5-0. So we began the season with season tickets up, and again stronger than the season before so I was hoping this could finally be our year in the Champions League after a draw that saw us face last seasons champions in the Group stages.

champsleaguegroup.jpg

World Cup 2022

So it would be a world cup again without San Marino but also without Italy who are really struggling internationally. The group stages went as expected bar Argentina bombing out at the group stages for the second consecutive time. The group of death saw Holland eliminated too but only just in a tight group with the US and Brazil. England were the only team to take maximum points showing how even the football world had become.

2022wcqgroupac.jpg

2022wcqgroupdef.jpg

2022wcqgroupgh.jpg

The knockouts were again very tight and in the end it was anybodies tournament. England who needed a 90th minute equaliser to stay in the tournament against Russia eventually prevailing in the Mexican heat.

2022wcqko.jpg

England and Man United's Pat Boyd was crowned player of the tournament, Denmark and Hearts Brkovic was young player and Danish striker Jorgensen claimed the Golden Boot with 5 goals.

International Season 2012

Again we made progress but our competitive form took a major dive. We were battered by both Ireland and Slovakia in a group that was very even bar us. We won all our friendlies though and Renzi again led the way. He now sat on an impressive 64 goals from 60 caps. Fantastic. We had a couple of new youths who join the squad this year and they did quite well. Bonfante finally getting a run after impressing and featuring alot for San Marino and two of their u20's being new first teamers. Felici and Greco were both fine players and developing nicely. A new high ranking of 125 makes us the 11th worst team in Europe which keeps a smile on my face but with only 1 friendly lined up in 2023 and alot of competitive games against superior teams, I was expecting a slide for next year.

internationalresults202.jpg

internationalgroup2022.jpg

bonfante2022.jpg

felici.jpg

greco2022.jpg

overview2022.jpg

1st Half of Season 2022-23

Well like most seasons we started well and always seem to dish out a few early season hidings. Goals were shard among my strikers this season as opposed to one player bagging tons. No change in tactics so God knows why... Once again we headed Serie A at the winter break.

202223resultstodec.jpg

endof2022leaguetable.jpg

Progress in the Champions League was smooth. We took a hiding of Lyon in game two but gave them one back in the reverse to top the group. We were drawn to face Schalke in the Last 16, not a bad draw considering the quality left in.

cl2022results.jpg

clgroup2022.jpg

Season Round Up 2022-23

Serie A - Champions (Board Expects - Winner)

So we made it 5 consecutive championships despite a couple of dodgy performances and a mid season plummet in morale. We once led by 14 points than it drifted in to six before we won the title in our 35th game. Dinho led the Serie A scoring charts again with 50. His closest rival was our very own Mick Zimmerman and ex-player Selaci on 21 so it was quite emphatic. Pierluigi Ferrari topped the assists with 21 and became the first San Marino international to top anything ever...

2223secondhalfresults.jpg

endofseason2023.jpg

Italian Cup - Champions (Board Expects - Not Important)

Again we made the final our 6th in a row and we avenged our defeat to Brescia last season beating them in a tense final. Dinho hitting an 84th minute winner. Our 5th Coppa and our 2nd without trying.

2223cup.jpg

What can I say the same old story, except this time we were well beat in the semi's. Madrid beat us 2-0 at their place and after Sannerud's red card at home, they scored first meaning our ten men needed 4. We did hit three but one was wrongly disallowed and we slumped out in the semi's yet again. Frustrating.....

2223clknockoutresults.jpg

clkochart.jpg

Player Info

Top Goalscorer - Dinho - 57

Top Assists - Pierluigi Ferrari - 26

Top Rating - Dinho - 8.16

Appearances - Pierluigi Ferrari - 42 (4)

MotM - Dinho - 13

Sammarinese Players at Club (only those who played at least 1 senior game)

Roberto Renzi - 9 (9), 5 goals, 8 assists - 7.16

Pierluigi Ferrari - 42 (4), 10 goal, 26 assists, 2 Motm - 7.58

Federico Gasperoni - 8 (7) , 5 goals, 4 assists - 7.23 (Italy u21s)

Giacomi Piccinnu - 1 start - 6.7 (Italy u21s)

Adrea Albani - 0 (1) - 6.9 (with Italy u21s)

Kevin Giacomi - 1 (2) - 6.77

Giuseppe Coppola - 0 (1) - 6.9

Paolo Bonfante - 5 (9), 4 assists - 7.04

Oliver Maestri - 1 start - 5.9

Luciano Greco - 4 (4), 1 assist - 6.76

Gaetano Caselli - 0 (1) - 6.9

Andrea Felici - 2 - 6.53

Federico Di Matteo - 0 (1) - 6.9

Francesco Benedettini - 0 (6), 2 assists - 6.7

Gabrielle Biachini - 0 (1) - 6.9

Agostino Morello - 2 (1) - 6.53

Maurizio Borrelli - 1 - 5.2

Season 23-24 PreSeason

Club - San Marino

Media Prediction - 3rd

Board Requirements - Title Winners

Reputation - Continental

Youth Facilities - State of the Art

Club Value - £172m (+£11m)

Stadium - 25934 (+7334)

Season Ticket Holders - 13261 (+3514)

Manager Info

Reputation - World Class

Wage - £35,500

I really want the Champions League so I set about making it happen. Armed with £65m I went about buying half the England team who had won the World Cup.

Incoming was rb, Roland Hatton for £9.75m (Wolves), midfielders Tompkins £10.75m, Oakley £15m (both Norwich) and striker Thorpe for £13m (Sunderland). Spending a cool £48.5m. It would be Champions League or bust for the club this season...

Leaving the club for Pescara (who were now owned by a Tycoon as well as Brescia) was fullback Andrade (£7.25m), centre backs Zamani (£5.5m) and Di Micheli (loan £625k). Manhique joined Almeria for £3.6m and Ashley Spall returned to England (Everton - £4m). So a combined £17m or so. Not near enought to put us in the black anyway...

Another Super Cup was claimed as we eased past 10 man Brescia and friendly results were good, so once again I set off in search of the UEFA Champions League title that stands between me and finishing the club stage of the challenge.

2324supercupchamps.jpg

And despite being seeded in Pot 1 we still got a tough group. Last years beaten finalists and the team that knocked us out Real Madrid were the Pot2 team with Zenit arriving from Pot3 and finally Rapid Wien being the expected group whipping boys.

clgroup2324.jpg

Jonas - Big time, I think i have alot of players who are really good but have low importnat match attribs, although I can't be sure, its the way we tend to just crumble from good positions. Hopefully my mega spending is going to pay off this year though. All those English players won the WC so they must have some bottle. We just slaughtered Madrid twice in the group stages so heres hoping...

MelikeFM - Yeah, i play 433 with all my teams, although with San Marino I use a much more defensive set up. All my team are probably 5-6 notches lower in mentality than for the club and when I play friendlies against equal nations. Hence why Renzi is a goal machine in friendlies and struggles as he's isolated a bit in the competitive oness. Probably a bit mad playing 433 all the time but i'd rather lose 7-1 than 4-0 and we've slowly being tightening up. Our goals conceded has bein dropping per competition and now we're under 40 haha. Plus the best XI I'm tryin to develop features 3 strikers who are very good compared to the rest of the squad. On the down side though my best youth striker just got capped for Italy's full team which is a kick in the teeth so I may change next season.

International Season 2023

Well it was a decent season despite being poor in Qualification. 5 wins and 6 losses but the Friendly wins came against teams ranked between 101 and 150 as I tried to step up our hunt for points. A couple of decent performances in Qualification and we probably deserved a point on a few occasions but it wasn't too be. Losing Ferrari and Renzi for the last couple really hurt us and we took a pair of hidings. The 6-0 in Slovenia particulary annoying as we should have beat them at the San Marino Stadium. Our lowest Ranking for awhile though. Hoping for a better year.

euro22qualfinalgroutabl.jpg

2023overview.jpg

First Half of 2023-24

Well what can I say, I spent big and well we were rewarded. We won every competitive game so far this season. Didn't drop a single point and we are awesome both in attack and defence (only conceding 1 goal in 15 matches). Thorpe and Dinho were doing the damage with our new look team featuring 5 England internationals just destroying teams to open up a 12 point lead. Its unlikely we'll finish with a perfect record but this sure does make impressive reading so far...

firsthalfof2324results.jpg

firsthalfof2324table.jpg

So on to Jose's superstars in the Champions League. We didn't defend quite as well here but managed to band in 31 goals in our 6 games. A 9-0 win away at Zenit by our B-Team with Thorpe up front being the highlight, well along with mauling Madrid twice....

2324clgroupresults.jpg

2324clgrouptable.jpg

So including the Super Cup we have now won 22 straight competitive matches this season....

Season Round Up 2023-24

Serie A - Champions (Board Expects - Winner)

Well we didn't get the 100%. We dropped points for the first time and the only time while the title race was alive at Brescia. Ex player Selaci doing the damage. His brace earning Brescia a point against us. The only other points we dropped were at home to Milan on the final day of the season. A makeshift team struggling to earn a point against a revived Milan which can only be good for Serie A. Thorpe did the damage netting 58 league goals, Dinho adding an impressive 31.

seriearesults2324end.jpg

seriealeaguetable2324.jpg

It was more of the same in the Cup, we won again with what was essentially a B team bar the final, as we were unbeaten on Italian soil. Polomat led the way with an impressive 6 goals from 4 starts.

coppa2324.jpg

Champions League - Champions (Board Expects - Last 16)

Finally!!!! European glory was achieved. We demolished everyone and won every single game. Along the way we did the double over Madrid in the groups, Bayern in the last 16, Barca in the last 8 and Man United in the semi's before just edging City after extra time in a tough final. So we had played 9 games against europes top 5 teams this term and won them all. No one could say we got a soft draw thats for sure. Thorpe again the club hero weighing in with an incredible 29 goals (the last one being the 95th minute decider against City) to knick Dinho's record.

champskoresults2324.jpg

clkochart2324.jpg

Player Stats

Top Goalscorer - Adam Thope - 91 (How do you like them apples Mr. Messi..)

Top Assists - Pierluigi Ferrari - 23

Top Rating - Adam Thorpe - 8.80

Appearances - Gabor Preklet - 49

MotM - Adam Thorpe - 24

Sammarinese Players to feature at Club[/b][/u]
[b]Roberto Renzi         [/b]- 1  (7), 1 goals, 2 assists - 6.9
[b]Pierluigi Ferrari     [/b]- 25 (3), 2 goal, 23 assists, 2 Motm - 7.81
[b]Federico Gasperoni    [/b]- 8  (7) , 5 goals, 4 assists - 7.23 (Now an Italy International will be removed next season) 
[b]Giacom Piccinnu[/b]       - 1  (1) - 7.3 (Italy u21s)
[b]Adrea Albani    [/b]      - 1  (2) - 7.2(with Italy u21s)
[b]Kevin Giacomi  [/b]       - 0  (6) - 6.77
[b]Paolo Bonfante[/b]        - 3  (10), 5 goals, 1 assists - 7.22
[b]Luciano Greco[/b]         - 7  (8), 1 assist - 7.15
[b]Andrea Felici[/b]         - 4  (4) - 6.85
[b]Francesco Benedettini[/b] - 0  (3), 1 assists - 6.6
[b]Agostino Morello[/b]      - 1  (10) - 6.82

So we had went 57 games unbeaten this season and of those 57 we had won 55. Seriously nice way to complete the club part of the San Marino challenge. Onwards and upwards. We had got a few decent prospects too who would hopefully improve the national team but everyone of them rejected the call up, which is strange as most all of them will never get a look in for Italy....

Season 24-25 PreSeason

Club - San Marino

Media Prediction - 2nd

Board Requirements - Title Challenge

Reputation - Continental

Club Value - £283m (+£111m)

Stadium - 37180 (+11246)

Season Ticket Holders - 14788 (+1527)

Manager Info

Reputation - World Class

Wage - £35,500

The Transition.

Some would say what we are about to do is brave, others would say its stupid. I would say it will stop me getting bored with the current game. So my new policy was to begin coming in to force. Italian and Sammarinese players only and eventually Sammarinese only. But I wouldn't be rushing it and offering players out on the cheap. What would be happening is a slow transition where players would only leave for their value or if their current value was below what I paid, they would only leave for what I spent. I'm not here to be mugged after all. Still I had a feeling we'd be losing some serious quality this season.

Transfers

First out the door was one of the english players who made our success achievable and probably the best right back in the world. Man City shelling out £12.25m for Hatton, the offer was over his current value so it was accepted. City again swooped for another of our superstars, taking goalkeeper English International keeper Oliver from us for £26m and it was the same club who took our starting left back Traore for £10.25m. Midfielder Roberto Matos made the move to Brescia for another £12.25m on the same day Mick Zimmerman moved to Inter for £16m. Another striker Wilfredo Polomat joined Arsenal for £9.5m as our change in policy seemed to annoy our support. Brescia were in again for defensive midfielder Job, Malpunda joined Fiorentina and the best centre half in world football Gabor Preklet left for Lyon. Last to go was midfielder Emilio who left for PSG for £11m.

Italian keeper Mosca was the first arrival costing £12.75m from Brescia, than defenders Motta from Southampton (£6m) and Marozzi (Fiorentina - £1.5m). Promoted form the reserves and U20 squad were, Greco as cover for Left Back, Morello and Renzi up front.

transferactivity.jpg

First Matches

In the curtain raiser we edged the super cup 2-1 over Lazio as we began to find our feet in pre-season and our last pre-season game would be an injury time defeat to Arsenal in the European Super Cup final. Our first competitive defeat for 57 games.

italiansupercup.jpg

eurosupercupfinal.jpg

International Season 2024

What a season we had at international level... as we fired ourselves into the worlds top 100 for the first time in the nations history. A superb season and probably my most enjoyable ever in the length i've being playing FM (and previously CM).

rankinghigh.jpg

noverview2024.jpg

World Cup Qualifiers

Do we really dear to dream? We were totally outclassed by Belgium in round 1 but could and should have beaten Denmark had it not being for some silly defending. We than bounced back in style thrashing Moldova and earning a shock 94th minute win in a thriller against Northern Ireland. Robbie Renzi hitting 9 goals in 4 Qualifying games. The striker now sits on 93 international goals.... An absolute hero..

modvsanmarino2024.jpg

smvni2024.jpg

wordcupqualgroup4dec202.jpg

First Half of Season 2024-25.

Serie A

Unbeaten again at the turn which stretches our league record to 55 games once again. 3 shy of Milans record, can we break it this season? 4 points dropped and we're coasting to another Serie A title by the looks of things.

christmas2024seriearesu.jpg

christmas2024leaguetabl.jpg

Champions League

As expected and as the top seeds we eased through our group to earn a last 16 tie with Arsenal who had denied us our European Super Cup. 6 wins, averaging 4 goals a game and only conceding twice was pretty impressive though.

2024clgroupresults.jpg

clgroup2024.jpg

Club World Cup

Again as pretty much expected we coasted to the trophy and earned the title of world champions for the first time. We didn't finish as well as I'd have like in the semi's but were much more ruthless in the final. An easy trophy but a new trophy.

2024clubworldcup.jpg

Second Half of Season 2024-25

Serie A - Champions (Board Expects -Title Challenge)

Well despite letting half our side go and losing our two world class midfielders for 3 months at the same time, we strolled to Serie A. We did lose a game to Inter after smashing Milans record but it was in the middle of our most important part of the season, the title was well in the bag and we were crippled by injury so I wasn't all that bothered. Adam Thorpe weighed in with a meagre 70 league goals (no thats not a mistype), while Dinho 21 and Sannerud 20 all did quite well for wide forwards.

serie252ndhalfresults.jpg

2025finalleaguetable.jpg

For the most part it was a stroll but the final with Juve was an absolute stormer. We were ravaged by injury but fielded the strongest team available to us.

coppa25final.jpg

copparesults25.jpg

coppa25chart.jpg

Champions League - Champions (Board Expects - Last 16)

Well we did taste defeat during the knockouts and a depleted team barely scraped through the second leg of the semi's in Lazio but we edged through with a strong final 15 minutes. A Champions League miracle happened in the final, we were missing our best CB Aguero and our two English midfielder wonders Oakley and Tompkins. Interestingly three San Marino internationals played in the final. Renzi coming on to score the winner in the 92nd minute.

champsfinal25.jpg

cl25results.jpg

champskochart25.jpg

quadruple.jpg

Club World Cup - Champions (Board Expects - Champions)

See the first half of the season post*

Top Goalscorer - Adam Thope - 110 (thats 201 in 2 seasons, he's a bit good this lad)

notabadlad.jpg

Top Assists - Pierluigi Ferrari - 39

Top Rating - Adam Thorpe - 8.68

Appearances - Adam Thorpe - 54 (1)

MotM - Adam Thorpe - 31

Sammarinese International Players to feature at Club

1. Roberto Renzi - 22 (20), 11 goals, 9 assists, 4 motm - 7.17 (Also got the winner in the CL final)
  2. Pierluigi Ferrari - 46 (2), 6 goal, 39 assists, 1 Motm - 7.66 (Probably the best CM in the world)
  3. Paolo Bonfante - 18 (21), 3 goals, 18 assists, 2 motm - 7.15 (Now a good standard Serie A player)
  4. Agostino Morello - 15 (23), 8 goals, 12 assists, 1 motm - 7.18
  5. Andrea Felici - 11 (6), 1 assist - 7.24
  6. Luciano Greco - 9 (17), 3 assist - 6.95

Bit part players who featured in less than 3 games included Giacomi, Bellini, Coppola, and Benedettini.

Dual Nationaly Players to feature at the Club

1. Giacom Piccinnu - 4 (10) - 6.71 (Italy u21)
  2. Adrea Albani - 1 (3) - 7.2 (Italy u21s)

Dual Nationality players who are still eligible for San Marino to feature in less than 3 games are Angelo Rosini and Michael Mayer.

Season 25-26 PreSeason

Club - San Marino

Media Prediction - 2nd

Board Requirements - Title Challenge

Reputation - Continental

Youth Recruitment - Established (Up from Above Average finally!!)

Club Value - £344m (+£67m)

Stadium - 37180

Season Ticket Holders - 15269 (up 418)

Manager Info

Reputation - World Class

Wage - £51,000 (up £15,500)

Not a huge amount going on this pre-season. Italian centre back De Michili would be leaving on a Bosman which would slightly interfere with my plans but I felt Sammarinese centre back Felici would be capable of making the step up to replace him, so it wouldn't be too severe on the club. Whether I had to spend money would depend on exactly which of the first XI moved on. A couple of San Marino internationals were loanded out to Southampton for the season. No new faces arrived.

We beat Juve 3-0 in our first competitive game to win a record 8th Super Cup and followed that with a 3-1 win over Man City to claim our first Euro Super Cup. So a good start to the season.

International Season 2025

Heartbreak. We did everything we possibly could but of the 9 second places we were the ones who would miss out on the playoffs due to a poor start but all in all, another brilliant season for us at international level. We fired ourselves into the worlds top 50 and finished the season bang on 50th but peaked at 47th. Only blemish was a hiding off Denmark in the qualifiers.

Things are looking really good for us next season. Also congrats to Robbie Renzi who at only 25 and with only 85 caps has scored 107 goals. Congrats again Robbie. Other good news is the addition of Piccinniu who finally accepted a call up after being overlooked by Italy (who we are now only 10 places behind in the world rankings.

robbietherecord.jpg

wcqualplayerstats.jpg

picciniu.jpg

2025intresults.jpg

wcqualgrouptable.jpg

overview2025.jpg

Season Round Up 2025-26

Serie A - Champions (Board Expects - Title Challenge)

Invincibles again, easy title although Inter were unbeaten till we beat them to all but seal the title. Dinho earned his 3rd Serie A Golden Boot.

2026firsthalfresults.jpg

2026secondhalfresults.jpg

2026finalleaguetable.jpg

Italian Cup - Champions (Board Expects - Not Important

Another great final and another Coppa for us. Good season and domestic double. Dinho again top scored.

2026coppa.jpg

Champions League - Semi Finalist (Board Expects - Last 8)

We threw it away, led 4-3 after our trip to Munich and capitualted after going a goal up at San Marino Stadium. Sannerud was our top scorer in the CL.

2026clgroup.jpg

2026champslg.jpg

Club World Cup - Champions (Board Expects - Champions)

A stroll to be honest. Not alot can be said.

2026worldclubchamp.jpg

Euro Super Cup - Champions (Board Expects - Learn from Experience)

Italian Super Cup - Champions (Boards Expects - Not Important)

Two soft trophies so I wasn't complaining.

Top Goalscorer - Dinho - 65 (Sannerud (35), Thorpe (34) and Renzi (26) all broke 25)

Top Assists - Sannerud - 29 (Ferrari 24, Dinho 22, Tompkins 21)

Top Rating - Dinho - 8.16

Appearances - Pedro - 53

MotM - Dinho - 17

Sammarinese International Players to feature at Club

1. Roberto Renzi - 20 (26), 26 goals, 15 assists, 6 motm - 7.52
  2. Pierluigi Ferrari - 47, 13 goal, 24 assists, 2 Motm - 7.55
  3. Paolo Bonfante - 13 (31), 4 goals, 7 assists, 1 motm - 6.95
  4. Agostino Morello - 22 (11), 14 goals, 12 assists, 3 motm - 7.46
  5. Andrea Felici - 24 (8)- 7.8
  6. Luciano Greco - 10 (14), 2 assist - 7.12
  7. Giacomo Piccinnu - 7 (14), 1 goal, 1 assist - 7.14

Bit part players who featured in less than 3 games are Mayr and D'Orazio

Dual Nationaly Players to feature at the Club

Adrea Albani - 0 (2) - 6.6

Making the domestic game look easy now, and if you can keep bringing the locals through you'll be at the World Cup with the national team before too long. A great save, keep up the good work!

Thanks dude. Trying to phase in an Italy/San Marino policy so the club game should get more interesting again.

Season 26-27 PreSeason

Club - San Marino

Media Prediction - 2nd

Board Requirements - Winner

Reputation - Continental

Training Facilities - State of the Art

Youth Recruitment - Well Established

Club Value - £374m (+£30m)

Stadium - 37180

Season Ticket Holders - 15564 (up 295)

Manager Info

Reputation - World Class

Wage - £51,000

Pre-Season saw Englands finest come knocking on our door numerous times. Chelsea snapped up both first team stars Hugo Aguero for £10m and George Tompkins for £21m. The next one to go caused uproar at the Club. Dinho left for Manchester City for £38.5m which could rise to £45 depending on his success there. Keeper Kyle Jones left for Pescara for £7.5m in a deal that was much less dramatic. Than Manchester City bought the second half of the best strike force in world football, snapping up Adam Thorpe for £30m.

Italian international Paolo Ferrigno arrived from Milan for £15.5m as a ready made replacement for Tompkins. Next up was Aston Villa's Di Salvia for £5.5m to replace Aguero and striker Mangirotti arrived from Livorno for £10.5m and Portos youngster Carlo La Torre for £3m to replace Dinho and Thorpe.

World Cup 2026 - Mexico

Group Stages

A host of shocks in the group stages but most notably it was Panama beating Brazil that was the biggest as it eliminated the Brailians from the tournament. Spain and the US crashed out of the group of death and South Americas other giant was the next big gun to fall.

2026worldcupgpabcd.jpg

2026worldcupgpefgh.jpg

Knockouts

The knockout stage was again littered with shocks and featured probably the strangest final in world cup history.

2026worldcupko.jpg

International Season 2026

We decided to push ourselves a tad in 2026 so friendly results weren't as good as the last couple of years. Still we did ok, our only losses being against the might Germany in a 3-2 classic and to World Cup runners up Saudi Arabia again by a single goal. A couple of draws against simular ranked teams did us no real favours though and despite peaking at 47th we ended the season in 54th position in the FIFA rankings. We are still incredibly weak in defence and I can only hope to get a couple of defenders in my youth intake this season.

intseason2026results.jpg

endof2026eurocupqualtab.jpg

overviewint2026.jpg

Being Irish it brought a smile to my face too. The way the game has gone pretty much any team can win any international tournie although England are certainly the best side in the world. Denmark are 3rd and there's no south american team in the top 13 despite the fact only two of the Danish squad would get near the Brazilian one.

Archived