Why are stats so low in cypriot leagues?

APOEL's success last year reaching the quarter finals made a huge impact on cyprus football. I watch every match in the league and in europe from all cypriot clubs and discovered that the attributes just don't reflect the players. All the teams in Cyprus are so underrated.In my game this teams cant even reach the 3rd qualification round in europe. I hoped that this year after apoel's success would change the way that si sees cypriot football.But nothing changed. This stats are so low that are good for b' division i would say.Every year I need to buy fmrte to fix the stats!!!!! Also why do teams buy so bad players who are not bad for Uganda league???? Does that has to do with the reputation of the division which is also underrated. I think it should be close to the greeksupeleague!!!! I am tired of this situation, this attributes are just not real for some players and clubs cant reach the group stage(how even the quarter finals)!!!!!!!!!!you underestimate cyprus football manager!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Firstly this is the wrong place to discuss this.

Secondly it is very much the case that APOEL wonderfully overachieved with an average squad. Their results were incredible, but it doesn't make their individual players necessarily deserving of higher stats. If APOEL continue to achieve as they did last year, then SI's researchers (note: not SI), could look at their judgments. The success of APOEL quite rightly didn't have any impact on the stats of players at other cypriot teams

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Cup_and_UEFA_Champions_League_records_and_statistics#Number_of_participating_clubs_of_the_Champions_League_era

Not to let facts get in the way of a good story, but their record speaks for itself. Only two teams have ever made it to the group stage and for a total of three appearances. And last year's team was the first to ever make it out.

Herbert has it right: just because one team played out of their mind for a few key games says nothing about an inherent ability increase in that one squad, let alone an entire league.

The attributes that are given for players are usually set by that country's reserach team and are, of course, subject to opinion. I would agree with Herbert that a good run in one major competition for one team would not have a major impact on player attributes throughout the league. If , however, you feel this should be brought up then please do it in the relevant thread in the Data Issses forum, but please read the posting guidelines and be sure to back up your comments with evidence.

Archived