Gareth Bale in 2017...

I see only a 4 months big injury (from 2013, game start). It would be nice to see what other players with similar injury history has done.

Could this underachieved Bale regain his attributes if the team played him again?

Is the game taking care of his major previous injuries?

Thank you dazenners for your contribute!

I can understand players losing some physical stats from an injury but not mental stats.

And how is their value still so high? Something odd going on here for Hulk to have not played any games for 4 years and to deterioate like that, same with Bale.

Everything what's happening is just player losing CA during long term injury. Losing CA affect all of his stats. The player's value remains the same, because of his high reputation.

Everything what's happening is just player losing CA during long term injury. Losing CA affect all of his stats. The player's value remains the same, because of his high reputation.

He's not had a long term injury though see the above screenshots.

A torn calf musle is his worst in game injury and he was out for 4 months. There is no way an injury like that would lead to such a dramatic attribute loss. The hulk example is also not injury related.

There are several issues here:-

- AI squad management has gone wrong to allow to top level players to not play for 4 years.

- Player unhappiness and then agitating for a move is not working, a player like Bale or Hulk would not be happy to not make a single first team appearance for a season, let alone 4 years. By this sort of time they should be asking for mutual terminations or agreeing moves to much lower reputation clubs.

- AI selling/buying is off here as well, those players should have been transfer listed and other AI clubs should have bought talented players like that with the players accepting wage cuts.

I see only a 4 months big injury (from 2013, game start)
He's not had a long term injury though see the above screenshots.

A torn calf musle is his worst in game injury and he was out for 4 months

What year are we in? is 9.12.12 not in-game? Surely it is? Im confused now. In the pics I see 5 months out with a leg-break in-game, but could be missing something

The last few FMs have always considered leg-breaks career-enders. This needs to be addressed, at least so it only ends some careers, I am pretty sure Henrik Larsson would have issue with the blanket rule.

However, the fact he broke his leg doesn't stop all of tajjuk's other points being spot on

What year are we in? is 9.12.12 not in-game? Surely it is? Im confused now. In the pics I see 5 months out with a leg-break in-game, but could be missing something

The last few FMs have always considered leg-breaks career-enders. This needs to be addressed, at least so it only ends some careers, I am pretty sure Henrik Larsson would have issue with the blanket rule.

However, the fact he broke his leg doesn't stop all of tajjuk's other points being spot on

He was talking about the other screenshot, 2 has been posted from 2 different games where bale stopped getting any play.

In this one posted by PalmerEldritch he stops getting any play for 4 years after his last injury which certainly wouldn't drop his ca low enough for him to be useless when he recovered from it.

garethbalehistoryinjuri.png

In the other screenshot posted by dazenners he got injured a bit more but I dont think that justify his benching the whole time.

garethbalehistoryinjuri.png

He was talking about the other screenshot, 2 has been posted from 2 different games where bale stopped getting any play.

In this one posted by PalmerEldritch he stops getting any play for 4 years after his last injury which certainly wouldn't drop his ca low enough for him to be useless when he recovered from it.

In the other screenshot posted by dazenners he got injured a bit more but I dont think that justify his benching the whole time.

Well both people I replied to mentioned 4 month injuries which related to Dazenners post that included 5 month leg break. PalmerEldritch has no 4 month injury.

But still, I agree fully there seems to be no good reason for what happened in either case, and as stated before I agreed with tajjuk's comments

Have any of you checked the formations used by the teams? Maybe the seasonal best eleven would show it.

I'm wondering whether Bale's problem is that the manager switched to a narrow formation, which didn't have space for a wide midfielder, and the game just looked at his CA when deciding whether to sell or keep him.

Well both people I replied to mentioned 4 month injuries which related to Dazenners post that included 5 month leg break. PalmerEldritch has no 4 month injury.

Correct reply. But after the broken leg he came back and played well. Very well, look at 2012-2013 stats.

I think they just shouldn't make Ca drop too much for benched players as long as they haven't reached an old age or are injured, since the players are still training after all. And the higher the reputation the more demanding a player should be about first team play as to make them less likely to be benched like that.

Archived