Anyone having trouble beating bottom teams?

Im managing QPR in my second season and we are quite strong, we finished 6th last season.

Im more confident in playing bigger team like Chelsea, Arsenal, Manchester clubs, Liverpool but when it comes to bottom teams or bottom half at least, im getting nervous 'coz they can rattle my net at any time doesn't matter who's the striker! SO unrealistic... (David N'gog scored a hattrick against me... What? :rolleyes:)

and I hate how consistent I conceded a goal from opponent's cross, can't do nothing about it, my 2 CB's are good in marking player and dealing with aerial threat :\ (most of the time they just stood there doing nothing)

Btw check out this goal bug that cost me some crucial points :(

[video=youtube;9key8lgg74A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9key8lgg74A

In BSP I used the same tactic home and away. In L2 I have had some problems away with my normal tactic, especially against the bottom 6-7 teams. I then swapped to my ultradefensive 4-1-4-1 tactic and beat them easily.

So now, whenever I see that I am favourites away vs a team struggling with form, injuries, bad morale and lack of player quality, I just go into the game with the most destructive tactic I have managed to make yet and it works wonders both defensively (of course) and offensively. You know those easy one-on-ones the weaker opponents get when they encounter your super-team and go all-out-defense? I get those instead ;)

... the only problem is that sometimes they manage to draw me out of my defensive shape and hit a through-ball into the 40-meter space behind my defensive line. Very annoying, but better than being humiliated 5-0.

just beat Leeds with blackpool 5-1, so no :p

seriously

I just dont know, was rattling off 3-0 wins, against lower clubs, struggled against southamton (why tactics decided to not work until 76 minutes...) norwich away 1-1, then drew with Everton by same score, so perhaps just one of those things.

but then it is the players can't be bothered sort of thing.

In BSP I used the same tactic home and away. In L2 I have had some problems away with my normal tactic, especially against the bottom 6-7 teams. I then swapped to my ultradefensive 4-1-4-1 tactic and beat them easily.

So now, whenever I see that I am favourites away vs a team struggling with form, injuries, bad morale and lack of player quality, I just go into the game with the most destructive tactic I have managed to make yet and it works wonders both defensively (of course) and offensively. You know those easy one-on-ones the weaker opponents get when they encounter your super-team and go all-out-defense? I get those instead ;)

... the only problem is that sometimes they manage to draw me out of my defensive shape and hit a through-ball into the 40-meter space behind my defensive line. Very annoying, but better than being humiliated 5-0.

thanks for your input, i will try those and yeah they play GOOD attacking pass and move football! I get it if they are team like Swansea but a newly promoted Watford and Northingham Forest???

come on!

just beat Leeds with blackpool 5-1, so no :p

seriously

I just dont know, was rattling off 3-0 wins, against lower clubs, struggled against southamton (why tactics decided to not work until 76 minutes...) norwich away 1-1, then drew with Everton by same score, so perhaps just one of those things.

but then it is the players can't be bothered sort of thing.

the funny thing is when I told them not to get complacent (spelling check) most of them are angered/confused and switch off when we were 1-0 up.

Sometimes it best not to say anything in the team talk...

Yes, little teams park the bus and it's impossible to get around

"Play wider" to create space for your attacker to run into. "Work ball into box" to prevent too many long shoots. "Look for overlap" to bring fullback to join attacking, try to outplay opposite on flank and create chance for cross.

I have been hovering above the relegation zone in the past few seasons and pull off massive results against the top teams in the division (especially away) but always seem to lose against teams below me - maybe the determination of poor teams needs to be tweaked or something or they raise their games TOO MUCH against me when they think they have a chance

Scored a goal like this once, ball clearly hit the outside of the goal and went in, goal counted.

To be honest most of the severe bugs I experienced during my first season with Dortmund actually went in my favor.

One thing I have noticed though is that tactics seem to play a much bigger role in FM13 than they did in FM12.

In FM12 if you had the best team it was almost impossible to lose, I can remember a Barca save game where I just experimented with tactics the entire season making big changes every 4 or 5 games, never getting my tactic to fluid and I still ran away with the league title and the CL.

I'm almost certain though that I wouldn't get away with something like that in FM13 considering that every team can beat you if they manage to exploit the weaknesses of your tactics and players.

I have a feeling that this was done to keep the longevity of games up where once you got the best team assembled no one could actually threaten you anymore, especially considering the poor squad building of the AI.

Now it might be a matter of discussion if the new way FM works is actually realistic or not.

Archived