Instant result is giving me better result than playing matches :X

I'm using the FM skin which adds instant result button to normal FM

ok anyways, I just started my career on Empoli in Serie B, ive just played a few friendlies against crappy teams, but what is actually funny is that whenever I play them i normally start winning before the other crappy team becomes possesed by some kind of Barcelona spirit and start running and passing super fast with no problems and draw the match in the next 20 minutes.. then i may have all the possesion and lots of shots but wont score, so thats how the match ends most times..

however, if i just press instant result with the same tactics and players, match is won with an adventage of about 3 goals...

hmm. Now you put it like that, does anyone else think the match engine's eccentricities are strangely like those of FML (Football Manager Live)?

I must confess, I'm getting deja vu watching some of these glitches. Some seem to have been in the game forever (subbed on player getting injured in next five minutes etc)

I'm using the FM skin which adds instant result button to normal FM

ok anyways, I just started my career on Empoli in Serie B, ive just played a few friendlies against crappy teams, but what is actually funny is that whenever I play them i normally start winning before the other crappy team becomes possesed by some kind of Barcelona spirit and start running and passing super fast with no problems and draw the match in the next 20 minutes.. then i may have all the possesion and lots of shots but wont score, so thats how the match ends most times..

however, if i just press instant result with the same tactics and players, match is won with an adventage of about 3 goals...

Personally, I'd see it as a sign that I was doing something wrong within the game if it was the same match under the same circumstances and the only thing different was the changes made during the match.

Did I change my mentality at the wrong time or the wrong type of change?

Was that substitution wrong?

Did I switch to a more defensive formation when I was winning and bought the opposition team too far into my own half?

etc.

Wait, there's an instant result button? is that just on classic or on the "full fat"? I gather its only available with a certain skin from the sounds of this thread, but how does it work? is it just as if you went on holiday? does it give the manager of the month etc to your assistant if you use it too often?.

That kinda function if it doesnt strip me of manager of the month awards could get me to buy the game to be honest :p.

I was under the impression the Instant Result button, although it shows on the FMC skin on the full game, was redundant.

If not, it's going to give a lot of people the opportunity to brag about results they've had no say in.

*sighs*

Wait, there's an instant result button? is that just on classic or on the "full fat"? I gather its only available with a certain skin from the sounds of this thread, but how does it work? is it just as if you went on holiday? does it give the manager of the month etc to your assistant if you use it too often?

There is a mod that allows you to add it to any skin in 'proper' FM, I believe it is in the Skinning Forum.

And from what I've seen on other fansites, you as the manager are credited with awards when using 'instant result', not the assistant manager.

Well that sounds fantastic to me, one of the things that put me off putting in many hours in FM2012 was how the assistant getting awards kind of made me feel like the game was telling me how I played was "wrong". That style being playing the important matches, but holidaying through the less important matches. I'll wait a little longer, hopefully I can get more confirmation, but that could make me want to buy for sure.

It works well for me, been using it for 7 seasons on the full fat game.

The issue I'm seeing in common with the OP is that when I actually watch the game I'll get a high percentage of matches where I've got all the possession, twice the number of shots/shots on target, yet still lose. This suggests it's not really a problem with the tactics or in-game decisions.

Not seeing this happen with instant result (I check the match reports afterwards).

I don't know, I'm probably just being paranoid about it, it just seems to happen so often that I trounce teams on every stat except for the one that counts!

Having said that, I am being very successful so far; taking a club from the depths of Scottish div3 to Champions League qualification.

It feels like I'm artificially being held back by the match engine saying "Well, we're not going to let you win ALL the time" and it just so happens it's the matches I take charge of myself where this happens mainly.

I'll quote myself:

I know difficulty settings have been floated around FM a lot, and I for one am totally against them in terms of making the engine easier and harder - but what about a difficulty setting which doesn't make the AI/ME harder or easier, but instead, gives more feedback (and gives greater hints to what could give you greater success) on easier settings.

So the current game would be 'hard', so it wouldn't effect the lovers - and 'medium' and 'easy' would give more clear-cut and accurate feedback. Not only would that give people who just want to piddle around with random tactics a greater enjoyment it would also serve to help teach them about how to spot when things need changing in different circumstances?

Just a thought.

This is a very good idea! Often my assistant manager (and now instant result) does a better job than me, so obviously the game has something to teach me about leading a match. An option for some more blatant tips would be welcome.

And then, you can run FMC to check out what the default match plans, which you are using with instant result, really mean. It is basically changing strategy a notch when you score or concede. Nothing fancy. You can try doing that yourself and see the results.

Personally, I'd see it as a sign that I was doing something wrong within the game if it was the same match under the same circumstances and the only thing different was the changes made during the match.

Did I change my mentality at the wrong time or the wrong type of change?

Was that substitution wrong?

Did I switch to a more defensive formation when I was winning and bought the opposition team too far into my own half?

etc.

Do i really need to think about all that when playing a friendly against an amateur team? I mean, my team dominates the match, shots 10 times, finally scores, and suddenly those amateur players start playing like Barcelona... I think that results from instant result buttons seem more realist in these matches... And also avoids the frustrations like having 65% possession and 18 shots and losing against an amateur team with 3 shots..

i think a huge factor of why holidaying results/instat result outcomes are better than watching the game is because the assistant somehow always picks the better starting formation than the human somehow

if you pick your formation, and then look what the assistant would setup, sometimes i get 3-4 slots wrong :p

Just posting again to say that it seems to work the other way around too with smaller teams lol, as emboli in serie B I've just beaten ac Milan 5-2 with the same tactic with which I can't beat amateur teams... Seems legit

Archived