Leaderboard Clarification

I set up and played one game on the Beta until I was a few games into first season in Premiership.

Having moved on to full game, I started a new game and did not continue with the Beta.

Both games were traditional mode of FM.

Just looked at leaderboard and my scores are shown as:

Overall All time 284,206

FM All Time 284,206

FM Single season 291,536....

Seems somewhat strange. Surtely my All Time FM score should be at least 291,536....

Is there a bug or am I not interpreting them correctly.

• SI Staff

I think what can happen is if your internet goes down or steam fails to receive the leaderboard update it means some points go missing from the all time leaderboards, the same problem doesn't exist for the savegame based ones as it takes data from the save, so next time it does an update and works those points will be recorded. I don't think there is much we can do about it.

• SI Staff
Can someone tell me how the manager wage affects the leaderboard?

Higher wage = more points?

Yeah, its a fairly small factor though compared to match results and competition wins.

I have a similar problem, i played 1,5 season with southampton got sacked:/ and took the arsenal job.. lost feling for the save and started a new one (at this time my leaderboards score was 286.122.

I started a new save with manchester united and won the league cup, fa cup and premier league in the first season. now im in december second season and leaderboards still tells me that im managing arsenal and have 286.122 points. this is very frustraiting since i have a bet going with my brother in law on who gets the most points this season:)

I have not lost connection to internet or anything and always play fm online in steam.

How can i get crappy steam to work and send the updated scores? tried contacting steam but you guys at si should know that the never answers and gives a total f... in there customers.

thank you for a great game and keep up with the good work!:)

Archived